It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Missing Fathers date of birth and death for K-1  (Read 3967 times)

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Missing Fathers date of birth and death for K-1
« on: March 29, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
Hi All!

My FSUW and I have a question.  We are trying to fill out our K-1 form and one of the pieces of information need is her father's date of birth and date of death.

The problem is, her parents divorced when my FSUW was 10 (in 1987) and her father moved back to Azerbaijan and later died in 1990.  She has no idea what month he died in and she is guessing at his birthday.  Is there anywhere we can look online for this?  I've tried all the geneology sites like ancestry.com and nothing comes up at all.

Offline Anotherkiwi

Re: Missing Fathers date of birth and death for K-1
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
Was he born in Azerbaijan as well?  I would think that the only possible way of finding out the exact details would be to write to the Interior Ministry (or whatever it may be called) and request copies of his Birth and Death certificates.  Under the circumstances, they MIGHT be prepared to simply supply the dates in a letter (or email) but, as they're FSU bureaucrats, I'm sure that option would cost extra.  :o

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
That's a good idea.  Does the "Interior Ministry" keep those records?  Here in the US, it is kept by the county in the state you were born or died in

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »
That's a good idea.  Does the "Interior Ministry" keep those records?  Here in the US, it is kept by the county in the state you were born or died in

Just list it as unknown

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:50:39 PM »
Just list it as unknown

Correct.  That should suffice.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 02:46:47 AM »

I imagine that, in many such cases, it could take quite a bit of searching to find the correct county.  In countries that are all "one" (such as mine), these records are kept together because everything is recorded only in one place.  While the hospital where I was born has a record of the birth itself, the registration of any birth (or marriage, or death) is kept in a centralised repository.  This makes it a LOT easier for someone in your situation to find the correct records very quickly.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
I imagine that, in many such cases, it could take quite a bit of searching to find the correct county.  In countries that are all "one" (such as mine), these records are kept together because everything is recorded only in one place.  While the hospital where I was born has a record of the birth itself, the registration of any birth (or marriage, or death) is kept in a centralised repository.  This makes it a LOT easier for someone in your situation to find the correct records very quickly.

There is nothing easy about the still Soviet style bureaucracy. It is real and still exists. It somehow works just not very efficient. The USCIS won't grill her over that issue. They might question her and she will tell the truth and move on. You can't help what you can't help.

Offline Chicagoguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
You might get more opinions on www.visajourney.com
But then again you might never find out or spend way too much time on this.
You can't be the first with this problem.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:45:53 AM »
When you fill out the various immigration papers, the only proof required is birth certificates for husband, wife and children.

Whatever dates you put down for parents' info is accepted without proof.

We all were 'told' the date of our parent's birth and perhaps death.  How many of you have ever seen such birth/death certificates?

So on the immigration forms, put down dates you were 'told.'
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:50:05 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 06:39:17 AM »
It's more important that she be honest about it, she doesn't know, she hasn't seen him, she can't find out. They will probably ask her about it at some point perhaps even later in her K-1 process. Be truthful and consistent. As ML stated, they likely not investigate it but, whatever she puts on the application is open for question. She needs consistent answers.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1887
Total: 1898

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM