It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Price of the actual visa itself?  (Read 8060 times)

Offline 5150

Price of the actual visa itself?
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:21:34 AM »
NOw that I'm almost through I was wondering what is the actual price of the visa itself? Isn't it like $110 or $120? We will be interviewing for a K3 visa.

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 01:13:35 PM »
It is $ 100.00 per person payable at the embassy on the day of the interview.   That is right off the web site for the Amercan Embassy in Moscow.  

Does anyone know.   I had heard that the fiancee could stop back the afternoon of the interview and pick up her Visa.  They I read the Embasy website and it says you must bring a prepaid DHL label and the visa will be sent via DHL within three weeks.  I am guessing the embasy site is right but I liked the other better.   Anyone know anything.

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
For Moscow embassy the prepaid DHL waybill is required and is available at the office on Tverskaya-Yamskaya, just down the street from the Medinitsa clinic (if she's having her physical done there it's about a two block walk) as well as the three other DHL offices in Moscow and she can request that they hold it at the DHL office for pick-up if she prefers. If I recall correctly it runs about $44.00. In our case which was some time ago (19 months) it took three days to recieve the visa and the visa itself was dated one day later than the interview.
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline jb

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 02:37:29 PM »
Yep,,,, that was our experience as well.

Offline 5150

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:48:59 PM »
In Ukraine I think it's done by courier & takes 3-4 days.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 06:40:03 PM »
Thanks that is a big help.  As anxious as we all get for the process to get through I sorta wanted to be in town when she has the interview  (My understanding is that she has to go alone, but I would like to be in Moscow with her)   Then I hoped to have the tickets aranged so that when I came back to the USA she could just come along.   It sounds like if I allow a week or just a bit more, I should be ok on that.   I really appreciate the comments.

Offline 5150

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 03:45:21 AM »
Actually you CAN go to the interview with her.
I just confirmed that in Ukraine the interview is $100, no cost for visa, & $8 for delivery.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 08:04:20 AM »
Oh that is great.   I would love to go with her, not for any reason other than I know she will be going through a lot and I want to give her all the support I can.

Offline jb

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 01:18:41 PM »
The Moscow Embassy doesn't, or didn't, allow the husband/fiancee to go to the interview itself.  The interview was conducted in a seperate area with only the interviewees allowed into that section.  

I don't know if that has changed recently, but that was the case when my wife was interviewed for her K-3 visa.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 01:36:00 PM by jb »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 08:13:25 AM »
Well I would love to be with her through everything I can just like a lot of people like to be in the delivery room with their kids.   I will hope I can. 

I think it makes sense not to allow the guy.  I think if the questions got bad some guys could be rather hard to deal with and get very protective of their women.  I think too there could be some questons come up that could put a strain in the couples relationship like past loves or other sexual matters. 

All you can do is do what you can and the best you can.  Thanks, if anyone knows more, let me know.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 05:06:15 PM »
Is it true the interviewer usually asks the lady if she would like to conduct her interview in English?

Those English lessons some of us are paying for will be an advantage in these situations.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 05:07:00 PM by Son of Clyde »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM