Forum > Immigration and Visas

Schedule of new fees

(1/7) > >>

Jet:
Schedule of new fees effective July 30 2007

jb:
Jet,

Thanks for the update.  It looks as though our timing was finally good, we file the N-400 on June 30th, fully 30 days ahead of the fee increase, $330.00 instead of $675.00.  No doubt they'll wait til after the deadline to jack us up on the biometrics.

Son of Clyde:
Seems like they are jacking up the fees but will the service be any better? I say no.

MaxxumUSA:
I was shocked when seeing this.

The old I129f fee was $170.  Now it is $455.  That's 2 2/3 increase!  Holy cow.

Looks like other fees were jacked way up also.

My question - if anyone might know this - is what was the justification for such a high increase?  Is it for better service?  Faster service?  More complete background checks?

How often do these fees change?

I mean...  the $170.00 for me was basically not noticed.  But $455.00 for some will be a lot of money.  And to be honest I have not looked into the costs after my Elena arrives.  For me it will not be that big a deal financially.  BUT - for some people it seems this will be a financial burden that might hurt.

In other words - what I am trying to say is the increases do not affect me personally that much.  But I question how this will affect others, and how will the increased revenue be spent?  Any guesses?  Any links to actual references to this on USCIS?

Son of Clyde:
The justification is all the world class service USCIS has been giving us for years.

NOT!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version