It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075513 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
You forgot- my older som live in Russia. He can buy. I am also a RF citizen. Remember? :D

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2014, 10:18:16 AM »
As Doll suggested they'll rather eat dirt and be proud so whether Russian chocolate taste any good seems irrelevant!

Plus with the new proposed law giving the government power to confiscate foreigner's assets to compensate Putin's cronies, why would anyone risk their money to buy real estate in Russia?
Russian chocolate is very good, I always bring it from Russia for my son and my friends.
But will gladly forget the taste of it and many other products but stay proud.
Anyone can keep dollars, I can buy anything there. Now it is a very good time for buying real estate.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
Wayne was talking about Americans (or foreigners in general) buying real estate in Russia.

Are you saying foreigners should not consider the implication of that new proposed asset confiscation law, when deciding whether to purchase real estate in Russia?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
What I am implying is- in the situation like this Russian don't care. Like I said before, we will eat dirt but stay proud.
This is what you will never understand

Oh but we do understand.  You are so incredibly foolish that you would like to have your dirt and eat it too!

In other words, you would like the World to ignore the fact that Russia invaded another sovereign country, against the law, so now you will be so stubborn and refuse to make things right with Ukraine that you would rather eat dirt!

Can you please make a film of yourself and other proud/stubborn/foolish Russians eating dirt?  Please post that film to youtube and provide all of us with a link, we would love to see it!

But there are other Russians, those not so foolish as you, those Billionaire oligarchs who are losing millions of dollars, possibly hundreds of millions, who would prefer to have a regime change.

Right now there's Khodorkovsky who has stated publicly what he wants -- but you can be very sure there are other wiser ones who make plans silently.

5 years or less and your "dear leader" will be gone.  In the meantime, please eat some more dirt!!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »
You forgot- my older som live in Russia. He can buy. I am also a RF citizen. Remember? :D

Go home to your motherland proud Russian Federation citizen!  They need you!  Take your 18 year old son with you, and give him to the Russian military to do his duty!  No more arguments, no more excuses!  They need you and your son!  They need everybody they can get, to protect the motherland against naked Ukrainian aggression!!

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
AC, my younger is in USAF. He makes decisions by himself.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2014, 03:08:10 AM »
Go home to your motherland proud Russian Federation citizen!  They need you!  Take your 18 year old son with you, and give him to the Russian military to do his duty!  No more arguments, no more excuses!  They need you and your son!  They need everybody they can get, to protect the motherland against naked Ukrainian aggression!!
So, you are suggesting an American citizen who is in a military (USAF) go to Russia and be in Russian military?
What's wrong with you?
They need an American airman? Really?
Very interesting. :clapping:
You need to check out if your ideas are ok with US government.
Here I am being VERY serious.

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
Don't mess with Doll.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2014, 07:43:03 AM »
Don't mess with Doll.
So, basically, AC wants to send the USA military people to be on a Russia's side against Ukraine.
Very interesting.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:05:51 AM by Doll »

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2014, 08:35:10 AM »
This is why it is silly to suggest Russia can successfully neutralise the effects of the declining Rouble by substituting imports with domestic production: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/the-ruble-s-senseless-and-harmful-devaluation/509557.html

"But in Russia, nonmilitary end-use industrial products account for only 4 percent of exports, and 45 percent of imports consist of goods not produced in this country at all.

For example, Russia has no manufacturers of computers, mobile phones and other forms of home electronics. That means Russian firms and consumers buying foreign equipment and technology in an effort to keep pace with progress will have to pay more for those products."

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
So, basically, AC wants to send the USA military people to be on a Russia's side against Ukraine.
Very interesting.

More importantly, how do you feel about all this, Doll?

It wouldn't be the first time political allegiance have broken/separated families, of course, but I'm curious to know (within the boundaries of divulging personal/private affairs on an internet forum) how the current situation has effected your family?

Having two sons in uniform myself. I find most anything I say in the meat world or by correspondence is tempered with the thoughts that my views/position on world affairs could effect those closest to me or (if became my government's policy) even place them in harms way.

May I assume your son does not share some or all of your views on Russia/Ukraine and/or does this factor in your considering returning to Russia?

Brass
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:45:34 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2014, 09:27:29 AM »
So, you are suggesting an American citizen who is in a military (USAF) go to Russia and be in Russian military?
What's wrong with you?
They need an American airman? Really?
Very interesting. :clapping:
You need to check out if your ideas are ok with US government.
Here I am being VERY serious.

If your son is being influenced by you then he is a clear liability and not an asset to the US Military.  It was you who said that you wanted to go back to Russia and to take your son with you.

If your son is separate from you and has been for a number of years then let's hope he can think for himself.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »
Very interesting.

Nice try, but yet again you show why you are not capable of being in this debate.  You take one thing and extrapolate it into something entirely different and try to put words in my mouth.

It's been you all along talking about how great Russia is and how you want to go back home and buy some real estate, and it was you who mentioned that you have a son here who you might want to take back.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:24:17 AM by AnonMod »

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
If your son is being influenced by you then he is a clear liability and not an asset to the US Military.  It was you who said that you wanted to go back to Russia and to take your son with you.

If your son is separate from you and has been for a number of years then let's hope he can think for himself.

She never stated she wanted to take her son with her.

Comments on family are off limits, BTW.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:55:58 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »

Where did I say I wanted to take my son?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
Nice try, but yet again you show why you are not capable of being in this debate.  You take one thing and extrapolate it into something entirely different and try to put words in my mouth.

It's been you all along talking about how great Russia is and how you want to go back home and buy some real estate, and it was you who mentioned that you have a son here who you might want to take back.
Again- where did I say that?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »

My very kind advice for you is to shut up about my younger (and older too).
One more time- you are trying to bully an American military here.
Got it?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
More importantly, how do you feel about all this, Doll?

how the current situation has effected your family?

How do I feel about what?
No situation "effected" my family.

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
How do I feel about what?
No situation "effected" my family.

My question is would you want or expect your son to return to Russia with you and how has he reacted to you considering returning (assuming you've discussed it with him, of course)?

Did the current sabre rattling between Russia and the U.S. make you think of leaving the U.S.? In other words are you thinking of returning to Russia because of loyalty to your homeland?

Brass

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
My question is would you want or expect your son to return to Russia with you and how has he reacted to you considering returning (assuming you've discussed it with him, of course)?

Did the current sabre rattling between Russia and the U.S. make you think of leaving the U.S.? In other words are you thinking of returning to Russia because of loyalty to your homeland?

Brass
My son can stay here or moveto any other place REGARDLESS the situation. I am asking "what situation" because the thread is about politics.
Enough about family.
Seriously.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »
AC, dear, what words did I put in your mouth?
Here is what you wrote
See? " No more arguments, no more excuses!" for an USAF airman. :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:33:46 AM by Doll »

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »
My son can stay here or moveto any other place REGARDLESS the situation. I am asking "what situation" because the thread is about politics.
Enough about family.
Seriously.

Alright. Withdrawn.

Brass

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
Specter of '98 Default Stalks Russia's Record Ruble Falls

As the Russian ruble plunges to repeated record lows and the Central Bank ramps up market interventions to defend it, few want to mention Aug. 17, 1998.

On that day, amid budgetary chaos and dwindling foreign currency reserves, Russia abandoned its support of the ruble and announced a default, prompting panic on the streets and sending the currency on its way to a 75 percent devaluation by the year's end.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/509680.html

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2014, 04:50:49 AM »
Weaken Russia economically
Separate Russia from her Nukes
Dismember Russia into new republics

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2014, 05:19:10 AM »
Specter of '98 Default Stalks Russia's Record Ruble Falls

As the Russian ruble plunges to repeated record lows and the Central Bank ramps up market interventions to defend it, few want to mention Aug. 17, 1998.

On that day, amid budgetary chaos and dwindling foreign currency reserves, Russia abandoned its support of the ruble and announced a default, prompting panic on the streets and sending the currency on its way to a 75 percent devaluation by the year's end.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/509680.html
I wrote already- I was in Russia (single nother with 2 sons) when it happaned 1998. Ruble dropped 4 times. It is did seem terrible but we survived. As a result, Russia started producing much more food and other things IN the country.
When I go there - I can see that a lot of food is "Russian" in the stores.
I am from Kuban so they grow and consume only local fruit and vegetable. There is some stuff imported but people try to buy local- it is cheaper and much better.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1998
Total: 2007

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM