It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317274 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »
I know it is a pretty short courtship, but Ochka and I will be wed tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

She could still be here legally under her OPT for another couple of years . . . but we still decided to go ahead with the legal conjoining at this point.

I hope I don't have to eat my words at some point . . . but Ochka really is the most wonderful person (man or woman) that I have ever known. 

She is very even tempered, doesn't get rattled at virtually anything, wakes up in morning with smile on her face and goes to bed with smile on her face.  An indefatigable worker (she is already outdoors working hard while I am still trying to get psyched up to work) and virtually unbelievable lover.

We are planning just a simple ceremony for the two of us; but when word got around, my friends insisted on throwing us a big 'shin-ding' later in the day.  Have been offered use of a condo in Aspen and a large cabin cruiser in Tampa for get-aways, but we are just going to stay local as Ochka wants to get an early start on preparing for her Multivariable Calculus course she will teach in the Spring Semester.

I plan to get started on the AOS paperwork in early January as I have been reading that Immigration will start accepting apps from all the millions of illegals that are here in mid-February.  Once that starts . . . the processes may drag on for years.

Now, just in case any of my detractors are thinking of loving me . . . I can throw out the real reason for getting married before the end of the year.  Ran the numbers; and filing married joint return will save me about $37,000 in Fed taxes compared to single return.  Sold off a lot of stuff this year; money all going to trust funds for future grandchildren.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Misha

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
Congratulations! May you have many, MANY happy years of happiness together!

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
Congratulations on realising you will not wake up any time soon from this...
I hope this will change nothing at all between the two of you, at least as far as you have shown here.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
Congrats to both of you.  Based upon your description, I am confident your marriage will be a long and happy one.

Our wives seem to have a lot in common in personalities.  Hopefully we can meet in person some time in the future.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »
I know it is a pretty short courtship, but Ochka and I will be wed tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

Now, just in case any of my detractors are thinking of loving me . . . I can throw out the real reason for getting married before the end of the year.  Ran the numbers; and filing married joint return will save me about $37,000 in Fed taxes compared to single return. 

:thumbsup:   Congratulations!

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
Good for both of you! Congratulations!

Offline Jumper

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
Congratulations!

So all that criticism you received over the years about not being interested in marriage was wrong.  ;) It was only necessary to meet the right woman, live together for a year, and bond - as if you were in a normal relationship rather than one of those international, cross-cultural romances.   

Proof that success comes to those who wait.   You must admit you set the bar high. 

I wish you the best.  I do not believe you will ever have to eat your words.   :D   

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
Congratulations, ML.  May you have many happy years together.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »

Somebody has got to stop this madness!!! Marriage is the leading cause of divorce! Grats anyway ML :D
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »
HI ML, the last resistance  fighter have surrendered !
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 04:31:27 PM »
Congrats!  :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Dave13

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »
Congratulations to you and your lady!

Dave

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 03:45:46 AM »
Like they all said!

Congratulations to the one went from "looking" to "L" - and is now in Heaven!  :D

Offline ML

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
Thanks to all for the 'good wishes.'

We have been married now for 4 days.

It was good to finally have sex after living together for nearly 4 years.

We were married by a Circuit Court Judge.  I knew him just a little bit.

He turned out to be quite taken by Ochka and flirted more than he should have.

He first complimented her on her dress which was a beautiful maroon or burgundy color with gold trim.

Then he liked her ear rings.

Then he liked her hair.

Then he took us to another floor of the courthouse to view a newly refinished court room.  This courthouse was built around 1900, so it has the very high ceilings with great craftsmanship that cannot be duplicated today because of labor costs.

I thought he would never finish talking with us (and looking at Ochka) and let us be on our way.

She did look quite stunning.

We then went to a nearby 4 star Italian restaurant for a very nice (but 3 times too much food).  We love tiramisu.

Next day, went to a large banquet hall rented by a couple of business associates who hosted a tremendous feast.  They brought in a small band, singers, some 'go go' dancers and an 'impromptu' comedy group.  It was a lot of fun as they got the audience involved by seeing how well they (audience) could come up with funny words to complete some sentences in a sketch.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:42:32 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Congratulations to you both  :clapping: and happy Christmas  :)
Just saying it like it is.

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 12:08:42 PM »
Periodically here we get persons criticizing men for being worried about the potential health issues of the FSUW.  Some even ridicule saying: "Why didn't you check out their teeth as if they are horses."

Well crass or not . . . that is not a bad idea.

Recently a part of one of Ochka's back teeth broke off.  It had a large filling in it from before.

We went to my dentist.  Turns out this tooth had previously had a root canal done in Ukraine some years back.

The dentist showed us on X-ray how the root canal had not been completely done and now there was infection in it.  So this root canal would have to be redone now.

And, the X-ray showed that the tooth next to it also needed a root canal.

Ochka wanted to wait until she was in Ukraine next summer to have the work done.  But the dentist told how dangerous this was to have untreated tooth infections.

An Endodontist just happened to be there that day.  He moves around on a rotating basis to different general practictioners offices.   He said he could do the work right then and there.

So we asked about costs.

To redo the one root canal was $1,250.  The other root canal was $975.  The filings for the two teeth would be $237 each.  Crowns for the two teeth will be $996 each.  Initial check up was $75.  X rays were $236.  Teeth cleaning was to be $97.

Yes boys and girls, this adds up to $5,099.

Ochka started crying and saying she didn't want to do it because of that huge price, which really was unconscionable.

But I told her we were going to do it.  She still insisted that we not do the crowns and she would check on prices in Ukraine.

This is a big risk as the dentists told that without the crown, there was danger of splitting the tooth when she bit down on something.

But to calm her down (just a bit) I agreed we would wait awhile on the crowns while she check on Ukraine prices.

OK sure, for me this cost is not a back breaker.

But how many others here can shell out $5,000 or so for two teeth . . . when there are potentially 30 more teeth to go?

And if you brag that you have dental insurance; this just means that your fellow employees will be subsidizing you to pay for dental care for your FSUW.  Their premiums will go up.  Premiums are initially set based on expected care for American teeth, not FSU teeth.

So crude as it may seem . . . checking out teeth isn't such a bad idea.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 12:11:14 PM »
Checking out dentists is also not a bad idea.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline calmissile

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
ML,
Agree completely with your post.  We find ourselves in exactly the same predicument.  We are going to bite the bullet and get the work done here even though it is mostly out of pocket expense.  The risks are too high in the long run to use any other option.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »
We stayed home on New Year's Eve.

Ochka was a little disappointed because this was usually biggest party night of year in Ukraine.

But we had done a ton of things in past couple of weeks, and both really weren't up to staying out late, etc.

To compensate, we went out for a nice lunch around 11 AM at Red Lobster.

This was after first walking 3 miles to pre-burn off the calories we would be consuming.

A lot of sales at the malls, but Ochka says she wants absolutely nothing.  What a Gal !

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »
A couple of evening ago, we were watching a (taped) episode of Laura, a police detective.

She went to a meeting of sex addicts because one of their members had been murdered.

After I explained to her what it was all about, she asked how much of such activity we would have to perform to be minimally qualified to attend such meetings.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:43:34 AM by ML »

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »
Last evening we had 7 couples over to house for a feast.

Ochka wore a skin tight black short dress made of thin knitted material.

This is the type of dress than can only be worn by women with a perfect body . . . unless they want to look ridiculous.

Before guests arrived, Ochka asked me how many of female students at university would look as good as her in this dress.

I told her probably only 2 out of 10.

She guessed it would probably be a somewhat higher proportion than that . . . but she liked my answer.

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
Age Gap, Sugar Daddy, and Daddy Issues

Monday's Dear Abby column had a segment on this issue.

Upon reading it, I realized that perhaps a lot of the success of Ochka and I could be due to fact that she doesn't need me as a Sugar Daddy (although she says I am pretty sweet) and she has a wonderful relationship with her own father.

I wonder how many of the failed age gap relationships that we know of here were related to the Sugar Daddy and Daddy Issues concepts?

The article did mention that when the younger woman was around women more her husband's age, that the older women may not be happy.

In our case, I have noted some jealously toward Ochka by older women, but I sensed it was more related to her youthful figure than her age, since she is not a teeny bopper or even a 20 something.

Interesting also that the younger woman's parents were OK with the marriage; but that the older man's parents were not OK with it.  Typically you would think it would be the opposite.

There hasn't been much discussion here concerning the reactions of parents and other family members of the older man in the age gap relationship.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »
I read that column and the age gap is ONLY 17 years between them. What's the big deal?

Besides, there were no Sugar Daddy issues, Most likely Suga' Mamma issues.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »
Yes, I notice that she has economic 'success' but doesn't specifically mention that he has.

So perhaps a gold digger man.

Or maybe he is a FSUM looking for green card.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1923
Total: 1934

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM