It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My Ukrainian girlfriend  (Read 13165 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: My Ukrainian girlfriend
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 01:49:16 PM »
Hello new here
I was dating a beautiful woman from the Ukraine for about 3 months I that has been in the USA for 6 years and has her citizenship.
I was very much fond of her but she would never show any real feelings for me and acted cold and distant. When she would come to my house she always brought a gift. Maybe that is how she was trying to show feeling I don't know. But it became hard to try and guess what her ambitions were and we broke up. And after a few weeks apart it seems Maybe a chance of getting back together.  Is this normal for women if her culture to be distant? I really want this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Prhodes-

I read through your posts and that of the peanut gallery. A huge deal of my frustration in fora such as this is when people try to compartmentalize bad and/or strange behaviors to such things as 'culture'.

If I try to summarize your situation based solely on what you wrote here, you hooked up with a woman who you felt is in a relationship with you. She brings you gift, spends time (likely stays over and have mind numbing sex (I'm assuming this though you never really said it) with you, etc...

But you feel incomplete because she seem secretive, guarded and at times, removed from your belief that a relationship exist between the two of you. Then you start to speculate it's gotta be her culture..

LMAO! Are sure it isn't your (personal) culture?

One perspective of course is, you're getting 'laid', getting company of a PYT, receiving gifts, etc...life can be worse, bro. What's the problem then?

Ahhh...she isn't giving/doing what you expect her to give/do despite the grab bag of goodies you already are getting from her.

Why men pushes the relationship envelop when they're already getting the cows milk is beyond me. Always has. Donna_Pedro would (have said) say: You want a relationship? Get a toaster!

Now if I took away the mind-numbing sex away from the equation, and that is exactly what you're longing for, then let me just say, *hard on the pedal*. Turnaround and RUN!

Listen, Mongolian women, like Martians, are above and foremost - WOMEN. If there's a woman out there that is not completing the *you* in you, then regardless of culture - she ain't for you. Horny women will screw your brains out. A woman in love will screw your brains out and sux you dry, too. Then will make sure she'll be there when you're sick and in need of attention. But this dynamic is FWIW, mutual.

Take the sex and do away with sentimentalities and out with the silly sensibilities. Trust me. Do that and women will gravitate towards you even more. This is primo that men never seem to understand.

Good luck! Life isn't a drama unless you make it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:53:36 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Prhodes

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2021, 02:30:36 PM »
Damn...you opened my eyes. Ill make lemonade out of the lemon. Pluss give it some time. And I'll stop blaming it on her culture. She has been here 6 years and knows the ways of American men.
Thanks a million.
Smart beautiful women have that effect on men.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 02:32:59 PM »
Hello new here
I was dating a beautiful woman from the Ukraine for about 3 months I that has been in the USA for 6 years and has her citizenship.
I was very much fond of her but she would never show any real feelings for me and acted cold and distant. When she would come to my house she always brought a gift. Maybe that is how she was trying to show feeling I don't know. But it became hard to try and guess what her ambitions were and we broke up. And after a few weeks apart it seems Maybe a chance of getting back together.  Is this normal for women if her culture to be distant? I really want this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:welcome: I guess what you are trying to say here is that she is Ukrainian by birth and had lived there most of her life but came to the US 6 years ago but you've only been dating her for 3 months of the 6 years that she has been in US.

So I'm guessing odds are she came into the country by marrying another US guy. That would be the most commonest way as far as I am aware. If so then she broke up with him, divorced or still married? Most usually divorce but I think you need to ask some questions to her about this if you haven't already before going further. A few years ago I was messaging a girl in Lviv, Ukraine. She had been married to a guy in the US but he divorced her. She alleged to me that he was carrying on with other women, etc but either side might have their version of the truth. Anyway, she didn't have enough time etc in the US to get her Green Card so bye, bye to the US for her and straight back to the country she no doubt loved lol.

Anyway, I think you need to know a lot more about this girl before getting in deep. I would say trust your instincts, I would say if something doesn't feel right then it probably isn't. Don't let yourself be taken in by her good looks and ignore getting to know her. At this point it sounds like you are in the dark and there could be a lot else going on. Normally beautiful woman that are model attractive aren't usually just left floating around, that is if she is that beautiful though.

On the face of it, the lack of emotion is not a good sign so I don't see a positive outcome as likely. Main thing is to not to get used, burned or otherwise in the process. I personally don't think she sees you as a long term relationship prospect but in some other way that probably won't suit the outlook you want the relationship to have. Definitely ask her direct probing questions though I think.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:43:20 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 02:51:42 PM »
When I first met her all kinds of bells and whistles were going off and I had a lot of speculation "american tv" telling us that rusdian brides are a scam. But she was upfront with me about her marriage and divorce. I did check it out..matter of public record.
Basically someone made some money for their time.

And I have seen her american passport and I am no rich oil tycoon.  😀
To tell you the truth I didn't think she looked that great when I met her but all it took was a great haircut and her cute accent to win my heart. So I'll give it another go and take it slower this time and maybe se will open up a little. If not I think I can live with it now being away from her for a while. I guess a quiet girlfriend is better than no girlfriend.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2021, 03:26:10 PM »
When I first met her all kinds of bells and whistles were going off and I had a lot of speculation "american tv" telling us that rusdian brides are a scam. But she was upfront with me about her marriage and divorce. I did check it out..matter of public record.

And I have seen her american passport and I am no rich oil tycoon.  😀
To tell you the truth I didn't think she looked that great when I met her but all it took was a great haircut and her cute accent to win my heart.
So I'll give it another go and take it slower this time and maybe se will open up a little. If not I think I can live with it now being away from her for a while. I guess a quiet girlfriend is better than no girlfriend.

Which brings me to the question, what does she want you for? It may be not something negative, it could be straight up but all sorts could be going on. There's also the question of why she divorced? Even hearing her side may tell you something. Some people just don't get on or it doesn't work out but often I think divorces can be a warning sign of potential problems that may make it hard being into a relationship with her as often there is a reason and what affects one relationship may also be an issue that affects another relationship.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »
It wasn't a real marriage if you know what I mean.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2021, 03:34:28 PM »
It wasn't a real marriage if you know what I mean.

Ahhh... I see what you mean, I'm not really sure whether that is a plus or minus though as no experience there. I guess it removes the issue problem I spoke about in real marriages falling apart. Perhaps other forum members know more on this?

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2021, 04:38:25 PM »
The woman you’ve been dating is the same as my friends wife, who’s not a FSU woman. It might have nothing to do with her heritage, it’s probably just her individual personality.

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2021, 04:56:19 PM »

Donna_Pedro would (have said) say: You want a relationship? Get a toaster!

Donna Pedro wrote:  You want a warranty/guarantee?  Get a toaster?

It was advice to different types of men;  1) those who were reluctant to get on a plane because of fear of striking out, 2) those who complained about travelling and still not finding a wife, and 3) those demanding a strict prenup. 

Our Prhodes is none of them.   

BTW, for new members, Donna Pedro was from Moscow, married to an American man, and not reticent  (so much for stereotyping culture). 

Offline Steamer

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 07:19:22 PM »
I was very much fond of her but she would never show any real feelings for me and acted cold and distant.

RU/W I've known generally play their cards close to their chest. They won't spill their life story right away, it comes in dribs and drabs. Try not to be too pushy about a relationship, it can come off as 'needy'. They have a saying that you should 'Hold yourself in your Hands' in other words control your emotions.

Welcome and good luck!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:22:02 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 11:28:21 PM »
she was upfront with me about her marriage and divorce. I did check it out..matter of public record.

I have no problem with people wanting a better life even when they do something illegal to obtain it. If she paid cash for her green card, she may not be a bad person. If she paid by sleeping with the person who helped her, you may want to question her character. Some people are fun but they aren't marriage material.

Most of the dating I did with FSU women happened in America. I dated a Belarusian gal. After the first date she may have thought I wasn't somebody she wanted to marry but she liked me enough to make a proposal. When I called her for a second date, she got to the point. She said she doesn't care about eating out and entertainment. She asked that the money for those things go to her and in exchange, she'd sleep with me. She said she needed the money to get through college.

I dated a Russian gal for awhile and we were intimate. One day while eating at a restaurant, she asked if I wanted to marry her daughter who was going to college in Russia. I know she wanted her daughter to be close to her in America. I told her I'd only marry someone for love. I did not sleep with the daughter but there was another situation where I was involved with mother and daughter at different times.

I have told many of my experiences on this forum and I love FSU women and the experience I had. I would've never had these experiences with American women. I've been hammered hard on this forum for some of the things I did, none of them illegal but it would cross the line for those that criticized me. Because some posters were very upset, I did not tell all of my experiences because some people definitely wouldn't be able to handle it. If your woman is a good woman although different than what you're used to and you can handle the relationship properly, you'll have a blast. Being a strong man is good. Being insecure is not good.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »
It was the other way around. She funded him. But lived with her parents. I'm thinking if it doesn't work out that wouldn't be such a bad deal.. :D

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2021, 11:37:38 PM »
I guess I should have mentioned she is in her early 50's so she is no spring chicken. None the less she is beautiful to me.

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2021, 11:43:38 PM »
And the way I see it right this moment they are doing catch and release on our southern border with thousands of illegal immigrants.  What she did might not be ethical but she did the time and and went through the proper process.

Offline Gator

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2021, 07:30:46 AM »
I guess I should have mentioned she is in her early 50's so she is no spring chicken. None the less she is beautiful to me.

I have much experience with women in their 50s.  It is a period when many reimagine their future, particularly if they are becoming empty nesters.   Some seek more fun, some seek security, some simply seek something dramatically different ......... in other words, a brand new life.   

It is more profound and comprehensive than a man buying a red sports car in his midlife crisis.  Such women will take their sweet time.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 07:33:36 AM by Gator »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2021, 08:18:48 AM »
Some very direct piece of advice.Stop acting needy and clinging to het. To date an FSU woman, you need to be the man.You take the decision, do not ask her to take them.But if she suggests something, take the decision that follows her suggestion.

No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2021, 09:28:04 AM »
I am fairly lost in this story.

Her parents came to USA 20 years ago to flee the mafia; but this woman did not come with them ?

Her parents fled the Russian mafia; but she is our OP's Ukrainian girlfriend ?

This woman has been in USA for 6 years and has USA citizenship ?

She paid a man with USA citizenship to marry her so she could get here and obtain residency ?

She has wild sex with our OP . . . but from some distance ?

Am I reading everything correctly ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:29:56 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »
I am fairly lost in this story.

Her parents came to USA 20 years ago to flee the mafia; but this woman did not come with them ?

Her parents fled the Russian mafia; but she is our OP's Ukrainian girlfriend ?

This woman has been in USA for 6 years and has USA citizenship ?

She paid a man with USA citizenship to marry her so she could get here and obtain residency ?

She has wild sex with our OP . . . but from some distance ?

Am I reading everything correctly ?
You forgot that they broke up and will have dinner together soon.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Prhodes

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2022, 07:42:52 PM »
Guess I should have followed up a long time ago. So turns out the parents she lives with are In laws and she came here with her daughter, being there grand daughter. She did not like the states and returned to Ukraine and the mother stayed.

So we tried to date several times but it was impossible because I wasn't her only boyfriend and she was very self centered. I would imagine even narcissistic. She always stated I was the caustic one but all I tried to do was love her and treat her with respect.

She now us back with her original boyfriend and probably others. Wich is a shame because I really liked her.

So there you have it they simulate to the ways of American women eventually. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 07:46:29 PM by Prhodes »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2022, 07:57:13 PM »
She's 50.
I believe the odds westernization had anything to do with her character or behavior are slim.

Most likely ,she is who she is,and its quite possible she had no intentions of a long term relationship with you( or perhaps  anyone) at this specific  time in her life.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2022, 06:09:46 PM »
  I think I pushed her to quickly for commitment and she felt like I was pushing her too fast.  Guess time will tell.
Thank you

Necroressurection... OP is long gone but for anyone finding and perusing the thread:

Don't push her at all. In fact -- You don't even bring the topic up ---- EVER.
That's her job. A woman will come to you at her own pace and she'll bring up the relationship stuff as she grows closer to you. You simply make the dates, lead the fun, and put the moves on her. If you do that and ONLY that, she'll be talking about the relationship like clockwork. A woman bringing up the "relationship" doesn't need to be pressured or talked into one. She's already in it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:11:40 PM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM