It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: latest from Krim  (Read 9605 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
latest from Krim
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »
note: was planning on adding photos to this - but the gallery feature seems to no longer function, keeps giving an error message
so here goes without planned on photos, hopefully this will be fixed and I will upload photos later

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the old narrow dirt road led through the forest and seemed like it was seldom used
the forest was filled with many enormous ancient stone walls covered in vines and bushes that vanished behind the trees, eventually the road broadened out and I could see a clearing ahead and then I could see a small canal....

I parked my mountain bike against a tree, and unzipped my backpack and took out my radiation meter and removed it from its case

my eyes darted back and forth to see if I was being watched
the coast was all clear, so I climbed down into the canal and took some readings

I put the radiation meter back into my backpack and withdrew my Soviet era map of the Northern Crimean Canal System.  I pointed to my current location and then looked up towards the sun, I was good for several more hours before I had to be at the rendezvous point with my wife who would give me a ride back to Sevastopol! I traced a circle around my finger and decided to keep heading north to where I’d intersect one of the main subcanals that connects to THE main canal that was essentially the Dnipro River transported to Crimea!

I spent several hours meandering like a slow moving stream through the Crimean countryside
taking pictures of canals and probing canal sediments and water with a radiation meter.

Using a highly detailed Soviet topographical map of the Northern Crimean Canal System as my guide, I was able to trace the flow of water through Crimea’s canal system backwards from its end-point to its origin, and taking water and canal sediment radiation readings and taking all the radiation numbers I collected and entered into my iphone.
What I learned was this.
Chernobil was the worst nuclear disaster in human history.  It released an enormous amount of radioactivity into the surrounding countryside, which through the actions of the numerous streams and rivers of the Dnipro watershed is continually being washed from the soil and into the river system where the non-soluble radioactive products can travel huge distances, even as far as Crimea

If this water is used for agriculture (which it is!) it will deposit each day it operates an accumulating layer of very fine non-soluble radioactive silt that will end up being deposited in the soil some of which will end up being absorbed by the crop as a result of irrigating with this water

so each year the amount of radiation in the soil gets higher and higher instead of less through radioactive decay.  some of this water was even used for drinking water, and it had a radioactivity reading of 14X normal background

and THIS is why people in Crimea are all dead of cancer before they are 70

This all could have been avoided with the proper filtration treatment.

two demographic observations

there are no old people in the villages of Crimea,  by age 70 everyone in these villages has already died of cancer, 60 in Crimea is like 80 in America

there are also no young men in the villages
all the young men in villages have been conscripted, and are now in the military
so you don’t generally see them in villages anymore
in Sevastopol however, military vehicles and military personnel are EVERYWHERE!

Military can mean either directly in Russian Federation Military, and at age 16+ in local paramilitary groups, which afterward are being recruited into special “shock battalions” for a MAJOR upcoming war with Ukraine.  shock battalions are dressed as civilians and will enter Ukraine as armed units and seize train stations, armories, etc. 48 hr before Russian Army Blitzkrieg across Ukraine from Crimea as well as from Rostov Western Military District to “rescue” Russians in danger from Ukraine’s civil war (that they JUST CREATED!).  shock battalions will take over key sites in Southern Ukraine cities of Odessa and Nikolaev and control rail/air/road traffic, followed by over 200,000 Russian troops attacking from both Crimea and Rostov, demolishing Ukraine’s military in Eastern Ukraine in 48 hours and then heading West seizing Nikolaev and Odessa, while another force of 35,000 attacks from Transnistria.

In just 4 days of fighting, Russian troops enter Odessa and Kharkiv, while Ukrainian Army units that are mobilizing around Kyiv and Lvov are being constantly attacked by Russian aircraft flown from Belarus, Lvov breaks with Kyiv and will no longer send volunteer battalions, instead deploying them around Lvov leaving kyiv’s defenses severely undermanned and already under heavy attack when a force of over 70,000 Russian troops attacks from the north and occupies Chernigov on Day 5 putting them within 70 miles of Kyiv .
By day 7, except for a few pockets of resistance, everything East of the Dnipro is under Russian control while Russian forces to the South push North and enter Cherkassy, and Russian troops are within 40 miles of kyiv.

At least this was the scenario laid out on large maps and diagrams and charts in an empty office of the largest paramilitary training center in Crimea (which my hidden camera captured), while I was dressed in Russian Camo as a “volunteer” and brought in covertly by “someone”...

Putin’s goal is not only to provide a complete land bridge to Crimea but to assert control over the Northern Crimean Canal System, which is essential to Crimea’s future survival, and of course to gain control over as much of Ukraine as it can.

Since Ukraine stopped the flow of the Dnipro into the Northern Crimean canal system, there has been a huge water problem in Crimea!  ALL of Crimea’s large scale agriculture depends on this water!  The Russian authorities have provided a temporary solution, but no permanent solution to this problem.  The temporary solution has been to “back-pump” every single reservoir in Crimea back into the canal, along with using as much groundwater as possible.  As a result, the reservoirs are now nearly empty and the water table is dramatically falling as well!

Even with these short term measures which are going to run out soon, it’s still NOT ENOUGH!!
My impromptu tour of a local potato field, which when I last saw this particular field over 10 years ago when it was very well irrigated and produced potatoes by the truckloads per hector, this year it showed inadequate irrigation, the ground baked hard, few potatoes could penetrate through the baked soil, the harvest from this field will be almost zero this year, how many more fields are like this one in Crimea?

everywhere I go, I see lots of brown vegetation and signs of failed crops or even un-planted fields, large scale agriculture in Crimea is a remnant of the past

however, it’s not JUST about agriculture or industrial use of water.  Without the Northern Crimean Canal, in less than 5 yr Crimea will not be able to supply municipal water to all its people, then what?  What investor will spend on development projects in Crimea, when there’s no water?  The only people NOT worried about this problem in Crimea is the Russian military, because they KNOW what the solution is going to be...

Tick Tock
Tick Tock

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: latest from Krim
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 04:05:47 PM »
the gallery feature seems to no longer function, keeps giving an error message
What error message? Anyway, you can put images within your posts or as attachments below it - see the RWD Help page (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=48).
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »
the error message says that the image is too large, even when I try a tiny sample image

I will look at the alternatives you mentioned, but I don't have these pictures uploaded anywhere else they're just on my iphone

Online krimster2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
test upload with picture

Online krimster2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 04:20:11 PM »
ok... that works...
one more

Online krimster2

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
Crimean Village July 2018 (recent enough for you JayH?)

but this is tedious... only allows one attachment

well... if the Gallery feature gets fixed I will upload Russia's Top Secret Invasion plans of Ukraine here...
otherwise too tedious to load picture by picture.... will take all day...

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
A couple observations;

The Krim has always been arid.

The amount of agriculture on the Krim is limited except for viniculture.

I assume your 'radiation meter' was in fact a so called Geiger counter. Care to publish some readings. Do you have some baseline readings and those from the canal.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online krimster2

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
geiger counters based on a Geiger–Müller tube are so 1950ish
I bought a new solid state version called the GQ GMC-500Plus Nuclear Radiation Detector Monitor
there are a couple of ways of measuring radiation, but the normal background count in Krim away from any rocks or buildings is about 20 counts per min
I have a huge file of all readings with GPS

there WAS all kinds of agriculture on Krim, was....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 05:34:35 PM »
Crimea is arid. However, the Dnipro-Crimea Canal brought millions of liters of water, no restrictions, to Crimea. Even in Soviet times, Crimea grew rice, wheat, greens, apples, peaches, apricots, pears, grapes, etc. Some of these things will continue to grow but not at the same levels.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »
not only agriculture, but industrial water usage, some villages already have water rationing
if northern crimean canal is not restored there will be universal water rationing in Crimea within 2 years

Online krimster2

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »
Crimea's population has grown considerably since the Northern Crimean Canal was finished almost 50 years ago
even without the demand from agriculture and industry there isn't enough water to supply the residential municipal water requirements for the current population!!!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 06:02:50 PM »
I thought the Russians were building a pipeline from the Kinabalu River.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
where's that?  never heard of it?
the only pipeline project in Crimea I know of  is a massive groundwater drilling operation
it's already complete

Online krimster2

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »
oh my already getting hits from Fancy Bear, how's the new office guys?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
I read about it in Russian language news.

Online krimster2

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »
i never heard of the Kinabalu river, I looked it up and it's in Malaysia
are you sure you have the right name?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 08:37:13 PM »
Kuban. Sorry, autocorrect on my phone.

Online krimster2

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »
i've heard of a gas pipeline from Kuban but not water
where would the water come from?
Kuban is just as dry as Crimea

Offline Boethius

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »
The Kuban River.

Online krimster2

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
that would be one hell of a pipeline
I will be surprised if they actually build it, but I guess it might be converted into a pipeline for oil or gas

Online krimster2

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
just read this about the Kuban project

http://krymsos.com/en/news/pustelya-krim-yak-mistsevii--vladi--dovoditsya-vikruchuvatis-v-umovakh-defitsitu-vodi/

"As for the water pipeline from the Krasnodar Territory, the question is not worth raising here. There is no such resource water in the Kuban. According to all the statistical data and the meetings that we held previously at the level of the federal authorities, the Kuban has no water to provide the Crimea", – "News of the Crimea" quotes his words."

so I dunno

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 04:09:36 AM »
i've heard of a gas pipeline from Kuban but not water
where would the water come from?
Kuban is just as dry as Crimea

WHAAAAAT ?

'My 'part of Kuban has fast flowing rivers in July - 'fresh' from the Caucus Mountains

Online krimster2

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 04:27:04 AM »
wow never been to that part, the area I was in looked pretty dry
since part of Crimea is already under water rationing, the pipeline if it's real (and it looks like it isn't)
needs to have been started yesterday
at the moment, you'd need about an hour to remove the dam that Ukraine built to stop the flow of the Dnipro to restore The Northern Crimean Canal

was asking my wife to help me translate the notes from the pictures I took in the Paramilitary office
she looked at what I had, she told me if this is real and I publish it, I will be a dead man
I told her not to worry I have life insurance

Online krimster2

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 06:50:08 AM »
russian military vehicles are EVERYWHERE in Crimea now
this Russian truck almost ran me over
in the background you can see St Vladimir in Chersonnes

Online krimster2

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 06:54:59 AM »
that's a nice lookin river
since I used to live in California
would LOVE to try gold panning in that river!!!
one summer many, many moons ago I went gold panning almost every weekend in the Yuba River near Nevada City, CA
for the summer my take was almost 2 OZ of flake gold with a few small nuggets
some of the most fun I ever had, and the river looked like "yours"
could stand on the banks of the river and see the fish swimming by!!!

ahhhh good times

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1908
Total: 1919

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM