It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Low response rate  (Read 7404 times)

Offline Ornet_life

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Low response rate
« on: December 01, 2018, 09:57:10 AM »
I have been using fdating and Elena’s models and have been getting a pretty low response rate. What kind of response rates do you guys typically get? In terms of looks I am a 4-5/10, just wondering if that has anything to do with it? I am 30 years old. Any advice?

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Re: Low response rate
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 10:05:52 AM »
Welcome

It COULD be a major factor...  sorry to say

In my - admittedly - half decade plus ago -  many women simply don't READ profiles

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:32 AM »
Hard to say without seeing the ad.
What sort of description of yourself did you use?
What is a 'low' response rate?

I've found that 'IN GENERAL' R/U women are a bit more forgiving about looks than W/W which makes me wonder
what you wrote or the types of photos you used.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:34:34 AM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
I have been using fdating and Elena’s models and have been getting a pretty low response rate. What kind of response rates do you guys typically get? In terms of looks I am a 4-5/10, just wondering if that has anything to do with it? I am 30 years old. Any advice?

Why   4-5 ?
 Are you fat?
Are you short?
Are you on the dole?
Are you as brainless as TC?
Do you have a beard ? (  a little current forum joke)
Did you post photos with tattoos?
In a check shirt?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
Welcome Ornet_life

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who's looking for a wife abroad, learn the lady's language. Take a course. Even better travel to Russia for a vacation and perhaps take a language course there.

I can tell you from personal experience that Moscow State University offers very good instruction and there are students there from around the world. Your future wife could end up being German or Swedish or Japanese. They have a truly diverse student population.

If you can say you've been to Russia (or whatever country you're looking), include a few photos and can speak a few words of Russian you might get a better response.

As for physical appearance I can honestly say in the 6 years I lived in Russia I saw some good looking RW dating some at best average looking men. Maybe the men were rich or had a good pickup line to get a date. The one caveat I will mention is that fat guys don't tend to do well in the FSU, IMO. 

In Russia and I believe it also happens in Ukraine, women are warned that foreign men are often sex tourists and visit simply to have sex with the local women.

If you have the time and money you could get a job in the country you're looking for a wife. Spend the semester teaching English or whatever job you can get. If you're there working the local women are going to look on you more favorably. 

http://www.philol.msu.ru/~leto/cont-obuchenie-en.htm

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
In Russia and I believe it also happens in Ukraine, women are warned that foreign men are often sex tourists and visit simply to have sex with the local women.

For European men with short travel times . . . this may be true.

But for USA, Canadian, Australian men . . . a ludicrous idea.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
There is too little information provided and too many variables to give much advice. If you haven't subscribed to a paid service then you may not be taken seriously regardless of the content of your profile.

I would echo DaveNY's suggestion. Pick a city and go study Russian.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »
If the OP has a career or a stable job, I don't think that dropping that to go study Russian abroad is not a wise choice. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 09:12:42 PM »
Why   4-5 ?
 Are you fat? No

Are you short? Yes

Are you on the dole? No

Are you as brainless as TC? Probably

Do you have a beard ? Yes and no,depends on the week and my mood.

Did you post photos with tattoos? Not intentionally but I have tattoos.

In a check shirt? No in a kind of oddly shaped striped one (like a fish)and to this day my wife still calls me polosatik .

True story.

Now we will see who knows what polosatik refers to.
Its something many RW like to eat when drinking beer.

(The rw cant play,  its not fair.)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
I have been using fdating and Elena’s models and have been getting a pretty low response rate.

Low response rate is what you should get. When you get a high response rate, beware of the site you're using. You could be trading love letters with Vladimir, the employee of the month.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 10:42:42 PM »
Low response rate is what you should get.

So, you got a low response rate, too ..?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »
So, you got a low response rate, too ..?

Yes. After I know I'm dealing with real women, those that respond, I had plenty of women to date and choose from. A guy only needs to be attractive to 10% of the women out there and he'll be a very busy man. Unfortunately a lot of men waste months or years chasing women they will never get to meet.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 11:54:22 PM »
Yes. After I know I'm dealing with real women, those that respond, I had plenty of women to date and choose from. A guy only needs to be attractive to 10% of the women out there and he'll be a very busy man. Unfortunately a lot of men waste months or years chasing women they will never get to meet.

Yup my question went RIGHT over BillyB's head...bless

Offline Davo2

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 12:59:37 AM »
Welcome, despite being almost two years on this journey, i'm not that much further down the road than you.

I started writing a short reply that turned into an epic novel about my experiences and mistakes online. I'll post it later once I reduce it a little.

I struggled Locally online when I first became single. I was told I was undatable, but with a lot of trial and error, I managed to master the online part of dating at least ;D

Now I've been able to tweek a few things I tried when  dating locally, I'm not doing too bad on the fsu side of things. 75-80% reply rate on fdating and over 50 unopened first messages atm from women on dmnotify. Probably 5% meet my criteria.

Before people cry they are all scammers, I've replied to about 40 previously and have only found one obvious scammer. DM is the best site I've seen for removing non genuine women. Often they delete their profiles, before you have a chance to reply.

There's a totally different dynamic to the site over fdating, especially in regards to women making first contact, in my opinion.

A few things on my side is I'm chatting with older women with children (usually 38-42). I'm a full time father, which goes down well with single mother's  and for some reason everyone wants to chat with Australians >:(

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:17:31 AM by Davo2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »
. . . for some reason everyone wants to chat with Australians >:(

Because their accent is so funny ?  :-))
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline civi68

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 08:09:42 AM »
Keep in mind that many women are getting several letters. Keep within 10 years of your age. Even when you get responses, some drop off after a few emails due to losing interest in you or the men in general. This does take some work. Many women want to find a guy or want to leave their country but for many, it has to be the right guy. You could also try writing women that are older than you.

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »

Well at least they don't speak as if they have clothes pegs on their noses !

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Low response rate
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
I have been using fdating and Elena’s models and have been getting a pretty low response rate.
What kind of response rates do you guys typically get? In terms of looks I am a 4-5/10, just wondering
if that has anything to do with it? I am 30 years old. Any advice?

Not everyone can be as devastatingly handsome and charming as me.  ;D

Think of it as a numbers game. Make more contacts, sift through more replies
and keep grinding. There are a nearly infinite amount of FSUW from age 25-29
who want a husband and a family. You only have to find ONE that thinks you are
the answer to her dreams.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 01:18:39 PM »

Its not often a guy will rate himself a 4-5. Most guys will say they are towards the higher end even if they are not whether they realise it or not.

Why do you think you are a 4-5?

It could be that you are honest at self analysing yourself. I think that is difficult for many guys to do. Ask yourself is there anything you can do to bring yourself up a point or two higher - lose weight, go to the gym at least once a week for an hour or so, dress better, smarter clothes, decent quality clothes, smiling in photos, covering up tattoos, etc.

I too have found a low response rates on some sites, but I was going for girls without kids that were hotties :D On EM about 3 years ago now though I had plenty of girls contactin me though about half were later removed for some reason or another. Possibly EM might have stopped using affliate agencies so less mass mailings from them.

Consider also what the women out that way want and how well you match up to it, i.e, a provider, someone that doesn't look rough i.e like they might be an alcoholic/druggie, not well overweight, etc.

Read up here also on previous thread on all different subjects. The more you learn about FSW the more of an idea you'll get as to what they are after.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »
If the OP has a career or a stable job, I don't think that dropping that to go study Russian abroad is not a wise choice. 
Many universities offer summer courses. Going for a month to study should be feasible for any man considering international dating.

Anyway, if he's 30 and single why not be adventurous? You're only young once.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »

Hhaaa..... You could be right ML.

Us Aussies are known to be laid back, with a good sense of humour. Put that together with the reason for our accent and who doesn't like a laid back, funny  drunk?  ;D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11957994/Gday-mate-Lazy-Australian-accent-caused-by-alcoholic-slur-of-heavy-drinking-early-settlers.html

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »
Many universities offer summer courses. Going for a month to study should be feasible for any man considering international dating.

Anyway, if he's 30 and single why not be adventurous? You're only young once.

I would recommend it for US guys right out of college, but not somebody 30
years old. Let's say that he spends a year in the FSU and then finds the perfect
girl, next he goes to USCIS to file a K1 where he must prove that he makes
125% of the poverty rate to qualify to bring her to the USA.

Your idea of a month or so makes more sense but few employers would be
keen on letting him off so long. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »
In terms of looks I am a 4-5/10, just wondering if that has anything to do with it? I am 30 years old. Any advice?

I've seen ugly fat guys with beautiful women. The relationship must be of equals for it to have a chance to survive. If you want a woman that's a 10 in looks, you must be a 10 in something too. You could be a 10 in money, charisma, intelligence, etc... You can't change much on how you look but you can improve in other areas of life so that you will be an attractive person to the ladies.

Offline brownbeard99

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 08:42:08 PM »
Don’t kid yourself. It’s almost all about your pictures.  Get some professional pictures taken where you look your absolute best.

I have some great pictures on my profile, but the actual written profile sucks... it’s just a couple sentences.  My reply rate was so good that I had to become extremely picky just to limit my conversations.

If you have a good body, it doesn’t hurt to show it off...

Oh yea... grow a beard.  Apparently, it doesn’t hurt.

Offline JayH

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 12:33:06 AM »

If you have a good body, it doesn’t hurt to show it off...

A few days ago I was sitting with my girl and a few of her friends and they were looking at profiles& letters etc - the hysterical laughter at some of the photos guys sent and displayed said it all for me !

Going back a few years --one of the agency games played by the girls was to get guys to send  photos of themselves -(beefcake or worse) which were then printed/enlarged and posted on the idiots of the week board of how stupid are some of these guys !

Of course there will be a few girls it may interest-probable the same girls happy to show their genitals on web cam !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2263
Total: 2274

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM