It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 293470 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #2025 on: May 22, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »
Had to chuckle to myself at this little story:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-life-shattered-after-partner-27030547?int_source=mantis_rec&int_medium=web&int_campaign=more_like_this

Don't think it shows a pic of his wife, odds are nothing glamourous. My guess is Ukrainian girl will marry the dude to get a visa for a permanent stay then ditch him and go for an upgrade to a more wealthier guy. A case of Ukrainian girl grasping to get up the pole.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2026 on: May 22, 2022, 07:31:29 AM »
"You'll own/eat/have nothing and like it!"

Then the French will eat cake
and it will taste much better than the vegamite and dingo burgers you eat

look, we here on RWD, all understand
that your ancestors were kicked out of the UK and sent to a penal colony and became sheep herders
and you couldn’t get laid in Ukraine if your freakin life depended on it
however, none of us feel any sympathy towards you
nope, we all find you irritating, like a bad rash, that needs some ointment applied

instead of working towards overcoming your many obvious issues
you instead want to annoy US with them, like your Putin fetish for example
I mean, seriously?  What kind of borderline homoerotic adolescent hero worship is this?
Sounds like the kind that’s derived from complete and total sexual frustration

Confucious said, “man who has sex problem, will have solution in hand”
so perhaps that may give you some insight into solving your conundrum
unless that hasn’t worked for you either
sad...

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2027 on: May 22, 2022, 07:45:30 AM »
 YouTube has taken down more than 70,000 videos and 9,000 channels related to the war in Ukraine for violating content guidelines, including removal of videos that referred to the invasion as a “liberation mission”.

YouTube did not provide a breakdown of the taken-down content and channels but Mohan said much of it represented Kremlin narratives about the invasion. “I don’t have the specific numbers, but you can imagine a lot of it being the narratives that are coming from Russian government, or Russian actors on behalf of the Russian government,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/may/22/youtube-ukraine-invasion-russia-video-removals
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #2028 on: May 22, 2022, 08:01:14 AM »
Quote from: rwd123

The European leaders are utterly clueless. Just about fell out of my chair laughing at Turkey and Croatia's responses to Sweden and Finland's applications for NATO membership. Pat - I hope you're ready for the next French revolution! You'll own/eat/have nothing and like it!

Turkey wants everyone to let them.kill their kurds wihout anyone saying* that's not nice*

They will get over it. There is good reason they joined in 1952 ,and they have remained.
Their continued transparent operation of the straights is crucial to their own security as well.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2029 on: May 22, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »

The food crisis is heating up globally. Europe is attempting to starve the Ukrainians as much as the Russians by emptying UA food stores. Small problem for the Europeans - it has to be transported via Belarus, and the Baltic ports aren't designed for such exports... so may need to be exported via... Saint Petersburg!

The European leaders are utterly clueless. Just about fell out of my chair laughing at Turkey and Croatia's responses to Sweden and Finland's applications for NATO membership. Pat - I hope you're ready for the next French revolution! You'll own/eat/have nothing and like it!

So what's your proposed solution?   For Ukrainians to lay down arms and let Russians come in and summarily execute civilians, and rape women and children into submission? If they refuse, they can just be shot, or removed to "filtration camps" for "reconditioning".  To let them ban the Ukrainian language (as has been done in the past by Russia), because botox addict Putin doesn't believe Ukrainians exist?  Heck, why stop there?  Let them reestablish Russian preeminence in the Baltics, the "stans", Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia.  Let them redeploy Russian troops all the way to the middle of Berlin.  That will surely result in peace!  Let's hand all the farmlands in Ukraine over to Putin's inner circle.  I am certain that once Russian oligarchs control the most fertile land in the world, they will feed the world, benevolently.  We can build a shrine to Putin, and worship daily.  All news, from Vladivostok to Lisbon, can be provided by Russia Today.  No need for other press sources, when Mother Russia is capable of keeping the masses properly informed. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:18:35 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2030 on: May 22, 2022, 10:44:08 AM »
Boe, stop holding back !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #2031 on: May 22, 2022, 11:33:45 AM »
OMG.

The delusion is strong. I know you don't like Russian military actions but stay in touch with reality.

Apparently ALL of them have now surrendered (in Azovstal).

The food crisis is heating up globally. Europe is attempting to starve the Ukrainians as much as the Russians by emptying UA food stores. Small problem for the Europeans - it has to be transported via Belarus, and the Baltic ports aren't designed for such exports... so may need to be exported via... Saint Petersburg!
 :cluebat:

Concerning cereals France is the first producer in the UE. 
Even if Ukraine is exporting 40% fewer cereals than it's used to doing, it's around 4% of the world's production. 
Concerning the french revolution, it could be, but that's not new it started before the Covid with the yellow jackets.
You will be surprised but the main reasons were 1/ the prices of oil 2/ the 80 km/h (the speed was 90 km/h before on most French roads).

Of course, nowadays the purchase power problem is more present than 4 years ago.
But the destruction of the middle class is an ongoing process for 40 years and it's not happening in France only.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2032 on: May 22, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »
Good solution BO,
but do you think Putin’s statue should be larger than “The Motherland Calls” statue in Volgograd, or the same size?  And also don’t forget renaming St. Petersburg as Putinpolskiberg

Pat, sorry about the decline of France’s middle class, it’s all CLEARLY Biden’s fault, too bad you do’t get Fox News in France to hear the pravda, er I mean truth, instead of Le Figaro or whatever

PS
bonus read about Putin's EARLY cocaine smuggling days, before it evolved into its current form which I can't comment on
http://www.rferl.org/a/putin-cocaine-connection/31855099.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:16:05 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2033 on: May 22, 2022, 12:34:47 PM »
Good solution BO,
but do you think Putin’s statue should be larger than “The Motherland Calls” statue in Volgograd, or the same size?  And also don’t forget renaming St. Petersburg as Putinpolskiberg.

Of course, the statue should be larger.  There would also be smaller versions, so that individuals can have replicas in their mandatory home shrines, with three candles always lit, and frankincense, myrrh, and rose incense burned 24/7.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #2034 on: May 22, 2022, 01:19:51 PM »
hopefully it's not done in Greco-Roman nude style, otherwise they'd have to put fake owls on his willy, so the pigeons don't perch there, geeezzz

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #2035 on: May 22, 2022, 02:33:08 PM »
hopefully it's not done in Greco-Roman nude style, otherwise they'd have to put fake owls on his willy, so the pigeons don't perch there, geeezzz

:ROFL:
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2036 on: May 22, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »
YouTube has taken down more than 70,000 videos and 9,000 channels related to the war in Ukraine for violating content guidelines, including removal of videos that referred to the invasion as a “liberation mission”.

YouTube did not provide a breakdown of the taken-down content and channels but Mohan said much of it represented Kremlin narratives about the invasion. “I don’t have the specific numbers, but you can imagine a lot of it being the narratives that are coming from Russian government, or Russian actors on behalf of the Russian government,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/may/22/youtube-ukraine-invasion-russia-video-removals

Oh dear..what will rwd123 watch now ? :popcorn:
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2037 on: May 22, 2022, 03:40:19 PM »
OMG.

The delusion is strong. I know you don't like Russian military actions but stay in touch with reality.

Apparently ALL of them have now surrendered (in Azovstal).

:cluebat:

If you read what i said .. i said "quite possible".

You do realize that possible isn't the same as saying they would not ?

Having said that i am surprised the Azov Battalion surrendered..orders or not...because there's a high chance they'll be tortured and executed by the Russians...with the Russian Parliament calling for them to be designated as terrorists.

As i posted before they surrendered if it was me i'd have gone down fighting orders or not..not because i'm particularly heroic,but i'd rather that than let the innocent women and children raping, then executing ,Russian Orcs get their hands on me.

By the way,regarding staying in touch with reality and delusion.... how's your "the war will be over in days" prediction back in February working out for you ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:45:02 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2038 on: May 22, 2022, 03:49:00 PM »

So what's your proposed solution?   For Ukrainians to lay down arms and let Russians come in and summarily execute civilians, and rape women and children into submission? If they refuse, they can just be shot, or removed to "filtration camps" for "reconditioning".  To let them ban the Ukrainian language (as has been done in the past by Russia), because botox addict Putin doesn't believe Ukrainians exist?  Heck, why stop there?  Let them reestablish Russian preeminence in the Baltics, the "stans", Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia.  Let them redeploy Russian troops all the way to the middle of Berlin.  That will surely result in peace!  Let's hand all the farmlands in Ukraine over to Putin's inner circle.  I am certain that once Russian oligarchs control the most fertile land in the world, they will feed the world, benevolently.  We can build a shrine to Putin, and worship daily.  All news, from Vladivostok to Lisbon, can be provided by Russia Today.  No need for other press sources, when Mother Russia is capable of keeping the masses properly informed.

You shouldn't have posted this Boe...rwd123 will be getting all excited at the thought of what you posted happening.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2039 on: May 22, 2022, 04:06:58 PM »

So what's your proposed solution?   
Negotiate a settlement. Unfortunately for the Ukrainian people there was a settlement that was ignored (Minsk Agreement), the US/UK 'advised' the Ukrainians in March not to negotiate, and the longer the conflict prevails the less bargaining power Elensky and co. will have.

Your post was an emotional outburst. Emotions won't resolve this conflict.

Putin wasn't lying when he said he didn't want to occupy Ukraine. It's simply being erased. Kherson is already Russia-d. Where next, Odesa? Dnipro? Kharkov? The Poles may pick up an eraser too and what will be left of Ukraine will resemble Moldova - a small, corrupt impoverished backwater in Eastern Europe.

I'm not advocating this - I'm simply the messenger.

As for Putin's mob controlling farmland... do you think the average Ukrainian benefits now? How much of it, and industrial production, is owned or controlled by Ukrainian oligarchs and foreign actors? One set of thieves replaced by another set of thieves.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2040 on: May 22, 2022, 04:14:57 PM »
Of course, nowadays the purchase power problem is more present than 4 years ago.
But the destruction of the middle class is an ongoing process for 40 years and it's not happening in France only.
I agree, but the process is accelerating. I am more concerned for Europeans than other places. I think they will be hit harder than other parts of the OECD.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2041 on: May 22, 2022, 05:48:39 PM »
Negotiate a settlement. Unfortunately for the Ukrainian people there was a settlement that was ignored (Minsk Agreement), the US/UK 'advised' the Ukrainians in March not to negotiate, and the longer the conflict prevails the less bargaining power Elensky and co. will have.

The failure of Minsk lies at the feet of first, the DPR and second, Russia.  Not Ukraine.  Not the EU.  Not the US. 

Here is what the US stated:

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Monday that the United States and Ukraine are "united" in supporting the Minsk agreements as the way forward to resolve the conflict. But he also hinted that the agreement alone isn't a one-stop solution, highlighting the challenges that the agreement presents.

"Minsk does not spell out some issues of sequencing when it comes to the steps that the parties need to take," Blinken said, adding: "Ukraine's been approaching this in good faith. We have not to date seen Russia do the same."

Duncan Allan, associate fellow of the Russia and Eurasia Program at London's Chatham House think tank, wrote that ultimately the argument about Minsk is this: "Is Ukraine sovereign, as Ukrainians insist, or should its sovereignty be limited, as Russia demands?"

http://www.cnn.com/2022/02/09/europe/minsk-agreement-ukraine-russia-explainer-intl/index.html

That is hardly "advising Ukraine not to settle". 

You should try getting your information from sources other than Russia Today.

Your post was an emotional outburst. Emotions won't resolve this conflict.

Putin wasn't lying when he said he didn't want to occupy Ukraine. It's simply being erased. Kherson is already Russia-d. Where next, Odesa? Dnipro? Kharkov? The Poles may pick up an eraser too and what will be left of Ukraine will resemble Moldova - a small, corrupt impoverished backwater in Eastern Europe.

I'm not advocating this - I'm simply the messenger.

As for Putin's mob controlling farmland... do you think the average Ukrainian benefits now? How much of it, and industrial production, is owned or controlled by Ukrainian oligarchs and foreign actors? One set of thieves replaced by another set of thieves.

Uh, no.  It was sarcasm.

Yes, Putin wasn't lying about occupying Ukraine directly.  Rather, he wished to install a puppet regime.  Which is, de facto, the same thing. 

48% of Ukraine's farmland is farmed by individual Ukrainians.  There are two or three oligarchs who farm large tracts of land, and the rest is leased to foreign corporations.  Ukraine has had moratoriums on land devolution since 2001.  It can't be purchased, banks won’t lend on lands because they can't be seized, and there is no way to purchase land outright.  Foreign entities and a few oligarchs lease large tracts of land.

The restriction on land ownership (meaning it is leased from the state) was ruled illegal by the EU Court on Human Rights.  Land ownership reform was implemented July 1, 2021, and all purchases were tracked, to ensure oligarchs could not purchase lands.  Foreigners are not entitled to purchase lands.  That may change in 2024, subject to a national referendum on the issue. 

I don't see an issue with large scale farm operations.  Foreign ownership of farmland is restricted in most of Canada, but there is no restriction on foreign corporations leasing farmland, and that does occur.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 07:19:13 PM by Boethius »

Online krimster2

« Reply #2042 on: May 22, 2022, 07:23:24 PM »
Karl Marx said over 150 years ago

that the dynamics of private capital accumulation inevitably lead to the concentration of wealth in ever fewer hands

we live in era of ever increasing income income inequality, and this is why socialism is the subject of such negativity in right wing media

but the class war is being perverted into a cultural war, based on race and religion by the upper class to exert political control over the lower classes

agree or disagree?
Discuss amongst yourselves

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #2043 on: May 22, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »
Negotiate a settlement. Unfortunately for the Ukrainian people there was a settlement that was ignored (Minsk Agreement)

But there was already a negotiated settlement.  The Belovezh Accords.  This settlement was ignored by Russia.

There was another negotiated settlement.  The Budapest Memorandum.  This settlement was ignored by Russia.

Russia keeps negotiating settlements with Ukraine, and agrees to respect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity (as it was at the date of the agreements) and Russia keeps ignoring the agreements they have made.

It is not the US/UK fault that Ukraine doesn't want to negotiate a settlement with Russia.  This is 100% Russia's fault, as they have shown time and time again that they will not honor any agreement they make.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #2044 on: May 23, 2022, 05:59:31 AM »

Of course, the statue should be larger.  There would also be smaller versions, so that individuals can have replicas in their mandatory home shrines, with three candles always lit, and frankincense, myrrh, and rose incense burned 24/7.

Please don't infringe on my patent for the urinal freshener version.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online krimster2

« Reply #2045 on: May 23, 2022, 07:06:14 AM »
I have a patent for an electrified Putin urinal idol
one transformer lead goes to the idol, and the other to a metal plate on the floor
it has a voltage adjustment dial
I set mine to “stun” and find its effects to be very therapeutic
although it does throw off my aim
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:00:59 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2046 on: May 23, 2022, 03:34:35 PM »
Karl Marx said over 150 years ago

that the dynamics of private capital accumulation inevitably lead to the concentration of wealth in ever fewer hands

we live in era of ever increasing income income inequality, and this is why socialism is the subject of such negativity in right wing media

but the class war is being perverted into a cultural war, based on race and religion by the upper class to exert political control over the lower classes

agree or disagree?
Discuss amongst yourselves

I wouldn't disagree that some of that may be true, I think that  the rich often put a lot of their money into efforts to support the continuation of their privileged position. This may take place through the media, government/political parties, etc.

I think though that there is a more basic undercurrent to the issue of wealth also. Basically the dynamic of supply and demand most notably in relation to supply of labour and the demand for it but also for housing and for food. Population is a big issue here as the greater and greater population that has come about on this planet the more resources are split between an ever greater population. So housing tends to get more dense, more compact and less pleasant for most as a result. I think ever growing populations is the biggest problem here. Big supply of labour means that, that labour can be bought very cheaply. That means a lot of people having to work for very low wages and hence attain very low wealth.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #2047 on: May 23, 2022, 03:45:50 PM »
Russia has now suffered more military losses in three months in Ukraine than the Soviet Union did in nine years in Afghanistan.

Apparently Russia has now deployed ALL it's forces to Ukraine ..there are no reserves left.

All combat-ready units of the Russian Army are taking part in the war in Ukraine.

Even the only special peacekeeping brigade in Russia has already been sent to the war.

Moscow and other large cities of Russia are protected only by the police and Rossgvardia.

Meanwhile nearly 50 Defence leaders from around the World met today and agreed to send more advanced weapons to Ukraine...they see the opportunity to destroy Russia's military i suspect.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:26:20 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

Offline ML

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701