It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Advice and guidance sought for a possible meeting with a lady  (Read 3160 times)

Offline sdgill58

Hello Everybody
I just need some feedback and advice on a question here . I am currently in contact with a Lady from Belarus for approx 2/3 months now and would soon like to meet up with her .I have suggested paying for her to visit me in the UK ,but she questioned this stating that it might incur problems with her passport. The lady explained that she had a Visa for mainly Baltic states and other areas . She told me that this particular Visa was in the last few pages of her passport and that if she where to obtain a new passport to get a Visa to travel to England , that she would not be able to easily transfer her old useful Visa for the Baltic states. As a comprimise  so that i would not have to spend time applying for a Visa for Belarus , she suggested that we meet up for a long weekend in Vilnius in Lithuania . The logic for this was that there was a direct rail link from Minsk to Vilnius , I would be booking into a hotel that i have arranged myself . Then once she knows about the details of this, she would arrange for herself to stay in accomdation near to where i am staying.Does this sound like a genuine suggestion , or  possibly a risky situation. ?

Offline Kunstkammer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Advice and guidance sought for a possible meeting with a lady
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:12 PM »
Sounds normal, she has a Schengen visa that is still open, probably has had several.  You won't need a visa, she has one.
По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
Correct, i met my GF from Minsk in Vilnius.
As you live in UK, really it's easy.
About hotel, what is this crazy idea to want to book an  hotel ????
Really, there are absolutely amazing appartements in Vilnius, and not very expansive.
Choice two or three, send the internet links to your lady, asking her "which one do you prefer, if it's free i rent it" so she can validate it. Of course choice a big one with TWO SEPARATED bedrooms.
Choice one in dowtown, it's the more interesting location.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
SDG58, why don't you want to go to Minsk?

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Daveman

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
Sounds like an interesting and fun trip for a first meeting.

Why would she have to get a new passport for a UK Visa?  That part is a little puzzling, but the rest sounds like a blast for the weekend.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Sounds like an interesting and fun trip for a first meeting.

Why would she have to get a new passport for a UK Visa?  That part is a little puzzling, but the rest sounds like a blast for the weekend.

Not really alarming. Some countries will not issue a visa in a passport without "x" number of empty pages (varies by country) or her passport could be close to expiration and to get a new one she would have to forgo her already obtained Schengen. Many countries won't issue a visa to a passport expiring in less than 6 months

Offline HiTech

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
I am fairly sure you can get pages added to a passport.
If you like aviation check out http://www.flyaceshigh.com

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »
I am fairly sure you can get pages added to a passport.

For USA Passport . . . yes, as I have done it.

But not sure about any other country.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline acctBill

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Hello Everybody
I just need some feedback and advice on a question here . I am currently in contact with a Lady from Belarus for approx 2/3 months now and would soon like to meet up with her .I have suggested paying for her to visit me in the UK ,but she questioned this stating that it might incur problems with her passport. The lady explained that she had a Visa for mainly Baltic states and other areas . She told me that this particular Visa was in the last few pages of her passport and that if she where to obtain a new passport to get a Visa to travel to England , that she would not be able to easily transfer her old useful Visa for the Baltic states. As a comprimise  so that i would not have to spend time applying for a Visa for Belarus , she suggested that we meet up for a long weekend in Vilnius in Lithuania . The logic for this was that there was a direct rail link from Minsk to Vilnius , I would be booking into a hotel that i have arranged myself . Then once she knows about the details of this, she would arrange for herself to stay in accomdation near to where i am staying.Does this sound like a genuine suggestion , or  possibly a risky situation. ?

sdgill58 I'm not familiar with the procedures for renewing passports in Belarus however in many countries a passport is cancelled by clipping the corners of the passport, then the cancelled passport is returned to its owner. Your Belarusian g/f might be able to keep her old Belarusian passport and use it with her newly issued Belarusian passport.  When travelling in a Schengen visa country, she would simply present her old passport with the Schengen visa along with her new passport.  I've seen this done in a number of Schengen visa countries, especially Spain, Italy and France.  Sorry don't know if it's acceptable in the Baltic countries.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541326
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701