It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Mila, Interpreter... Thankyou!!!  (Read 1692 times)

Offline kerry

Mila, Interpreter... Thankyou!!!
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
Thankyou Mila Interpreter

A little over a year ago, January of 2014, I was a single man from New Zealand, 39 years old, getting on a plane for what seemed  like a crazy adventure. I was on my way to Kharkiv in Ukraine to meet a woman I had been talking to online for a few months. This woman, (Mila) had promised to introduce me to 7 or 8 of her friends, all of whom she had sent me pictures of, and all of whom were looking for a man.
It is now June 1, 2015 as I am writing this. A lot has happened in 18 months. I fell in love with one of Milas friends. We met again in Istanbul for easter of 2014 where we spent a wonderful 8 days together. In august of that year her and her daughter visited me in New Zealand where we had a wonderful time, sightseeing and getting to know each other better.
A week after she left to return to Ukraine I got a text saying she was pregnant. We arranged for another visa ASAP and her and her daughter returned to New Zealand in late November.
On January 30 we were married. A small simple wedding.
On May 3rd my wonderful wife gave birth to my first son. Matthew.
He is wonderful. She is wonderful. Good things can happen if you have a little bit of luck like I did. I was lucky to meet Mila, which happened through a recommendation from this very site. I was lucky Mila was honest and trustworthy. I was lucky I threw caution to the wind and went ahead with the whole crazy scheme. It was a bit scary, I will admit…. Going into the unknown. But it was soooo worth it.

I wanted to write a detailed trip report about everything that happened and how it happened and al the ups and downs. Maybe I will soon, when I have the time.

If anyone has questions please post them here.

Kerry Drummond
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:43:46 PM by kerry »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Mila, Interpreter... Thankyou!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »
Kerry,

We would love a trip report.  But don't do it for us, do it for yourself. 

When Mathew is old and has kids of his own, you can sit down with his kids and read them the story about how Grandpa went across the ocean looking for Grandma and what a wonderful love story they have.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Mila, Interpreter... Thankyou!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »
Wow that is a fantastic story Kerry. You really went full speed ahead congrats. I can tell you were completely ready it seems. I hope you write that TR one of these days.

jone that is an excellent idea. I'm sure that the grandkids would be proud how awesome
grandpa was/is.

Kerry,

We would love a trip report.  But don't do it for us, do it for yourself. 

When Mathew is old and has kids of his own, you can sit down with his kids and read them the story about how Grandpa went across the ocean looking for Grandma and what a wonderful love story they have.
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541638
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1832
Most Online Ever: 12701