Forum > Research Projects

Why a Russian/FSU woman?

(1/9) > >>

jen:
Hi everyone,

I am back online after some time out of town, most recently in Denver where I met some really nice folks.

OK, here is a new question. When I mention my research to people who do not have much experience with this issue, but have heard of the international marriages that many people refer to as "mail-order," they often ask me: why do some AM/WM search specifically for Russian or FSU women? As opposed to, say, Filipina or other Asian women, i.e., women from other countries from which many wives are known to have come?

I have heard a lot of discussion about the virtues of Russian/Ukrainian/etc. women, but I never heard much directly from a man about his own thought process -- that is, assuming you didn't have any previous experience with the FSU (I know some of you did), did you consider any other countries/regions before settling on the FSU? What attracted you there as opposed to other countries/women?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts,
Jen

TigerPaws:
jen,

To be politically incorrect and totally honest I was looking for a white European featured woman, hence the FSU.

TigerPaws

Ste:

--- Quote from: jen on August 05, 2007, 01:20:26 PM ---Hi everyone,

I am back online after some time out of town, most recently in Denver where I met some really nice folks.

OK, here is a new question. When I mention my research to people who do not have much experience with this issue, but have heard of the international marriages that many people refer to as "mail-order," they often ask me: why do some AM/WM search specifically for Russian or FSU women? As opposed to, say, Filipina or other Asian women, i.e., women from other countries from which many wives are known to have come?

I have heard a lot of discussion about the virtues of Russian/Ukrainian/etc. women, but I never heard much directly from a man about his own thought process -- that is, assuming you didn't have any previous experience with the FSU (I know some of you did), did you consider any other countries/regions before settling on the FSU? What attracted you there as opposed to other countries/women?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts,
Jen

--- End quote ---

I would say that russian women have Slavic looks, which are deffo not Western looks, there is a great difference.

For me, I never looked, it just happened and I know this sounds like a tired old tale but I found my beloved by natural means, love grew out of knowing each other over time.

I maintain 'seeking' isnt the right way to govern ur future romantic interludes, it should just happen naturally,   maybe with a common interest, but not looking for love, that's just stupid.

Email,MSN and crappy calls with babytalk does not a relationship make.

ScottinCrimea:
It wasn't so much what I was looking for as it was what I was ultimately attracted to.

jen:

--- Quote from: ScottinCrimea on August 05, 2007, 03:11:33 PM ---It wasn't so much what I was looking for as it was what I was ultimately attracted to.

--- End quote ---

TP, is this what you meant as well? If you were looking for a white, European-looking woman, was it because this is what you find attractive? Or any other reasons? (E.g., I have heard someone suggest before the idea that a white woman might integrate more smoothly into your social network at home, raise fewer questions about how you met, etc. I don't know if there is anything to this, but just a question.)

And Ste, I'm sorry, I'm sure you have described your story elsewhere, but while we are talking about it: by meeting "naturally," do you mean that you were traveling or living in the FSU and just got lucky to meet someone? Or?

Thanks, Jen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version