It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Using local agencies vs. being independent  (Read 6301 times)

Offline 525i

Using local agencies vs. being independent
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:52:59 AM »
During the nine days with Tatyana we talked about many issues. One of them was how she ended up having her profile on the website where I found her. It is an other story how I found her.

First she went to one of her local marriage agencies. They wanted to take photos of her, choose the photos (and not let Tatyana to choose them) and they wanted that she would answer to men's letters even she did not like the guy. She did not like this and she decided not to use their services.

Instead she went to one photo studio and made photos. She got four. I saw three of them on the website. When I visited her home, she showed me all four, but at first she didn't show lower part of one photo, which I hadn't seen. She let me see it completely. It was a type of photo women quite usually have: lean forward and main subject being her breasts. She did not want to use this photo. Some women does, but she didn't.

She placed her profile on one big website and she got many letters in short period of time. She cancelled her profile for reasons. One reason was that she thought that many men just write to new women. She has long working days. Would you read all letters after a hard working day?

Then later she placed her profile on quieter website, because she thought that men who would write to her would be interested just in her. Now she got only few letters and my letter was one of them. My letter was not a generic letter (except for one part). It had a lot of references to her ad.

Many girls don't have opportunity to use Internet. Their only(?) possibility is to use local agencies and some of them might be like the one she told me about. Girls are used and men are used in this setup.

Tatyana has her own e-mail address and a possibility to use Internet every day. This is the reason she could search a man without local agencies.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 07:08:59 AM »
Hey 5251,

My opinion, be independant but use good, honest local agencies. You are in control. If you don't like something about one agency, move on. It is best when you have the flexability to choose amoungest 2-3 good local agencies in any one city but try to be as independant as possiable.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:42:21 AM »
I used an agency to purchase the addresses and wrote to them on my own using my own translator. It worked out very well.

Also I placed my profile on a site for free and received about 10 responses.

This was cost effective for me paying for the names of ladies I was interested in and using a unbiased translator. Having my profile up really surprised me because I received more responses than I had anticipated.

The agency can also be used to send gifts which is very beneficial in Ukraine where you can't trust the postal system.

Offline 525i

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 04:25:17 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
The agency can also be used to send gifts which is very beneficial in Ukraine where you can't trust the postal system.

Are you saying that it is quite possible that Tatyana does not get my letter which I sent yesterday? :?  The letter contains 20 photos from our meeting.

Does anyone know when she might get the letter? I sent it on Monday (I live in Finland). BTW, my GPS says that Tatyana's home is 1626,45 km south from here.

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 05:34:45 AM »
[user=266]525i[/user] wrote:
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
Are you saying that it is quite possible that Tatyana does not get my letter which I sent yesterday? :?  The letter contains 20 photos from our meeting.

Does anyone know when she might get the letter? I sent it on Monday (I live in Finland). BTW, my GPS says that Tatyana's home is 1626,45 km south from here.
I have sent parcels and letters (by U.S.P.S air mail) to Odessa from the U.S and I have found that when I wrote the labels in English it took about six to eight weeks.  The last two or three letters I've addressed to her in Russian and she has recieved them within two weeks.  So I don't know if it's the language or just the fact that Ukraine postal service is more unreliable the the United States Postal Service or both.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Bruno

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:11:32 AM »
Myself, for the delay of post, not so much problem ... from Belgium ( little village ) to Ukraine ( Nikolaev )... between 3 to 6 days... of course, i write the address both in russian and english... and i use airmail and prior...

Offline 525i

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 09:36:25 AM »
Good to know. Thanks Bruno. I wrote the address in English.

Offline corp

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 05:51:19 PM »
As it happened I sent a package out past kazan In Russia. I wrote the address in both Russian and english, it got there today, about 9 days.
Since I can not write in russian I just printed the writing off the email and taped it on the box.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1951
Total: 1960

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM