It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brazilian scammers alert!  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Brazilian scammers alert!
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:36:29 AM »
Guys, I am tired and want to complain.
I use to get messages like this one to one of my mailboxes:
Hello! I understand that when you received my mail,
then you were surprised. But I want to meet u.
What do u think about this? I am Katya. I live in Russia, in town Bratsk.
I want to explain to u how I found you, so you do not have any doubts.
My small town and I went to the dating agency to find a man from another country for a serious relationship.
Dating agency has contact with other agencies in other cities in other countries,
I asked the manager to find me a man from another country and got your address.
Now I am writing u this message. I do not know much English, but I'm trying to learn the language better.
I want to tell you a little about yourself. I`m 31 years old, my height is 172 cm, weight 54 kg. I am very cheerful person and always try to believe the best.
I have never been married, and have no children, so I am writing u this message. I hope that we can be good friends or maybe more.
I`m seeking a man from another country, because I was disappointed in the men here.
Now u know a little more about me and if you're interested, then I would be happy to continue our dialogue.
Now I send you my picture and I ask you to send me a picture as well. Manager in the agency dating suggested that we have independent knowledge,
and I did not insist that they gave me more information about you. So I ask you to write more about yourself:
your name, your age, your interests and your outlook on life.
I hope we will have good communication. I do not know what will happen, but I expect your answer with hope and a smile.
At these words, I want to finish my letter and will wait for your answer.
Katya Lowery
Be careful - they are not russian, they are pretending to be Russian! They can use any names but always use names that doesn't even look like Russian! 
The letters are sent from Mexican-Brazilian IPs. 

Any ideas? 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brazilian scammers alert!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
Guys, I am tired and want to complain.
I use to get messages like this one to one of my mailboxes:Be careful - they are not russian, they are pretending to be Russian! They can use any names but always use names that doesn't even look like Russian!
The letters are sent from Mexican-Brazilian IPs.

Any ideas?

Fiorella!

Welcome back! It has been a very long time since you posted. I hope all is well with you (and Kvinna and Elen and others).

In terms of your post, I am not quite sure what to offer. From the perspective of the person receiving the message, it probably does not matter the source of the message - it only matters that it is from a scammer. I have little difficulty identifying these - no matter whether they are sourced from Russia, Latin America, or Asia. Perhaps the 'answer' is broader education to help people identify the scam letters so that they do not respond to ANY of them. If the money dries up, it should have the effect of diminishing the numbers of people engaging in this act.

Just my $.02 - FWIW

- Dan

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:53:16 AM »
Hi Dan! Nice to see you again! 
I am sure you can easy recognize when someone is pretending to be an American. I don't mean the source but the message in general. New example:
Good day and how your mood today?
Today I think that will not disappoint you with his message. I apologize for that long you could not reply. So as I promised you to write a few words about myself and send my image.
Now I found your email me and I can tell you a little about me.
I really have to concern you, since you are a handsome man. That's what I want and think you're a positive man. I'd like to know you better, and your character, and other features. Tell me, where are you living now?
I live in the country of Azerbaijan. Here is my place of birth. We have a very beautiful nature and rich beauty of the place. Here we have the Caucasus Mountains. If you know about this place?
I think that I can then tell you more about these places if u will have an interest.
I like people with positive energy, which can always talk a lot. and that I could open up to 100%.
I am looking for a man. I would like to learn more about u.
Tell me if you have no other girl or wife. then we can get to know each other better.
look forward to your prompt and honest answer. can you send me a photo, you look like now? possible picture from the last holiday?
I also want to show you my summer pictures and I like it. I think that as you like and ...
See you here
Evelina Johns

They also use stolen photos of pretty girls.
People should know about that. 

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
They also use stolen photos of pretty girls. People should know about that.
We know of a few cases already: http://www.floriani.it/sitirussi/doublegallery-eng.htm#TripleDealers ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
I am talking about other things.
Now we have new trend in the internet dating when people pretend to be Russian women who are searching for their love and in the reality they are scammers from other countries. It's very comfortable position, people who will be scammed will blame russian women. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1876
Total: 1887

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM