It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075594 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4125 on: February 05, 2016, 08:20:17 PM »
“You've shown that your word isn't worth anything and because of that you've been on ignore for some time.”

I don’t know what your sister told you, but I certainly didn’t promise I’d marry her, and after one night together, next thing I know there were wedding invitations, I know she’s your sister and all but I mean you have to look at it from my standpoint to

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4126 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »
Krimster, I will not lower myself to your level. You've shown that your word isn't worth anything and because of that you've been on ignore for some time.

BTW I only saw this because JayH quoted you. I'll just skip over these in the future

Another 'ignore'er'.  Based on your posts, one could easily conclude that you ignore anything you don't want to hear/read....that way your fatal biases are never disrupted!

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4127 on: February 05, 2016, 08:32:53 PM »
when you ignore enough you can't help but become ignorant

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4128 on: February 05, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »
LOL, At least 'Lavtory' told 1 truth out of 6! That's pretty good, considering the source.  :rolleyes:

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4129 on: February 05, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »
More bad news for the Russian sympathisers on the Crimea. Residents starting to work out how incompetent the Russians really are! And how little they care about the Crimean residents.
Video below--note the colours of the lady speaking is wearing!
"The beaches are in a terrible state. If there is a rest, we are all dead "- the inhabitants of the occupied Alushta on the future of the holiday season.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4130 on: February 05, 2016, 11:09:51 PM »
I would be delighted to hear whatever stories you would care to share with those of us who are unfortunately so geographically challenged as to not be able to experience first hand the glorious changes that according to you Ukraine has undergone.

Please inform us first hand with your observations!  I am prepared to be dazzled!!!

I will be in Ukraine in less than 2 weeks and will stay there for 2 1/2 weeks in Kiev, Ivano Frankivsk, and a few other towns. I will come back and report what I see and you will not only be dazzled, I will blow your mind. When you read my post, keep you phone nearby just in case your heart fails and you need to dial 911. But I warn you, if you're feeling ill, taking legal or illegal drugs, or pregnant, you should refrain from reading my shocking post altogether which will probably reveal all is well in Ukraine and they are heading in the right direction.

Anyway, I know people who are living in Ukraine and been there more times than Mike and Jay and they tell me things are bad, corruption still exists, and are not happy with the government.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4131 on: February 05, 2016, 11:20:08 PM »

I will be in Ukraine in less than 2 weeks and will stay there for 2 1/2 weeks in Kiev, Ivano Frankivsk, and a few other towns. I will come back and report what I see and you will not only be dazzled, I will blow your mind. When you read my post, keep you phone nearby just in case your heart fails and you need to dial 911. But I warn you, if you're feeling ill, taking legal or illegal drugs, or pregnant, you should refrain from reading my shocking post altogether which will probably reveal all is well in Ukraine and they are heading in the right direction.

Anyway, I know people who are living in Ukraine and been there more times than Mike and Jay and they tell me things are bad, corruption still exists, and are not happy with the government.

OK BillyB--when were you last in Ukraine?

Don't avoid the question-- answer it ! It is probably a matter of record somewhere--maybe Ade can answer for you?
See BillyB- it does affect your views.They are clearly negative and locked in an earlier time.In fact it is a more acceptable excuse for your stupidity and ignorance!!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4132 on: February 05, 2016, 11:40:47 PM »

No one has said that things are great there Billy. There is still corruption and people seem to think that in 2 years all the problems should be turned around and rosy. That's wishful thinking considering the initial scope of the problems that were inherited.  If you'd bother to look at some of the news site you'd see what's being done there to get it working better. The Abromavicius mess is a prime example of the problems that need to be overcome.

Ukraine is a corrupt country – that’s a fact. The levels of corruption approximate those of Mexico and/or any other South American country.  Are these countries failed states?

Up until a couple of years ago Brazil was considered one of the most promising emerging markets in the world, and Mexico continues to be an integral part of NAFTA.

Do G-7 ambassadors write open letters to these countries’ presidents every time a high-level corruption scandal erupts?

Ukraine is corrupt today, but not even close to what it was two years ago – that is a fact.

As far as the number of trips that I've made. Without dragging out the old passport and counting them I'd say that I've got between 15-18 at this point. Each of these trips are between 1-3 months for each. More than 2 years there total time.

Based on this I can state that things have improved over the last couple of years despite the invasion.  I feel good enough about it that I've invested a big wad of cash there for our future.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:45:20 PM by AkMike »

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4133 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »
BillyB,

and don’t forget to stop by the Rada in Kyiv and observe what’s happening there, just like AkMike does every day, please also stop by the Chief Criminal Prosecutor’s office and see how many new cases of corruption against oligarchs are being filed just like AkMike does, (every day he’s there asking, I’m tellin’ ya), and also the NBU and the Ministry of Trade and Development, and all the many other places that AkMike goes to every day to investigate, and I sure hope you speak perfectly fluent Ukrainian like AkMike does (you’d really have to understand it all like he does, right?!)

what, wait a second, hang on I just got s skype call!
Hello?
Oh Privet! Kak de la?
Engliskki, Horrosho!
What’s up?
Oh, you know AkMike
You say he doesn’t do any of those things
You say most of the time he just chills in a little house in Cherkassy,
and doesn’t have any contact at in regards to the important things happening in Ukraine
OMG, shocked, shocked I am to hear this,
‘spossiba, zaftra Olga

You see folks, the average person living in Ukraine has no contact with the NBU, no contact with the Rada, no contact with the Chief Criminal Prosecutor’s office, no contact with the SBU.  So “living there” will not provide you with any details about them.  You have to seek out on-line journalistic sources, this was always my source for information about Ukraine, EVEN WHEN I LIVED THERE.  Those same sources are available to someone in Cherkassy as well as to someone in Chicago, living there means nothing in the internet age.

So for someone to make the assertion that ONLY THEIR OPINION IS THE RIGHT ONE BECAUSE THEY LIVE THERE OR HAVE VISITED RECENTLY, should be taken for what it really is, an attempt by a little man to try and turn himself into a big man by only allowing himself to have an opinion about Ukraine and no one else.  When you consider the subject matter and the “desperate measures” that AkMike is employing to try and dominate the conversation, I have to laugh  at how silly it is

The problem with AkMike is that I have a really hard time telling if he’s “for real” and being sincere in his beliefs or if he’s “just playing us”, lately I’ve begun to think that he’s being serious, I’m only skeptical about his sincerity because I find it hard to believe that someone could really be this stupid.

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4134 on: February 06, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »
Don't avoid the question-- answer it ! It is probably a matter of record somewhere--maybe Ade can answer for you?
See BillyB- it does affect your views.They are clearly negative and locked in an earlier time.In fact it is a more acceptable excuse for your stupidity and ignorance!!

Earlier I said I spoke to people who live there. They are citizens but instead of accepting the fact they got more time on the ground in Ukraine and value what they say, you continue to give people the impression you got the most time in Ukraine recently and that your views are the most accurate. Silly.  Read the Gallup poll I linked earlier that shows Poroshenko with a 17% approval rating. That is worse that the previous president ever got and that guy got ousted. People who live there are not happy with the current government and the few posters at this forum making it sound as if Ukraine is improving and Russia is going to hell are lying or disillusioned about reality. If Ukraine takes one step foward and three steps back, how is that progress? 
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4135 on: February 06, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »
So--WHEN WERE YOU LAST THERE ?

You ( & others) are quite happy to attempt a pi...ing contest of  who knows best based on physical presence of your "friends" but decline to acknowledge when you were last there? The last guy that went on about it has not been in Ukraine in close to 10 years ( & he posted above questioning AKMike's honesty!!)--so really-- why not shut up and report back-- AFTER YOUR COMING BRIEF VISIT !
Only a complete and utter fool would argue nothing changes in 10 years.

A lot strange-- don'y you think?

The fact is that neither AKMike or I have made any great point of time spent on the ground--but have been constantly challenged on our experiences.
To question Mike in that way is disgusting-and makes you wonder about motives.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4136 on: February 06, 2016, 01:56:39 PM »
There'll be a biased report comparing the western world to UA and it'll be bad of course. No a fair comparison to the before and after of Ukraine based entirely on Ukraine.  :deadhorse:

People expect a huge change to road system, utilities, public transportation, corruption and all facets of life within 2 years. All to take place with an empty pocketbook.  :rolleyes: It's going top take time and effort for the changes. IMO it's on the right path basicly but there are huge hurdles to overcome and by following the rule of law it's going to take time. 

Abromavicius's resignation because of the corruption has brought public exposure to  the forefront with 'names and dates'. If Poro is involved in it he needs to go. Same with Yats and who ever else has dirty hands. Simple. 

I hope that within a few more years there'll be a huge change in the quality of life there for everyone.  I believe it's coming.

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4137 on: February 06, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »
JayH,

When I lived in Ukraine for 3 years, did I ever meet Yushenko or Poroshenko or Tymoshenko and sit down and have a talk with them about national events.  No I didn’t Jay, when I lived there I received my news about national events in Ukraine from the internet (which was a much more trusted source than oligarch owned TV stations).  I still receive my news about Ukraine from the internet, from primary sources like http://nashigroshi.org/  This is news that is written in Ukrainian by Ukrainian journalists and for Ukrainians, and is updated daily (I highly recommend them, and you can read them in Melitopol or Melbourne).  Another excellent on-line source of information regarding Ukraine is www.rferl.org, I’ve been reading them for years and years, for example see:

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-poroshenko-land-deal-questions-tsars-village/27013945.html  (and reading them in Ternopil or Tasmania will not make a bit of difference)

Now if your assertion that knowledge of a particular subject can ONLY be established by direct and immediate observation, then please explain to us how you know the names of the planets in the solar system...

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4138 on: February 06, 2016, 03:43:33 PM »
The crashing Russian economy has resulted in large medical cutbacks, In Moscow there is now only 1 urologist on duty for the entire city!
--story in Russian here--:
http://www.apn.ru/publications/article34624.htm

the ironic part, his name is Dr Pisskov!!

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4139 on: February 06, 2016, 06:13:57 PM »
The fact is that neither AKMike or I have made any great point of time spent on the ground--but have been constantly challenged on our experiences.

It's your bias that is questioned by many here. For every positive article you post pertaining to Ukraine, you fail to post 3 negatives that are simultaneously out there. You fail to accept the reality Ukraine is heading in the wrong direction. Also all that bad news about Russia. They've survived WW2. They'll struggle but come out of this current economic crisis like they've done others. They sky is not falling.

People expect a huge change to road system, utilities, public transportation, corruption and all facets of life within 2 years. All to take place with an empty pocketbook.  :rolleyes: It's going top take time and effort for the changes. IMO it's on the right path basicly but there are huge hurdles to overcome and by following the rule of law it's going to take time. 

So Ukrainians don't have a right to be upset because you say change is going to take time. You think they are dumb? Of course it's going to take time but when you don't see any of the corrupt politicians getting arrested, the problem isn't time, the problem is management and with that problem there will be no change. That is why Prez Poroshenko is criticized. At the recent World Economic Forum Vice President Biden pulled Poroshenko to the side for 4 hours to talk about making progress in getting rid of corruption. Over a year ago, Biden talked to Ukraine's parliament about getting rid of corruption. They didn't get the message the first time. Are those in government idiots? What part of "get rid of corruption" they don't understand?

Offline Ludmila

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4140 on: February 06, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
Krymster,

Before you perish, try the phone numbers below when in Moscow. Those are the first phone numbers that Google shares. There are tonnes of others.
You will be admitted ( jews, muslims,and other assorted circumcised bros, w/o discrimination ) on weekdays, weekends and holidays. You can also make a house call too. Stay the course!

P.S. A doctor in US hasn't made a house call, especially for free, for some 35-40 years. Last time I checked.

Записаться на прием к урологу в Москве
Записаться к урологу «СМ-Клиника» на прием можно, позвонив по телефону +7 (495) 308-03-55
или заполнив специальную электронную форму записи на сайте. Врачи «СМ-Клиника» ведут прием не только в будние, но и в выходные, а также праздничные дни.
Вызов уролога на дом
В том случае, если вы по каким-либо причинам не можете прийти на прием в клинику, вы можете вызвать уролога на дом. Доктор проведет осмотр, выдаст необходимые направления на обследования, даст рекомендации по лечению. Некоторые анализы также может сделать медсестра на дому по направлению врача.
Вызвать уролога на дом можно по телефону +7 (495) 480-74-73.
Получить дополнительную информацию и записаться на прием к урологу вы можете по телефону +7 (495) 308-03-55

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4141 on: February 06, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
The crashing Russian economy has resulted in large medical cutbacks, In Moscow there is now only 1 urologist on duty for the entire city!
--story in Russian here--:
http://www.apn.ru/publications/article34624.htm

the ironic part, his name is Dr Pisskov!!

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4142 on: February 06, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »
The previous post was supposed to have a funny pic. It doesn't get through. The captioning goes :

Urologist to a patient : I have bad news for you-- your health is as sound as a dollar.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4143 on: February 06, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
Putin's delusions continue.
Did  I see he admitted that Russia invaded Ukraine on Crimea and the east?

Putin's statement would lead to civil war in Russia - centurion

Putin repeated step Mussolini and declared a national idea of ​​patriotism. In other words, simply said that Russia - is Putin.

http://www.amn.com.ua/blogy/zayavlenye-putyna-pryvedet-k-grazhdanskoj-vojne-v-rf-sotnyk/

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4144 on: February 06, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
Ukraine asking EU

-Can we have loans?
-No.
-Can we have visa free status?
-No.
- Can we export agricultural goods?
-No.
-We ARE europeans, aren't we? what can we have?
-Gay parades.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4145 on: February 06, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »
So-please tell us--who is begging for bank loans? Would that be the near bankrupt Soviet Russia?

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4146 on: February 06, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
So-please tell us--who is begging for bank loans? Would that be the near bankrupt Soviet Russia?

I believe it is Ukraine that has been begging for loans, and they have received some too. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4147 on: February 06, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »

Ukraine asking EU

-Can we have loans?
-No.
 visa free status?
-No.
 xport agricultural goods?
-No.
-We ARE europeans, aren't we? what can we have?
-Gay parades.
Get Britain Out is an independent, cross-party, grassroots Eurosceptic group campaigning to get the United Kingdom Out of the European Union. We want to restore UK Parliamentary democracy and take back control from the unaccountable bureaucrats in Brussels. We want Great Britain to be free of EU interference, and we want to decide who can come into Britain by controlling our borders once again. The Prime Minister’s so-called ‘deal’ in advance of the Referendum is pathetic and we must now fight to Get Britain Out of the European Union as soon as possible.
  Why?.....
http://getbritainout.org/

EU =  a pitiful outfit
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Ludmila

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4148 on: February 06, 2016, 09:06:48 PM »
I like this one :-)

For sale: the country Ukraine. as is. without gas in the offing. no european mileage. requires investments. the cabin was hugely used for burning, killing and salo consumption. will exchange for the country of Syria, with gas, OBO. call frm 9am-6pm. ET.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4149 on: February 07, 2016, 05:09:20 AM »
http://getbritainout.org/

EU =  a pitiful outfit

EU is an absolute newbie and when it was formed acquired both good and bad in the bargain.  Thus far it's only a blink in the eye of history.  Give it time to evolve and work on the issues at hand.  At least at the moment it's too big to fail and a few losses or gains expected and 'par for the course'.  The southern countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece would only profit over the medium and long term by exiting.  They would simply fall back into their former positions as lower wage areas and attract interest from northern manufacturers sucking that area's teat dry.

Did you note that high wage area manufacturers opened factories in new EU partner countries offering lower wages as the EU and EUR area was formed?  Like HU CZ etc..  Is there any reason to believe the same won't happen if ANY of these countries exit?  I doubt it.  I don't see GB having any success if they exit as they cannot offer lower wages unless the GBP drops considerably against other currencies.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1923
Total: 1934

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM