It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Replacing RBG  (Read 30951 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Replacing RBG
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2020, 09:13:00 AM »
Violent protests? Shouting down those they agree with? Attacking people leaving
the convention?

Rioting, murder, destruction of property, civil unrest

The tactics are more than these attacks on law and order.  Even more sinister is not passing  COVID stimulus/relief bills, thus purposefully creating more economic pain among many voters.   Even partial bills are denied by the Dems.   Voters in dire economic straits do not vote for incumbents. 

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2020, 09:35:40 AM »

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2020, 11:44:39 AM »
I predicted it and sure enough it happened.

The word on social media is Amy Coney Barrett may have adopted her two black kids from Haiti illegally and she should be investigated. We'll see if they use that as a stall tactic but if they can prove the kids were adopted illegally, will they make the judge give them up?

She adopted them because she was racist

Amy Coney Barrett is a ‘white colonizer’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8779469/Amy-Coney-Barrett-white-colonizer-adopting-two-black-children-Haiti-professor-says.html

http://nypost.com/2020/09/28/bu-professor-suggests-amy-coney-barrett-is-a-white-colonizer/

Trump Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett faces 'White colonizer'
attacks, other criticism from left, media

http://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-supreme-court-amy-coney-barrett-colonizer-left-media-attacks

Scalia: Dems will use Obamacare as 'red herring' in attacking SCOTUS pick Barrett
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/labor-sec-scalia-dems-will-use-obamacare-as-red-herring-in-attacking-scotus-pick-barrett

Newsweek had to run a correction after incorrectly reporting that Barrett was affiliated
with the same group that inspired "The Handmaid’s Tale," the popular Amazon series
based on the novel by Margaret Atwood depicting a fictional society that forces the few
remaining fertile women into sexual servitude.

How Charismatic Catholic Groups Like Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise Inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'
http://www.newsweek.com/amy-coney-barrett-people-praise-group-inspired-handmaids-tale-1533293

Anti-Catholic attacks on Amy Coney Barrett will help get Trump
re-elected

When the left attacks a conservative Catholic woman in this way, it only affirms
what Trump has been selling to his supporters: that Democrats are out to get them.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/9/23/21452665/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-nominee-anti-catholic-bias

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:32:26 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
I've predicted that the Dem's are going to fight this nomination to the end.
I'm also predicting that the Dem's are going to fight dirty.

Feinstein focus on Barrett’s Catholic faith backfired once, now Biden backers are nervous
http://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Feinstein-focus-on-Amy-Coney-Barrett-s-Catholic-15599868.php

Supreme Court Will Make 'Being a Woman' a Pre-Existing Condition, Nancy Pelosi Says

Pelosi warned Americans that should Trump and Republicans rush Barrett onto the court, seniors will be forced to leave nursing homes; college-age children will be kicked off health insurance plans; and women will be forced to return to a time when simply "being a woman" made it obscenely difficult to receive adequate health services.

"What I am concerned about is anyone that President Trump would have appointed was there to undo the Affordable Care Act. That is why he was in such a hurry, so he could have someone in place for the oral arguments, which begin November 10.

http://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-will-make-being-woman-pre-existing-condition-nancy-pelosi-says-1534495
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:27:15 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2020, 05:45:57 PM »
I predicted it and sure enough it happened.

Failing to notice that your President's actions in rushing through a Conservative, pro-abortion candidate to replace a liberal, abortion allowed, with sensible criteria, candidate, isn't helping at the polls ..

'Trampu' now only 'ahead' in one swing state that he flipped in '16

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/28/us-election-polls-tracker-who-is-leading-in-the-swing-states

Boy, are these head to head debates going to be important..

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2020, 06:42:42 PM »
Where do these idiots find the limits of their decency? I cannot believe the appalling nature of these Democrats and their ilks and followers. Ibram  Kendi said this about Amy Barrett’s adoption of the two Haitian kids she have.

~ "Some White colonizers 'adopted' Black children. They 'civilized' these 'savage' children in the 'superior' ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity," ~

Unbelievable!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
Where do these idiots find the limits of their decency? I cannot believe the appalling nature of these Democrats and their ilks and followers. Ibram  Kendi said this about Amy Barrett’s adoption of the two Haitian kids she have.

~ "Some White colonizers 'adopted' Black children. They 'civilized' these 'savage' children in the 'superior' ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity," ~

Unbelievable!
you are a victim of fake news.  lets see if I can help you with the complete quote:

Kendi wrote “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.” He continued, “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.” He added, “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

Now that the quote is correct, I don't see it as productive to make this sort of statement at this time.   This particular lady doesn't seem to be that bad, so I wouldn't want to see her made out to be a racist when she gets her due grilling. 

This particular commentator Ibram X Kendi isn't of much relevance but his quote will be misused, misquoted, and used as a written screed to mischaracterize the preponderance of people other than conservatives.  I hear his view, and there are parts of it that are sensible yet in the context of this woman they don't appear to apply.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:49 PM »
“I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.”

He said bots are changing his words. What bots? Regardless, his challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' is bad enough. Here is his tweet thread.

http://twitter.com/DrIbram/status/1309918635738173440

Guys like him want to plant a seed in people's heads that white people's intention for adopting kids of another race may not be honorable. Judge Barrett deserves praise. If Dr Ibram doesn't want white people to adopt black people, he should call on blacks to adopt all the black kids. People who have no intention of adopting kids, spending money on them and helping them grow shouldn't be questioning the intentions of those who do adopt kids and sacrifice a lot. We'll see if Democratic Senators stoop to Dr. Ibram's level during the hearings. Looking at the photo attached, I don't see those kids suffering. If they were still living and starving in an orphanage in Haiti, would Dr. Ibram feel they are better off?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2020, 08:49:47 PM »

And the guy is a professor teaching at Boston University. My wife had left leaning professors that try to manipulate students minds to think the way they do. First day of class last quarter one of her teachers said "I hope nobody in this classroom is voting for F'ing Trump".
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2020, 08:56:33 PM »
LMAO! I guess Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt, Madonna, Steven Spielberg, Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman, Kate Capshaw, Sandra Bollock, Charlize Theron et al are all white *racist* colonizers in denial, LMAO!

These are all Hollywood numbnuts! All these libs, especially idiots like Ibram, really are a bunch of morons.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:03:25 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »

Uh oh. Democrats have discovered SC nominee Barrett has ties to the faith based group People of Praise. She will be hammered about this in the Senate hearings. At least she doesn't belong to the Church of Scientology.

http://www.thehour.com/news/article/Barrett-tied-to-faith-group-ex-members-say-15604825.php

Offline BC

« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2020, 01:15:25 AM »
She has already answered for that stating she could keep her religious beliefs from interfering with her legal obligations of being impartial.

What she might get hammered on regards any conversations with Trump or WH representatives or anyone else for that matter how she would rule in pending cases.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2020, 04:24:03 AM »
you are a victim of fake news.  lets see if I can help you with the complete quote:

Kendi wrote “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.” He continued, “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.” He added, “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

Now that the quote is correct, I don't see it as productive to make this sort of statement at this time.   This particular lady doesn't seem to be that bad, so I wouldn't want to see her made out to be a racist when she gets her due grilling. 

This particular commentator Ibram X Kendi isn't of much relevance but his quote will be misused, misquoted, and used as a written screed to mischaracterize the preponderance of people other than conservatives.  I hear his view, and there are parts of it that are sensible yet in the context of this woman they don't appear to apply.

Fathertime!

LMAO! How the heck can anything be fake news when I posted what the idiot posted in his Twitter page word for word, which you repeated?!?!

Saying somehow it isn’t important whether it is directed to ACB or not to dupe snowflakes at large doesn’t diminish what the idiot said. It is you who bit into this dandy hook, line and sinker!

I can’t believe liberals bow to idiots like Ibram these days.

Offline BC

« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2020, 05:07:44 AM »
GQ,

Here are the two tweets to put back into some context.

Followed by this one a half hour later.

He was responding to a since-deleted tweet about White parents adopting Black children.  I can't find a copy of it at this time so don't know the full context of his replies.

The reference to bots likely due to misquotes around the net and other out of context copies with only the first in his series of tweets, much like you posted.

btw I am neither defending nor supporting the tweet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:09:40 AM by BC »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2020, 05:26:10 AM »
BC-

The idiot, after feeling the heat and pushbacks, tried to walk back what he said. There’s no silly misconception what the idiot said. A lot of people got immediate lifelong punishment simply for uttering the ‘n’ word.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2020, 05:52:40 AM »
LMAO! How the heck can anything be fake news when I posted what the idiot posted in his Twitter page word for word, which you repeated?!?!

Saying somehow it isn’t important whether it is directed to ACB or not to dupe snowflakes at large doesn’t diminish what the idiot said. It is you who bit into this dandy hook, line and sinker!

I can’t believe liberals bow to idiots like Ibram these days.
You posted a partial quote and stated it was in reference to barrett, which I've shown you it wasn't necessarily.
     the Ibram character is an unknown, and doesn't represent a wide audience.   When barrett is getting grilled by democrats, if it is implied she is racist based on her adoption of the black children she will prevail and the democrats will look foolish.  I don't think the democrat senators will go there as it isn't appropriate in this case.  Her record should be reviewed.  Down the road,  I think she is going to make rulings that I may not agree with but from what I've seen she isn't extreme.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2020, 06:02:45 AM »
Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.

The professor needs to present substance to support his statement:  facts about the historical context he raises and an analysis of its relevancy to the Barrett family.     

His words "superior" and "denial" are accusations of racism.  Racism was not a paramount social issue during the colonial period.  Slavery was, but that is not the racism of today's culture.   Think of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hennings. 

The professor's statements remind me of the outlandish statements of David Duke. Also, the professor certainly was not considerate of the feelings of the Barrett children. 

BU should dismiss the professor.  However, he is probably tenured, so typical of liberal university professors these days.   Question:  why would parents pay $60,000/yr just in tuition to have a child educated by anarchists?

Regarding the Barrett family, it appears a happy one.  Supposedly the favorite sibling is not either of the two  children born in Haiti but the youngest, who has Down Syndrome.  Hopefully the press will not pursue this outlandish matter. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2020, 06:06:20 AM »
You posted a partial quote and stated it was in reference to barrett, which I've shown you it wasn't necessarily.
     the Ibram character is an unknown, and doesn't represent a wide audience. 
When barrett is getting grilled by democrats, if it is implied she is racist based on her adoption of the black children she will prevail and the democrats will look foolish.  I don't think the democrat senators will go there as it isn't appropriate in this case.  Her record should be reviewed.  Down the road,  I think she is going to make rulings that I may not agree with but from what I've seen she isn't extreme.

Fathertime!

1. The post was in the context of a ACB discussion.
2. The idiot do in fact have a wide audience.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2020, 06:48:14 AM »

BU should dismiss the professor.  However, he is probably tenured, so typical of liberal university professors these days.   Question:  why would parents pay $60,000/yr just in tuition to have a child educated by anarchists?

On top of this it is a privately funded catholic university. He doesn't have the cover of being a public funded institution

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2020, 06:56:00 AM »
Dorsey, Twitter’s CEO, donated $10 million to this idiot’s cause, which in an indirect way benefits BU. So I highly doubt that buffoon would even get a slap in the wrist. This is just one example of the indoctrination and slow decay in our society at large.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
The Dem's have decided that it's far too dangerous with Covid and everything
to meet with the nominee and have hearings etc.

I agree with them. The nominee was vetted already recently and they should
just have an up or down vote right away, so that the Dem's can move on to
important things like not coming up with a covid stimulus or any other legislation.

Schumer call for Supreme Court nominee to self-isolate
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/schumer-call-supreme-court-nominee-isolate-delay-quick/story?id=73388981

The coronavirus infects the Supreme Court hearing as 2 Senate Judiciary Committee senators test positive for COVID-19 and Chuck Schumer calls for a halt
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/schumer-call-supreme-court-nominee-isolate-delay-quick/story?id=73388981
FSUW don't do vague

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »
The Dem's have decided that it's far too dangerous with Covid and everything
to meet with the nominee and have hearings etc.
The coronavirus infects the Supreme Court hearing as 2 Senate Judiciary Committee senators test positive for COVID-19 and Chuck Schumer calls for a halt

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2020, 08:24:02 AM »
Someone might want to tell Kamala Harris that she needs to get her American history straight. She claimed that Abraham Lincoln said it would be wrong to fill the Supreme Court vacancy that opened up 27 days before the 1864 election. That is nonsense. Lincoln said no such thing. Furthermore, back then, Congress was in recess from July 4 until December 5, i.e., until after the election, so there would have been no point in nominating anyone to fill the vacancy before the election. Also, Lincoln submitted his nominee the day after Congress returned. He did not wait for the new Congress to take office (which, back then, did not happen until March).
Forum blog

Offline BC

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1962
Total: 1973

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM