It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Putin taunts US saying their world dominance is ‘OVER’  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Putin taunts US saying their world dominance is ‘OVER’
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2021, 03:37:28 PM »
Whether the Chinese live in squalor or not is irrelevant to global climate change.  They were given a free pass.  I just read that 50% of climate change is caused by 25 cities, and 23 of those cities are in China.  Why should China get a pass on global warming?

China is not "living in squalor".   Further, people living in squalor don't cause a lot of global warming.

The US has reduced greenhouse gas emissions, but it also was disproportionately responsible for them.

As for NATO, what I am saying is that it exists, and is disproportionately funded by the US, for a reason.  The US isn't in the habit of doing things globally out of the goodness of its heart.  No country is.  They all act in their own best interests.  If NATO still exists and is funded the way it is funded, there is a reason for that.

I doubt Biden is any more compromised than was Trump. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
Biden is compromised.

Boe is exactly right, there was Kompromat against Trump. The way Trump handled himself with Putin was embarrassing and un-American. Taking Putin's side over our own intel workers was a disgrace.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51:17 PM »
Whether the Chinese live in squalor or not is irrelevant to global climate change. I doubt Biden is any more compromised than was Trump.
The way Trump handled himself with Putin was embarrassing and un-American. 
I'm confused. Is this the climate change thread or a revival of the 5 year long Trump doctrine thread?
Reminded that the Biden doctrine thread didn't hardly last 5 months because [why?] it was ....political?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2021, 09:00:05 AM »
The US has reduced greenhouse gas emissions, but it also was disproportionately responsible for them.

We reduced them by more than any other nation.

My original point is that lefty politicians agree to one sided deals that benefit everyone
more than the USA. You asked to give examples, so I did.

As for NATO, what I am saying is that it exists, and is disproportionately funded by the US, for a reason.  The US isn't in the habit of doing things globally out of the goodness of its heart.  No country is.  They all act in their own best interests.  If NATO still exists and is funded the way it is funded, there is a reason for that.

That's a totally circular argument. The USA deal is beneficial to the USA because that's
why they made the deal.

I said that Lefty's make deals that benefit others more than the USA or something to that
effect. You asked me to name some so I did. You agree that the USA funds NATO in a one
sided way.

I doubt Biden is any more compromised than was Trump.

My point is about Putin having leverage over Biden because of his corruption with
Russians. Trump was investigated and nothing was found. Biden is more compromised.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »
My point is about Putin having leverage over Biden because of his corruption with
Russians. Trump was investigated and nothing was found. Biden is more compromised.

Biden is not compromised.

Meanwhile -

The supposed leak obtained by The Guardian reportedly claims that President Vladimir Putin personally approved a nefarious plan to throw Russia’s support behind Trump’s 2016 campaign. The document states that Putin, his spy chiefs, and top ministers agreed that a victory for a “mentally unstable” Trump would permanently weaken the United States.

The document also reportedly states that the Kremlin has so-called kompromat—or damaging intelligence—on Trump. It cryptically refers to “certain events” that happened during “non-official visits to Russian Federation territory.” The purported leak doesn’t explain what those events involved—only referring to an appendix that wasn’t attached the obtained document.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/kremlin-leak-appears-confirm-existence-103305577.html

It's not the best evidence but something to consider.

Which agency investigated Trump? Same question for Biden.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:22:08 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Boethius

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2021, 11:39:04 AM »
I'm confused. Is this the climate change thread or a revival of the 5 year long Trump doctrine thread?
Reminded that the Biden doctrine thread didn't hardly last 5 months because [why?] it was ....political?

I just answer what's posted.  But my comment wasn't really about Biden, per se.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 11:46:10 AM »
We reduced them by more than any other nation.

My original point is that lefty politicians agree to one sided deals that benefit everyone more than the USA. You asked to give examples, so I did.

The US's Kyoto commitments are not greater than those of other nations.  The EU for example, has a commitment to reduce carbon by 40%, as opposed to 26-28% for the US.

That's a totally circular argument. The USA deal is beneficial to the USA because that's why they made the deal.

I said that Lefty's make deals that benefit others more than the USA or something to that effect. You asked me to name some so I did. You agree that the USA funds NATO in a one sided way.

But the US doesn't make deals that benefit others more than the US.  NATO was established primarily to benefit the US, and did so for most of its history.

My point is about Putin having leverage over Biden because of his corruption with Russians. Trump was investigated and nothing was found. Biden is more compromised.

There's an article in The Guardian today about a leak of Russian documents which suggest the Russians wanted to aid Trump in his election bid, and had kompromat on him.  (ETA - just read mhr7's post.  Here's a link to The Guardian article - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house). 

Trump was doing business in the USSR.  He has shady dealings with dozens of Russian oligarchs.  There is absolutely no way he is not compromised, at the very least, in money laundering via sales of real estate.  No Westerner who is clean did deals in the USSR did so with clean hands.  Not one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:47:46 AM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3131
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3121
Total: 3131

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Today at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill