It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Suggestions for Visa document translations  (Read 5240 times)

Offline JP5380

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Suggestions for Visa document translations
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I are working on the I-129F application and need some documents translated to submit with our application. I have received some pretty high price quotes from online agencies. So I was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions.  We don't need a lot translated, just a divorce document, some hotel receipts, etc. And the translation is from Ukrainian to English. I appreciate the help.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Suggestions for Visa document translations
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I are working on the I-129F application and need some documents translated to submit with our application. I have received some pretty high price quotes from online agencies. So I was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions.  We don't need a lot translated, just a divorce document, some hotel receipts, etc. And the translation is from Ukrainian to English. I appreciate the help.

Where are you located?
Can you put a $ amount on "high" price?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »
I have received some pretty high price quotes from online agencies. So I was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions.

This is what the I-129F says" Translations.  If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English translation.  The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.  The certification should also include the date, the translator’s signature and printed name, and may contain the translator’s contact information.

It does not say the translation needs to come from an online company or be done in America. Have your fiancée find a legit translator in her country that can supply a certification of the translation. The American Consulate will also have native speaking people to review the documents if necessary for accuracy.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
JP

ask your lady to have all her documents translated in ukraine by a notary there

she will know exactly where to find one close to her
as billy states they will need to translate the documents and also supply a document in english stating they are legally qualified to translate such documents from ukrainian/russian to english usually with their licence no etc stamped on it

i would reccomend she also gets her birth certificate /marriage certificate and any other  docs that may be required done also with the same notary

the price in ukraine using a notary  is significantly cheaper than it might be in the US

example , here in australia in 2009 i was quoted $80 per page/document
in ukraine it was approx $ 6 per page /document with the currency back then

talk with your lady about it and she will be able to do this , usually notary can do it within a week or so,   

SX
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:18:14 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »
JP,
Are you located in Kiev?  We got our docs translated in 24 hours.  The cost was higher than $6 per page, but am sure it is cheaper than online companies.  Also, the notary was very familiar with all  the laws which was a good check to make sure we had all the required docs.  If your in Kiev, I will see if my wife has a record of where the notary is located.  It was within a few buildings of the marriage agency or whatever it is called.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline JP5380

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the information. Those prices sound much better than what I've been quoted. My fiancee is located in Donetsk, but she does go to Kiev every few months.  I will ask her about notaries, but a name might be helpful; thanks calmissle.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »
My fiancee is located in Donetsk,

What does your fiancée say about the life there? Many scammers are out of Donetsk lately. They know many guys are afraid to visit.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JP5380

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »
Hey BillyB, sorry for the slow reply. In general, she says life is bad there.  There's no way around it. But they seem to maintain a relatively normal lifestyle except when the fighting really flares up. We originally met online in 2012 so I knew her long before the war started. I didn't visit her back then because of my own bad decisions (choosing the wrong woman  :wallbash:).  But yes, I have never set foot in Donetsk during our relationship. She says it's not safe for me and I might even be turned away at check points surrounding the city. So all of our meetings have been outside of Donetsk, usually in Russia. Traveling is a huge ordeal for her. The checkpoints leaving and entering the DPR can take hours, if not an entire day.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:27 PM »

She is right that it isn't safe for you in Donetsk. It isn't even safe for the locals. Hopefully things don't get worse before she's allowed to come to America to be with you. Have a backup plan to get her out in case it gets worse.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM