It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia  (Read 27846 times)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Of course, the CIA wants to topple Russia
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »

I think China would wait until the US is over-extended in 6 other unpopular wars, and the people are angry and divided.  At that point sparsely populated countries like Australia or New Zealand would be easy pickens, and may not seem very important or worth the hassle…

Is the predicted Chinese invasion going to occur before or after the aliens from Mars have their crack at invading Aus/NZ?  :shock:

If the Chinese do invade, is it going to be a win/win situation for Aus & NZ?

lordtiberius

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 06:03:58 AM »
It awfully hurt Russian economy )))

We know it hurt Russian pride which is more important than money.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
Kiwi, there are NO idiots who would not cooperate with Russia economically.
Russia is huge so it's market is very attractive for ANY country. Plus- Russia has a lot if natural resources to offer.
Many countries gained from these sanctions- besides Russia they are China, all Latin America, many Asian countries.
Thank you, EU and Obama!
I AM being serious

Sounds like Russian schools will stop teaching English and German, to be replaced by Spanish and Chinese.  Chinese men flying to Russia to meet RW.  The future opportunities are immeasurable.   ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2014, 06:08:33 AM »
Is the predicted Chinese invasion going to occur before or after the aliens from Mars have their crack at invading Aus/NZ?  :shock:

If the Chinese do invade, is it going to be a win/win situation for Aus & NZ?

Yeah well at least the sheep would finally be liberated in NZ so we can call that a win.  I think my beard will be 3 miles long before China invades Russia.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »
Wonder what you are talking about. After a sharp decline early 2014, the Ruble is stable around 48 rubles for a Euro.
Besides, in almost any Russian shop electronic payment is possible.

Heh, your avatar does not show rosy glasses so where do you get this "No Problem, they are doing fine" bullshevism?

Russia Seeks To Ease Sanction Pain

Now, before you go screaming "propaganda" these people would sell their mother at a 5% profit so it is in their interest for Russia to be economically strong.

"The impact from already-imposed sanctions, including limiting access to foreign financial markets for Russian companies, will have a prolonged effect," the central bank said in its annual monetary policy strategy document, released Friday.

The U.S. and European Union sanctions imposed so far have been relatively narrowly targeted. They include financing limits on some major banks and energy companies, restrictions on technology transfers in the defense and oil industries, as well as asset freezes and travel bans on dozens of top officials and tycoons.

But officials and industry executives say they've had a much broader indirect effect, dragging on a Russian economy that was already stalling before the Ukraine crisis exploded early this year.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »
Hmmm let's see...
During the 19th century in the dying days of the Qing dynasty, Russia was one of the western powers that exploited China and put troops on Chinese soil. Heard of the Boxer Rebellion? Now that China is an industrial powerhouse and Russia is the one going backwards, why wouldn't China want to return the favour given the chance?

Heard of the ANZUS Treaty? If Australia or New Zealand gets attacked, the treaty kicks in and America automatically becomes involved.

Why do you bother? I bet he don't even know the history of his wife's country.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »
Kiwi, there are NO idiots who would not cooperate with Russia economically.
Russia is huge so it's market is very attractive for ANY country. Plus- Russia has a lot if natural resources to offer.
Many countries gained from these sanctions- besides Russia they are China, all Latin America, many Asian countries.
Thank you, EU and Obama!
I AM being serious

Please read the article I quoted to Shadow. If you can't access it, let me know and I'll gladly cut and paste it for you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:58:24 AM by Muzh »

lordtiberius

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »

Yeah well at least the sheep would finally be liberated in NZ so we can call that a win.  I think my beard will be 3 miles long before China invades Russia.

Fathertime!

No one is predicting invasion. No one also contests that there is cooperation between the two nations. But certainly you would agree there is tension along the border.  Otherwise why the troop deployments?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:04 AM »

Why do you bother? I bet he don't even know the history of his wife's country.

I think you would lose that bet, but you are used to losing.  Real quick without looking can you layout the countries of South America.  I can! Without looking, list last 3 Presidents in Colombia.  Whoops, I think I'm more Latino than you nowadays!

Fathertime!   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:01:46 AM by fathertime »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »

I think you would lose that bet, but you are used to losing.  Real quick without looking can you layout the countries of South America.  I can! Without looking, list last 3 Presidents in Colombia.  Whoops, I think I'm more Latino than you nowadays!

Fathertime!

What are you doing up so early? Ah yes

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 07:57:50 AM »
Oh dear! Looks like the currency is dropping like a lead balloon.

http://news.yahoo.com/ruble-plunges-sharply-against-euro-dollar-110647010.html

Who wants to give the odds of the Rouble dropping to 40 to the dollar before week's end?

"Moscow (AFP) - Russian authorities told people not to panic on Tuesday as the battered ruble plunged to record lows, floored by tensions with the West over Ukraine, new sanctions and falling oil prices."

Hmmm... when the government tries to tell you not to panic, that's exactly when you should start to panic!  :ROFL:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:13:13 AM by sleepycat »

lordtiberius

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
2 to 1?

Offline Shadow

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2014, 08:15:37 AM »
Oh dear! Looks like the currency is dropping like a lead balloon.

http://news.yahoo.com/ruble-plunges-sharply-against-euro-dollar-110647010.html

Who wants to give the odds of the Rouble dropping to 40 to the dollar before week's end?

"Moscow (AFP) - Russian authorities told people not to panic on Tuesday as the battered ruble plunged to record lows, floored by tensions with the West over Ukraine, new sanctions and falling oil prices."

Hmmm... when the government tries to tell you not to panic, that's exactly when you should start to panic!  :ROFL:
It was lower in March...
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Muzh

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »
It was lower in March...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WRONG

Offline fathertime

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »

What are you doing up so early? Ah yes

Drawing a parallel: 

I state my viewpoints and it is trolling...you state yours and it is acceptable behavior.

The USA invades other nation's sovereignty and it is 'justified' Russia does it and it is reprehensible.   

This all appears to be quite the double standard.  You should expect continued resistance without whining TOO much about it.

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
No one is predicting invasion. No one also contests that there is cooperation between the two nations. But certainly you would agree there is tension along the border.  Otherwise why the troop deployments?

We (the USA) have our own border issues but that isn't considered an invasion (by most).  I guess this is the way of the world nowadays.

Fathertime!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »
So what is Mr. Putin up to, my American friends and colleagues keep asking. He is, quite simply, bent on preserving and expanding his personal and Russia’s international power. Some of his methods were inherited from the Soviets, some were developed in the absence of domestic political traditions, and some were borrowed from the West. There is no consistent ideology. Nor is there is anything particularly Russian about his beliefs. But the methodology in his playbook is constant and ruthless. It involves techniques that function when all past checks on power — institutional constraints and traditional values — are gone. If it’s true that much of the world is moving in this same ruthless direction, then, yes, Mr. Putin’s methods are indeed political guidelines for the future.

Maxim Trudolyubov, the opinion page editor of the business newspaper Vedomosti, has begun a fellowship at the Wilson Center

Offline Muzh

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2014, 08:53:30 AM »
Drawing a parallel: 

I state my viewpoints and it is trolling...you state yours and it is acceptable behavior.

The USA invades other nation's sovereignty and it is 'justified' Russia does it and it is reprehensible.   

This all appears to be quite the double standard.  You should expect continued resistance without whining TOO much about it.

Fathertime!

Listen crybaby, you do NOT post your opinions. You actually accuse people of being liars when they don't agree with you.

Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah

Offline Shadow

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WRONG

Check the graph with the Euro, not that unimportant green paper you call dollar.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »

Listen crybaby, you do NOT post your opinions. You actually accuse people of being liars when they don't agree with you.

Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah

Yes I do accuse certain people of lies of omission usually. In your case, it is mostly just foolish hypocritical posts that I notice.  For me it is ok to not agree. That is to be expected. For you it is a reason to get weepy eyed, and throw another entertaining internet fit.   :popcorn:

Fathertime!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »
Check the graph with the Euro, not that unimportant green paper you call dollar.

You mean that useless paper that was 1.3187 to the dollar last week and today is 1.295 to the dollar? I got creamed. I was exchanging dollars to Euros for our trip to Italy next week. I should have waited.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »
Yes I do accuse certain people of lies of omission usually. In your case, it is mostly just foolish hypocritical posts that I notice.  For me it is ok to not agree. That is to be expected. For you it is a reason to get weepy eyed, and throw another entertaining internet fit.   :popcorn:

Fathertime!

LMFAO

Sure sweetheart. Whatever you say.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »

You mean that useless paper that was 1.3187 to the dollar last week and today is 1.295 to the dollar? I got creamed. I was exchanging dollars to Euros for our trip to Italy next week. I should have waited.
I waited until I hit Naples to exchange...I got a fair rate and the city was awesome especially if you are a good walker and willing to venture into the hills where locals live...awesome pizza too

Fathertime!

lordtiberius

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
We (the USA) have our own border issues but that isn't considered an invasion (by most).  I guess this is the way of the world nowadays.

Fathertime!

We do have our own border problems.  How many divisions does Mexico and the US have pointed at each other?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
We do have our own border problems.  How many divisions does Mexico and the US have pointed at each other?
We are basically ignoring our problem, as we are too busy getting into everyone else's business. ..if we chose to address it we would put the military on the border.

Fathertime!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM