It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartment in Kyiv  (Read 34707 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2019, 09:43:36 AM »

I've never had a woman who objected being called girl by me.TThis includes Slavic women. Where is the offence? I.dont see it anywhere  :)

Try reading your sentence ...

The woman bit was a clue ...

Ironically, Q for Boethius - what does "Девочка" mean ... Girl or Young lady ;)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »
Oxford Dictionary - girl -
1.  A female child
2.  A relatively young woman

I'm not trying to be difficult, but of course women don't say anything.  The fact you don't cue in on why is rather telling. 

Yes, moby, but it's jokey/flirty.  In serious conversations with women,  you would not use devochka.

This post was composed with the aid of google for dictionary definitions.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Franco Rey

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2019, 09:52:12 AM »
Try reading your sentence ...

The woman bit was a clue ...

Ironically, Q for Boethius - what does "Девочка" mean ... Girl or Young lady ;)

Nope.. In my world, interchangeable terms. So, I've never had a girl who objected being called woman by me , either  :D

And to show that this is a bit of nonsense, try recalling the names of countless pop songs... Girl.. My Girl... Another Girl... The Girl that I Loved... I'm Your Girl (sung by a female singer!)... What are you going to do, demand that the titles of the songs be changed to "individual who identifies as female? Oh God   :D :cluebat:  :D
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »
Pop songs are written for teens.  When was the last time you heard one that extolled the virtues of marriage and family? 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2019, 09:56:56 AM »
Oxford Dictionary - girl -
1.  A female child
2.  A relatively young woman

I'm not trying to be difficult, but of course women don't say anything.  The fact you don't cue in on why is rather telling. 

Yes, moby, but it's jokey/flirty.  In serious conversations with women,  you would not use devochka.

This post was composed with the aid of google for dictionary definitions.

I.said why... They don't say anything because they like it. And they clearly show me that they like it... So, I will keep pleasing them. Regardless of what the dictionary says, in this case. Wait! Other dictionaries say: "A term of endearment directed to a beloved woman"... See? Simple.

And yes  you're trying to be difficult. I don't mind  though. Pop songs are enjoyed by people of all ages  not just teenagers, that's more nonsense.

And I have to work. Matter explained clearly. But you can argue more if you so wish, but this is seriously off topic)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:07:14 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2019, 10:10:33 AM »
Pop songs are written for teens.  When was the last time you heard one that extolled the virtues of marriage and family? 

my girl is 37 years old, and the first time she heard me refer to her as "my girl" she smiled like a kid in a toystore who is told he could buy everything he wanted.

She is if I would describe her in "grown up terms", a real woman, a sophisticated, amazingly beautiful lady. She now owns her own business, she has held a number of high position jobs in banks and insurance companies and rubbed shoulders with the "elite" in Kyiv over the years.

Still when I introduced her to my friends and family as "my girl" she loved it, and still does.

I am however is referred as the swedish slob who stole her heart..  ;D
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2019, 10:14:23 AM »
my girl is 37 years old, and the first time she heard me refer to her as "my girl" she smiled like a kid in a toystore who is told he could buy everything he wanted.

She is if I would describe her in "grown up terms", a real woman, a sophisticated, amazingly beautiful lady. She now owns her own business, she has held a number of high position jobs in banks and insurance companies and rubbed shoulders with the "elite" in Kyiv over the years.

Still when I introduced her to my friends and family as "my girl" she loved it, and still does.

Ok one more... damn this site is addictive. Yes, they love it. Instinctively , they can feel the emotional warmth behind the words  so they react accordingly, as the females they are. They are wired to like affectionate words.

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »
Sorry, but once again.. this is highly subjective.

SC calls me 'My boy' and I am not a fan

In English I refer to ladies - 'Girls' are what my daughters' were before achieving majority ...

Now they are young women

To each their own style ?

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »
Instinctively , they can feel the emotional warmth behind the words  so they react accordingly, as the females they are. They are wired to like affectionate words.

Yes, yes, those emotional women. They all think alike, and react solely on instinct, in contrast to the superior male mind. :rolleyes:

You missed the point.  I am not referring to a particular relationship.  I am referring to a generic term applied universally.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:35:15 AM by Boethius »

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »
Sorry, but once again.. this is highly subjective.

SC calls me 'My boy' and I am not a fan

In English I refer to ladies - 'Girls' are what my daughters' were before achieving majority ...

Now they are young women

To each their own style ?

Of course. That's how I treat them. But it doesn't  mean you have to do as I, if you.don't like it

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »
Yes, yes, those emotional women. They all think alike, and react solely on instinct, in contrast to the superior male mind. :rolleyes:

You missed the point.  I am not referring to a particular relationship.  I am referring to a generic term applied universally.

And me, I refer to my particular relationships with them. But I've been accused of applying the term universally, at times. And the feminists tend to feel furious lol  :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:33:36 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
I see.  So you use the term primarily to annoy "feminists".  How would you feel about being referred to as a boy in short pants? After all, if FSUW are the epitome of femininity, FSUM are the epitome of masculinity, surely more so than WM.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:54:57 AM by Boethius »

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »
It's not just feminists.  How would you feel about being referred to as a boy in short pants?

After all, if FSUW are the epitome of femininity, FSUM are the epitome of masculinity, surely more so than WM.

Mm...Not sure about that. According to my many female friends and even girlfriends in vk, Russian men are a lousy lot of immature grown up children. As they told me, not all, but very many.

To.your question,  I'd feel very amused. Certainly not offended.

And about the universal term "girlfriend'... Should we demand that Websters  Oxfird  and all the dictionaries  changed the term for womanfriend? Femalefriend? I'll call my womanfriend now... don't know, it sounds really weird... and a bit ridiculous  :cluebat:  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:01:24 PM by Franco Rey »

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »
I lived among FSUM.  They are not grown children.  They are more gallant than WM, without a doubt. Their culture is super macho.

Why would you believe what FSUW tell you?  Don't you think you are being manipulated?

I lived in the culture.  I visit the culture annually.  I  have visitors from the culture in my home most years.  What you are told is not the reality, in my experience.  Of course, you as a WM, will be told that.  FSU individuals lie to Westerners frequently, in fact, mostly. 

I've come to the conclusion that even addictions are not particularly different there and in the West, it's just that in the FSU, it is out in the open, whereas in the West, it's hidden, and there, it is predominantly alcohol, whereas here, drugs lead the way.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:48 PM »
I see.  So you use the term primarily to annoy "feminists".  How would you feel about being referred to as a boy in short pants? After all, if FSUW are the epitome of femininity, FSUM are the epitome of masculinity, surely more so than WM.

Nope. Primarily, I use the term to make my girls feel happy. Secondarily, yes I use it to annoy feminists and other politically correct people.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »
Nope. Primarily, I use the term to make my girls feel happy. Secondarily, yes I use it to annoy feminists and other politically correct people.

Ok brace yourself, a gunfight may well be about to ensue :o Time to hide!!!
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
I lived among FSUM.  They are not grown children.  They are more gallant than WM, without a doubt. Their culture is super macho.

Why would you believe what FSUW tell you?  Don't you think you are being manipulated?

I lived in the culture.  I visit the culture annually.  I  have visitors from the culture in my home most years.  What you are told is not the reality, in my experience.  Of course, you as a WM, will be told that.  FSU individuals lie to Westerners frequently, in fact, mostly. 

I've come to the conclusion that even addictions are not particularly different there and in the West, it's just that in the FSU, it is out in the open, whereas in the West, it's hidden, and there, it is predominantly alcohol, whereas here, drugs lead the way.

Yes, they maybe didn't tell the truth.

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »

OK, then how about I annoy politically correct people and suggestcall you are looking for "more bang for your buck" in a poor country?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:11:29 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »

Yep and there the bullets start flying! Me I'm staying out of this one :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:12:14 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 12:25:48 PM »
Untrue. I'm looking for a wife. Sex is not a motivation for a trip. That's an outrageous false accusation. So yes, you are one of them  PCHL... politically correct hypocrites and liars
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:12:41 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 12:31:14 PM »
Says the Canadian married to someone from FSU....     :cheesy:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:13:09 PM by AnonMod »
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 12:35:11 PM »
Says the Canadian married to someone from FSU....     :cheesy:

Oh wow..I see... well,  a glimpse of true colors, perhaps? And hatred... I sense hatred.

Offline rwd123

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 12:36:01 PM »
I read your posts at the same time as reading your status:

Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Trips: None (yet)

You have practically no experience with the culture and never been there. You will be a sheep among wolves with your fanciful generalizations. The culture is different but it cuts both ways - it's not a place for the naive or rose-colored glasses. The fact that you are seeking guidance on whether to use an agency for an apartment is not a good sign.

msmob - I've only ever heard the term "девочка" for a child, never a woman. The term "девушка" is more appropriate.

Offline rwd123

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »
Oh wow..I see... well,  a glimpse of true colors, perhaps? And hatred... I sense hatred.
No, you just don't get the joke... which was funny.  :)

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2019, 12:40:04 PM »
RWD !

You are so right ..

"девушка"

Duh...a howler on my part !

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM