It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Russian girls abandon their nation in need" (?)  (Read 23632 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Re: "Russian girls abandon their nation in need" (?)
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 03:25:56 AM »
Somehow I knew that was coming Elen!  ;D

I'm sure FSU countries have a good pool of skilled workers that could probably produce quality consumer goods at a reasonable price.. Why is this not happening?  It would be really refreshing to go down to a local store here and see some RU products mixed in with Chineese, Korean, Turkish, Japaneese etc..

Ah males ::) I'm about craving of RW ( as well as German American anr etc Women )  for males' attention and you are about economy in return  ::) - just right like our governmet wich does not see where is the problem with "Turkey's guys" lays
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 03:34:21 AM by Elen »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 04:23:34 AM »
Ah males ::) I'm about craving of RW ( as well as German American anr etc Women )  for males' attention and you are about economy in return  ::)

Is a good part of the 'craving' not linked to economy?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2006, 04:40:07 AM »
Is a good part of the 'craving' not linked to economy?

Well of course because in majority cases if you can't get what you want at your place ( for free) you should go overseas to get it (for money) And what exactly would be that place you are moving to in your searching depends on economy

But 'craving" itself does not linked to exactly economy because America ( for example) and Russia have different economies, but Women now are searching for males' attention abroad in both countries.
 Ok I can presume both cases have differen reasons May be it's our economy is such bad that turns males itno lazy drankards  or may be your western economy is too good that allows women to be too independent due to wich they lose males' attention  - don;t know But all after all there is a lack of that attention because of what women go to "Turkeys" all round the world now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:42:33 AM by Elen »

Offline 55North

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 06:03:59 AM »
When I kicked off this thread, it was partly out of boredom. Here was a news article that would start up some sort of discussion, who knows where it would lead.

Partly because of Elen's comments, I have since refered back to my UW.  She tells me that many of her colleagues have had bad liaisons with visiting western men, and have found much better treatment with Turkish men.  And they are accessible by them on their own terms as the visiting partner, in a good climate, and beautiful locations.  A permanent relationship is not assumed, or indeed sought.

This sounds very sensible.  They are, in effect, adopting the behaviour of free women in the west, which is the very thing that women from the FSU do share with women in the west, freedom to choose their own life style and destiny, albeit under greater financial restraints.  I suspect some western men forget a woman's choice is to be respected, and export the bad habits that did them no good in their own home countries.

I guess to some (arrogant) western men, this might be a bit of a shock, assuming that men from developing nations, possibly of Islam even, can offer all that a free woman might require.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 07:40:12 AM »
But 'craving" itself does not linked to exactly economy because America (for example) and Russia have different economies, but Women now are searching for males' attention abroad in both countries.....May be it's our economy is such bad that turns males into lazy drankards...
Since the numbers of FSUW "searching for males' attention abroad" seem to be proportionally MUCH higher than elsewhere, may we conclude that the ROOT of the problem lies in FSU males and their attitude/behaviour to their female compatriots ? (I am just trying to come to some tangible conclusion, based on your "insider's" view).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 12:45:52 PM »
Russian woman killed, Turkish man wounded in Turkey bar

I don't know about any of you but I wouldn't be caught dead in a bar full of turkeys! All those feathers, crap everywhere, the gobbling noise! No Way....  ;D

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline 55North

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »
Gobbling noises?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2006, 05:26:01 PM »
Gobbling noises?

Turkeys make gobbling noises: "Gobble Gobble Gobble"

Thanksgiving cartoons and shows... turkeys..... noises.....  ::)
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline 55North

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »
"Gobbling" has a particular, slang, meaning in UK English. ;)  If you wish/need to know more, I'll message you, for the sake of common decency.

Offline TexasBoar

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »
"Gobbling" has a particular, slang, meaning in UK English. ;)  If you wish/need to know more, I'll message you, for the sake of common decency.

Oooooh . . . I bet I can guess.  ::)

Heh.  Good to know.

~Boar

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »
Yeah, there is a slang meaning here too.

Was (for one of the very few times in my life) not speaking from the "gutter"... Amazing how many simple sayings have multiple cross-over meanings...  ;D
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline BC

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »
Partly because of Elen's comments, I have since refered back to my UW.  She tells me that many of her colleagues have had bad liaisons with visiting western men, and have found much better treatment with Turkish men.  And they are accessible by them on their own terms as the visiting partner, in a good climate, and beautiful locations.  A permanent relationship is not assumed, or indeed sought.

This sounds very sensible.  They are, in effect, adopting the behaviour of free women in the west, which is the very thing that women from the FSU do share with women in the west, freedom to choose their own life style and destiny, albeit under greater financial restraints.  I suspect some western men forget a woman's choice is to be respected, and export the bad habits that did them no good in their own home countries.

I guess to some (arrogant) western men, this might be a bit of a shock, assuming that men from developing nations, possibly of Islam even, can offer all that a free woman might require.

Anyone that has been to Turkey for any amount of time can probably attest that they are a proud and even beautiful folk.  Although I look mostly at women when I'm there (and there are very many beautiful Turkish women), I can imagine that the men are also considered quite good looking.  Must be that swarthy med look and maybe the moustache that 'so tickles'  ;D

Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain.. heck any country along the Med are nice playgrounds for men and women alike.  It's not only physical looks but a very open 'easy come-easy go' mentality that contributes as well.  Deadlines, schedules, project timelines.. who needs 'em?  There's always 'Tomorrow'.  LOL

That's why I love living here and probably a factor that my wife found attractive. 

BTW I wouldn't classify Turkey as a 'developing nation'.. they have a very vibrant economy and can offer just about anything you will ever need.  Yes 98% of the population is Muslim but you will hardly notice it among the mini-skirts in the larger cities and tourist areas.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006, 01:52:39 AM »
and there are very many beautiful Turkish women

Best example was Azra Akin, miss world in 2002...
http://www.turkjapan2003.org/pride3.asp

For these who have interest in Turkish women, take a look at http://hosmubosmu.net/

Sample of a 19 year old turkish woman :

A little older, 30 year old turkish woman :

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 12:50:15 AM »
Why would any intelligent RW go to Turkey? That country is known to have sex slave rings exporting girls out to other countries.
Because they share the same religion and family values for example?  Why would intelligent woman will go to US?

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 04:07:20 AM »
Perhaps I am wrong but isn't Turkey mostly Muslim and isn't Russia mostly Orthodox.  I have heard some women saying that Russian men don't treat their women well and are not faithful.  (I know some are not that way at all)  I have heard Turkish men are worse and treat their women like property and have little respect for woman.)  Why would an intelligent woman go to the US.  Because she is intelligent.   ;D

Offline beattledog

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 04:48:24 AM »
The Turkish women are stunning.  I pulled up the webstie and looked at it.  is there a website in English?

Beattledog

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 05:38:11 AM »
Maybe you can start your own site Beattle,   TWD, Turkish women discussion.  Yes, they are very beautiful, at least the ones pictured here.   I was in Baku early this summer and a lot of the women there are Turkish by nationality.  There are some stunners. 

Offline Bruno

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 06:11:50 AM »
Perhaps I am wrong but isn't Turkey mostly Muslim and isn't Russia mostly Orthodox.

The Patriarch of Constantinople is the Ecumenical Patriarch, ranking as the "first among equals" - primus inter pares in Latin - in the Eastern Orthodox communion, which is seen by followers as the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

In addition to being the spiritual leader of 300 million Orthodox Christians worldwide, he is the direct administrative superior of diocese and archdioceses serving millions of Greek, Ukrainian, Carpatho-Russian, and Albanian Orthodox in North and South America, and Western Europe (where his flock consists mainly of the Greek, Slavic and other Balkanic diaspora), Australia and New Zealand, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, and Korea, as well as portions of modern Greece.

Actual Patriarch : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarch_Bartholomew_I_of_Constantinople

For information, Constantinople is Istambul in Turkey !!! Maybe this explain the link between Turkey and orthodox from FSU

Offline Bruno

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 06:19:21 AM »
The Turkish women are stunning.  I pulled up the webstie and looked at it.  is there a website in English?

Beattledog

Try http://turkishpersonals.com/ ... a lot of lady from Turkish origine... some living already in US or Europe...

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 07:18:53 AM »
Wow, Turkish women look stunning. Thanks for the linkup there. Of course, if you get a Russian Turkish lady (e.g. Armenian or Uzbek), you can get the best of both worlds.

Then again, I can reserve my judgment otherwise for another day of rest perhaps?
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 09:15:07 AM »
Wow, Turkish women look stunning.

You have stunning women everywhere in the world... same in USA... the main problem is find a women who is stunning on the outside and inside, and who accept to be your wife...

These forum is related to FSU women but i don't see any valid reason to limit your choice to FSU country... Simply make some selection in the begin related to color of skin, physical ( a men of 1m60 will probably not seek a woman of 2m ), religion, etc... Once you know what you wish, seek in every country where it is possible to find the desired woman...

Offline beattledog

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »
You are most correct.  There are woman in all countries, that are beautiful both inside and outside.  a man should take his time to find such a woman

beattledog

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »
Perhaps I am wrong but isn't Turkey mostly Muslim and isn't Russia mostly Orthodox.  I have heard some women saying that Russian men don't treat their women well and are not faithful.  (I know some are not that way at all)  I have heard Turkish men are worse and treat their women like property and have little respect for woman.)  Why would an intelligent woman go to the US.  Because she is intelligent.   ;D
Russia mostly atheistic. I was living in Muslim region, so there were a lot of girls who married men -Turks

Offline Nando

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »
You have stunning women everywhere in the world... same in USA... the main problem is find a women who is stunning on the outside and inside, and who accept to be your wife...

These forum is related to FSU women but i don't see any valid reason to limit your choice to FSU country... Simply make some selection in the begin related to color of skin, physical ( a men of 1m60 will probably not seek a woman of 2m ), religion, etc... Once you know what you wish, seek in every country where it is possible to find the desired woman...

However trying to find a woman in Brazil, FSU and Turkey and Australia at the same time is impossible.
Find a place where there are a pool of potential women, and search there. After much thought I choosed FSU and not Brazil.
I agre with your first paragraph completely, however...most of us just want...well...everything!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2006, 05:32:51 AM »
Perhaps I am wrong but isn't Turkey mostly Muslim and isn't Russia mostly Orthodox. 

I just looked up the official statistic.   Here is the summary.

"although modern Turkey is a secular republic, Islam is the religion of 98% of the population of Turkey"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM