It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip a partial disaster  (Read 15459 times)

Offline PeeWee

First trip a partial disaster
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 04:02:58 AM »
Quote from: Bruno
I think it was Bill Gates who set the mark for technology and innovation. His income exceeds that of many many countries.

PeeWee
[/quote]
I have never think that income was a sign of technology... usualy, for make research, you spend a lot of money... Bill Gates is very good in marketing and for protect his product...

The only innovation from Microsoft is that they correct more fast the hole in her instabel system named Windows XP... almost 10 patch in the last 5 day... and today, a ptach for the patch of yesterday...

Now, take example of technology who generate no money... Linux have a system version from 64 bits since the begin of 64 desktop processor ( Athlon 64 or Intel EMT 64 )... where is the version 64 bits from windows XP always promise and reported...

Bill Gates is a shark, a business man... nothing to make with technology and inovation... bad example...

How much people who make research in USA are from US origine... each year, American society are waiting our best new searcher at university... if they seem to be on the way of a good finding, they buy him with a big contract...

By example, the base of the space technology, both in USA and Russia is coming from German research during the WW2... Now, USA and Europe society are taking all the russian searcher at very low price... russian goverment have not enough money for pay local searcher and research... Here, in Belgium, we make the same with African people... we sponsor the best of them in University study and we keep the best of them in exchange of good income and better life... Germany make the same with indian programmer...

Really, we are not in the top country about innovation... but we are the best business people...

[/quote]
Bruno, Gates did what? What is Microsoft? You completely discount that. Gates has had in impact of global enonomy because of his Mirosoft and the Internet. He has had as much impact on techology and innovation as Henry Ford has or Alexander Graham Bell. Other than waffles what technology has come to us from Belgium?

PeeWee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 04:05:13 AM »
Quote from: Shadow
I had read that the FSU woman were the most educated women on the planet. 98% literate. We cannot claim 98% literacy here in the US. I will agree that there are beautiful women everywhere but when it comes to education I have to go with the 98% literacy statistic. To add to that there are more bilingual and trilingual women in the FSU than the US. Another sign of a better educated woman? And why is it that when the average Russian child relocates into an American school that they seem to excell? Better educational foundation? More motiivation? More desire to learn? I don't know why.

PeeWee
PeeWee does the report say which languages they are speaking ? As you might know Russia has 176 nationalities, most have their own language and share Russian as common language. Not difficult to be bilingual in such a case.[/quote]
The point is not whether it is difficult or not but that it does occur. Who cares what language mix? The literacy statistic was the basis of the thought and not whether or not they are biligual.

PeeWee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 04:07:17 AM »
I had read that the FSU woman were the most educated women on the planet. 98% literate. We cannot claim 98% literacy here in the US. I will agree that there are beautiful women everywhere but when it comes to education I have to go with the 98% literacy statistic.
Statistic about Literacy for woman : http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/edu_lit_fem&int=-1

11 :  Ukraine 99.6%

13 : Russia 99.5%

47 : USA 97%
[/quote]
Almost 100%. That is amazing. There apparently 10 other countries that rank higher than 99.6%. Why is the US way down at 47 on the list?

PeeWee

Offline Bruno

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 04:22:51 AM »
Quote from: PeeWee
Robert Cailliau (b. 26 January 1947) is one of the co-developers of the World Wide Web.

Cailliau was born in Tongeren, Belgium. In 1958 he moved with his parents to Antwerp. After secondary school he graduated from Ghent University in 1969 as civil engineer in electrical and mechanical engineering (Burgerlijk Werktuigkundig en Elektrotechnisch ingenieur). He also has an MSc from the of University of Michigan in Computer, Information and Control Engineering, 1971.

In December 1974 he started working at CERN as a Fellow in the Proton Synchrotron (PS) division, working on the control system of the accelerator. In April 1987 he left the PS division to become group leader of Office Computing Systems in the Data Handling division. In 1989, he and Tim Berners-Lee independently proposed a hypertext system for access to the CERN documentation. This led to a common proposal in 1990 and then to the World Wide Web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cailliau

So, PeeWee, your Bill Gate have not invent the internet... Thank to a UK man and a Belgium one, you are able to post on these forum and use internet... It is more that the waffles and beer who come from Belgium :P:P:P

Again a history lesson...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:25:00 AM by Bruno »

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 04:33:19 AM »
Did I claim anywhere that Bill Gates invented the Internet? He is the owner of Microsoft and what does any of this have to do with locating and mating with RW? Other than the Internet has made this process much easier to accomplish. One more thing. Research...find for me the total dollars, in millions, that is donated by Bill Gates on an annual basis toward research. Stem cell, AIDS, etc. Money generated by Microsoft technology and innovation in part directed toward research. The guy in Belgium who invented the Internet has done what with his development?

PeeWee

Offline Bruno

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2005, 05:37:31 AM »
Did I claim anywhere that Bill Gates invented the Internet? He is the owner of Microsoft and what does any of this have to do with locating and mating with RW? Other than the Internet has made this process much easier to accomplish. One more thing. Research...find for me the total dollars, in millions, that is donated by Bill Gates on an annual basis toward research. Stem cell, AIDS, etc. Money generated by Microsoft technology and innovation in part directed toward research. The guy in Belgium who invented the Internet has done what with his development?

PeeWee

You was the first to speek about Bill Gate... and clain that Belgium have invent nothing, no technologie...

Yep, you go off topic and i reply you... and you accuse me...

Now, about your question, Internet is free for everybody... the two guys have make this for the communauty... Your Bill Gate give money for some research but it is a little % from what he take in his wallet, he keep the big part for him... ifhe have invent internet, you was busy to pay for each packet that you send on the internet... you will be using a lot of $$$ each month but will be happy because you receive a lolly from Microsof...

Now remember your first post about this : "I think it was Bill Gates who set the mark for technology and innovation. His income exceeds that of many many countries."

You speak of Bill Gate, about technology and money... if you don't wish that someone reply to your own words, don't post...

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2005, 06:29:09 AM »
C'mon... Everyone knows that Al Gore invented the Internet!  :D

But seriously, the 'Internet' has been around much longer than WWW and HTML have been around (they are relative newcomers).  The Internet is actually the network backbone that was developed by the US DOD (Dept of Defense) several decades ago as an unsecured network to collaborate with several engineering universities and think tanks across the US (Stanford, RIT, RPI, JPL, etc.).  You need to go back to the Usenet and FTP servers to find the Internet's roots.

It is only in the past 10 years that it has developed such a wide spread usage (with the WWW making it usable as an appliance) and it's move to private networks.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2005, 09:05:38 AM »

PeeWee
You was the first to speek about Bill Gate... and clain that Belgium have invent nothing, no technologie...

Yep, you go off topic and i reply you... and you accuse me...

Now, about your question, Internet is free for everybody... the two guys have make this for the communauty... Your Bill Gate give money for some research but it is a little % from what he take in his wallet, he keep the big part for him... ifhe have invent internet, you was busy to pay for each packet that you send on the internet... you will be using a lot of $$$ each month but will be happy because you receive a lolly from Microsof...

Now remember your first post about this : "I think it was Bill Gates who set the mark for technology and innovation. His income exceeds that of many many countries."

You speak of Bill Gate, about technology and money... if you don't wish that someone reply to your own words, don't post...

[/quote]
What difference does it make what he gave, he gave it. Millions more than you have or even the entire country of Belgium has give to charity. What is your problem with Bill Gates anyway? He is a great man by anyone's standard.

PeeWee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2005, 09:07:30 AM »
Back to the thread, first trip a partial disaster. This theard is becoming a partial disaster.

PeeWee

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2005, 09:22:03 AM »
What difference does it make what he gave, he gave it. Millions more than you have or even the entire country of Belgium has give to charity. What is your problem with Bill Gates anyway? He is a great man by anyone's standard.

PeeWee

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/dis_tsu_fun_ple_cap 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Charity is not technical research, but Belgium is just ahead in spending pro capita with the Tsunami disaster. Check out Netherlands at nr 5 :)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Yes, lets get back from full disaster to partial ones.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 09:27:32 AM »
Quote from: Shadow

PeeWee
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/dis_tsu_fun_ple_cap 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Charity is not technical research, but Belgium is just ahead in spending pro capita with the Tsunami disaster. Check out Netherlands at nr 5 :)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Yes, lets get back from full disaster to partial ones.
[/quote]
And was not the US embarrased by the abount they gave by comparison to other countries? I wonder how things are shaping up over there? We don't hear much about it these days.

PeeWee

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »
Actually the internet originated long before...  I think the first real data network was created when folks started sending morse signals down a copper wire.

Dammit.. where's the mod when you need him.. LOL
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:40:00 AM by BC »

Offline itstime

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 12:08:23 PM »
Quote from: BC
Actually the internet originated long before... I think the first real data network was created when folks started sending morse signals down a copper wire.

There was a program on TV in the UK last year about "the Victorian Internet" and it described how the laying of international telegraph cables to connect Britain with her colonies (and former colonies) created great changes in society. Of course, all messages had to be sent by trained telegraph operators. And these operators were not busy every minute of their shift, so they used to chat over the wires during free time. The operators were male and female. And yes, many romances began on this Victorian Internet!!!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 12:15:58 PM »
itstime,

My dad used to tell me "Learn something every day."

interesting.. thanks.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
I've awoke another sleeping thread for opinions and comments

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:31:07 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: First trip a partial disaster
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »
Disasters can at least provide a learning experience.

But more efficient to learn from the disasters of others, and adjust accordingly.

I never had a disastrous trip to FSU.

Yes, I did have a few disastrous meetings with individual FSU gals.

But on a WMVM trip; you just move on quickly to the next gal.

Interestingly, some of my most disastrous meetings were with gals who were rated pre-arrival by me as number 1 or 2 on my list of 12-15 gals.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
Interestingly, some of my most disastrous meetings were with gals who
were rated pre-arrival by me as number 1 or 2 on my list of 12-15 gals.

I'm sure it's difficult to recall back in the olden days, but how often
was the number 1 or 2 girl the hottest?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »
Im a little bit jealous of all you guys that had time to take so many trips to meet girls, sounds fun.  In my case, it was like pulling teeth to get my boss to let me go for two weeks. The unwritten rule was, he didnt want me a away for more than a week at a time.

However in the early 90s, girls had to pay money to be part of this agency. In return they received English lessons, and learned what an American man wanted.  That fee weeded out the fakes. I was originally going to meet many, but in the first 5 days I found 3 that were definitely marriage material. Rather than meet more, I spent my time with those three.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
I'm sure it's difficult to recall back in the olden days, but how often
was the number 1 or 2 girl the hottest?

Very few of my gals aged 35-50 would qualify as hot.

But a fair number of my 1 or 2 gals stayed in those positions during my visits.

The very few I met that might qualify as hot, knew it and acted accordingly.
Some even told me that they were extremely special.
I didn't follow up with those gals, after that particular trip was over.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM