It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello, looking forward to learning!  (Read 7205 times)

Offline JohnWayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello, looking forward to learning!
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »
I came across this site a few years ago and just now discovered it again. 

A little about me:
I'm in my early 40's and highly experienced with dating American women!  I was also married for several years.  I'm in good shape, have my life in order, and would like to settle down with a solid girl that is feminine, sweet, attractive, and committed.   This is difficult to find in the good ole USA anymore. 

Looking forward to learning more and seeing if this is something I want to get serious about or not. 

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Hello, looking forward to learning!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »
Get serious about discussing Russian women?

Offline JohnWayne

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »
Yes, I need to learn how this all works before I jump off the cliff!

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:37:42 PM »
Let's first see your John Wayne walk.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »
Hi John. Welcome to RWD. John tell us a little more about yourself. Have you traveled outside the US? Have you been to Europe? Have you been to the FSU? Age range and some generalities of the woman you're looking for?

For instance her education level and occupation? This is important because if she moves to the US she might want to do the same job in the US. If she is a doctor in Russia much of her medical training probably won't be recognized in the US and she'll have to redo most of her medical training and probably some of her premed training at US universities. Very expensive. Same for a lawyer. My wife was a math teacher and had to redo about a year and half of math courses and then did a Msc in math.

Other things to consider. Her religion or lack of. What about children? Will you accept a woman with kids and do you want to have kids with her? Family in the FSU? If she has family in the FSU this means she will want to return home to visit them and will expect you to accompany her. They may come to visit your family in the US. You may end up sending money to her family on a regular basis. This is quite common. Plus bring gifts to them when you visit. Again common.

Another important factor is even if she is fluent in English she will probably still want to speak her language in the US. She might meet people in the US who are fromf her country and will speak her language when they visit. Some AM can't handle the fact that their wife and kids are speaking a language they don't understand in his home. These are just a few things to consider.

Let me give you my opinion on how to approach looking for a wife in the FSU. First off if you only have a couple of weeks of vacation a year you're never going to be able to travel to the FSU to meet a potential wife. Maybe once probably no more. If you do travel to the FSU to meet women you're likely going to do it at least 3 or 4 trips likely much more before meeting someone you click with.

This search is going to be expensive. Being American the cost of the flight to the FSU is much more expensive than if you lived in the UK or the continent. $25,000 or $30,000 at a minimum for 5 trips including flights, hotels, spending money, etc.

When my wife and I moved to the US I had an immigration lawyer do the paperwork from initial entry to naturalization even though I'm a lawyer. It cost about $15,000. Can the average American do the paperwork? Most definitely I know many who have done it and they are not lawyers.

What to know before you go. I always say you should know some of the local language, be it Russian which will be understood by most women in the FSU or Ukrainian which is usually exclusive to Ukraine. Understand that the FSU is a different culture and what works at home might not be acceptable in Russia, Ukraine, etc.

As you may have heard relations between the US government and Russian government are currently not good. I've lived in Russia and am married to a Russian women this doesn't personally bother me and if I needed to go to Russia tomorrow it wouldn't figure in my decision to go however IMO it's something people who have never been to Russia should consider.

Offline JohnWayne

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
DaveNY- thank you, that was very helpful.  Lots of good things to think about. 

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:58:54 PM »
As you may have heard relations between the US government and Russian government are currently not good. I've lived in Russia and am married to a Russian women this doesn't personally bother me and if I needed to go to Russia tomorrow it wouldn't figure in my decision to go however IMO it's something people who have never been to Russia should consider.

Dave, I guess you haven't heard of  Paul Whelan.
You willing to be the next to be used for an exchange?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JohnWayne

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »
The costs associated is a hard pill to swallow for me, and its not because I can't afford it.  Its hard to justify in my mind.  What makes a foreign woman worth that kind of price tag? It seems like a huge risk. 

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:07:11 AM »
John,

The question should be, what makes the right woman worth that price tag?  It's best to try to answer that question yourself.

Of course it's a huge risk.  Relationships are.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 04:17:45 AM »
The costs associated is a hard pill to swallow for me, and its not because I can't afford it.  Its hard to justify in my mind.  What makes a foreign woman worth that kind of price tag? It seems like a huge risk.
Are you buying a prime piece of meat to be thinking about justification? The only money consideration is whether you can afford the costs involved.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 05:15:54 AM »
Dave, I guess you haven't heard of  Paul Whelan.
You willing to be the next to be used for an exchange?

He's a Brit ( too) it seems - dual nationality ....

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 06:41:12 AM »
Daveny well written piece.  Most is true for UK too

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 06:55:07 AM »
Whelan arrest - how it was done

setting: Mockba hotel room

knock! knock!

drasvity! are you “Whelan”?
na, this is for you - hands over USB drive turns around and leaves

soon after, fsb storm troopers arrive

classic....

Marina Butina’s lawyer to Marina - “Marina, you no longer have to testify about 30 million Russian money through NRA to Trump campaign” President Putin is securing your release...

Whelan’s lawyer works for the GRU! 

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »
John Wayne approach this as a life enhancing travel and cultural experience with the possibility of meeting a woman rather than a wife hunting trip and your mind set will be more prepared for the future

Online krimster2

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 08:54:48 AM »
"Let's first see your John Wayne walk."

if he talks the talk...
then he can ride in the saddle however he chooses

john,

when I was your age I was in a relationship with a college student from Kyiv...
a year later, I was married to a 26 yr old Ukrainian village girl
19 yr later, we have 2 teenage children, one leaves for college this fall...

was it "worth it"

YES!!!!!

it's a great adventure, far more rewarding "hunting Russian/Ukrainian fox" than North American Variety
if children aren't your goal, and if loneliness is not your problem
I'd totally recommend that instead of having some sort of domestic relationship
that instead spend a month in Odessa every year with a "playmate"
My Gawd...the time you could have this way...
OTOH, want a family like me?
you CANNOT GO WRONG marryin a Ukrainian village girl!!!!
get a strong robust one
I like em tall and "well endowed" wink, wink...
get em young, takes time to break em in...
you will have to teach them EVERYTHING from driving a car, to writing a check, English lessons
then French and Greek

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:59:03 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GenMish

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »
Welcome John,
I did this 25 years ago, recently divorced, and I have no doubts it was well the costs even paying for my lawyers new car. I have no doubts having her by my side increased my earning capacity with a happy stable homelife. If you still are open to children, they make fantastic mothers. My children turned out wonderful.

Unlike others, my initial costs were low. I made just one trip, was to be introduced to about 10 ladies,  met the perfect one, with 2 or three that could have worked too. My initial costs were less than 5k, we did our own paperwork, and she had her visa in about 6 months. However after she is here, your costs can be substantial depending on the lifestyle you lead(car, clothes, wardrobe, insurance, college). I would encourage someone in their 40s to give it a go. I am in my 50s, and thinking it might not be worth it. Still deciding if I should give it a go.

I tried Ukrainedate for a month, skyped with several ladies in their late 30s, early 40s but none made me want to go out just for them. Two still message me, but one is wrong for me and the other I can tell is downright dangerous. Beautiful Ladies in their 30s might have way too much practice dealing with foreign men. And to visit several meant crisscrossing the country and that wasn't the way I wanted to spend my vacation time last year. But you are in your 40s, which means you can meet some late 20's ladies and like Krimster said, break em in. My hesitation is the ladies I spoke to seemed more broken than broken in

Offline JohnWayne

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 02:14:22 PM »
I don't want any kids, does that present an issue?  Are there girls who are not looking to start families?

Also, is Russia and different than Ukraine as far as the typical female goes? Any cultural differences.  I hear Ukrainians are pretty direct. 

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
In my opinion all are direct.  A factor I like.  Ukranian is a softer language so lends a more gentle acent when they speak Russian. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »
I don't want any kids, does that present an issue?  Are there girls who are not looking to start families?

Also, is Russia and different than Ukraine as far as the typical female goes? Any cultural differences.  I hear Ukrainians are pretty direct.

:welcome:

How come you don't want kids? Do you have some already?

There are probably women out there that don't or can't have kids. Some I get the impression may choose the 'maybe' option on dating sites when the know they don't really want kids, they just know a lot of guys do. Look up the list of dating sites on the sticky thread here to get started. Fdating is not a bad place to start as it's a free dating site so easy to get into.

I so often wonder why US guys go for Eastern Europe and not South American women, its a lot closer so the time & costs will be less. I'm a UK guy so the reverse is true. In general the more time you can have on the ground rather than in the air the better your chances.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 08:04:05 PM »
Good point trench .  Portuguese is an easier language than Russian and it's warmer and the beaches better.  Brazil

Offline ML

Why EE vs South American women
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
I so often wonder why US guys go for Eastern Europe and not South American women . . .

Simple:  Height, weight, body build, color, something other than black hair and brown eyes, absence of body hair, interest in the arts, intellectual bent, academic achievement, religion, chess interest and ability, etc., etc., etc.

Don't give individual examples.  Talking averages and the general situation here.

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »
  Portuguese is an easier language than Russian and it's warmer and the beaches better.  Brazil

As someone who studied Latin, I hear Portuguese and often mistake it for an E.European language - at first ;) It may have been easier for you .. !...

Russia is a nation of extremes .. Ever been to Siberia in the Summer? - it's bloomin' hot and there's plenty of nice river beaches !  ;D

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Why EE vs South American women
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 06:55:49 AM »
Simple:  Height, weight, body build, color, something other than black hair and brown eyes, absence of body hair, interest in the arts, intellectual bent, academic achievement, religion, chess interest and ability, etc., etc., etc.

Don't give individual examples.  Talking averages and the general situation here.

Well put. Thank you ML  :thumbsup:
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:44 AM »
Good point trench .  Portuguese is an easier language than Russian and it's warmer and the beaches better.  Brazil

Thanks James, yeah if I had South America on my doorstep rather then Eastern Europe I know where I would be. Warm beaches in the heart of winter with scantily clad women certainly has its appeal :D and lets face it as we get older visiting in a Russian winter probably doesn't sound too great. That said I find Russian society and its women intriguing thoush I'm sure South America has its intrigues too, a bit of dancing with a smokin hot latino girl is an enticing thought :P 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 04:00:56 AM »

Sure, but a lot of Russian women have black or brown hair so it would be a case of finding a Blonde or Red head if that appeals and while Russia has quite a lot of blondes its kind of pigeon holing the search further so making it potentially a more difficult task.

I know some guys are caught up on skin colour, but there are girls in South America that are pretty fair skin, not quite white but hardly noticeable, in fact they look like they just have a great slight tan. For me it would not be an issue, if a girl is has African black skin then I tend not to be atttractted to them (I have nothing against black people at all) or anywhere near that. If its a slightly different skin tone then it is no problem for me. I kind of get the impression that a lot of US guys get overly caught up on the girls skin tone being slightly different when rejecting South American women. For me though I would'nt find it worth the the long hours extra journeying to the FSU over something like that.

I don't know about body hair on a South American woman, I assume it is in the usual places, under the arms and between the legs?

The rest I would not be too concerned about, I'm not after creating an intellectual egg head, I believe there is something to be said for emotional inteeligence and vibrancy that I think South American girls can have. So I would say on balance what you lose on one hand you gain on the other so if I was an American guy I think South America would be where I would haed first. Just a dam sight cheaper and easier by the looks of it and for John Wayne (OP) I hear they are fiercely loyal as well (remembering what Rod who was a forum member on here from Brazil) so as long as you don't cross them either then alls well :) 

Offline LAman

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 04:13:45 AM »

Where's the ML I used to know??? Who preached only 2 reasons...... Younger and slimmer than at home!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline GenMish

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »

Where's the ML I used to know??? Who preached only 2 reasons...... Younger and slimmer than at home!

Those two might be the initial attraction, but I understand ML after years of marriage. After time I was able to understand how much more fulfilling a relationship is with a FSU woman over an American one. For me it was so much nicer to be with a lady that is interested in the Opera, Ballet, Fashion, Fine Literature and Classical Music than the MTV crazed US counterparts that slobbed around in sweatshirts. As for South America, it wasn't even on my radar as I knew I could get a top of the line FSU Lady with my alternative being an American lady

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »
>>>I so often wonder why US guys go for Eastern Europe and not South American women, its a lot closer so the time & costs will be less. I'm a UK guy so the reverse is true. In general the more time you can have on the ground rather than in the air the better your chances.

Even at the peak of the FSU-based MOB, it didn't even come close to the number of Asian & South American-based MOB. The vast majority on MOB marriages have always been, and still is, mostly from Asia and South America.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1901
Total: 1912

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM