It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359156 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #650 on: August 21, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

Some of these things we read about how all great countries eventually fall, are seeming more real to me.

To fall is a relative term, meaning some country will take our place.   Much of Europe is in a similar boat as ours with perhaps more leaks a nd more water.  Everyone points to China as the next world leader.  They certainly have the discipline that we seem to lack.   

Many claim that Obama has an agenda for America to pay for its colonialist plundering of the world.  His father had a strong anti-colonial ideology.   And it is seemingly confirmed in not wearing the American flag lapel pin, appeasing the Muslim world, etc.   That possibility is frightening, yet no President has the power and authority to make that happen.   If we fall it will not be because of one man but of our indifference and inaction.

I really feel for the generations coming along. 

Yes, the current generation of young people may be the first generation in American history to not have a better life than the prior generation.  Sad! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #651 on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
CBS has been a big supporter of Obama.  Thus I was amazed when they ran this story showing Romney the person in a good light as a kind, generous man. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7405692n&tag=api

I have never seen such stories on Obama.  If you get past Obama's Walmart Greeter charm, he seems smart but mean and bitter as evidenced in his campaign ads.  When Romney came through Florida seeking the nomination, he had just lost South Carolina to Gingrich.  So Romney ran some negative ads. He seemed out of place as if it is not his nature.

For sure over the next 2 1/2 months we will have ample opportunity to compare the two men and to contrast the two platforms.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #652 on: August 21, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
good posts. Phil.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #653 on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:43 AM »
CBS has been a big supporter of Obama.  Thus I was amazed when they ran this story showing Romney the person in a good light as a kind, generous man.
IINM, David Letterman keeps poking fun at 'Mitch' Romney for his undisclosed tax returns, poor singing abilities, driving to Canada with his dog on the car roof, etc. :D
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #654 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
IINM, David Letterman keeps poking fun at 'Mitch' Romney for his undisclosed tax returns, poor singing abilities, driving to Canada with his dog on the car roof, etc. :D

Years ago Letterman was funny, cutting edge of comedy and of course younger. He's grown into a bitter old celebrity that has difficulty holding an audience. His time slot no longer has the might it once had and one can easily surmise he panders to the execs political leanings to hold his position even if that position is his own. Most comedians make fun of politicians and rightfully so, they are so easy. Letterman made himself political and lost more than half his audience. Since he's made that leap, he's no longer funny.IMHO

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #655 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
There's been a lot of photoshopping going on where BO is concerned but, I read something sometime back about the mother's nude modeling and had the pics to prove it. I saw those you posted and some others. The story I read was that the mag photos of her couldn't be disproven

Including the birth certificate.

This the latest photo in question. It was a official photo added to Barrack Obama's personal Facebook page.

I notice on the www.drudgereport.com the largest website on the internet at the top of the page is this advertisement.
 Matt Drudge must not think this subject is looney tunes.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:41:35 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Eduard

« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »

Including the birth certificate.

This the latest photo in question. It was a official photo added to Barrack Obama's personal Facebook page.

I notice on the www.drudgereport.com the largest website on the internet at the top of the page is this advertisement.
 Matt Drudge must not think this subject is looney tunes.

got a link, Maxx?
realrussianmatch.com

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2012, 05:45:58 PM »
Suggested reading.

You can get/order this book at your local library.

GOB

http://www.amazon.com/Roots-Obamas-Rage-Dinesh-DSouza/dp/1596986255

The Roots of Obama's Rage
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Maxx2

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #659 on: August 21, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
Regardless of all the silliness, methinks Obama is going to get re-elected. Face it, this country is pestered with social leeches and lazy scumbags. They easily outnumber hard-working folks these days. Then add in illegal aliens to the mix, this country's screwed.

Entitlement and Free Grab Bags is this country's present theme.

When my wife got her citizenship, it was held in the LA convention. I remember mine was held in the Federal building downtown moons ago and there couldn't have been more than 200 folks there that afternoon waving those cute little Stars and Stripes. At the convention, it was nothing short of a cattle round-up. There was a sea of humanity and that was for the morning session. Word was, the afternoon session is even bigger. They hold these twice every month. Estimate for the morning session, easy 5,000.

The celebration was represented by 80 nationalities. The Top 5 countries were, in order: Mexico (huge applause), The Philippines, El Salvador, Thailand, Vietnam. I counted 5 Russian, including my wife.

They separated the guest/s and relatives from the celebs and wifey had to take a seat along with everyone else...as it was such a cool experience for both of us, we started exchanging text messages. My wife sent me one that said....

"Great! 4,999 Democrats, 1 Republican" with a smiley face.

I just don't see Obama losing the way things are in this country today.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #660 on: August 21, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »
Great story GQ. It really sums up what is happening to America today.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #661 on: August 22, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
Regardless of all the silliness, methinks Obama is going to get re-elected. Face it, this country is pestered with social leeches and lazy scumbags. They easily outnumber hard-working folks these days. Then add in illegal aliens to the mix, this country's screwed.

Entitlement and Free Grab Bags is this country's present theme.

When my wife got her citizenship, it was held in the LA convention. I remember mine was held in the Federal building downtown moons ago and there couldn't have been more than 200 folks there that afternoon waving those cute little Stars and Stripes. At the convention, it was nothing short of a cattle round-up. There was a sea of humanity and that was for the morning session. Word was, the afternoon session is even bigger. They hold these twice every month. Estimate for the morning session, easy 5,000.

The celebration was represented by 80 nationalities. The Top 5 countries were, in order: Mexico (huge applause), The Philippines, El Salvador, Thailand, Vietnam. I counted 5 Russian, including my wife.

They separated the guest/s and relatives from the celebs and wifey had to take a seat along with everyone else...as it was such a cool experience for both of us, we started exchanging text messages. My wife sent me one that said....

"Great! 4,999 Democrats, 1 Republican" with a smiley face.

I just don't see Obama losing the way things are in this country today.
I think that there is a sleepy silent majority that's about to wake up. I haven't lost hope just yet.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #662 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »

There is one factor everyone is forgetting about, RON PAUL. While everyone here sees him as lost they are forgetting his supporters. Do you think a Ron Paul supporter is going to vote for Romney/Ryan? What you don't know is that us Ron Paul supporters have been keeping track the delegate conventions and their aftermath.

Below is stuff you didn't know.
So far, Romney and the GOP have contested the Ron Paul wins in Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts and Oregon. They threw out the Massachusetts Ron Paul delegates after the GOP tried to force the delegates to sign a long legal document that required them to vote for Romney. This was not something that had ever been done before. The GOP allowed Romney, big lawyers and big bullying to invalidate Ron Paul's solid win in Massachusetts.
As in the other states, the Ron Paul delegates in Maine played by the rules and won. Even Governor LePage of Maine, a Republican, is appalled with GOP efforts to throw out the duly-elected Ron Paul delegates.

Nationwide
[/size]Ron Paul supporters represented about 10% of the Republican vote during the primaries. About 20% or more in certain states. Do you think we are going to vote for people who treat us so shabby? People who have cheated to deny Ron Paul his 15 minute speaking slot at the convention? Gary Johnson Libertarian candidate for president (Ron Paul without Roe verse Wade) will get our votes or we will sit it out. Can you say Ross Perot '92? So in my opinion the GOP blew it. Instead of welcoming in Ron Paul and his millions of enthusiastic supporters and frankly the youth of America "the next generation" who see how the establishment is robbing them of their future, they bring us Bob Dole and John Mc Cain retreads. And "Ryan"? just another neocon war hawk who can't propose a real debt reducing budget because he won't cut military spending but rather chooses to increase it. And Romney? Just another corporatist financed by the same people (Goldman Sachs etcetera) that Obama is. [/font][/font]

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #663 on: August 22, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »
I think that there is a sleepy silent majority that's about to wake up. I haven't lost hope just yet.

Eduard,  those who take much more than they give are the majority.
They are wide awake and ready to defend their position.

25% of the people paid 87.3% of the Federal Income taxes.

That means 75% of the people only paid the remaining 12.7%
You think these 75% are going to vote to change this?

These (and similar figures for different years) figures can be found on dozens of Federal and Independent websites such as:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-individual-income-tax-data-0
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #664 on: August 22, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »

With stuff like this? Forget it.

Just Think No By MAUREEN DOWD Published: August 21, 2012 There’s something trying about an unforgiving man suddenly in need of forgiveness.

Yet Todd Akin is right. He shouldn’t have to get out of the United States Senate race in Missouri simply for saying what he believes. He reflects a severe stance on abortion that many in his party embrace, including the new vice presidential candidate.

“I talk about one word, one sentence, one day out of place, and, all of a sudden, the entire establishment turns on you,” Representative Akin complained to the conservative radio talk-show host Dana Loesch on Tuesday as he spurned pleas from Mitt Romney and other G.O.P. big shots to abort his bid. He continued: “They just ran for cover at the first sign of any gunfire, and I think we need to rush to the gunfire.”

He’s right again. Other Republicans are trying to cover up their true identity to get elected. Even as party leaders attempted to lock the crazy uncle in the attic in Missouri, they were doing their own crazy thing down in Tampa, Fla., by reiterating language in their platform calling for a no-exceptions Constitutional amendment outlawing abortion, even in cases of rape, incest and threat to the life of the mother.

Paul Ryan, who teamed up with Akin in the House to sponsor harsh anti-abortion bills, may look young and hip and new generation, with his iPod full of heavy metal jams and his cute kids. But he’s just a fresh face on a Taliban creed — the evermore antediluvian, anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-gay conservative core. Amiable in khakis and polo shirts, Ryan is the perfect modern leader to rally medieval Republicans who believe that Adam and Eve cavorted with dinosaurs.

In asserting that women have the superpower to repel rape sperm, Akin ratcheted up the old chauvinist argument that gals who wear miniskirts and high-heels are “asking” for rape; now women who don’t have the presence of mind to conjure up a tubal spasm, a drone hormone, a magic spermicidal secretion or mere willpower to block conception during rape are “asking” for a baby.

“The biological facts are perhaps inconvenient, but whether the egg meets the sperm is a matter of luck or prevention,” says Dr. Paul Blumenthal, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology who directs the Stanford Program for International Reproductive Education and Services. “If wishing that ‘I won’t get pregnant right now’ made it so, we wouldn’t need contraceptives.”
When you wish upon a rape.

Dr. Blumenthal is alarmed that Akin is a member of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

“What is very disturbing to me is that people like Mr. Akin who have postulated this secret mechanism for avoiding pregnancy have developed their own make-believe world of science based on entirely self-serving beliefs of convenience or just ignorance,” he said. “I don’t think we want these people to be responsible for the lives of others.”

But, for all the Republican cant about how they want to keep government out of the lives of others, the ultraconservatives are panting to meddle in the lives of others. Contrary to President Obama’s refreshing assertion Monday that a bunch of male politicians shouldn’t be making health care decisions for women, this troglodyte tribe of men and Bachmann-esque women craves that responsibility.

“Next we’ll be trying to take away the vote from women,” lamented Alex Castellanos, a Republican strategist who advised Romney in the 2008 race. “How can we be the party of cool and make the generational leap forward when we have these recidivist ideas at the very core of our base?”

Akin defended the incendiary comment he made on a Missouri TV show — “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down” — by saying he wasn’t talking about rapists being legitimate, but rather “false claims” of rape, “like those made in Roe versus Wade.” He said he meant to say “forcible rape.” Oh, that’s ever so much better.
Akin, Ryan et al. have made it their business to designate which rapes are legitimate, joining up to push Orwellian legislation last year to narrow the definition of rape to “forcible rape.”

And Mitt, who was for abortion rights (except for Mormons he counseled) before he was against them, in his last presidential bid went after the endorsement of Dr. John Willke, a former president of the National Right to Life Committee and father of the inanity about rape victims being able to turn back sperm if they put their mind and muscles to it.

The nutty doctor hypothesized: “This is a traumatic thing. She’s, shall we say, she’s uptight.” Adding, “She is frightened, tight, and so on. And sperm, if deposited in her vagina, are less likely to be able to fertilize. The tubes are spastic.”

Akin is right in saying this race should be about “who we are as a people.”

It should also be about who they are. They are people who want to be in your life, deep in your life, even when they say they don’t.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/opinion/dowd-just-think-no.html?_r=1&ref=opinion
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #665 on: August 22, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

Unfortunately Eduard, I concur with ML's ensuing response. I haven't yet added the effect of the Union to its membership. We are headed into an undesirable future, at least for those held the values of opportunities through hard work.

FWIW, there are cities and municipalities here in California (Stockton, Los Angeles, San Jose, Irvine, San Bernardino) that had gone broke and/or declared BKs caused by those silly unsustainable union pensions the like of which this present administration WANT to take this country to head-on. Greece, the best rated pensioned society in the world today also, and coincidentally, is the country with the worst economic state in the modern day free enterprise society.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »
If people really would not want Obama re-elected, could they not come up with a better candidate to run against him?
From across the ocean it may be wrong, but Romey comes across as someone who should not lead one of the most powerful countries in the world, simply due to having some points of view that do not agree with modern society, and getting caught in multiple seemingly ignorant errors.

Why can a country that has brought forward so many great leaders not find a better candidate (once again viewed from across the ocean)?
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BC

« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:36 AM »
Why can a country that has brought forward so many great leaders not find a better candidate (once again viewed from across the ocean)?

Shadow,

It seems the 'bar' to measure candidates has little to do with actual ability.  The most important factors are:

They are mainstream religious.  Regular church goers is a plus.
Their moral record is squeaky clean.
No skeletons in the closet.
No prior scandals.
Are healthy.
Good schooling.
Their record shows they pretty much follow the 'party line'

With those criteria alone, most members of congress, senate, governors etc are excluded... not much left to choose from even though there are surely many who would make more knowledgable, experienced and even better candidates.

This applies to both parties.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2012, 03:32:45 AM »
Shadow,

It seems the 'bar' to measure candidates has little to do with actual ability.  The most important factors are:

They are mainstream religious.  Regular church goers is a plus.
Their moral record is squeaky clean.
No skeletons in the closet.
No prior scandals.
Are healthy.
Good schooling.
Their record shows they pretty much follow the 'party line'

With those criteria alone, most members of congress, senate, governors etc are excluded... not much left to choose from even though there are surely many who would make more knowledgable, experienced and even better candidates.

This applies to both parties.
Let's exclude the first line and see if it increases the candidates.
After all, the founding fathers of the USA were not exactly fan of religion inluencing State in any way.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BC

« Reply #669 on: August 23, 2012, 04:35:21 AM »
Let's exclude the first line and see if it increases the candidates.
After all, the founding fathers of the USA were not exactly fan of religion inluencing State in any way.

I doubt it would...  after all most Presidents were already elected to other public posts.. Congressmen, Governors etc

Religion is such an entwined factor it just won't go away..  Same sex marriages, abortion are always somewhere in the mix.

Lobbying efforts of religious groups is getting close to a half billion per year....

http://www.newsmax.com/US/pew-research-religious-lobbies/2011/11/22/id/418849

If Romney wins, he will be the first non Christian President since Nixon who was a Quaker (likely non practicing).

We've all heard of 'Separation of Church and State' but in essence and practice the line is quite fuzzy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust

Recent evidence:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/08/23/christian-groups-support-akin.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:44:45 AM by BC »

Offline BC

« Reply #670 on: August 23, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »
I just ran across this....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48762745

Isn't it kind of sad that any form of government economic stimulus immediately results in higher oil prices, lining the pockets of speculators and big oil from those who pay at the pump?

Is that not counter productive?  Talk about taking food out of a baby's mouth....

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #671 on: August 23, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
If people really would not want Obama re-elected, could they not come up with a better candidate to run against him?
From across the ocean it may be wrong, but Romey comes across as someone who should not lead one of the most powerful countries in the world, simply due to having some points of view that do not agree with modern society, and getting caught in multiple seemingly ignorant errors.

Wow shadow, have you not paid any attention to Barack Obama? He fits this criteria to a tee

Offline Gator

« Reply #672 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:33 AM »

If Romney wins, he will be the first non Christian President since Nixon who was a Quaker (likely non practicing).

If Romney is a non-Christian, WTF is Obama?

The Mormon faith does not adhere exactly with traditional Christianity, yet Christianity is broader than the Vatican doctrine and it encompasses LDS.   To consider the Mormon faith as non-Christian requires a rigorous theological analysis of which I doubt anyone here is capable of performing.  Selective reading of doctrinal disputes does not count. 

And Quakers not being Christian?   That's a good one.  If there is a difference between  Quakers and Christians, it would be  Quakers are kinder and gentler.   For example, practicing Friends (Quakers) avoid war as part of their Peace Testimony (so Nixon was not a devout Quaker).

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #673 on: August 23, 2012, 07:11:43 AM »
I just ran across this....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48762745

Isn't it kind of sad that any form of government economic stimulus immediately results in higher oil prices, lining the pockets of speculators and big oil from those who pay at the pump?

Is that not counter productive?  Talk about taking food out of a baby's mouth....

Sad indeed but, in all likelihood intentional. Government stimulus has morphed from the 1940s-50's with government cheese and milk that actually went into the mouths of the hungry into lining the pockets of political contributors. A practice that is not only allowed but encouraged by the lawmakers

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #674 on: August 23, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »
Quakers are kinder and gentler......(Quakers) avoid war........Nixon was not a devout Quaker).

:ROFL:

You ain't just a woofin' about that one Gator!

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541442
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1816
Total: 1825

+-Recent Posts

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM