It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet?  (Read 28052 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »

Depends on what and where in Ukraine, inflation has made prices rise their and in many cases not far below UK prices and many Ukrainians have reported they are struggling.

Where in the UK can you go to a restaurant and have a sit down meal for four for $20?

Can you buy a liter of milk for a little over US$1?  A 500 ml beer for that same amount?  A loaf of bread or a kilo of potatoes for under $0.50? 

These are all Kyiv prices, incidentally.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:01:54 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »
Yep I think Moscow pay is better.  I know only Minsk and sumy.

Bill's wife is not from Moscow. 

Sumy's wages are consistently between 80% and 84% of Ukraine's national average.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »
Yep I think Moscow pay is better.  I know only Minsk and sumy.
Moscow pay will definitely be way better, it's all a lot more like London type of salary and expenses there. Kiev is clapped out economically compared to Moscow. Kiev is still the most prosperous part of Ukraine though.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2019, 05:02:40 PM »
Where in the UK can you go to a restaurant and have a sit down meal for four for $20?

Can you buy a liter of milk for a little over US$1?  A 500 mil beer for that same amount?  A loaf of bread or a kilo of potatoes for under $0.50? 

These are all Kyiv prices, incidentally.

Weatherspoons for the restaurant meal for 4 for around 20 pounds/dollars.

Food prices in the supermarkets are pretty cheap here due to competition and imports. Look on this supermarket website and you'll find most of the prices similar to Ukraine, set on the bread page for example:

http://groceries.asda.com/search/Bread?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-_-asdacom-_-hp-_-search-bread
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »
A Ukrainian won't eat that bread.  I mean good, organic food, which is what most Ukrainians eat.

Any comparison of cost of living puts Ukraine's cost at 60% less than in the UK.  Their salaries are less than that, so it's relative.  They also don't pay any sales taxes.

But, let's let other UK posters who have been through the process comment on whether you can support a wife in the UK on your current salary, or even with a 20% increase.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:11:21 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
Well I'm off to dinipro 17 March for a week .  Megan fox the gas  and oil pipeline engineer beckons.  After my divorce I dated any English woman who replied to my internet profile strangely the intelligent 8s and 9s were far easier to get along with than the 3 to 7s.  The same can be said for the fsu the more intelligent and better looking the easier we got on.

Why are you wasting time on a woman who has already demonstrated who she is?  It appears,  more and more, that you are not seriously seeking a wife.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »
A Ukrainian won't eat that bread.  I mean good, organic food, which is what most Ukrainians eat.

Any comparison of cost of living puts Ukraine's cost at 60% less than in the UK.  Their salaries are less than that, so it's relative.  They also don't pay any sales taxes.

But, let's let other UK posters who have been through the process comment on whether you can support a wife in the UK on your current salary, or even with a 20% increase.

You know there will be a lot of posters that will come out and say no to that Boe and will slam me on it. We've done all that before on here. Fact of the matter is a lot of people on benefit here survive on far less than I bring in single or couple. Owning my own house without any mortgage means I have more disposable income and less costs. So long as I don't pick up another materialistic girl I'll be able to provide for her and keep spending under control.

I know Ukrainians can be fussy on their eating, etc. Even still bakery loaves etc can be bought relatively cheaply. Maybe slightly more but 60 percent, who knows. In any case even with 60 percent more food is a relatively small outgoing expense in the UK. For most it is mortgages etc that are the biggest cost, I don't have that :)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
The point is not what people "survive" on.  A FSUW who is giving up her life, her family, her language, her culture, is not doing so just to end up in the same position in a foreign country with no support around her.

As for other posters, I am looking for reality, which I think they will provide.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2019, 05:26:33 PM »

Why are you wasting time on a woman who has already demonstrated who she is?  It appears,  more and more, that you are not seriously seeking a wife.

James doesn't mean he sugar daddy one who was north of Kiev, Sumy or something I think it was, this is a new girl.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
I know.  He already posted about her.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
The point is not what people "survive" on.  A FSUW who is giving up her life, her family, her language, her culture, is not doing so just to end up in the same position in a foreign country with no support around her.

As for other posters, I am looking for reality, which I think they will provide.

I get your point. She won't be in the same position. She will be living in a nice area and able to have stuff she wants within reason. Plus she will be there as she is into me (I would hope) and hopefully having children of her own.

Now I know some girls put themselves onto international dating sites for a real wealthy guy. Others for all sorts of reasons, if a girl is a 5-7 she ain't going to get many if any real wealthy guys knocking on her door, cue my arrival :D

Offline Boethius

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
The vast majority of UW marry UM, in Ukraine.  Even "5's" and below. 

There are a lot of things you can't give a UW who stays in Ukraine, the most important being a sense of community, of deep friendships, of relying on neighbours and family to help you when things are not going well.  You underestimate this to your detriment.

You won't find a sincere woman unless you change the way you think, particularly your misogyny and your idea that you will be in control of everything.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2019, 05:48:31 PM »
The vast majority of UW marry UM, in Ukraine.  Even "5's" and below. 

There are a lot of things you can't give a UW who stays in Ukraine, the most important being a sense of community, of deep friendships, of relying on neighbours and family to help you when things are not going well.  You underestimate this to your detriment.

You won't find a sincere woman unless you change the way you think, particularly your misogyny and your idea that you will be in control of everything.

So why are these 5-7s putting themselves on dating websites????

The ones I am looking at in their thirties will be passed their Ukrainian sell by date for marriage. That doesn't bother me but many UM either marry young, go for younger girls or just are in no position to date UW.

I know UW often try to grapple to gain control and resent not getting it big time. That is something I will have to be diplomatic with them on.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
I know.  He already posted about her.

So what's wrong with the Megan Fox lookalike?

Who 'is' she?

I know there is finding out to be had about her but at the moment we can only speculate as to what might arise surely?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »
Trench

What ARE you blathering about re comparing UK to Ukraine costs of living ?

UK milk is cheap thanks to subsidies, but as Boethius points out 'we' in the UK have same bread that FSUW will not buy, given it's packed with preservatives.

Have you shared a life with a FSUW in the UK?....No....

If you entertain a lady at a Weatherspoons ...that says much..Even there, you would be hard pushed to get a meal for a fiver a head, including a drink.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:04:37 AM by msmob »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2019, 09:01:39 PM »

In London the average cost of fish and chips is £5.00

This post was composed utilizing the aid of google
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
Ah the danger of googling and proving cluelessness.

Eating fish and chips in a restaurant incurs VAT (sales tax) at twenty percent

Good luck with finding Fish and Chips plated up at a resturant for less than a fiver, :wallbash:..esp in London

http://www.accountsandlegal.co.uk/tax-advice/vat-in-the-food-industry

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:08:32 AM by msmob »

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »
Started with Moses.

We do see women's looks for what they are; and they are in categories 1-10.

You need to get a grip.

Referring to 5, 7, 9 etc., is just an easy way to make most understand what she looks like even as the assignment is imperfect and different folks would assign a different number to different gals.

But rarely would anyone assign a 2 to a 9 and vice versa, etc.

Hardly need to get a grip, common sense prevails... I'm not going to marry anyone who ranks less than a '7' in the looks or personality category in my eyes, am I?

So, your 1-10 scale is irrelevant to me. It's a way for you boys to boast about what you did (or didn't) manage to pull pr what you'll sacrifice in one department to compensate for another.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2019, 12:06:29 AM »
So what's wrong with the Megan Fox lookalike?

Who 'is' she?

I know there is finding out to be had about her but at the moment we can only speculate as to what might arise surely?

New woman, same holes in the plan. Same red flags as the last two women. Do you not remember the trip where he was in her apartment happily being two-timed? You can lead a horse to water...

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2019, 12:12:51 AM »
I get your point. She won't be in the same position. She will be living in a nice area and able to have stuff she wants within reason. Plus she will be there as she is into me (I would hope) and hopefully having children of her own.

Now I know some girls put themselves onto international dating sites for a real wealthy guy. Others for all sorts of reasons, if a girl is a 5-7 she ain't going to get many if any real wealthy guys knocking on her door, cue my arrival :D

So now you plan on starting a family? Boe is right, you have no chance, irrespective of how much you think a good loaf of bread costs. Hope Mrs Trench and family like a good Wetherspoons meal!

Poor Miss 5-7 when she finds out what she's let herself in for....oh wait, she won't because Trench will have tricked her into thinking he's a successful wealthy architect (if she hasn't already run off with the milk man).

Offline Blighty

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2019, 05:44:59 AM »

But, let's let other UK posters who have been through the process comment on whether yu can support a wife in the UK on your current salary, or even with a 20% increase.

My feeling is that TC is going to struggle on his current income, especially as I have a comfortable retirement income. My wife is still adapting to the UK, and she sometimes struggles with life in the UK. She feels that people are unsociable (especially our miserable [racist] neighbours), clothing and food prices are expensive, and that our present weather is very cold and wet. It is going to take time for any Ukrainian wife to adjust to the British way of life, and I think that restricted household income would be detrimental to any relationship.

TC will also need to spend both time and money on any future Mrs TC. My wife enjoys 'window shopping', pub lunches, restaurants in the evening, and visits to historical sites in London, York, etc. I am retired, and so time and money are no problem for me.

I found the search for a wife quite straightforward. The hard work is first getting the visa, and then helping the UW to settle into her new country. Others from the uK may have a different view!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2019, 08:03:44 AM »
My feeling is that TC is going to struggle on his current income, especially as I have a comfortable retirement income. My wife is still adapting to the UK, and she sometimes struggles with life in the UK. She feels that people are unsociable (especially our miserable [racist] neighbours), clothing and food prices are expensive, and that our present weather is very cold and wet. It is going to take time for any Ukrainian wife to adjust to the British way of life, and I think that restricted household income would be detrimental to any relationship.

TC will also need to spend both time and money on any future Mrs TC. My wife enjoys 'window shopping', pub lunches, restaurants in the evening, and visits to historical sites in London, York, etc. I am retired, and so time and money are no problem for me.

I found the search for a wife quite straightforward. The hard work is first getting the visa, and then helping the UW to settle into her new country. Others from the uK may have a different view!

I don't think it's the income as such I would struggle on. I think there is a definite problem with how a FSW would preoccupy herself whilst I'm at work. Not just me but any WM who works with a FSW. I'm not too badly off as I work what you call unsociable hours (nights) and longer hours but that in turn mean I have the equivalent of a four day weekend and a bit of time during the day after sleeping through the morning and a bit of the afternoon.

Even still, there is still going to be time when I'm not there. Now some time apart is no doubt good for both to have a breather. I still wonder though his a girl is going to cope with those alone times? Hopefully not with another guy :o

Now I know she can watch stuff on TV, Netflix etc and maybe do a bit of gardening and a few other hobbies but I doubt there is going to be much to keep herself from getting bored once she has done stuff like that for a bit. Once a girl has children then she has them to preoccupy her but that is not going to happen instantly, while she is pregnant she could be bored out of her mind. So how to deal with this? I'm not in the position to be there 24/7 with her and even if I was we might get fed up of each other and run out of stuff to do I'm guessing.

Conversely I could live out in the FSU upon marriage if I could muster about £1k a month in independent income I think with the girl. That should provide a decent standard of living by FSU standards particularly say out in the poorer areas of somewhere like Ukraine say. In the near future I will only be able to manage about half that which I admit won't deliver her any standard of living than what she is already used to out there. I don't think I could do it as my Mother would be left without seeing any family too long which I would fear would adversely affect her. Of course if I brought in £1k of independent income I could give up my job or at least cut down on hours. Once I get the £500 in a month at best I would just be able to cut down on hours a little.

Girl could of course work a part time job in the UK and this could solve the issue. This may not happen straight away though even if she wanted to. Her English would have to be decent enough to get spousal visa etc though I guess even then she could preoccupy sometime with learning the language better if need be. What do you guys think of such a situation such as this?

Offline Blighty

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »
Girl could of course work a part time job in the UK and this could solve the issue. This may not happen straight away though even if she wanted to. Her English would have to be decent enough to get spousal visa etc though I guess even then she could preoccupy sometime with learning the language better if need be. What do you guys think of such a situation such as this?

Most wives will require a lot of support after their arrival in the UK. My wife and I give each other plenty of space whilst together. E.g., she is downstairs listening to an English lesson over the internet as I am typing this post upstairs. You will need to discuss these issues with the future Mrs TC before agreeing to marry each other.

My wife finds it strange with you need a car to visit shopping centres, supermarkets, etc. as they are mostly located next to major roads away from transport links. She is unimpressed by the efficiency of British trains ... why is the 10:20 at the local station always late with the same pathetic excuse.

No one can answer your question TC as it is all down to personal choices and preferences.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2019, 09:20:04 AM »
Most wives will require a lot of support after their arrival in the UK. My wife and I give each other plenty of space whilst together. E.g., she is downstairs listening to an English lesson over the internet as I am typing this post upstairs. You will need to discuss these issues with the future Mrs TC before agreeing to marry each other.

My wife finds it strange with you need a car to visit shopping centres, supermarkets, etc. as they are mostly located next to major roads away from transport links. She is unimpressed by the efficiency of British trains ... why is the 10:20 at the local station always late with the same pathetic excuse.

No one can answer your question TC as it is all down to personal choices and preferences.

I see what you mean, it would depend on how the girl is like, what's on hand etc. Sounds like it's a case of assessing in advance how girl might take it in the UK then once again when here. I guess my hours aren't too bad as like you  say most people need a bit of time apart anyway at some point so it's more how she will fill her time adequately to be content. I appreciate the input Blightly :)

Does your wife ever get homesick, miss real life time with her friends than just Skype sessions?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How does a guy decide to hide information from his wife?
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »
I know what you're say bill, these girls have major BS detectors. I wouldn't do so by ommission so much I would just tell her that I take care of the business so she doesn't need to worry her pretty little self about it :)

On something like a wedding ring I let Angel Eyes pick it out. She is far more frugal
than I am and I just got a gold band. I think that it was more than $400 and less than
$600 for both of them, it was in Rubles I really don't remember.

As for finances and paying the bills, you are using stinkin' thinkin' both underestimating
and disparaging somebody at the same time that should be your partner in crime. I mean if
you were really upfront about it and got her to buy in on the idea of working less and having
more time together and then really spending that time together you would be a thousand
miles ahead of the situation you think will happen (it won't by the way).

AND
She is going to want to work at least part time and she will see 100% of that money as hers
especially if you go with the "don't worry your pretty little head about the bills" routine. She
will see how much money she has and will figure out how little you have. You are heading
down the road to failure.

You need to get her to buy in to the work less and enjoy life more lifestyle. I think that the
day she misses her first menstrual cycle is the last day of that lifestyle however. Once she
has a bun in the oven her instincts to build a safe nest and a better life for her child will
kick in and things will have to change. 

Girl could of course work a part time job in the UK and this could solve the issue. This may not happen
straight away though even if she wanted to. Her English would have to be decent enough to get spousal
visa etc though I guess even then she could preoccupy sometime with learning the language better if need
be. What do you guys think of such a situation such as this?

Maybe you should switch things up altogether and marry a physician or person who would be a
high wage earner in the UK.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:36:03 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1768
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1763
Total: 1773

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM