It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 477169 times)

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #1000 on: April 09, 2018, 08:01:35 AM »
The funny thing is Trench isn't even trying to being a troll.  He's just like that.  So it's pure unintentional comedy.  Well it's his life so he can do what he wants.

So if Trench doesn't follow everyone's advice he must be trolling??
Following others advice is not mandatory. 
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1001 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »

troll:
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

That's Trench to a tee and this board is hooked!! It's kind of funny and sad those here that try to have a conversation/advise/correct anything Trench says.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1002 on: April 09, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
Guys all I have been trying to do here if find out about FSU dating. Some of the questions and statements may have been a bit wayward I will grant you that, but without asking or trying to work it out/give you my interpretation of it how am I or anyone starting this search supposed to know.

I think it is fair to say that during all of this a fair bit has been learn't by many that we didn't know before. What about cultural differences? Some guys keep banging away on this venture for years not learning that they keep hitting cultural differences that can set a previously loving couple against each other with both reacting and neither knowing why.

Some people are like 'hey you just go off and contact a load of women and voila' but this is kind of ignoring any stuff that may help you out a ton on this venture. On this board I think we should be aiming to help members & viewers increase their chances of a successful relationship with a FSW. I think we are now getting a better understanding of the ins & outs of it all to what we had back in the day from the likes of 2tallbill & billyb who have really been through it out there over the years. I kind of get the feeling that in the past a lot of relationships went south that could have gone the distance because of the lack of understanding out there.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Steamer

« Reply #1003 on: April 09, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »

That's Trench to a tee and this board is hooked!! It's kind of funny and sad those here that try to have a conversation/advise/correct anything Trench says.

If it bothers you then stop doing it.
Most of this forum is guys kicking around strategies and experiences to find out what works best for themselves. Good and bad plans can all be instructional. The conclusion of Trenches story will tell you how far off he is, not the journey.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1004 on: April 09, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »
Guys all I have been trying to do here if find out about FSU dating.

Some people are like 'hey you just go off and contact a load of women and voila' but this is kind of ignoring any stuff that may help you out a ton on this venture.

Trench, it ain't that hard dude.  You are making it seem like culture plays a big part.  It doesn't.  I knew zero Russian, never met, talked or dated a Russian for my entire life until I got my first job in Russia and went over there a few years back.

Now I got many good Russian friends and life experience in Russia.   

You need to figure out now to deal with people in general, show some intelligence and humor.  If how you write here is an indication of how you write to women then I can tell what their reaction will be.

You going on another 1 or 2 week trip will mostly likely end up crashing and burning as usual.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:46:40 AM by Sting23 »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1005 on: April 09, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »

As I said it's his life, he can do what he wants.  But it's pretty clear he hasn't had any success whatsoever doing it his way.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1006 on: April 09, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
That one comes up so often, its not as easy as you think. Many of us have work commitments, then there is the cost. Each trip I estimate costs about £1k for a week - travel to & from airports, flight, hotel/apartment, car parking, travel money, eating out/buying food, entertainment if you wish, etc. A long weekend is almost pointless once travel time including to & from airport is taken off. To make a real good run off it the longer out there the better but that takes time to plan and money & time to hand. Also, while you could do it in the winter to be honest it is usually just unpleasant to be there in cold weather. That and as we have seen this winter the UK can grind to a halt when bad weather hits us. The summer the women are out in force in the streets with their goods laid bare, prime time for us there then :D

More Trench BS

Your costings do not reflect a typical planned trip from S.England to Kyiv, incl. flt, accommodation, food, etc.,

I used to do long weekends from Cyprus

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1007 on: April 09, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
Your costings do not reflect a typical planned trip from S.England to Kyiv, incl. flt, accommodation, food, etc.,

Disagree ... it all depends upon his departure airport and the airline fare. Kyiv tickets are more expensive this year on KLM, and a much cheaper option now is via Warsaw. Trenchcoat should break down his costs to show us how he has arrived at £1,000. I would estimate at least £750 for a week long trip, as everything is more expensive in Kyiv.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1008 on: April 09, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
Disagree ... it all depends upon his departure airport and the airline fare. Kyiv tickets are more expensive this year on KLM, and a much cheaper option now is via Warsaw. Trenchcoat should break down his costs to show us how he has arrived at £1,000. I would estimate at least £750 for a week long trip, as everything is more expensive in Kyiv.

Blighty

I checked before posting

I can fly to Kyiv for less than £100, find a decent genius level booking.com apt for less than £230 ...in June..

Now, unless you are budgeting on spending £100 A day...

Perhaps this is where Trench is going wrong...giving the wrong impression...

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1009 on: April 10, 2018, 02:57:59 AM »
@msmob
Trenchcoat's £1K costings covered "travel to & from airports, flight, hotel/apartment, car parking, travel money, eating out/buying food, entertainment". Petrol and car parking at Luton Airport would raise his flight cost to about £250.

My wife describes Kyiv as "the place where foreigners get scammed", and so he may be over-paying for accommodation (at £300) and eating out/buying food/entertainment (at £200). Hence my ballpark figure of £750 for him.

He could have a budget of £250 to impress his latest woman with taxis, clothes, expensive restaurants, etc. It all depends on how he markets himself to the ladies! My wife and I are frugal by using the Kyiv metro (5 uah per journey), and only eating out once or twice a week.

Only Trenchcoat can answer this question for us.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1010 on: April 10, 2018, 03:49:43 AM »
Well I usually fly from either Gatwick or Heathrow as nearer my direction. Airport parking is about  £60, plus another £30 for petrol & £10 for eats/drunks on the way/at the airport - so £100 there. Flight to Kiev & hotel/apartment I usually get all in as slightly cheaper that way so about £400 for a week there with flights. The rest £300-500 approx for spending money while I'm there. It depends what you do, I could walk around seeing low cost attractions like cathedrals & sights for a few hgrivna or I could go to a decent nightclub etc that are usually more expensive. Using taxis all week can add up even at the cheaper prebooked rate. For some reason the two girls I have been with there just seemed to want to go the taxi route. Eating out seems to vary, first time was pretty cheap second time more expensive I think because of change/inflation in the economy. I never went to any really posh restaurants though just decent looking ones, the usual stuff. Then of course ant souvenirs for myself and those back home, cheaper stuff can be found by looking around by usually it costs a bit wherever.

If I was going there strictly on a mission to meet girls, particularly on a meet many and stripped down to just the essentials then I could probably do it all in for about £600-700 but whether I might be going too tight to enjoy the place is another matter.

If I'm with a girl I'm also going to be paying for her on visits & restaurants, I would still be paying for her on visit many for a drink or whatever at a cafe/restaurant but this is likely to be less expensive.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:39:57 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1011 on: April 10, 2018, 04:07:36 AM »
@msmob
Trenchcoat's £1K costings covered "travel to & from airports, flight, hotel/apartment, car parking, travel money, eating out/buying food, entertainment". Petrol and car parking at Luton Airport would raise his flight cost to about £250.

My wife describes Kyiv as "the place where foreigners get scammed", and so he may be over-paying for accommodation (at £300) and eating out/buying food/entertainment (at £200). Hence my ballpark figure of £750 for him.

He could have a budget of £250 to impress his latest woman with taxis, clothes, expensive restaurants, etc. It all depends on how he markets himself to the ladies! My wife and I are frugal by using the Kyiv metro (5 uah per journey), and only eating out once or twice a week.

Only Trenchcoat can answer this question for us.

..and yet we have both tried?))

I am quite aware of his costs to and from the airport and one can get great deals if booking ahead.

As usual, Trench posts as if these costs are holding him back...and exaggerates

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1012 on: April 10, 2018, 04:47:00 AM »
..and yet we have both tried?))

I am quite aware of his costs to and from the airport and one can get great deals if booking ahead.

These costs are not holding me back, the question was 'because I live in UK which is nearer to Ukraine (than US, AUS, etc) then I could do this every weekend/frequent basis. I could do this more frequently yes, but I would have cr*p all in the bank if I did that. I am looking to go more in future but I also have work commitments at the moment in this country. The point of highlighting the near £1k for a week is that it is a cost that could mount up if doing it repeatedly. I know there are some guys on here that are immensely rich but we are all in a different circumstance. There are only so many filthy rich guys in the world, the rest of us are everyday guys with real life commitments and expenses. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1013 on: April 10, 2018, 05:14:29 AM »
The point of highlighting the near £1k for a week is that it is a cost that could mount up if doing it repeatedly.

Trench, your 'costs' are bogus and this is not an enterprise for poor folk.

For those drawing salaries and needing to book holidays ..this venture is nigh on impossible ..unless you are a great salesman and hit your target by week 2

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1014 on: April 10, 2018, 05:49:09 AM »
Trench, your 'costs' are bogus and this is not an enterprise for poor folk.

For those drawing salaries and needing to book holidays ..this venture is nigh on impossible ..unless you are a great salesman and hit your target by week 2

For once I think you are right Mobers, near impossible perhaps not but at least very difficult on a salary/holiday basis. It means you have to have a real good connection with a girl and build upon it within a short space of time, that can be a tall ask. After that you have to keep the relationship going as a long distance relationship when you get back home, oh and work, etc also. Long distance relationships can be a stress and require a fair amount of time input to keep going.

I'm not sure if it would work but faced with such a situation again I think I might either do a few short messages a night or say to girl to send a weekly message or two till we meet up again. Chatting to a girl who's English is good on Skype is fine but to a girl without good English I think I might say we won't Skype till we meet again as it can be just damn awkward and stressful trying to keep a conversion going on Skype with someone without good English, in person far less so I find.

Its generally why I wish to move to a situation where I have independent income as doing a 7 day'er or even a two week venture is often not really enough, many people have done it but its not an easy way to do it I think. 

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1015 on: April 10, 2018, 06:23:32 AM »

I could go to a decent nightclub etc that are usually more expensive.

Using taxis all week can add up even at the cheaper prebooked rate. For some reason the two girls I have been with there just seemed to want to go the taxi route.

If I was going there strictly on a mission to meet girls
, particularly on a meet many and stripped down to just the essentials then I could probably do it all in for about £600-700 but whether I might be going too tight to enjoy the place is another matter.

If I'm with a girl I'm also going to be paying for her on visits & restaurants

Are you really seeking a life partner, or is it just a holiday adventure with clubbing?

Why do these women believe you have loadsamoney?

Tell them that you only use the Underground in London, and so will only use the Kyiv Metro! Don't allow them to dictate to you, as you are setting a precedent for the future.

All women are a potential Imelda Marcos in my opinion, and so manage their expectations! My wife enjoys window shopping with clothes, shoes, etc. but realises that we do not have loadsamoney. It is just common sense, and part of relationship building.

Put you profile on dmnotify.com, and complete the personality questions in your profile, and see who contacts you. You will need to recognise the genuine women from the gold-diggers. You must have experience of women chatting you up in the UK. Remember it is the 21st Century with free-thinking women, and you could be their match!

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1016 on: April 10, 2018, 06:42:26 AM »

I understand where you are coming from on this subject.

He has now raised the subject of English level, which is just another excuse. My wife's English level is 'fair' but our chemistry overcomes that potential problem. She spends a few hours every day on her English with my help in order to improve her spoken English. Such problems can be easily overcome with the right attitude from both partners!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1017 on: April 10, 2018, 07:54:58 AM »
Are you really seeking a life partner, or is it just a holiday adventure with clubbing?

Why do these women believe you have loadsamoney?

Tell them that you only use the Underground in London, and so will only use the Kyiv Metro! Don't allow them to dictate to you, as you are setting a precedent for the future.

All women are a potential Imelda Marcos in my opinion, and so manage their expectations! My wife enjoys window shopping with clothes, shoes, etc. but realises that we do not have loadsamoney. It is just common sense, and part of relationship building.

Put you profile on dmnotify.com, and complete the personality questions in your profile, and see who contacts you. You will need to recognise the genuine women from the gold-diggers. You must have experience of women chatting you up in the UK. Remember it is the 21st Century with free-thinking women, and you could be their match!

Honestly the first few times out there I didn't really know what to expect. Taxis were used because they were cheaper than in the UK and for convience, say something started at a particular time so to get it all in on a day or particularly on longer trips or the odd place towards the city limits it did not reach. You are right of course, I should have grounded the relationship on good footings early on by going on the tube, bus/tram, etc - I will certainly follow your advice by doing this in future. I think the first few times I was just eager to get out there and get stuff happening that I didn't want to mess things up. Now I know that by not keeping control of what is happening I messed things up. I think you are right potentially all women may go wrong if you handle them bad and they become accustomed to certain ways.

I did not deliberately put up anything that was leading the girl to think I had loads of money but there might have been one or two things where she might have read into it that I might have a lot of money. This I have now corrected and by being more aware I should be in better stead this time.

So this time I know about the scene in Ukraine so no need to do the holidaying thing. I enjoyed myself with it but it did not deliver as hoped on the relationship front. Without habing a real life experience to go with though there's not a lot to go on. This time I will be focusing on trying to find the right girl to have a relationship with.

I'm essence the moral of the story is even if your richer beyond your wildest dreams set off on a good foot by getting the girl accustomed to living by modest (but not uncomfortable/poor) means.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:07:31 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

« Reply #1018 on: April 10, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »
For once I think you are right Mobers,

Well, then you have only just opened your eyes....!  Save cyberspace and revisit the advice you've been given in the past....it will save you money.

I'll bet that gets your attention.))

Offline Jumper

« Reply #1019 on: April 11, 2018, 12:15:04 AM »
TC, a normal intelligent adult woman will
understand how to manage life on normal means.They also can ascertain your means fairly well without your input. It also won't be nearly as important as actual love forvyou developes.
Thats the bit that's something you  can't over think,manage, or control,you just have to meet adult women until it happens.
 (Its why viber is your friend to save you money, but you dont have time to save money)
Anyway 90% of your many  concerns are alleviated if you just meet adult established intelligent women.

Frankly,sorry, I don't think you've managed to date one yet,nor even tried to.

Over thinking everything, all the while being easily distracted by young fashonistas, is not a great method.
A common one,but seldom good long term.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1020 on: April 11, 2018, 06:36:03 AM »
TC, a normal intelligent adult woman will
understand how to manage life on normal means.They also can ascertain your means fairly well without your input. It also won't be nearly as important as actual love forvyou developes.
Thats the bit that's something you  can't over think,manage, or control,you just have to meet adult women until it happens.
 (Its why viber is your friend to save you money, but you dont have time to save money)
Anyway 90% of your many  concerns are alleviated if you just meet adult established intelligent women.

Frankly,sorry, I don't think you've managed to date one yet,nor even tried to.

Over thinking everything, all the while being easily distracted by young fashonistas, is not a great method.
A common one,but seldom good long term.

I know you are right, I have made this mistake in the past. Its not the glamorous often Photoshopped pics that draw my attention online, I actually prefer the down to earth, everyday photos of women that look attractive but gentle looking. The last girl kind of fitted this bill but she was model/fashionista like and because she contacted me and seemed interested I overlooked the fashionista element that I should have been more discerning over. I've moved on from that and the new women I will be more aware of problems such as those and keep far more on track this time. It is very useful though to really look into what went wrong to not make the same mistakes over again, but now I will be moving onto another attempt and hopefully get it right this time.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1021 on: April 14, 2018, 02:17:12 PM »
Women with kids adds another dimension that I've always regarded I can do without. Having to support kids from the word go & all the issues of them coming over with woman, fathers rights, etc not for me. Mobe I'm guessing is with his partner who's lids are probably already grown up and less of problem. I think it's fine for a guy in his fifties and older but a guy even in his forties probably has plenty of women in their thirties still without kids to chose from. Many get left on the shelf after their mid twenties for younger women while the men their age that are left often alcoholics.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1022 on: April 14, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »
Women with kids adds another dimension that I've always regarded I can do without. Having to support kids from the word go & all the issues of them coming over with woman, fathers rights, etc not for me.

Now there's a surprise ( not)

Haven't you learnt ANY THING about women - let alone FSU women.  Many like a man who can father their kid(s) future or existing.  Your criteria simply cuts down your ( remote - sorry - it's your attitude ) chances

Mobe I'm guessing is with his partner who's lids are probably already grown up and less of problem.

'Problem' is not the adjective I associate with children

I think it's fine for a guy in his fifties and older but a guy even in his forties probably has plenty of women in their thirties still without kids to chose from. Many get left on the shelf after their mid twenties for younger women while the men their age that are left often alcoholics.

Trench, you talk utter hogwash... There are SO many FSU ladies in their late twenties / early thirties that are / were career girls and might appreciate a family orientated guy... You DO know that family can mean just you and her- as a unit in FSU speak ?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:28:36 PM by msmob »

Offline JayH

« Reply #1023 on: April 15, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »
Trench, you talk utter hogwash...

Moby --his insensitive inappropriate comments aimed at you on numerous occasions illustrate what I said about him long ago ( & I note you repeated recently --ie "social misfit") that best describes him . He later attempted to explain away as being "humorous" --  but  it is part of his condescending lack of understanding of so many issues that he keeps on posting his truly stupid theories .
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1024 on: April 15, 2018, 12:48:58 AM »
Moby --his insensitive inappropriate comments aimed at you on numerous occasions illustrate what I said about him long ago ( & I note you repeated recently --ie "social misfit") that best describes him . He later attempted to explain away as being "humorous" --  but  it is part of his condescending lack of understanding of so many issues that he keeps on posting his truly stupid theories .

let Trench do his thang...if he hits 50 and is still single he only has himself to blame for not listening here.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541446
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1666
Total: 1673

+-Recent Posts

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM