It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anti-Scam Table  (Read 43086 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Anti-Scam Table
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
Guys, I'm shocked! Your table result for me is: "She is almost certainly a scammer"  ME? A scammer? Well, I haven't been at this forum for a while, but I hope some members still remember me here. Did I sound like a scammer?
Rose, if you repeat your test, capture the screen showing your answers/result, and send it to Dan, we can determine which question(s) gave you such a bad reputation, and adjust their "weight" accordingly.
I think this table doesn't show the whole picture and is not reliable in the process of the identification of scammers.
Any suggestions to widen the picture and make it more reliable are quite welcome.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline rjd400

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 06:03:10 AM »

-Pro
      Most dangerous type. Never asks for money, instead waits and earns the trust of the correspondent. Should the correspondent offer her money, she will resist at first, and then finally agree to accept it. They are mind manipulators - usually with good mastery of the English language.  They organize phone call sessions or, often, give their mobile numbers to make their correspondents feel more comfortable.  Scam could go on for months at a time, with daily personal emails and chats that go on for hours.

Don't know how I missed this thread before.  This is really my only concern currently.  All the other scams, you would think, are pretty easy to see, and you can prevent it pretty easily.  But with this one, you can't tell the difference between a sincere person, and pro, until you are already knee deep.  I would think, particularly important, is the advice I've gotten here several times, and that is to never be afraid to walk away, regardless of how much sunk cost (time, money, effort) you may have.  Another reason why I'm taking the mindset that my first trip is for true tourism, with the added benefit of meeting my current "pen pal" and if something works out, great.  If not (either for lack of chemistry, or red flags once I'm there), then I enjoy the trip just the same.

I'm really glad I found this site.  Not even so much for the straight forward information (which of course it great) but to help new guys like me keep the process in perspective and keep the right frame of mind.

Offline veritas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
Dan,

When is this "Anti-Scam Table" gonna be ready (again?) ... I'd like to see what this is about ...

Kevin

Offline iloveukrayinkas

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 11:40:45 PM »

-Pro
      Most dangerous type. Never asks for money, instead waits and earns the trust of the correspondent. Should the correspondent offer her money, she will resist at first, and then finally agree to accept it. They are mind manipulators - usually with good mastery of the English language.  They organize phone call sessions or, often, give their mobile numbers to make their correspondents feel more comfortable.  Scam could go on for months at a time, with daily personal emails and chats that go on for hours.

I can atest to the validity of this. I even was a victim of such type of scammer in my own country Guatemala.
The infamous woman was someone who worked close to my business. So it happens that someone who knew
her told me that she had been investigating about me as once I bought a juice for her from the guy who sold
her the juices every 2 or 3 days.
After I sent her that juice she didn't respond at all, didn't even say thank you. After a couple of days I saw
her with one of her friends mumbling things about me, she tried to be discreet but it was obvious she was
talking about me as the other person stared at me creepily.
She had also been talking behind my back with her boss, someone who knew my family, not me.
Turns out that when we actually made contact, like 1 or 2 weeks later after the juice, she said
"You know what? I'm gonna invite you to lunch. I know this good restaurant closeby where I go
to eat. You don't have to pay for anything."
After we had lunch she again stated: "Yes, don't worry about anything! From now on I'll be paying
for everything we eat when we go out. "
Me: "Oh really? So you're saying I won the lottery or something. You must be rich."
That first time I said I would at least pay for my own lunch but she refused and even got a 100 bill
out perhaps to try to impress me.
Later in the conversation she said: "Oh, I'm earning good
money on my job so I can easily pay my own way. .. etc...etc...etc"
After a couple of weeks she started saying that her boss didn't pay her on time and that the
checks that she had given her had bounced , implying that I should give her some money to get by.

So basically, the first outings she payed for both of us or at least payed for her own food and even
offered to pay for the parking, so that got me a little bit confused thinking that perhaps she could be
someone worthwhile.

THE TOTAL OPPOSITE!

Later on she started asking me for money. I lent her some money at first, which she never payed back
and later on she asked for more money! Supposedly what she needed to pay her attorney for her divorce.
(that was the other part of her SCAM btw)...
I mean, the first time I gave her money she had been complaining several times that her boss wasn't
paying her in time, so I got a little bit preoccupied with this whole situation as I felt that perhaps our
"relationship" had escalated already as we were already french kissing and stuff but she was pretty much
just a fling and someone not to be taken seriously in any sort of way. What impressed me more or where
she got me was
when I offered her I could lend her some money but she refused to receive it so I offered it twice or three times,
I don't remember that exact detail. I believe she had been using a psychological technique in
where she continuosly repeated that she had no money , nor savings and that her boss was refusing to pay
her on time to make me pity her and for me to voluntarily give her money. So when I offered the money
she refused to accept it, stating she was very "Ashamed"
and that when it came to these type of situations she had difficulties accepting these types of aids so I
offered the money as a loan thinking that that would help her get rid of the "shame". Later on she falsely
offered to pay me back that money, but expecting me to dismiss it as she even said that she didn't even
remember how much I had given her.

The stories were always changed, she even forgot the name she made up for the so called divorce attorney and the
money was actually for some bastard that had given her a ride one day and who got into a car accident
shortly after dropping her off.

I should also mention that this byotch even wanted to make me believe we were in a relationship when we
obviously were not, making me spend on a weekend trip to a place about 5 hours away from the city and then
she just ditched me after she got what she wanted.

So this is actually the way they work you. They investigate you, find out about you with their peers or people
who know you and from what you may stupidly brag about in front of her .
They say they have money, they have a nice job, they can pay
their way for their stuff and everything to make you LOWER YOUR GUARD or even ELIMINATE YOUR GUARD
COMPLETELY!! After they've gained your trust then they can start probing you to see how much they can
get out of you in the form of quick loans and stuff.

Beware of this scam and all types of scams. I even dare to say that women who ask for money within
the first months of getting to know are 100% percent scammers. I mean farther down the road, perhaps
in 6 to 8 months maybe more, she can be in desperate need of some help, but not immediately after
meeting you.

So there you have it guys! I hope this experience can help somebody in the future and KNOW that this
can happen to anybody, even to the best of us, because they are clever, not necessarily smart but
they work on your weaknesses and develop a plan to take you down.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:48:10 PM by iloveukrayinkas »
Life won't get easier. You just have to get stronger.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2020, 07:42:12 AM »

iloveurkrayinks, these scam stories from a Guatemala woman and FSU agencies you've been telling us to help other guys, don't tell your next girlfriend.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »

Beware of this scam and all types of scams. I even dare to say that women who ask for money within
the first months of getting to know are 100% percent scammers. I mean farther down the road, perhaps
in 6 to 8 months maybe more, she can be in desperate need of some help, but not immediately after
meeting you.

See the Double Dealers thread By Sandro ...Speaking of which--- where has he been.. does anyone know?
Sandro43 Last Active: April 08, 2020
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1598.0
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »
See the Double Dealers thread By Sandro ...Speaking of which--- where has he been.. does anyone know?
Sandro43 Last Active: April 08, 2020
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1598.0

He passed away on 10 April.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279