It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "I think what we have here is a failure to communicate..."  (Read 33829 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: "I think what we have here is a failure to communicate..."
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2010, 04:09:11 AM »
I totally agree with Manny's "analysis" of that chat. This is exactly what happened.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2010, 04:22:57 AM »

BTWhttp://imtranslator.com is also a good one with back translation you will see that many words we us have completely different meanings.  If she starts using words that YOU need to lookup then lookout. have fun.  Russian language seems to me, a very straight forward language. Not alot of small talk.  In this journey if you can find someone that gets your jokes and understands when you are joking and can return to you this feeling then you have struck GOLD go with it.
Never establish the quality of an online translator by translating the same text in to another language and back. If you are fluent in a foreign language, just try to translate the English in to that language, read it and then translate back. You will see that if the first translation lose 10%-25% the translating back will lose over 50%.

You should see any online translator as making a translation using a dictionary. Every word is translated, however the context can not be seen by a dictionary and needs human interpreting. The best way to understand is to take a Russian text and translate it to English. You will need as much effort to understand it as the woman will need.

The best way to make the text understandable is using short sentences with not a lot of grammar. Do not use any slang and ensure that both spelling and the grammar you use are 100% correct, as machines do not read your mind.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2010, 06:52:31 AM »
Yes a FEW don't like America/ns,...

Chivo, that's why their chat went to south. Her comment about Americans did not come out of blue but from her attitude she already had. It is really difficult to make a conversation with a person who is full of suspicious that every your word is a catch and thinks about your as about potential "enemy". And I agree that it is better to waste a few minutes in chat than months on e-mails.

As you noticed from posted chat she has not had any problem using acronym "u r" and I don't think the word "guys" was too confusing for her. "Привет, гайс" (Hi guys) is used enough often on the Russian forums.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:15:40 AM by OlgaH »

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »

Dachas are not that serious, come on. Most, with all due respect, are little holes in the wall outside the city center that need constant work. Just a place they can go to get away from the hustle and bustle and not even used in the winter.

As I mentioned a week or two ago,  when it comes to Moscow chivo is very knowledgeable but I don't necessarily agree with everything he writes.  Dachas are one such example.

Yes, many dachas are in constant need of work but I have seen probably more nice dasha's than bad one's. And some of the nicest I have seen were outside of Moscow. True, being located a few kilometers from Yeltin's dacha probably was one factor so many were so nice, but I have seen many nice dachas throughout Ukraine and Russia.   

For many people their dacha is very important to them, to some it is their life.  It is where they spend many weekends and holidays in the spring, summer and fall. As chivo did point out, few are used or visited in the winter.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »
As chivo did point out, few are used or visited in the winter.
Yes, no central heating can be a bummer :D:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline LEGAL

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »
SANDRO43 is that frame from Dr Zhivago?

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2010, 05:27:21 AM »
SANDRO43 is that frame from Dr Zhivago?
Yes, it's the interior of the 'Ice Palace'. Good visual memory, Legal ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline brad5959

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 05:46:51 AM »
I totally agree with Manny's "analysis" of that chat. This is exactly what happened.

Manny is full of horse manure and he has no balls.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »
That was really uncalled for, brad.

I agree with Doll's initial post.  She insulted him as an American because she wanted to get rid of him.  It worked. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline brad5959

« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2010, 07:55:09 AM »
she became insulted by the OP because she is an uptight shrew, boring haughty, stuck up, egotistical woman with no prospects in Russia and probably just as few in America.  he was lucky to find out her true nature quickly and exit the scene of the crime.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:57:00 AM by brad5959 »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
Manny is full of horse manure and he has no balls.
But apart from that he has a lot of knowledge.  :P

Offline Shadow

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
she became insulted by the OP because she is an uptight shrew, boring haughty, stuck up, egotistical woman with no prospects in Russia and probably just as few in America.  he was lucky to find out her true nature quickly and exit the scene of the crime.
Always blame the Russian.
However I do agree with you that he was lucky to find out they were not matching quickly.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
She insulted him as an American because she wanted to get rid of him.  It worked. 

Yes, she clearly demonstrated she knows only one way how to "rid of" a person she is not interested in and her way is elementary rudeness and with her stupid comment "I don't like american like american don't like russian" she demonstrated she knows only one way how to resolve misunderstandings. And most likely there was not even a thought in her head that there could be a misunderstanding.

I don't think we need to justify rudeness as only way that "works", more over the OP did not insistently push her to continue their chatting.

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
Teen age dating is so much fun............

Is 12 a teenager?

8)

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
x
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:47:32 PM by Tag-n-bag »

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
You're trying too hard for a woman that isn't into you. She may feel you're desperate.

You're apologizing for who your are and how you act. She may feel you're weak.

Most RW wouldn't have stayed on the internet with you so long. They would have ignored you instead of engaging in all that small talk. 
Lots of RW have too many men trying to make conversation with them. They don't have time to talk about what they've done today or everyday to every guy....unless you're her favortite or one of her favortites. If she likes you, she'll answer your questions with pleasure.

Next time, try to stimulate the mind of a RW with another approach. After she likes you or at minimum considers you a friend,  get her phone number and ask her how her day went.

Even if a RW understand what you're saying when you write "u r" and she does it herself, don't do it anymore. If one of the ladies you communicate with is someday going to be your wife, write to her in proper English. If you write a long email to a lady, Address her by her name and sign off with yours. The smart women care about the effort and detail you put into the words you send/say to her.

I'm sorry dude but I have to throw a huge pile of BS on this statement.

DO NOT...and I repeat...DO NOT....For God's sake, DO NOT place your pretty little face and thong tied derriere pictures and profile on a worldwide website advertising yourself as available for marriage, dating, pen pal, etc. if you do not want to be contacted by any American men...and are prepared to deal with it!

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
Olga H,

I'm just curious.  what did they tell you that Hummer means??  :D

4WD Skoda

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
And how stupid do you have to be to contact a woman who posts her 'thong tied derriere pictures' on the internet profile, and to expect any kind of intelligent conversation with her?

Uh oh...it was a generalization. :cluebat: 

Offline Tag-n-bag

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »
I have instructed my attorney of the firm Conjunction, Function and Junction to file suit against  Ms. Linguistics for "pain and suffering".

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

I'm sorry dude but I have to throw a huge pile of BS on this statement.

DO NOT...and I repeat...DO NOT....For God's sake, DO NOT place your pretty little face and thong tied derriere pictures and profile on a worldwide website advertising yourself as available for marriage, dating, pen pal, etc. if you do not want to be contacted by any American men...and are prepared to deal with it!

She is open to American men even though many here disagree. She gave you, an American, 15 minutes of decent communication, then she ended up saying she didn't like how you communicated with her and said goodnight and bye. Most women would just stop communicating by ignoring you if they felt they wasted 15 minutes of their life with a man. She was polite in ending the conversation but you dragged it on for another 5 minutes and she made an effort to write you another 5 minutes.

It would have been best to say goodnight and bye too. Have patience and come back another day to talk with her. Instead you were trying to get to the bottom of things right away to save a sinking ship. In the end, you apologized and politely said bye but by showing your anger here over what she said shows that you were only nice to her at that time for selfish reasons in the fact you wanted her even though she may not be happy with you.

If what she said didn't bother you during that conversation, it shouldn't bother you now. She may know you more than you know yourself and she didn't like what she seen. Women tend to read men better than men read women. Many understand the Mr. Nice Guy attitude men display is only an act.

Actually after reading your first post again, you've had previous chat with this woman so she gave you even more than 20 minutes of her time.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
BilliB, I'm not surprised why you chat with 18 y.o.  ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
BilliB, I'm not surprised why you chat with 18 y.o.  ;D

Chat? I'll be dating one in a few days. I also turn on the ladies older than I. Last weekend I was with one 10 years older. Good manners and communications skills works with women of all ages. ;)
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:16 PM »
Good manners and communications skills works with women of all ages. ;)

But it doesn't work with women who lack of good manners and communication skills and such woman was exactly Tag's case  ;)

BillyB,

we have a saying in Russia: "you can pee right into his eyes and he will still think it is God's dew"

Date 18 y.o., share your experience entertaining the members.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:19:27 PM by OlgaH »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
But it doesn't work with women who lack of good manners and communication skills and such woman was exactly Tag's case  ;)

If you told a man "goodnight" and he keeps bothering you to communicate with him, what will you do or say to get rid of him? Any action or lack of action such as ignoring him can be taken as poor communication skills or bad manners on your part. I wouldn't think so. If Tag said "goodnight" when she said it and pursued the lady another and better day, he may be on this forum talking about a wonderful woman he's met on the internet.

BillyB,

we have a saying in Russia: "you can pee right into his eyes and he will still think it is God's dew"

Date 18 y.o., share your experience entertaining the members.   ;)

If a woman pees on me, I'll know it's not God's dew but depending how she pees on me, I might not object. ;)

Don't worry about me Olga. I've already passed up a lot of young ladies in the FSU who wanted me to visit them. If she takes advantage of me physically financially I'm off to date other women.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
BillyB,

Sorry, but you did not get the saying that is close btw to another saying "Silliness is the second happiness" (because a silly one will never understand how silly he is). After your childish and immature phrases as "I've already passed up a lot of young ladies...", "Just ask the happy ladies I've dated" and many others of your "masterpieces" that could be written only by a boy who just shaved off his first facial hair, I'm not surprised why you missed the saying as you most likely will not understand how happy that ladies are that they don't date you any more. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541470
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3411
Most Online Ever: 12701