It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243517 times)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Photo Guy,
   The article shows that through a series of shell companies, (even Burisma is actually just another shell company),  Ihor Kolomoisky who is Ukraine’s 2nd richest oligarch is the actual owner of Burisma Holdings Ltd, and thereby controls the Donetsk shale fields, if you follow the trajectory of the company, the next phase is international fund raising, this is where Archer and Biden come in to play via Rosemont Seneca and Rosemont Realty.  They’re the fig leaf being placed over the corruption for the sake of investors.  They’re just tools and not principles, this is not an American conspiracy, but just business as usual in Ukraine.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
Burisma Holdings Ltd. was formally owned by  Mr. Zlochewsky, a citizen of Ukraine and
under Yanukovych was Ukraine’s environmental minister (I bet drilling permits were easy to get!)

However Burisma later rather mysteriously changed ownership to Ihor Kolomoisky, the #2 oligarch in Ukraine, my belief is that Archer/Biden are there as a fig leaf to help raise international investment funds for Burisma.

A fascinating article for you to read at The AntiCorruption Action Center

http://antac.org.ua/en/2012/08/kings-of-ukrainian-gas/

So don’t worry, Donetsk shale gas isn’t an American project at all, in fact there’s even a chance it could all be a scam

Thanks for shedding further light on this issue.  Having Biden's son and Kerry's people right there in the middle of things, has been reported, but not widely..and I imagine that is how our 'representatives' in the states want it. 

Fathertime!   

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
...and thereby controls the Donetsk shale fields, if you follow the trajectory of the company, the next phase is international fund raising, this is where Archer and Biden come in to play via Rosemont Seneca and Rosemont Realty.  They’re the fig leaf being placed over the corruption for the sake of investors.  They’re just tools and not principles, this is not an American conspiracy, but just business as usual in Ukraine....

I had commented about this here not too long ago.

First of all, drillings and exploratory is not an industry that require *investors* outside of the oil/gas companies like Royal Dutch, BP, Chevron etc...those guys have enough money to do all what's necessary to harvest these products. So the placement of Biden/Archer et al is not about finding investors.

Royal Dutch -Shell/BP had been trying to find a way from reneging on it's contract with Ukraine. They cited various reasons to get out of this agreement. From Ukraine not being able to furnish specified metals for piping and tubing required for the fracking process, and/or the latest murmur that the Kiev government was behind the downing of MH17.

In addition to these, the biggest factor is the fact *fracking* had proved unprofitable for Royal Dutch. This is largely also the reason why they moved away from the NA sites since their ledgers had been reporting a downward spiral in their fracking production in the US.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/23959-shell-continues-divestitures/

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Real-Reason-Shell-Halted-Its-Ukrainian-Shale-Operations.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2014/0620/Ukraine-crisis-Why-Shell-put-shale-projects-on-hold

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2014/06/25/71409/

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2014/06/24/chevron-cancels-bulgaria-fracking-shell-postpones-ukraine-plans/

Chevron-Exxon, too had been lobbying cancelling and postponing any further drilling in Ukraine.

In Belgium earlier this year, Obama tried to comfort the EU's concerns about these latest development but had largely fell on deaf ears to the point, as one reportedly coined the summit, made more of a mockery of Obama's now obvious cluelessness and hypocricy.

...Apart from selling shale gas this week in Europe, the American President also tried to sell a bit of NATO membership upgrades. Obama last Wednesday also met NATO top representatives and he stressed that NATO is the most important organisation for the US national security. He also encouraged a more ‘active’ contribution of European member states to NATO. “Everybody’s going to have to make sure they’re engaged and involved, and I think that will help build confidence in some of those border states”, the American President said. Moreover, referring to the Russian threat he added that all NATO members will have utmost protection. However, as the American President puts it very clearly, “freedom isn’t free”, referring to the great need of the EU to ‘chip in’ further.

All in all, Crimea is just a “wicked game of political chess’, but in fact what is behind is pure business. Call it TTIP, NATO contributions or Shale Gas, the message is more than clear; Putin has been a bad boy, let’s isolate him temporarily economically, show to the world that we are too sensitive for freedom and engage further into better economical relations between the EU and the US. And don’t get me wrong; Crimea annexation is preposterous and illegal, we need to support Ukraine as European country out of this mess, but the way the whole thing is being served by Presidents and Commissioners is way too blunt and populist. We do show empathy to Ukraine and how a part of it is stolen by Russia but at the same time we are not stupid to see exactly how the whole issue is being sold to us in order to ‘swallow’ the TTIP pill easier.

http://europeansting.com/2014/03/28/obama-crimea-and-the-ttip-pill/

Yes, even the Malaysian press are convinced the Kiev government downed MH17, one which the US is held with complicity and should be held accountable for as much as they should also be responsible for arming these bastards!

http://news.msn.com/world/islamic-state-beheads-crucifies-in-push-for-syrias-east

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:54:36 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
My view of the war
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
GQBlues:

seriously? Your first two links are by the same author.  Igor Alexeev is a Russian “journalist”, you know the kind that works at the “Ministry of Truth and Information” in Moscow.  EVERY article he’s ever written is anti-shale, anti-Ukrainian and pro-Russian, so any exclamation from him is nothing but Kremlin propaganda.  Your third link (though now outdated) simply reinforces what I’ve already mentioned in regards to Burisma Holdings Ltd. being formerly owned by Ukraine’s minister of environment, but this shell company has since been traded to Ihor Kolomoisky, Ukraine’s #2 oligarch, your fourth link sums up with, “clashes between government forces and pro-Russian militias have caused Shell to reconsider, not least because Shell has other lucrative energy deals in Russia”, well, duhhhhhh.....  your fifth link by an outfit called “europeansting” is an opinion piece by a blogger who likes to write things like, “The US led confrontation of the West with Russia has just generated the first tangible and sizeable losses for Europe.”

Sorry, but if objective journalism was dynamite, your links wouldn’t contain enough of it to blow your nose!

In regards to your claim that Burisma does not require outside investment, you need to read their own web site:

http://burisma.com

f“Burisma aims to become the leading independent natural gas producer in Ukraine...”  and finally if Mr. Archer is not at Burisma as an outside investment advisor then why is he publishing an article about Burisma in InvestGazeta, #16, 2014

“Ukrainian market is one of the most talked about markets in the American financial circles. Together with my partners at Rosemont Seneca Partners we studied different investment opportunities in Ukraine. Gas production is the priority. Now is a very good time for structuring assets and building qualitatively new business.

OK????  This is EXACTLY why he's at Burisma.

P.S. your comment about Kiev downing MH-17 is beneath being absurd. 

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:12 PM »
GQBlues:

seriously? Your first two links are by the same author.  Igor Alexeev is a Russian “journalist”, you know the kind that works at the “Ministry of Truth and Information” in Moscow.  EVERY article he’s ever written is anti-shale, anti-Ukrainian and pro-Russian, so any exclamation from him is nothing but Kremlin propaganda.  Your third link (though now outdated) simply reinforces what I’ve already mentioned in regards to Burisma Holdings Ltd. being formerly owned by Ukraine’s minister of environment, but this shell company has since been traded to Ihor Kolomoisky, Ukraine’s #2 oligarch, your fourth link sums up with, “clashes between government forces and pro-Russian militias have caused Shell to reconsider, not least because Shell has other lucrative energy deals in Russia”, well, duhhhhhh.....

Which part of Shell US market divestitures is untrue krimster? Did you even read the article? It's written by Michael Kaufman.

If Igor Alexeev is crackpot, why would Christian Science Monitor AND OilPrice carry his material? Maybe you ought to let those guys know what you know. If I had to choose between YOU and those publishers for credibility, well, that's a SLAAAMM DUNK!

While Chevron commented with plans in continuing drilling exploratory work in Ukraine, their site is located in western Ukraine. Exxon-Mobil suspended all talks with the Ukrainian government last March and had since decided to do their exploration in the Black Sea. Chevron's move is nothing more than a futile diplomatic gesture, IMHO.

Tell me these guys are drilling in Bulgaria, Poland and Lithuania. No war going on in those places.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22459629

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jul/30/ec-serves-notice-to-poland-over-shale-gas-defiance

...  your fifth link by an outfit called “europeansting” is an opinion piece by a blogger who likes to write things like, “The US led confrontation of the West with Russia has just generated the first tangible and sizeable losses for Europe.” ...

LOL. I did say *as  one reportedly coined* no? Beyond that, here's the nice video of the summit, with transcripts to boot. You'll find not much changed from the reporter's take.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4488181/president-obama-discusses-t-tip-eu-leaders

Now if it'll please you any, getother reporter's *opinion* of what and how they thought that summit resulted as far as the Europeans leaders are concerned. LOL.

...Sorry, but if objective journalism was dynamite, your links wouldn’t contain enough of it to blow your nose!..

Don't hold it too close then. I have been saying all along 'energy' had been one of the factors that had led to a lot of the mess in Ukraine. Unfortunately, reporting 'deposits' of gas isn't always a guarantee they will find it there once they start the drills, nor will it yield what they thought it should.

...In regards to your claim that Burisma does not require outside investment, you need to read their own web site:

http://burisma.com

f“Burisma aims to become the leading independent natural gas producer in Ukraine...”  and finally if Mr. Archer is not at Burisma as an outside investment advisor then why is he publishing an article about Burisma in InvestGazeta, #16, 2014 ...

LMAO!

If Burisma held the production rights for whatever gas they think they can produce, Chevron/Shell/Exxon-Mobil/BP et al are the ones who actually does the work, thus they get a huge chunk of whatever comes out of those wells. Those companies don't need investors. That's what I'm saying. And if recent historical fiscal reports remain consistent, the profitability of fracking production is likely going to be wishful thinking.

...“Ukrainian market is one of the most talked about markets in the American financial circles. Together with my partners at Rosemont Seneca Partners we studied different investment opportunities in Ukraine. Gas production is the priority. Now is a very good time for structuring assets and building qualitatively new business.

OK????  This is EXACTLY why he's at Burisma....

Yup, it's a shell alright. Which makes Burisma and the appearance of Hunter Biden & the gang are in fact unethical in the least, complicit at the worst.  ;) I'll bet you 2 cents if any, the *investors* will be mostly Americans. If so, it's silly to even say this *war* isn't an American complicity*. I bet Halliburton is not too far behind either, no? Maybe a few banks, etc...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/with-stakes-in-ukraine-us-companies-hope-for-stability/

You sure this isn't an American design?

...P.S. your comment about Kiev downing MH-17 is beneath being absurd...

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you believe *unclassified* Digital Globe satellite images or YouTube evidences you've subscribe to thus far are not? LMAO! If you have any *evidence* you'd like to share with our US intelligence that'll settle this unfortunate mass homicide once and for all, you might want to send it to them so they can just stop this entire charade. Know what I mean?

The Black boxes audio tape had been available for a while now, why hasn't it been made public? Any explosion can be recorded and heard, just as any noises that happened seconds before that plane went down.

I'll bet you another 2 cents that had those boxes contain panicked pilot voice screaming, "OMG! It looks like a Russian provided missile fired by the rebels and it's about to hit us! AAAHHH! then BOOM!". It'd be on every YOUTUBE video and western media news, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:02:31 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
You write A LOT on this forum on these threads but you mock those that contribute as well.  Maybe you are special, do you have anyone that you know friend or family involved in this war?  Because that is what this thread is about not more politics or the sake of politics

Online krimster2

• He/Him
My view of the war
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2014, 07:12:05 PM »
I made no comment in regards to Shell’s divestiture of Haynesville Shale in the US,  but if you think that this is an indication that shale is worthless, then consider that Shell’s 50% lease rights on 350,000 acres is being sold for $1.2 billion, and of course, as of last year Haynesville Shale produces nearly 10% of all natural gas produced in the USA, both of these facts seem to undermine your thesis that shale, and Ukrainian shale won’t pay and so is not worth investing in.

“If Igor Alexeev is crackpot, why would Christian Science Monitor...”
I didn’t say he was a crackpot, I said he was a pro-Kremlin Russian journalist who lives in Moscow, and who writes pro-Kremlin articles and these statements are 100% true, which is 100% truer than anything he’s ever written.

“If Burisma held the production rights for whatever gas they think they can produce, Chevron/Shell/Exxon-Mobil/BP et al are the ones who actually does the work, thus they get a huge chunk of whatever comes out of those wells. Those companies don't need investors.”

All of the companies you just mentioned have huge investments in Russia and would not like
them to be sized by Putin, they’re going to stay out of Ukraine, someone else will get to play
providing Russia doesn’t invade Eastern Ukraine some time in the next few weeks.

If Burisma was just going to hold the leases and auction them off they wouldn’t need Archer and Biden, so they’re going into production, again read their web site, and yes it COULD all be a scam, because it is Ukraine and Ihor Kolomoisky is kind of a shady character...

So, have you ever worked in Lubayanka, just curious tovarisch?

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:54 PM »
Krimster-

...I made no comment in regards to Shell’s divestiture of Haynesville Shale in the US,  but if you think that this is an indication that shale is worthless, then consider that Shell’s 50% lease rights on 350,000 acres is being sold for $1.2 billion, and of course, as of last year Haynesville Shale produces nearly 10% of all natural gas produced in the USA, both of these facts seem to undermine your thesis that shale, and Ukrainian shale won’t pay and so is not worth investing in...

The wells are considered 'dry' by the company. That's why they're divesting their assets, including the lease rights, to minimize further losses in that sector. Fracking is a hit or miss proposition. Some areas can prove that the deposits bear plenty enough to more than justify the *costs* associated to such an undertaking. In Shell's situation in Haynesville, that isn't so. Expending that much capital can be better spent in places like Marcellus, where production far exceeds outlay.

As for 1.2 billion 'fire sale' of the lease rights, don't be misled by the numbers. Shell isn't stupid enough to let go of an area that yields enough gas to be a 'profitable venture'. Just to give you an example, prior to the financial meltdown, one of my clients Lennar Homes, acquired Newhall Land of Valencia and in doing so it acquired approximately 6,000 acres of land north of the LA Basin. The price, 1 billion dollars.

With Shell's situation, that's 350,000 acres. In short, $3.83/SF v $ 0.08/SF. I understand this are 2 different industries, but acquiring 'drilling lease rights' for that price is a bargain and there's a damned good reason for that.

...I didn’t say he was a crackpot, I said he was a pro-Kremlin Russian journalist who lives in Moscow, and who writes pro-Kremlin articles and these statements are 100% true, which is 100% truer than anything he’s ever written...

Previous reply still applicable.

...All of the companies you just mentioned have huge investments in Russia and would not like them to be sized by Putin, they’re going to stay out of Ukraine, someone else will get to play providing Russia doesn’t invade Eastern Ukraine some time in the next few weeks...

Then the 2 dollar question is, why is Chevron-Texaco still doing what it does if your point has any merit? Chevron is one of the largest energy investors in Russia.

http://www.chevron.com/countries/russia/

...If Burisma was just going to hold the leases and auction them off they wouldn’t need Archer and Biden, so they’re going into production, again read their web site, and yes it COULD all be a scam, because it is Ukraine and Ihor Kolomoisky is kind of a shady character...

According to a report conducted by Time magazine (which I had posted here before) Kolomoisky doesn't *own* Burisma. The search for ownership had been fairly murky at best. Some reports have it Kolomoisky, even Bogolyubov.

Quote from: Michael Sherer, Time
..Burisma Holdings is owned by a Cypriot holding firm, Brociti Investments Limited, which is controlled Nikolai Zlochevskyi, a former Ukranian government minister, according to Cypriot records. It controls government development licenses in three regions of Ukraine, and sells to industrial customers in the country, according to the company...

As for placement of Biden/Archer, along with John Kerry's former COS David Leiter & SIL Christopher Heinz; forms a formidable quartet of DC's lobbyists by way of Leiter's company called ML Strategies.

I quote: " ...Some Democratic senators, meanwhile, have been working to secure more U.S. funding, either directly or through entities like the Export-Import Bank, to improve Ukraine’s domestic energy production potential. On June 27, Sen. Edward Markey of Massachusetts, wrote President Obama a letter with three other Democratic senators calling for increased aid. “We should leverage the full resources and expertise of the U.S. government to assist Ukraine in improving its energy efficiency, increasing its domestic production, and reforming its energy markets,” wrote Markey, who has also proposed legislation with about $40 million in additional aide for Ukranian energy development.

Markey’s letter was trumpeted by Burisma Holdings as a commendable move towards securing the future security of Ukraine. “Burisma Holdings today applauded the range of U.S. legislative support for development of Ukraine’s broad and untapped resources and an increase in transparency and good governance,” the company said in a statement on the day the letter was released...
"

I'm not sure if this is scam, but with all the blue donkeys on board this thing peddling more of our tax monies to feed the beast, dunno, sure smells like rotten cheese to me. There's very little transparency with USAid to begin with as it is now you have *relatives* on the receiving end to boot...so---

http://time.com/2964493/ukraine-joe-biden-son-hunter-burisma/

:::::btw - I do believe Ihor Kolomoisky played a huge hand in this Ukrainian mess for everyone, including but not limited to the Kiev massacre:::::::

...So, have you ever worked in Lubayanka, just curious tovarisch?...

Nope. I've worked on the streets of Arlegui though when I was a kid. But since then helped to pave the streets of Newport Coast, the 405, 10 frwy, the 101, State Street, Irvine Road, Oso Parkways, Sepulveda Blvd, Wilshire Blvd, etc etcetera...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:47:04 PM by GQBlues »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
My view of the war
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »
“Just to give you an example, prior to the financial meltdown, one of my clients Lennar Homes, acquired Newhall Land of Valencia and in doing so it acquired approximately 6,000 acres of land north of the LA Basin. The price, 1 billion dollars.”

Let me see if I have this right, you’re comparing the purchase price of prime Southern California real estate to gas lease rights in Louisiana???

“I understand this are 2 different industries”

well, ummm, yes they are!  It’s like comparing (Valencia)oranges and well, Louisiana!!   

A much better way would be to compare the Haynesville’s price to other lease prices,
I’m not sure of the details, but if the mentioned amount of $1.2 billion for 350,000 acres is the extent of the deal, this works out to $3429 per acre and would be considered a “premium” price, not something I’d expect someone to pay for a “played out” property.

“Some reports have it Kolomoisky, even Bogolyubov.”

Doesn’t matter,  Kolomoisky and Bogolyubov often partner up, especially if they’re doing what in the West would be considered “quasi” legal activities,  helps to
muddy the waters if there’s an investigation...

BTW, more evidence that Archer/Biden are fig leaves, can be found here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/raiders-from-the-east-the-oligarchs-who-won-their-case-but-took-a-battering-8807681.html

“The judge said that JKX's board had understandably concluded that merely having Mr Kolomoisky as a shareholder had been scaring banks away from providing the company with loans. "Some banks openly expressed that view; others said it off the record; others did not express it, but the directors (with good reason) perceived that the Kolomoisky association was a bar to raising significant finance..."

This is the reason for the murky ownership, and getting high profile people on the Murisma’s Board.

“Nope. I've worked on the streets of Arlegui though...”

Near the President’s house?  I took a bus from Clark’s AFB through there when I was young, crazy place, whatever you do, don’t eat the Isaw!  Are you from there?

“the streets of Newport Coast, the 405, 10 frwy, the 101, State Street, Irvine Road, Oso Parkways, Sepulveda Blvd, Wilshire Blvd, etc etcetera...”

I used to live in Palos Verdes, a few miles from the Mall.  I miss the nice weather, but that’s about it, and certainly don’t miss dealing with the traffic on the freeways you paved (good job, by the way!)

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »
My friend, Maria, who fled to Russia checked in.  Her child and mother are in Belorussia as her Mother is of Belorussian descent.  The boy's father, Maria's husband is in a village in Russian occupied Luhansk province tending to his father who will not leave Ukraine.

My friend Alexey is a software programmer.  He emigrated to Germany. 

I worry a lot about my family.  I worry whether they will be killed like those propaganda and news reports.  But until the bombs drop and they live in a foreign country  I can do nothing.  I believe in God and that God is protecting them.  God knows we aren't. 

Offline I/O

My view of the war
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-13/ukraine-blocks-russian-humanitarian-convoy-from-entering-country/5666910

260 - 280 trucks (depending on the source) - 2000 tonnes? 7 tonnes per unit? I don't think so... :-\

Offline Shadow

My view of the war
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2014, 02:59:43 AM »
My friend, Maria, who fled to Russia checked in.  Her child and mother are in Belorussia as her Mother is of Belorussian descent.  The boy's father, Maria's husband is in a village in Russian occupied Luhansk province tending to his father who will not leave Ukraine.

My friend Alexey is a software programmer.  He emigrated to Germany. 

I worry a lot about my family.  I worry whether they will be killed like those propaganda and news reports.  But until the bombs drop and they live in a foreign country  I can do nothing.  I believe in God and that God is protecting them.  God knows we aren't.
I understand your worries and hope they all will remains safe.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 03:54:23 AM »
Thank you sir

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
...A much better way would be to compare the Haynesville’s price to other lease prices, I’m not sure of the details, but if the mentioned amount of $1.2 billion for 350,000 acres is the extent of the deal, this works out to $3429 per acre and would be considered a “premium” price, not something I’d expect someone to pay for a “played out” property....

I'm not all too familiar with lease rights, oil/gas prospective lease values...I think this is more 'jb's field. Having said that, I can only guess that values of lease areas have a direct proportion, or results from, a studied proposition. If Shell leased the area for that amount before believing the area will yield what they thought it would, but came up *dry*, then I'm sure they're just as happy to rid of the lease for the same value knowing what they know now.

...Doesn’t matter,  Kolomoisky and Bogolyubov often partner up, especially if they’re doing what in the West would be considered “quasi” legal activities,  helps to muddy the waters if there’s an investigation...

BTW, more evidence that Archer/Biden are fig leaves, can be found here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/raiders-from-the-east-the-oligarchs-who-won-their-case-but-took-a-battering-8807681.html

...and this is one of the things that I find very troubling that we are connected with it. I realize Hunter et al are private citizens, but to read them lobbying to DC and having our senators pledge support and monies to it while knowing the people behind Burisma, is akin to the support we gave Saddam Hussein not too long ago simply because he appeared to be anti-Russian.

I dare you to Google: 10a Ryleeva St., Kiev, Ukraine   ;)

...Near the President’s house?  I took a bus from Clark’s AFB through there when I was young, crazy place, whatever you do, don’t eat the Isaw!  Are you from there?...

Yeah. Malacanang Palace is a only bridge away. As kid, worked the easy streets of Quiapo quite a bit. Personally, I think you should've taken jeepneys instead of the bus  :P

Besides, *crazy* is only what you make of it.

...I used to live in Palos Verdes, a few miles from the Mall.  I miss the nice weather, but that’s about it, and certainly don’t miss dealing with the traffic on the freeways you paved (good job, by the way!)..

Another 'rock' dweller, eh? However bad you thought of traffic then (whenever that was) multiply that 10 feld and that's LA these days for you. The past 10-15 years alone, there had been hundreds of high density high rise condos/apartments that had gone up wherever they can find an area to build them on. Then add the new State law allowing illegal immigrants to acquire driver's license so they can share the road with us, and you have an idea how glorious these parking lots are.

Anyway, yeah PV, we had a hand developing Ocean Trails GC (Trump National now). I also built a few condos over there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:08:34 AM by GQBlues »

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
http://en.itar-tass.com/world/744833

Strelkov is dying

I knew guys like him in LA.  I collaborated with them to make movies. 

He believes in his cause.  I believe in mine.  I didn't sign any death warrants though. . . .

Offline I/O

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »
Video link?

Offline jone

My view of the war
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
But...

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/744857   ::)
I/O,

I saw that link as well.  But there was no outside confirmation.  If Russia is to make a major play for this area, then the major Russian players have to be removed from running the insurrection.   It is the only way to make a future government (kinda) legitimate.  Some people speculate that this is the reason for the new PM in Donbas - because he is Ukrainian.

Just sayin.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 06:15:49 PM »
From a friend

I spend time between my house in the UK and a flat I have in the Netherlands where I work most of the time.

I was pleased to see the fall of Yanukovych.  Yulia's rambling speech on Maidan dismayed me.  I am disturbed by the fighting in the east and of course on the shooting down of MH17. This hit the Dutch people very hard. Two of our employees were killed along with their entire families. There has been an outpouring of grief here.

I still follow events in Ukraine closely when I have the time.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »
Strelkov is dying
He has probably been liquidated by not-so-friendly friendly-fire.
Naturally those doing the friendly task will want to avoid the headlines and deny it.

Offline sleepycat

My view of the war
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
So sad and tragic...
Let me take a moment to shed some crocodile tears for this great man.  :sad:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline I/O

My view of the war
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:31 PM »
I don't wish anyone dead.

Offline sleepycat

My view of the war
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »
On the other hand if Strelkov is captured the Ukrainians should definitely spare his life.
Can you imagine the propaganda value when he opens his mouth to spill the beans on his former master...

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2014, 06:43:28 AM »
Strelkov killed a lot of people for offenses as minor as wearing a t shirt not your own.  I don't want him dead just stopped.  If killing him stops him with the least amount of deaths, no crocodile tears from me.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »
Strelkov killed a lot of people for offenses as minor as wearing a t shirt not your own.  I don't want him dead just stopped.  If killing him stops him with the least amount of deaths, no crocodile tears from me.
Gee, what a 'humanitarian'.  I wonder what religion or group of people you will advocate democratizing and bombiing next. :rolleyes:

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541554
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1971
Most Online Ever: 12701