It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Religious and Political Posts (and Freedom of Speech)  (Read 11757 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Religious and Political Posts (and Freedom of Speech)
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »
There have been quite a number of comments regarding political and religious themes of late.

Because many of these devolve into nothing more than hate and anger-filled diatribes, and because of several recent negative developments, I am left with no choice. I am going to announce the board policy - and then I will provide my explanation. The policy is non-negotiable, and persistent.

Board Policy: There shall be NO POSTS which address or debate religion or politics except as they are explicitly topical to the pursuit of relationships with women from the FSU.

There shall be NO POSTS which are critical or condemning of ANY religious or political individual, organization or institution.

There will be no tolerance for anyone seeking to explore the edges of the board policy.

There is NOT a 3-strike or any other warning provision for this policy. If you violate the policy, even one time, there is the distinct likelihood that your post will be deleted and your posting privileges will be removed.

This policy applies to ALL forums on the board, without exception.

Now, as to WHY this is necessary.

It has come to my attention, and I have confirmed it elsewhere - that there is the possibility of a highly-organized effort by some, to foment discord and to inflame passions on political and religious bases on numerous internet discussion boards.

RWD was NOT established as a venue for such discussions - and as much as I would like to maintain a 'light touch' of moderation, it is now clear that some factions would seek to take advantage of that approach. In fact, some of our own members who I know to not belong to such factions, but who have strong opinions and beliefs, have allowed RWD to be 'sucked-into' this morass. Candidly, it pisses me off that they have behaved in a manner which has allowed this to develop - but it is now done, and must be dealt with.

As for those who wish to cite the First Amendment and Freedom of Speech as the basis for allowing such tripe on this (and other) board, there is no legal basis for your claims - as follows:

* Quotation from the the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

What that says is that *CONGRESS* shall not pass laws to limit your ability to say what you like. RWD is not Congress.

So you have the right to say whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want: on your own property, within the confines of your own space in accordance with the laws of the land. However, you do not have freedom of speech on privately-owned websites, or privately-owned forums.

RWD is NOT Congress, and DOES have the legal right to prescribe what is discussed, and what is NOT, within the confines of this virtual space. Refer to the Terms of Service which prescribes acceptable behaviors.

Folks, I am not asking too much. RWD is a venue for the exchange of information related to relationships with women from the FSU. It is NOT, and never has been, a venue for debate of political and/or religious ideals or events which have nothing to do with the theme of the board.

I will be the lone arbiter of what is, and what is not, acceptable insofar as political or religious material. If you have any question or doubt as to acceptability, I suggest you send me a PM *prior* to posting questionable material.

- Dan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Religious and Political Posts (and Freedom of Speech)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:00:20 PM »
Reiterating this RWD policy.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1969
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM