It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "The Amazing Race" tonight, Sunday 19Nov06  (Read 2216 times)

Offline RK

"The Amazing Race" tonight, Sunday 19Nov06
« on: November 19, 2006, 06:51:45 PM »
For those who can still catch it tonight, the tv show "Amazing Race" is through Kiev and Chernobyl...kind of fun to watch...they go through a military tank driving school outside of Kiev and some other tasks.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Re: "The Amazing Race" tonight, Sunday 19Nov06
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 07:00:45 PM »
Thanks for the tip; I'll catch it now!!!  :)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Thanks for the tip now my wife is pissed at me
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »
because I cant really explain why they're in Kiev,who these people are,how the game is played and so on and so forth. What is funny, is that our apartment where we always stay was seen in the video clip. It's across the street from Independence Square and the concert hall. I actually thought it would be funny if the police tried to extort money from the Asian guys in real life that is kinda how it wouldve happened but the tv cameras there and all I guess not.

Offline RK

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »
lol, Greg! Honestly, this is the first time I've watched more than five minutes of it. Someone may be able to explain it better than me, but in a nut shell it is a reality show where different teams compete for one million dollars. It is a race that starts out somewhere and goes through different areas of the world. They go through some mentally and physically challenging tasks to find clues to their next point, and a team is usually elimimated on each leg of the show. That's about all I know about it.

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
I kinda understood the concept,but just the explaining it was the hard part. Most times it's to throw out all reason and logic when explaining such matters. You have to really get into who is paying out this money,how these people were chosen to play,"what the sense" is another great response I usually get.  I told her not to worry about and just go back to watching The Food Network. She's planning on cooking a turkey which means this week I really need to upgrade my home insurance. She a great cook,but I'm haing doubts about the turkey considering I've never seen a turkey in Ukraine. She's been here 3 years,I love her to death,she's the best,I married way way out of my league,but some things you just have to say "honey dont worry about it"

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »
She's been here 3 years,I love her to death,she's the best,I married way way out of my league,but some things you just have to say "honey dont worry about it"

Gawd,,, I know this feeling. Turkeys and Russians don't mix well.

I now do the LA deep fried turkey thing mostly, takes a half hour and we are ready to eat., it ain't the prettiest bird, but it sure tastes good with all those Russian salads.  I even did some sweet potatoes the last year.  Never again.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1874
Total: 1885

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM