It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian news  (Read 149002 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Russian news
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2016, 12:15:56 PM »
Jim, compare to my yard.
Word to wise . . . don't fertilize grass just before two weeks of rain nearly every day.
Leads to need to mow every 3 days or so.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Russian news
« Reply #451 on: May 30, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
Note to self: don't bother to mention that it is no wonder--much of Siberia formerly belonged to China in fairly recent history. For Russians, once they have conquered a land--it is as if they have owned it forever.
Remind me, please, what part of Siberia belonged to China in fairly recent history?  :D May be you can also name the cities or other Chinese tracks in that area?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
Russian news
« Reply #452 on: May 31, 2016, 09:52:41 AM »
I don't find that educated Russians dispute this? Are you saying that you do?

Here is a name: Blagoveshchensk. And another: the entire border between Russia and China.

I'd suggest that you begin your own education by boning up on the Convention of Peking of 1860, as just one example. Then, once you have mastered the spelling of Manchuria, move on to the Treaty of Aigun. There is more once you have an elementary understanding of those.

For more contemporary lifting bone up on the “Treaty of Good-neighbor Relations, Friendship, and Cooperation” signed in Moscow in July 2001. Article 6 might be especially interesting.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #453 on: May 31, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »
I don't find that educated Russians dispute this? Are you saying that you do?

Here is a name: Blagoveshchensk. And another: the entire border between Russia and China.

I'd suggest that you begin your own education by boning up on the Convention of Peking of 1860, as just one example. Then, once you have mastered the spelling of Manchuria, move on to the Treaty of Aigun. There is more once you have an elementary understanding of those.

For more contemporary lifting bone up on the “Treaty of Good-neighbor Relations, Friendship, and Cooperation” signed in Moscow in July 2001. Article 6 might be especially interesting.
I'd suggest to educate yourself first.Blagoveshchensk was founded by Russians, Erofei Khabarov built a fort here in 1653. As for the Treaty of Aigun which was 2 years earlier then the Convention of Peking, it defined the border between China and Russian Imperia. The Manchus did not intend to develop that territory, it was a buffer zone for them where no tax-paying population lived, and the Chinese didn't have a clue about these lands. In other words, Russia and China shared the uninhabited land, which actually belonged to no one.
By the way, stop calling the Russian Far East as Siberia, we are not living in the times of Ivan the Terrible anymore. Geographically it is not the same.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Russian news
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
WhyNotMe,

I thought you lived in the Seattle!  Erofei Khabarov built a fort there in 1653?  Or do you still see yourself as a Russian with a temporary address in the State of Washington?

There are no indicators that China is anxious to start a war over territory in Russia.  With the perpetuated Big Lie of Russian Media, I find the idea that Russians now point to China as an ongoing belligerent to be somewhat nationalistic and provocative.  Mendy's post was that people are talking about Chinese aggression.  But I can understand that Russians are somewhat uncomfortable.    After all, the Federal Region of the Russian Far East is 2.4 Million square miles of land.  And only 6.293 million inhabitants, yielding only .39 people per square mile with around 75% of those people living in the few urban areas.  In other words, it is largely empty, except for a few cities. 

My personal take is that with the ongoing failure of the Russian economy, it is quite possible that Russia would yield drilling rights for oil and or discounted gas and oil for hard currency.   Oops.  They've already done that!  Well, the discounted gas and oil for hard currency, anyway.  That was the deal negotiated with China a year and a half ago.

Here is a map of the Federal Regions:

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

Russian news
« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
I don't think whether China previously held Russian territories is relevant to this issue.

My understanding is Chinese nationals lease land in that region, and even own factories whose workers are almost all Chinese.

If a Chinese leader is to follow Putin's example, if the region becomes populated with ethnic Chinese, at some point, they will be a critical mass in parts of the region.  If the majority in any such region is ethnically Chinese, China could send troops in to "protect" those ethnic Chinese from Russia, and annex those lands in the process.  That is what Russia did in Crimea.  The fact Crimea previously was part of the Russian Empire, and part of the Russian republic in Soviet times, is, and was, irrelevant.  The justification for the invasion was to protect ethnic Russians.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

Russian news
« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
I don't think whether China previously held Russian territories is relevant to this issue.

My understanding is Chinese nationals lease land in that region, and even own factories whose workers are almost all Chinese.

If a Chinese leader is to follow Putin's example, if the region becomes populated with ethnic Chinese, at some point, they will be a critical mass in parts of the region.  If the majority in any such region is ethnically Chinese, China could send troops in to "protect" those ethnic Chinese from Russia, and annex those lands in the process.  That is what Russia did in Crimea.  The fact Crimea previously was part of the Russian Empire, and part of the Russian republic in Soviet times, is, and was, irrelevant. The justification for the invasion was to protect ethnic Russians.

Not according to most Russians I know.  They all say that Crimea was ours.  We just got it back.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

Russian news
« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »
But that was not Putin's justification.  His justification was the requirement to protect Russian nationals outside Russia's borders.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2016, 01:13:40 PM »
WhyNotMe,

I thought you lived in the Seattle!  Erofei Khabarov built a fort there in 1653?  Or do you still see yourself as a Russian with a temporary address in the State of Washington?

Pretty silly question, isn't?  :D I was born Russian and will die being Russian.  And yes, Google can always help you with your education.
Strange, you didn't google info about northern areas of China, especially near the Russian-Chinese border and compare it with Russia. They are almost empty too.  :D

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:20:02 PM by whynotme »

Offline jone

Russian news
« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2016, 02:11:01 PM »
Pretty silly question, isn't?  :D I was born Russian and will die being Russian.  And yes, Google can always help you with your education.
Strange, you didn't google info about northern areas of China, especially near the Russian-Chinese border and compare it with Russia. They are almost empty too.  :D

You are kidding, aren't you? 

You ask if I looked in Google for population statistics, as if that is a bad thing.  But then you did not, so you are caught flat footed (an English saying meaning that you are not informed/prepared).    The population of the Chinese province that shares the greatest common border with Russia is Heilongjiang.  It has a population of 38.34 Million.  It has 175600 Square Miles of Land.  That is around 218 people per square mile.  That compares to the statistics above which state that Russia has less than .4 people per square mile.  So we are talking 218 to 0.4.  To me that is a great discrepancy.   

One other note:  Only 11.4 Million reside in the top ten cities of Heilongjiang.  That means that around 30 percent of their people live in their top urban areas.

Online Faux Pas

Russian news
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »
Not according to most Russians I know.  They all say that Crimea was ours.  We just got it back.

Most I know don't see things that way.

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »
You are kidding, aren't you? 

You ask if I looked in Google for population statistics, as if that is a bad thing.  But then you did not, so you are caught flat footed (an English saying meaning that you are not informed/prepared).    The population of the Chinese province that shares the greatest common border with Russia is Heilongjiang.  It has a population of 38.34 Million.  It has 175600 Square Miles of Land.  That is around 218 people per square mile.  That compares to the statistics above which state that Russia has less than .4 people per square mile.  So we are talking 218 to 0.4.  To me that is a great discrepancy.   

One other note:  Only 11.4 Million reside in the top ten cities of Heilongjiang.  That means that around 30 percent of their people live in their top urban areas.

Very primitive calculation (same as the average temperature in the hospital, including the morgue), try to look at population distribution maps. What is Heilongjiang I know not from Google only. Enjoy reading  :D

Большинство населения провинции проживаете Харбине и прилегающих к нему уездах вдоль среднего течения р. Сунгари, до впадения в нее р. Муданьцзян. Географически это центральный район провинции. Плотность сельского населения составляет здесь до 200 и более человек на 1 кв. км. Менее плотно заселены другие районы провинции, в том числе приграничные. Населенность тех из них, что расположены в непосредственной близости к Приморскому краю, сопоставима с населенностью прилегающей российской территории.

В районе городов Цзиси, Мишань и Хулинь плотность населения колеблется от 50 до 100 человек на 1 кв. км, Дуннин и Суйфэньхэ - от 30 до 50, Шуанъяшань - от 10 до 209. Напомним, что средняя плотность населения Приморского края - 13,5 человек на 1 кв. км. При этом районы, примыкающие к государственной границе в ее западной части, заселены более плотно, чем районы на востоке края. Так, в приграничном Уссурийском районе плотность населения даже несколько выше, чем на китайской стороне: здесь она составляет от 50 до 150 человек на кв. км. В большинстве других районов, выходящих к границе либо расположенных на незначительном удалении от нее - в Лесозаводском, Спасском, Ханкайском, Октябрьском, Черниговском, Хорольском, Михайловском, - плотность населения ниже: от 15 до 50 человек. В частности, Октябрьский район заселен по плотности практически так же, как соседний уезд Дуннин, в который ведет пограничный переход Полтавка. В Кировском и Пограничном районах, выходящих к границе и также располагающих важными переходами через нее, плотность населения составляет от 5 до 15 человек на кв. км. Менее плотно в сельской местности заселены приграничные районы на северо-западе Приморского края - Дальнереченский и Лучегорский. В них плотность населения менее 5 человек на кв. км, то есть практически такая же, как и в районах на востоке Приморья - Тернейском, Ольгинском, Лазовском, Чугуевском. Но в этой части приграничья похожая ситуация сложилась и на китайской стороне.

Река Уссури на значительном протяжении является пограничной. Плотность населения в районах, прилегающих к ней с запада, на китайской территории, ниже, чем к востоку от Уссури, на территории РФ. Здешние приграничные китайские земли (северо-восток провинции Хэйлунцзян) заболочены, издавна они назывались Бэйдахуан (Большое северное захолустье). В ходе экономического подъема КНР в конце XX века район стал быстро осваиваться, но вблизи государственной границы рядом с Приморьем есть лишь один населенный пункт со статусом города - Хулинь. На российской стороне городов больше: Спасск-Дальний, Лесозаводск, Дальнереченск, пос. Лучегорск.

Take a look at the population of the Gobi Desert and Tibet. China has enough unpopulated lands. Don't worry about Russia, they prefer better climate to live, Vancouver for example.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:40:57 PM by whynotme »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
Russian news
« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2016, 11:11:07 PM »
I find it interesting that Russia has recently given China extended lease rights from agricultural use, yet Russian media has begun to beat the drum of "China wants back land" and will someday begin a war to claim it.

I don't often have the opportunity to speak with Chinese leaders so it is difficult to gauge their intentions, but if you listen to more and more Russian conversations, China is slowly being added to the list of USA and NATO as anti-Russian. Those feelings are being generated by speculation in state-owned Russian media.

My sponsor/god-father into the Orthodox faith was born in a region that was once Chinese as his parents were working there. Today it is a Russian town.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
Russian news
« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2016, 11:14:58 PM »
WhyNotMe, I do hope that you will continue your education. It is never too late to learn.

Blagoveshchensk is located on or near the site of ancient villages populated since about the year 1000 by descendants of the Qing Dynasty. You might wish to bone up on the history of the Amur river.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:59:36 PM by mendeleyev »

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2016, 12:57:39 AM »
WhyNotMe, I do hope that you will continue your education. It is never too late to learn.

Blagoveshchensk is located on or near the site of ancient villages populated since about the year 1000 by descendants of the Qing Dynasty. You might wish to bone up on the history of the Amur river.

I'm too tired to educate you.
1. Daur people are related to the Mongols, not Chinese. They can't be the Qing Dynasty descendants, their ancestors are Kidane.
2. The Qing Dynasty - 1644 to 1912, any connection with the ancient village near Grodekovo populated since about the year 1000?

Check information more carefully before posting something. I know my land history better than ignorant American living in Moscow.

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2016, 01:03:35 AM »
My sponsor/god-father into the Orthodox faith was born in a region that was once Chinese as his parents were working there. Today it is a Russian town.
Name it.

Offline jone

Russian news
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2016, 01:36:24 AM »
Very primitive calculation (same as the average temperature in the hospital, including the morgue), try to look at population distribution maps. What is Heilongjiang I know not from Google only. Enjoy reading  :D

Большинство населения провинции проживаете Харбине и прилегающих к нему уездах вдоль среднего течения р. Сунгари, до впадения в нее р. Муданьцзян. Географически это центральный район провинции. Плотность сельского населения составляет здесь до 200 и более человек на 1 кв. км. Менее плотно заселены другие районы провинции, в том числе приграничные. Населенность тех из них, что расположены в непосредственной близости к Приморскому краю, сопоставима с населенностью прилегающей российской территории.

В районе городов Цзиси, Мишань и Хулинь плотность населения колеблется от 50 до 100 человек на 1 кв. км, Дуннин и Суйфэньхэ - от 30 до 50, Шуанъяшань - от 10 до 209. Напомним, что средняя плотность населения Приморского края - 13,5 человек на 1 кв. км. При этом районы, примыкающие к государственной границе в ее западной части, заселены более плотно, чем районы на востоке края. Так, в приграничном Уссурийском районе плотность населения даже несколько выше, чем на китайской стороне: здесь она составляет от 50 до 150 человек на кв. км. В большинстве других районов, выходящих к границе либо расположенных на незначительном удалении от нее - в Лесозаводском, Спасском, Ханкайском, Октябрьском, Черниговском, Хорольском, Михайловском, - плотность населения ниже: от 15 до 50 человек. В частности, Октябрьский район заселен по плотности практически так же, как соседний уезд Дуннин, в который ведет пограничный переход Полтавка. В Кировском и Пограничном районах, выходящих к границе и также располагающих важными переходами через нее, плотность населения составляет от 5 до 15 человек на кв. км. Менее плотно в сельской местности заселены приграничные районы на северо-западе Приморского края - Дальнереченский и Лучегорский. В них плотность населения менее 5 человек на кв. км, то есть практически такая же, как и в районах на востоке Приморья - Тернейском, Ольгинском, Лазовском, Чугуевском. Но в этой части приграничья похожая ситуация сложилась и на китайской стороне.

Река Уссури на значительном протяжении является пограничной. Плотность населения в районах, прилегающих к ней с запада, на китайской территории, ниже, чем к востоку от Уссури, на территории РФ. Здешние приграничные китайские земли (северо-восток провинции Хэйлунцзян) заболочены, издавна они назывались Бэйдахуан (Большое северное захолустье). В ходе экономического подъема КНР в конце XX века район стал быстро осваиваться, но вблизи государственной границы рядом с Приморьем есть лишь один населенный пункт со статусом города - Хулинь. На российской стороне городов больше: Спасск-Дальний, Лесозаводск, Дальнереченск, пос. Лучегорск.

Take a look at the population of the Gobi Desert and Tibet. China has enough unpopulated lands. Don't worry about Russia, they prefer better climate to live, Vancouver for example.

Facts are pesky things.  Not like the puff piece you included.  Surely even you know when you are reading Russian lies to sell to the population base.   Or do you still believe that the Malaysian Airline was brought down by the Ukrainians?

Below is a satellite image of population density along the Chinese/Russian border.  As you can see by the Red and the pink (and the white on the Russian side) that China has the great majority of population  in the area.

Offline JayH

Russian news
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2016, 02:04:52 AM »
A rare glimpse at the border between China and Russia, on a recently divided island.

Signs and Symbols on the Sino-Russian Borderr
In Vladimir Sorokin’s fantastic vision of Russia’s future in his novel The Day of the Oprichnik, 28 million Chinese live in Siberia and some officials grumble that Russia must “crawl hunchbacked before the Celestial Kingdom.” Others understand that there is no alternative as long as everything Russians need, including beds and toilets, is manufactured in China. Sorokin has put his finger on an already powerful dialectic. Russia is attracted to China, with its promise of unbound economic possibilities, but at the same time it fears its own attraction and recoils. Russians will feel deceived if China does not extend its economic power to them and they will feel threatened if it does

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/signs-and-symbols-on-the-sino-russian-border/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #468 on: June 01, 2016, 02:27:05 AM »
Facts are pesky things.  Not like the puff piece you included.  Surely even you know when you are reading Russian lies to sell to the population base.   Or do you still believe that the Malaysian Airline was brought down by the Ukrainians?

Below is a satellite image of population density along the Chinese/Russian border.  As you can see by the Red and the pink (and the white on the Russian side) that China has the great majority of population  in the area.

Did you paint it in pink specially for me?  :D  You didn't bother to learn Russian, but consider yourself an expert.
I like this map better.
Address your question about Boeing to investigators.

Offline jone

Russian news
« Reply #469 on: June 01, 2016, 04:19:26 AM »
Ne bood Durakom, Mila.  I read exactly what you posted.  I show satellite imagery, you pull out a population map.  Which do you think is accurate?   Is your insult to me supposed to be that I don't understand Russian?  You don't know me very well.  But you can assume all you want.

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
Russian news
« Reply #470 on: June 01, 2016, 08:04:58 AM »
Ne bood Durakom, Mila.  I read exactly what you posted.  I show satellite imagery, you pull out a population map.  Which do you think is accurate?   Is your insult to me supposed to be that I don't understand Russian?  You don't know me very well.  But you can assume all you want.

Come on Jone, be a gentleman  :D  I know you're a fine chap.

Offline whynotme

Russian news
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2016, 10:07:38 AM »

Детский сад, штаны на лямках  :D Don't disgrace yourself using your illiterate Russian. I don't care about your personality, I never want to know narcissistic idiots very close. I also know well enough it's a waste of time to post something on Russophobe forum.
Are you trying to prove China doesn't have a lot of empty areas on its territory? Re-read my posts, I never write about the fact that the Far East is densely populated. The Chinese are interested in any resources sources, and it is not Russia only. However, this doesn't mean the Sino-Russian relations reigns idyll.

Offline jone

Russian news
« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »

Come on Jone, be a gentleman  :D  I know you're a fine chap.

R- Thank you for reminding me to be a gentleman.  I shouldn't have to result to name calling to make my point.  WhyNotMe, please receive my apology for calling you a Durak.

The simple fact is that the population density on the border of China is far greater than the other side of the border.  In spite of what WhyNotMe's fluff piece said.  That piece is intended to placate the inhabitants locally so as not to panic them that the Chinese have a 20/1 advantage, across the border.

You and I both know its true.  But that doesn't mean the Chinese are a threat.  It is simply a statistic of demographics.  Quite honestly, who cares?   I have no reason not to take Mendy's word that the bunker mentality presented by the Kremlin continues and that China is now broadcast through the media to be an increasing threat, even though there is no evidence to support belligerence on China's part.

No one really believes the Big Lie outside of Russia.  But the Russian people continue to.

For the record, I have lived in Russia on various occasions and am far from a Russophobe.  Some of my best friends are Russian nationals.   Fortunately, they don't include WhyNotMe.

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
Russian news
« Reply #473 on: June 02, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
ANASTASIA Bubeyeva shows a screenshot on her computer of a picture of a toothpaste tube with the words: “Squeeze Russia out of yourself!” For sharing this picture on a social media site with his 12 friends, her husband was sentenced this month to more than two years in prison.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/dozens-in-russia-imprisoned-for-social-media-likes-reposts/news-story/9cb54ddab2810129920d560f4eb5983b

Of course, this is from an Australian publication, therefore is likely to be just Russophobic Western propaganda. :)

Offline AkMike

Russian news
« Reply #474 on: June 04, 2016, 11:14:43 PM »
 :cluebat: They blame everyone else except themselves and their leaders for their troubles.  :rolleyes:

Russians See US, Ukraine, Turkey as Top 3 Enemies

http://www.voanews.com/content/russia-levada-poll-us-ukraine-turkey/3360581.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1888
Total: 1899

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM