It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212920 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
Ah, I see- the boys are staying with Northkape so he is looking for a woman with a child and his present wife is helping him in it!

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Ah, I see- the boys are staying with Northkape so he is looking for a woman with a child and his present wife is helping him in it!

This is the way it was done in Western society for 100s of years (I mean, the boys stay with the father).
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
Those who are financially savvy know that the best time to apply for a bank loan is when you don't need it right now.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »

Well then makes sense that she wants to hand pick a stepmommy for her boys. They are what, only 10? Poor kiddos  :(

What a bizarre story overall!
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Online northkape

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2013, 02:16:47 AM »
Natural,,,,
You said it, men are pigs (and women are bitches)
That's about all some are able to read out this tiny glimpse into my life with a "russian" wife………..
What fire,,,,,,,,
...comments from a few "armchair quarterbacks" representing a minuscule percentage of this worlds literate population.
I find some pleasure in writing this, as a way of philosophizing about my life, while memorizing it at the same time.
Also like myself, I think many of those reading here, enjoy reading "true to the life" stories illustrated with authentic photos.
It might, or not, inspire them, but those are my true audience.

I understand the worries about my boys.
They don't know about the divorce yet, and won't for a long time. We will tell it piece by piece in the coming year.
Lena will drive from us to work monday morning and return to us after work thursday evening (working at home one day a week)
My hometown is an hour away from where she works so my boys are glad she no longer needs to drive back and forth every day.
They have actvities after school all week so there won't be any change at all in the first year to come.
We both love our boys above all things, and all decisions were made to not harm them in any way.
Lena was willing to drop her career and find work locally,,,,, splitting custody 50/50.
But knowing how hard she has worked for it, for so many years, I agreed to taking care of them as much as necessary, and she having them as much as possible for her.

This small web page might give some insight into our life with the boys.
http://northkape.com/pictures
It's a part of the scheme I set up for finding the right woman, (more about that later).
Any intelligent woman with children understands immediately the harmony that must be present in a family like this.

Back to present day realities.
Yesterday I drove all the way from Kremenchug to Kharkov just to meet a single woman.
One I have communicated with somewhat sporadically for the last two months.
Educated with a nice job and a smart son she is very proud of.
I had mailed her this week about coming to visit friday or saturday and she had confirmed.
Before starting to drive I called her on the phone (first time).
She was a little confused, but then with a very happy voice told me she would be glad to meet with me later in the day.
Then an hour later I called again, telling my approximate arrival time in two hours. I was a little confused also from one small detail.
This was a lady who claimed to have only basic understanding of english, but here she was understanding and answering in english.
Well I called again after Poltava to discuss an "easy to find" place to meet. We agreed upon Mc.Donalds in Prospect Lenina.
Then a few minutes before my expected arrival time she calls (from another phone number), a little irritated, telling me she is waiting in front of Mc.Donalds.
I tell her I'm stuck in heavy traffic inside town but will be there in 10-15 minutes.
15 minutes later I'm unable to find her and she is not answering her phone.
I call the other number and she answers a little surprised,,,,,,,
telling me she had to drive back to her work (at seven saturday evening) and that she will call me within an hour about where to meet.
What a joke,,, feeling very happy that I didn't have to spend an evening of my time fndng it out
(along with a dinner and one of Lena's handpicked perfume bottles, had twenty of them to start with when arriving here)
I jumped into the car and started on the long drive to Kiev, of course she never called.
Driving into the night, I woke up sitting in the car a couple of hours ago.
Now I plan to find a place for a shower and then start calling the list of prospects I have in the Kiev area.
Jan

Offline Doll

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 03:31:51 AM »
(Бички так бички- получай))))))))
Well, girls (and guys), Northkape is being rude

That's about all some are able to read out this tiny glimpse into my life with a "russian" wife………..
What fire,,,,,,,,
...comments from a few "armchair quarterbacks" representing a minuscule percentage of this worlds literate population.
I find some pleasure in writing this, as a way of philosophizing about my life, while memorizing it at the same time.
Also like myself, I think many of those reading here, enjoy reading "true to the life" stories illustrated with authentic photos.

which only proves Mies (and us) is totally right.

Any intelligent woman with children understands immediately the harmony that must be present in a family like this.

Sure. An intelligent woman with a child will be trapped (for a while) in this harmony.
First of all, we are Russian mothers and know how close we are to our kids. Now, imagine the kids are taken from us. It is the worst nightmare. No career or "cute appartment" will replace two sons. Never.
We know it (RW).
Then, guys, I will never understand this "harmony" when a married man is dating other women being on vacation with his wife and sons.
Is this called "harmony"?
 So,  somebody "didn't have time to file for the divorce" but has time to date the crowd)) of "new women"?
Lena helps her husband (harmony) to date?

(Northkape, we, RW, don't have to sugarcoat what we write- we are Russians, ok?)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:38:56 AM by Doll »

Offline pitbull

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 04:44:37 AM »
Natural,,,,
What fire,,,,,,,,

I understand the worries about my boys.
They don't know about the divorce yet, and won't for a long time. We will tell it piece by piece in the coming year.
Lena will drive from us to work monday morning and return to us after work thursday evening (working at home one day a week)
My hometown is an hour away from where she works so my boys are glad she no longer needs to drive back and forth every day.
They have actvities after school all week so there won't be any change at all in the first year to come.
We both love our boys above all things, and all decisions were made to not harm them in any way.
Lena was willing to drop her career and find work locally,,,,, splitting custody 50/50.
But knowing how hard she has worked for it, for so many years, I agreed to taking care of them as much as necessary, and she having them as much as possible for her.

This small web page might give some insight into our life with the boys.
http://northkape.com/pictures
It's a part of the scheme I set up for finding the right woman, (more about that later).

Back to present day realities.
Yesterday I drove all the way from Kremenchug to Kharkov just to meet a single woman.
One I have communicated with somewhat sporadically for the last two months.
Educated with a nice job and a smart son she is very proud of.
I had mailed her this week about coming to visit friday or saturday and she had confirmed.
Before starting to drive I called her on the phone (first time).
She was a little confused, but then with a very happy voice told me she would be glad to meet with me later in the day.
Then an hour later I called again, telling my approximate arrival time in two hours. I was a little confused also from one small detail.
This was a lady who claimed to have only basic understanding

of english, but here she was understanding and answering in english.
Well I called again after Poltava to discuss an "easy to find" place to meet. We agreed upon Mc.Donalds in Prospect Lenina.
Then a few minutes before my expected arrival time she calls (from another phone number), a little irritated, telling me she is waiting in front of Mc.Donalds.
I tell her I'm stuck in heavy traffic inside town but will be there in 10-15 minutes.
15 minutes later I'm unable to find her and she is not answering her phone.
I call the other number and she answers a little surprised,,,,,,,
telling me she had to drive back to her work (at seven saturday evening) and that she will call me within an hour about where to meet.
What a joke,,, feeling very happy that I didn't have to spend an evening of my time fndng it out
(along with a dinner and one of Lena's handpicked perfume bottles, had twenty of them to start with when arriving here)
I jumped into the car and started on the long drive to Kiev, of course she never called.
Driving into the night, I woke up sitting in the car a couple of hours ago.
Now I plan to find a place for a shower and then start calling the list of prospects I have in the Kiev area.
Jan
Wow, you even set up an advertisement website! Do all these women you are dating now know that you are a married man and your wife will live with you for the next year? What a bizarre story!
Reminds of this US show about polygamists "sister wife". The current wives help the hubby to find and court a new one. Are you just looking for the second wife to spice up your marriage? Looks like key parts of this story are missing.

Offline Doll

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 04:53:12 AM »
They are missing but can be easily "guessed".
Poor Lena.

What can make a FSU woman go to Ukraine with her soon-to-be ex husband and help him to date many other Ukrainian women who this "soon-to-be" wants to marry?
My versions:
1) total insanity
2) despair
3) certain promises to let her keep the kids
4) emotional abuse (blackmail)

Agree, girls?

Offline Doll

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »
Пит, мормоны нервно курят в сторонке, так как они хоть жен не выгоняют.
Хотя, я видела эти кинухи про них.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
Пит, мормоны нервно курят в сторонке, так как они хоть жен не выгоняют.
Хотя, я видела эти кинухи про них.

История совершенно сюрреилистичная  :popcorn:

Looked at the website. Dozens of the kids' photos. Only two photos  in the our home section: kitchen and bedroom. I have a caption for North: "and these are the two areas where you will perform most of your job duties".  ;D ;D

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2013, 05:14:24 AM »
Then, guys, I will never understand this "harmony" when a married man is dating other women being on vacation with his wife and sons.
Is this called "harmony"?
 So,  somebody "didn't have time to file for the divorce" but has time to date the crowd)) of "new women"?
Lena helps her husband (harmony) to date?

Don't worry, Doll - I'm most definitely a guy, and even I think this has got to be the weirdest setup I've ever seen.  :cluebat:

As for my comments earlier in the thread about being a sucker for a true romance - I think that I, as with many others, have been truly "sucked in!"

Offline Doll

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2013, 05:28:42 AM »

История совершенно сюрреилистичная  :popcorn:

Looked at the website. Dozens of the kids' photos. Only two photos  in the our home section: kitchen and bedroom. I have a caption for North: "and these are the two areas where you will perform most of your job duties".  ;D ;D
Then the translation of the "harmony" for a "new" wife is- she is going to wrap her (AND her kid's) life around the father and the boys.
See these piano lessons, swimming and gymnastics? This is what she is going to do in her "free time".
Бички так бички)))))))))
And yes- kitchen, cleaning, serving.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:32:31 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 05:40:21 AM »

Don't worry, Doll - I'm most definitely a guy, and even I think this has got to be the weirdest setup I've ever seen.  :cluebat: 

Anotherkiwi, it is weirdest if you believe North when he says about "13 happy years of marriage".
Then he says they've been talking divorce "all the time" (for a while).
But this is nothing. "Something" is that  a FSU woman agrees to go to Ukraine and help him to date while still married.
My strongest version- Lena is promised (in exchange) to keep the boys.
And sure- North's dates all know about him being married and intending to live with his wife for another year. >:D

Or is it another form of adultery?
Bingo???????????????? >:D

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
They are missing but can be easily "guessed".
Poor Lena.

What can make a FSU woman go to Ukraine with her soon-to-be ex husband and help him to date many other Ukrainian women who this "soon-to-be" wants to marry?
My versions:
1) total insanity
2) despair
3) certain promises to let her keep the kids
4) emotional abuse (blackmail)

Agree, girls?

Yes. totally. Very mentally unhealthy situation. 

Bizaar suggestion but may be Lena trying to prevent the situation when a new woman comes in for a visit the next day after the previous left, like it was the last time the OP was looking for a wife?
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Doll

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2013, 06:21:05 AM »
When this "new" woman comes to this "harmony" and understands it (in a year)))) she will run away.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2013, 06:30:54 AM »
Anotherkiwi, it is weirdest if you believe North when he says about "13 happy years of marriage".
Then he says they've been talking divorce "all the time" (for a while).
But this is nothing. "Something" is that  a FSU woman agrees to go to Ukraine and help him to date while still married.
My strongest version- Lena is promised (in exchange) to keep the boys.
And sure- North's dates all know about him being married and intending to live with his wife for another year. >:D

Or is it another form of adultery?

Bingo???????????????? >:D

Doll, now you are just extrapolating with some hyperbole. You couldn't possibly know these things or even guess half-assed correctly unless you know Lena and their situation. She might have already found a bigger, better deal to replace him and thus encouraging anything to get rid of him. You just don't know. It's highly unlikely North given his marketing campaign is going to state anything reflecting him in a bad light.

I agree, it is a very bizarre set-up and God help the woman that would that would thrust herself or be drawn into it. Just because Lena is an FSUW doesn't exclude her as the catalyst. You just do not know. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
Hi NorthKape,

It sounds like you had a pretty good run with your wife that is now ending.  I find it interesting that you have a good enough relationship with her, that she is helping you find another lady.  I've never heard of such a thing.  I would say that if you can maintain such good relations, it would be helpful for your two boys.  Do you have any ideas on how you are going to communicate about this divorce to them?  They may be noticing subtle changes already, so in my estimation it would be a good idea to sit with your current wife and the boys and let them know how divorce is going to change things, and also convey the things that are not going to change, such as your devotion towards them.

BTW: thanks for the pics, the house in Scandinavia is pretty neat..those chairs and the table fitted into the wall are not things i have seen.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Doll

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »
Faux, nobody here (except for North) knows.
We all are just talking.

Offline Doll

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
Forgot to add- there is NO "bigger better deal" for  FSU woman if her kids are going to stay with her ex. Unless she is totally out of her mind.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
Why Ukraine again?

Doll, even though Northkape omits many dots, I can connect  the few dots that he does provide.  Northkape has two reasons for going to Ukraine:

First, he needs to establish the false impression that he is searching for a new wife, thus  concealing from immigration authorities  his plan to marry his current wife's younger sister.  The two sisters wish to unite permanently  in Norway.

His second reason for going to Ukraine is to attend the birth of Wife Number 4.

What other explanation is plausible?  Where is the tongue-in-cheek emoticon?

Offline Doll

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2013, 05:04:26 PM »
 :clapping:

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2013, 06:19:59 AM »
OP
I think that now you have not yet finished your mourny of your wife. In fact it is time to really divorce. You have pass the deny time now. I understand how it is difficult. Lena was not only a good woman but also IMHO the most beautiful ones among all others girlfriends.
You should finish your mourny before getting in the search in an other wife. I think it is why you get a large hostility from ladies here.
I understand your pain, but you need to clean Lena first.
Restarting a complete search in FSU is huge task.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Doll

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Not sure how it works in Norway but I guess the dovirce with two kids will last for a while.
At least, if I were Lena I would fight till "the last drop of blood" for my kids.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
Not sure how it works in Norway but I guess the dovirce with two kids will last for a while.
At least, if I were Lena I would fight till "the last drop of blood" for my kids.

I think most women would fight for their children IF it came to that.  In this case there doesn’t appear to be a fight, so there would be no reason to start one, or delay the divorce process.  The danger of starting a fight when one is not necessary is that it can spoil what otherwise could be a good working relationship between ex-spouses. This would wind up hurting the kids, which is counter to what most women (or men) want to do.   
Maybe I'm missing something this guy wrote, but from what I've read the spouses seem to be handling this pretty good.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gylden

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
COUPLES who share housework duties run a higher risk of divorce than couples  where the woman does most of the chores, a Norwegian study sure to get tongues  wagging has shown.                          

Read more:  http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/higher-risk-of-divorce-when-men-do-housework/story-fnet09y4-1226482988387#ixzz2ZhwtQN3C

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1969
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM