It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip to Russia  (Read 36447 times)

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: First trip to Russia
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2019, 05:27:23 AM »
Better you feel a 'connection' of the heart and mind ... the soul... and learn to tell your intended how you FEEL about her and you're more likely to see her in a bikini for many years ...not just one holiday ( vacation)

Ты согреваешь мою душу

You warm my soul

I realize that and agree with it while heartedly..... Though just saying what Man wouldn't mind seeing his '14' girlfriend in a bikini???? Just saying.....

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:49 AM »
To briefly revisit earlier posts, I would never in a million years invite a girlfriend to a hotel. Perhaps it is because I have a great deal of FSU history, and certainly things have opened a lot, but still I would not. Get an AIRBNB.

Those girls (prostitutes) hanging out around the lobby and bars are not independent. They are unionized in the sense of having a "roof" and are being watched constantly.

A girl who comes to your room, innocent as she may be, is in the minds of some "roofs" as depriving them of income because you don't need one of his girls downstairs. The last thing you want is to leave town and learn later than someone paid your friend a visit and beat the crap out of her because she intruded on what he regards as his territory. What they might do to her will be long lasting. It is not pretty.

Maybe it won't happen.....but is it worth the risk?

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2019, 08:46:54 AM »
It is easier to register a lady with you, but dangers still exist. I remember our honeymoon decades ago when a St Peter hotel refused us a room because we had different last names on our passports. We had just been married and carried ZAGS documents with us, but it was over an hour before we were allowed to check in the same room.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
First trip to Russia
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »
I remember our honeymoon

Peter the Great was still in charge if I recall  :D
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First trip to Russia
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »
Cabo out of the question, exinlaws live there 6months of the year. But I will suggest
another City in Mexico. I like the idea of seeing her in a bikini.

I still get warm feelings when I remember Angel Eyes frolicking around in a bikini
in the Ocean during the early part of our romance.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
Well there are no visible pros in my hotel and no problem with the one person I met coming and going.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
Peter the Great was still in charge if I recall  :D

Yes, how did you know?!  :-)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »
Internet is a better selling model than hanging about in bars.  Be that dating or hooking.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »
**Update** I think we settled on Belgium in spring, if her visa doesn't come through. And will deal with the other stuff of me coming to Russia later.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:15:05 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline ML

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
**Update** I think we settled on Belgium in spring, if her visa doesn't come through and will deal with the other stuff if me coming to Russia later.

A really exciting place known for its cuisine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
Msmob is correct Cyprus is the place Aphrodite etc  and beach popa.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2019, 01:40:24 PM »
Hmmm. I got this suggestion in another thread, but I had never thought about Spain, and the US is even very friendly with them, I think there is even a navy base there.

On another note, I know there was discussion on checking into a hotel as a couple, I am thinking we will just say we are engaged....... Although I really like this women I usually don't sleep with a Lady on the first night of having a relationship plus given the fact that we have never met in person that just seems odd. I think I might plan on booking a suite and give her the option or not of sleeping with me, I mean what if she snores...... Gaaawwttt.... What have you guys encountered?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:46:23 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline ML

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2019, 01:58:47 PM »
I think I might plan on booking a suite and give her the option or not of sleeping with me, I mean what if she snores...... Gaaawwttt.... What have you guys encountered?

I did encounter one Ukrainian snorer.  WOW how that can kill the relationship.
Otherwise, she was very good in bed.
But I think she probably drank too much also, so wouldn't have lasted anyway.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
DC you really are a worrier sleep in a clean pair off boxers she'll sleep in what ever she planned a week before the meeting.  You don't have to actually do more than sleep.  She's not 16 you've both been round the block a few times in the passed before.  She's a human not a piece of fragile glass.  Just let her do what she already has planned.  Which will be to kick the tires and light the fires.  Ps Cyprus in the east Mediterranean. 

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »
DC you really are a worrier sleep in a clean pair off boxers she'll sleep in what ever she planned a week before the meeting.  You don't have to actually do more than sleep.  She's not 16 you've both been round the block a few times in the passed before.  She's a human not a piece of fragile glass.  Just let her do what she already has planned.  Which will be to kick the tires and light the fires.  Ps Cyprus in the east Mediterranean.
yeah maybe so. In my line of work I come from the standpoint of knowing everything. Lots of unknowns here, diffinetly out if my confront zone, but that is a good thing! That is what life is and exciting.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
...On another note, I know there was discussion on checking into a hotel as a couple, I am thinking we will just say we are engaged....... Although I really like this women I usually don't sleep with a Lady on the first night of having a relationship plus given the fact that we have never met in person that just seems odd. I think I might plan on booking a suite and give her the option or not of sleeping with me, I mean what if she snores...... Gaaawwttt.... What have you guys encountered?

It is my understanding that to better accommodate US citizens seeking wives in the FSU, the governments of all former Soviet States had made available chastity belts to be available at every arrival airport in the FSU. They also gave you an option to have the gal you're visiting to BYOCB (Bring Your Own Chastity Belt) to ensure proper fit.

Information regarding this can be found on every marriage agency website under 'Virgin' Romeo' Page. Complete with a 1-2-3 step-by-step 'Love You Long Time' instruction
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »
It is my understanding that to better accommodate US citizens seeking wives in the FSU, the governments of all former Soviet States had made available chastity belts to be available at every arrival airport in the FSU. They also gave you an option to have the gal you're visiting to BYOCB (Bring Your Own Chastity Belt) to ensure proper fit.

Information regarding this can be found on every marriage agency website under 'Virgin' Romeo' Page. Complete with a 1-2-3 step-by-step 'Love You Long Time' instruction
that is damn funny.......even funnier with a jack and coke. :D :D :D :D ;D :D LMFAOROF
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:10:32 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2019, 05:16:09 AM »
Hmmm. I got this suggestion in another thread, but I had never thought about Spain, and the US is even very friendly with them, I think there is even a navy base there.

On another note, I know there was discussion on checking into a hotel as a couple, I am thinking we will just say we are engaged.......

I think you are mixing up another topic here - the apartment vs hotel discussion.  That was about how to get around some ladies' objections of not wanting to join you in your Ukrainian/Russian hotel when you met them after travelling there. 

It is none of the hotel's business whether you are enagaged, friends, just met her yesterday, etc.  They just need to know who are authorized guests for the room.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2019, 06:50:50 AM »

It is none of the hotel's business whether you are enagaged, friends, just met her yesterday, etc.  They just need to know who are authorized guests for the room.

It is tempting to think of these issues from our Western mindset. But there are hotels in the FSU that might think differently.

For me, the issue would be whether I would wish to risk harm to the girl after I'd left town. Just not worth it in my opinion.

In a related vein, sometimes ladies are sometimes at first hesitant about inviting a foreign guy to her apartment home until she is more comfortable that he is the one for her. In quarters where hundreds and in some cases thousands of people live in the same complex, tongues wag and life can be embarrassing for her if word gets out that "foreign men are coming to her apartment."

Apartment rental is still the way to go. When she is comfortable, and that could be rather quickly, entering her home can be a source of pride for her.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2019, 09:20:01 AM »

It is tempting to think of these issues from our Western mindset. But there are hotels in the FSU that might think differently.

For me, the issue would be whether I would wish to risk harm to the girl after I'd left town. Just not worth it in my opinion.

In a related vein, sometimes ladies are sometimes at first hesitant about inviting a foreign guy to her apartment home until she is more comfortable that he is the one for her. In quarters where hundreds and in some cases thousands of people live in the same complex, tongues wag and life can be embarrassing for her if word gets out that "foreign men are coming to her apartment."

Apartment rental is still the way to go. When she is comfortable, and that could be rather quickly, entering her home can be a source of pride for her.

Mendy,

The OP is planning to meeting her in Spain.  Also, he is pre-registering her as a guest in the hotel.  He does not have to explain her specific relationship to him to the hotel.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »
Mendy,

The OP is planning to meeting her in Spain.  Also, he is pre-registering her as a guest in the hotel.  He does not have to explain her specific relationship to him to the hotel.

Thank you for that clarification, Steve. You are correct.

Offline LAman

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »
Mendy,

Are you sure about that Steve? Spain?  I am sure the OP may change his mind a few times where to vacation.

What is exactly 'pre-registering'? I never have done that. Sometimes it does as for name of guest but not critical to put a name in.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2019, 05:30:20 PM »
Msmob tyre tire same noun both acceptable spellings in the UK.  Obviously the quote is USA so spelt that way.

Utter twaddle..In UK English tyre is a noun and tire is verb...

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »
We are titter-tottering between Spain or Belgium. Thank you. What went wrong with my first marriage is a very long story I am not going into here but it has nothing to do with this. I am actually a type A personality.

Offline LAman

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2019, 06:50:16 PM »
We are titter-tottering between Spain or Belgium. Thank you. What went wrong with my first marriage is a very long story I am not going into here but it has nothing to do with this. I am actually a type A personality.

You mean titter-tottering between Spain or Belgium or USA????
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541005
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1878
Total: 1890

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM