It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tourist visa to Australia  (Read 9328 times)

Offline wizardfromoz

Tourist visa to Australia
« on: October 22, 2007, 07:22:01 PM »
I have been discussing with a migration agent, bringing my fiance to Australia and due to the relatively short time we have known each other (3-4 month) she suggested bringing her to Australia on a tourist visa first and then applying for partner visa after she returns. It makes some sense to me as the government officials would see that she has understood her environment here and I have been to visit her there.
However I need to ensure that she can get a tourist visa to Australia as soon as I can. Has anyone got suggestion on what to include/do and what not to to give us the best chance of success for this.
Are there agents that will help with this and is it worth it?

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
Re: Tourist visa to Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
Wizardfromoz: It is a relatively straight forward process, although there is no assurance the visa will be issued. You/She need to supply the application document. (Go to the Aus embassy website in Moscow and go to the visa section.  All the forms/info are available in both Russian and English.) 

She needs to supply a reasonable assurance she will return to Russia, IE: Children are a great benefit under these circumstances, leave documents from a registered university or place of work is another good one, real estate and or other tangible things which will be of loss to her if she did not return.

You need to supply at least but not limited to, a letter of assurance that you will underwrite all financial costs and ensure she doesn't overstay her visa, a rates notice from your home or similar, pay slip or group certificate, telephone and electricity account to demonstrate you do actually live where you say you do and a copy of your passport is helpful. A bank statement from at least one account to show you have some money to back up what you are saying.

This is not difficult to put together and it is a good practice run for the later process anyway.  From date application is lodged in Moscow, from my experience (Having done this several times for my now wife and also my MIL) it usually takes less than two weeks to process.

The trick is to write your letter and sign it, then scann it in high quality along with all other documents and email to your girlfriend.  She completes her documents and then she can send the lot express to Moscow. You should be able to wrap the whole thing up in 1-3 weeks if you don't try to short cut.

I understand that prior to my pulling this one quite some time back, it was very rare if not unprecedented.  I now know of several people who have invited their fiance'/girlfriend here on visitor visas.

If you are stupid enough to do what we did and fall in love somewhere during this/these visits, there is a big disadvantage and that is you create for yourself a living hell when you put her on the plane to go home, with the only hope of seeing her here again for a while depending on the visa clerks in Moscow approving your application for an SC-309 which can take quite some time.  (Up to 10 months with no assurance of approval) Get it into your head right now that it is hell and nothing more. The very thing that is designed to bring you together in the long term has the potential to be the thing which breaks you apart. God knows, my Mrs and I can vouch for that.

All of our applications and the entire process has worked without a hitch, but very very slowly.

Get the paperwork right and don't shortcut.
I/O

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »
My Moscow woman went on a tourist visa when she was 31.  She has two children who stayed.  Plus she owns her apartment.  Australia issued her a visa in one month.

BTW, she thought Sydney was a "big village".  From what I can tell, her boyfriend did not take her to classy places and she based her opinion on what she saw.

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »
My Moscow woman went on a tourist visa when she was 31.  She has two children who stayed.  Plus she owns her apartment.  Australia issued her a visa in one month.

BTW, she thought Sydney was a "big village".  From what I can tell, her boyfriend did not take her to classy places and she based her opinion on what she saw.

Guys, you better get used to those words....big village.
FSU girls consider anything BUT downtown "the village," and they are not keen about such places.

Gator-- good to hear that the tourist visa to Australia is possible for fsu girls.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1896
Total: 1907

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM