It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Traveling to Ukraine at this time  (Read 23761 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Traveling to Ukraine at this time
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2021, 04:23:41 PM »
Best to check out the entry requirements online.

Apparently today's news, the EU has opened its borders to Ukrainian citizens again:

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-includes-ukraine-to-the-list-of-epidemiologically-safe-countries-removes-rwanda-thailand/

Like you say JG probably best to check for each nation online as well as specifics may vary between EU member states.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »
Flying with a budget carrier as that was the best direct flight. First time flying with Wizzair so fingers crossed that nothing untoward occurs.

Always wanted to fly with Wizzair, they employ a lot of hot young female air stewardesses. Can't think of how anything untoward might occur.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2021, 11:32:28 PM »
Enjoy your vacation, JG.

I thought comment on these current travel restrictions. I fully understand the merit of travelers getting tested to/fro, but find it mystifying when they offer an option, in lieu of, showing vaccination certificate.

Being vaccinated doesn’t render you infection-free. A vaccinated person is as much a carrier as an unvaccinated one
Not entirely risk free but also depends on the vaccine taken.
Life has to go on. Can’t live in silos forever.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2021, 11:35:54 PM »
Always wanted to fly with Wizzair, they employ a lot of hot young female air stewardesses. Can't think of how anything untoward might occur.
I don’t know about the hotness of their cabin crew but there have been some reported bad reviews of their customer service and reliability so will wait and see. Plus they charge you extra for just about everything.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:38 AM »
Can someone translate that [in the bold] for us dumbass yanks who have never heard that one before?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
Can someone translate that [in the bold] for us dumbass yanks who have never heard that one before?

Unexpected and inappropriate or inconvenient.

I have heard untoward a few times over the years, but it is not common in USA.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2021, 02:16:39 AM »
Unexpected and inappropriate or inconvenient.

I have heard untoward a few times over the years, but it is not common in USA.

It's not that common a term in the UK either, I assume here it's a well enough understood term just that you don't hear it said a lot. Possibly it's spoken a little more than in the US though.

I've used Ryanair before another budget airline, it was ok, seats are a bit cramped and they were selling scratch cards which I thought was kind of tacky. One flight left more than an hour late apparently due to bad weather in Krakow, the return flight was on time though as was the time I used it to go to Kiev both ways.

I kind of regard budget airlines as a bus or train journey, you just sit in your seat for 2-3 hours and your there as in its just there to take you to where you want to go. Never really seem the point of having to serve everyone meals on short flights like that it's all a bit unnecessary really in my opinion. Some people like a lot of fuss over what would otherwise be simple operations I tend to find.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2021, 11:20:59 PM »
Off to the airport in 45 min. Wizzair uses Zhuliany so it’s only a short trek there and not Boryspil.
2hr30 min flight and we shall be in Athens.
I have a nice Airbnb arranged in Athens and then we go to one of the islands for a few days where I have booked a lovely mountaintop villa with pool.
Looking forward to some Bougasta and octopus.

I had to complete a PLF for entry to Greece and have received the QR code which gives the airline the ok to carry.
So all set.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2021, 06:00:55 AM »
Anyone know if the Restaurants and Cafes are open in Kiev?

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2021, 03:55:49 AM »
Anyone know if the Restaurants and Cafes are open in Kiev?
Everything is open.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2021, 07:00:26 AM »
Everything is open.

Ah good to hear, I'm surprised though that their official figures for virus infections are so low though. Surely their virus figures can't be correct? A lot of their population is still unvaccinated.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2021, 08:11:41 AM »
Got back from Greece last night.
Had a great time in Athens and then the islands.
Weather was gorgeous, a bit hot and I caught the sun a bit quad biking around.
We had a fantastic meal in Athens at a restaurant slightly away from the touristy part which was full  of locals. The food was top notch and for two if us came to €60 including drinks and tip. No dessert as we were too full.

The flight from Kiev IEV was full. The 2 1/2 hr flight was uneventful, a little turbulence and wind shear on the final approach but it’s a spectacular run in.
We were on our guard for the pickpockets etc but the metro was quiet. Still, worth taking precautions.
Some lovely sights to behold. TC, you would enjoy yourself but being Athens, maybe a bit on the pricey side for you to visit.
Returning back, the airport at Athens was busy. Lots of brits heading home.
The flight was full again.
Getting a taxi late night at IEV was a pain. We booked on Bolt but the driver wasn’t moving for ages and wouldn’t respond to calls so we dumped him and booked another so a good half hour to get a ride.
No issues at passport control. Just the vacc. cert and insurance and stamped in.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2021, 12:58:20 AM »
Last day in Kyiv. Will be leaving tomorrow after almost a month here. It’s been a great trip, done a lot of travelling. The weather has been pretty good.
Not sure when I’ll be back in Kyiv again but maybe in the winter.
For all you intrepid travellers out there, stay safe.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701