It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chișinău  (Read 38978 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Chișinău
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2022, 12:22:20 PM »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

Chișinău
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:16 PM »
Jumpy:  Don't worry, my girl was a scammer.  Trench can look for her no problem.   :D

I actually misread your post.
I thought you told TC to not look for *A* girl  in Moldova.

I did not read *my girl*

Apologies

TC good luck,and yes first impressions are important.

I tend to intentionally downplay wardrobe  a bit as it's completely not my thing.
I take the hit in that and if I cant overcome it,oh well, we likely wernt a good match anyway.
My off time is spent  riding or hiking or camping or fishing in forest,lakes ,beaches, mountains, creeks, rivers etc.
Odds someone into fashion even slightly  is a match for me ,are way way out there,so i dont sweat that aspect.

Everyone is different and your thoughts are generally a good idea on making a good first impression

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2022, 03:28:33 AM »
I actually misread your post.
I thought you told TC to not look for *A* girl  in Moldova.

I did not read *my girl*

Apologies

TC good luck,and yes first impressions are important.

I tend to intentionally downplay wardrobe  a bit as it's completely not my thing.
I take the hit in that and if I cant overcome it,oh well, we likely wernt a good match anyway.
My off time is spent  riding or hiking or camping or fishing in forest,lakes ,beaches, mountains, creeks, rivers etc.
Odds someone into fashion even slightly  is a match for me ,are way way out there,so i dont sweat that aspect.

Everyone is different and your thoughts are generally a good idea on making a good first impression

Thanks Jumper appreciate the input, I think it's good you're able to look at it from a different angle as many guys would just see how they are and not realise that others are different. Yeah the great outdoors is not really me, at least not in the full on sort of way. I don't mind the once in a blue moon camping (with airbed, comforts, etc) short walk for a day or so sort of thing or drive out into the countryside but overall it really not my sort of scene. I would rather be in a luxury hotel facility in a nice town or city centre enjoying what it had to offer. I have little in the way of all that hiking garb as it's not what I'm really into and never liked the look of all that stuff, it's all king of dark greens, browns and stuff, anoraks are a big turn off or me ;D

On many western dating sites they have pics of women into hiking and they're normally so clobbered up in gear I can't even make out who it is lol. Most come complete with the tea cosy on top and possibly sunglasses which completes the undercover agent look :ROFL:

I mean I know they are supposed to look the part but kind of think the hiking boots, often hiking stick and anorak or duffle coat dies that. I think just why couldn't they take off the tea cosy, remove the sunglasses just for the photo so the viewer could at least see a bit if what they look Iike, face, hair, etc. Even if the duffle coat or anorak is insuring their figure at least it would give some idea but instead they seem to always put up those perculiar photos where the viewer could possibly tell who it is :-\

Possibly it would be ok doing the odd hill walk for a bit if exercise but if I had a girl who wanted to do it frequently I think it would do my head in. I think I would feel that I'm wasting too much time up and down the countryside that could be better spent elsewhere. Cheap activity enough I guess but regularly not for me.

For me there is nothing better than a girl being in a tarty dress or skirt all the time :P That of course tends to happen in more comfortable locations. That's really the sort of girl I tend to enjoy, if she can cook well then that's a bonus doesn't need to be a lot as I do t mind eating out in restaurants etc. The beach & pool scene is also good for me but I can only take so much lounging around until I get bored. Walking around and exploring cities I don't mind as that can be mixed in with restaurants and seeing famous sights. I think I prefer famous sites more than museums as they can get a bit samey. I don't mind the odd bit of photography either again not all the time but those sort of pedestrian activities fit in well with me really. On western dating sites the extreme activity girls were the ones that used to really annoy me, all the bungie jumping, zip lining sort of girls, just such a cliche that they seemed to think every guy should fit into, just became really annoying to keep getting profiles like that come up, holds absolutely no appeal for me whatsoever.

So for me it's great that FSW are rarely into all that extreme sport stuff as the way they are tends to be a better fit for me I think possibly not absolutely perfect fit but way better for sure.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2022, 03:36:50 PM »
Learning a few more minutes of Russian tonight. Apparently looking up on Google it's reckon that learning Russian takes approximately 1100 hours to reach fluency whereas Romanian takes approximately half that time about 580 hours. Russia being essentially a Slavic language and harder to learn while Romanian mostly a Latin (or Romance) language and therefore more nearer to English but with some Slavic influence also.

Looking up it appears that Romanian is not well known in Ukraine or Russia so it's mostly limited to Romania & Moldova, Moldova having once been part of Romania. At the moment I've not got string enough reason to ditch learning Russian for Romanian as there's no telling if I will get with a girl in a relationship in Moldova. Apparently in Moldova, Romanian is the official language spoken most then Russian and after that and increasing is English. So I'll plonk along with Russian language learning for the time being, it's going slowly but slowly is better than not at all I think. When I have more time on my hands I think I will devote more time to learning Russian even more better. But for the moment learning a catch all language seems better to me still than a regional one unless I did meet a woman there of course.

Ideally Ukraine is likely a more comfortable fit than Moldova as a lot more Russian usage there I get the impression even if it's a sore topic at the moment and likely in future. Possibly I might meet a Ukrainian girl in Moldova so will just see how things go. The Russian language itself I kind of feel fairly at ease with it as I think my mind can grapple with the pronunciations as it's that way minded where I hear one struggle. I can see why as some words are a bit of a tongue twister but I can just about spit it out. When I was younger I used to roll my 'r's naturally so probably indicates that my mind is geared towards Russian pronunciation quite well. So yeah I don't think I'll get anywhere near fluent but a decent enough standard will do me.

Moldova seems a decent enough option for me at the moment, with more time available maybe Belarus, they've kept out if the war to date which kind of surprised me but Lukashenko seems to be a wily old sort and careful not to throw in his lot with Putler. So as they have kept out of it, it might still be one for me to consider in future.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2022, 05:18:00 AM »
Ok well Russian language learning decision been having the slight hang up about but looking online even though it's not as popular in usage in Ukraine as it was I think it's still the best investment across the board. No I wouldn't be popular there with it at the moment but it comes down to it just not making sense to put all my eggs in one basket in terms of learning Ukrainian, Romanian, etc. I really only have the time to learn one language and to be honest only the aptitude for it as well as I'm not a natural linguistic. In secondary school I was learning both French & German at the same time and it was hard going at first. French I had started learning from a younger age, around 11 and German I started learning around 13 so already learning French avoided the difficulty of starting learning two languages at the same time. That and they are both a bit different sounding to each other but not too far removed from English, German more so I feel. Ukrainian to me sounds like Russian backwards so it would really mess with my mind big time if I tried to learn Ukrainian I think, I would get all confused and muddled up with it all. I can see why some Ukrainians end up speaking a combination of both Ukrainian & Russian as the two are similar sounding even if different words. Romanian language is ok being Latin but I kind of just feel more of a bent towards learning Russian I think. Apart from already being invested in it and exploring it I guess I just like the nature of it in a way.

Above said I'm of course not committed to finding a Russian girl but am open as to whoever might suit me.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2022, 05:39:37 AM »
Ok so I was going to go with the idea of writing to many women about a week before I left with the idea of lining up meet ups in a cafe/restaurant each day, about 2 a day over a 3 day visit period. One in the Morning and one in the Evening.

That idea was ok I think but thinking it through just now I don't think it may be ideal for me, I reckon I can do it but it's just not ideal I'm now thinking. I'm thinking instead that 2tallbill's WMVO strategy may suit me better, basically choose one girl to write to, get a date with on the first day, if it works out carry on, if not drop her and call up girls in reserve that I have written to about a week before. So in that way it can change from a WMVO to a WMVM.

Reason for the change being that I have used tinder in Odessa and other places to bring up women and while it brought up some women few if any of them really fitted the bill of what I'm looking for. So I can get up the dates but I'm not sure what would be the point if few of them fit what I am looking for. That would be before meeting and for sure some could be better than in photo, I've had that a bit before but I just kind of feel I need to aim for the bullseye for a girl that suits me. I know our loveable Oirishman on here before has said that he could tell from a girl's profile if she was right for him and there may be something in that.

For me I think it avoids finding a girl I may like and then all the decision to keep to the other set dates or blow them off to spend more time with her, if she has the time available at short notice. If we're getting on great I would spend more time with her, if not move on and if there are any others that might float my boat then do a meeting with them say on the last day potentially. Basically just judge it how it goes. I'm just thinking that would suit me better at this moment in time so will be my way forward on this trip I think.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2022, 02:32:16 PM »
Ok, got a girl in her early twenties in my sights at the moment, I know a bit youngish but she's apparently open to older guys, may be contacting her in the near future.

Trenchie shoots, will he score??? :D

Offline Steven1971

Chișinău
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »
Girl wants evenings out and restaurants, will Trench open his wallet...?    ;)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Chișinău
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2022, 02:45:26 AM »
Ok, got a girl in her early twenties in my sights at the moment, I know a bit youngish but she's apparently open to older guys, may be contacting her in the near future.

Trenchie shoots, will he score??? :D

A woman in her early twenties who is "open" to a much older man usually is so open because she wants a comfortable material life.  She may not tell you that.  So, I suggest you tell this woman at the outset that you earn a below average salary in the UK.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2022, 11:21:38 AM »
Girl wants evenings out and restaurants, will Trench open his wallet...?    ;)

When the prices are like they were back in the 80s I will :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2022, 11:31:22 AM »

A woman in her early twenties who is "open" to a much older man usually is so open because she wants a comfortable material life.  She may not tell you that.  So, I suggest you tell this woman at the outset that you earn a below average salary in the UK.

I agree with the first statement, they usually are, I think in general they may see older men in a different light to younger men in the way they are and a comfortable material life coming with that. Fortunately for me prices in Moldova are a lot cheaper than in the UK so my money goes a lot further there :)

Now discussion of money though that would be a bit unseemly. No need to shut the door before I've wedged myself through it I think ;D

End of the day it will come to what she wants and of course I will have to see how it all weighs up and if we take to each other enough. If her needs are reasonable given it all I don't see any reason not to meet them at the given time.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2022, 12:59:41 PM »
Well popped down the Doc's this morning to get a Typhoid vaccination for my trip to Moldova as moderate cases of it out there. Ended up not only getting that but also a Hepatitis A jab and a Tetanus booster, so got stabbed in both arms. Apparently found out should have got the Tetanus booster years ago as it only lasts about 10 years so hadn't had it since my jab of it at school nearly 30 years ago now. Not bad as I got it all free :D Well worth making sure you're all vaccinated up I think as poor countries like Moldova you could end up contracting stuff like that. Risk is probably lowish as the population there live with that stuff all the time and many probably have few vaccinations but you never know as they say.

The nurse also recommended health insurance and that seems a good idea now with the COVID still knocking around, etc. Got my flu vaccination in about a couple of weeks so should be all good to go, just need the important thing now which is to rummage up a bird to meet :)

Never actually ever gotten to use health insurance not sure how it goes if you get problems over there if you start waving your bit of paper around to the Doc's & Nurses one what.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Chișinău
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2022, 03:23:58 PM »
You need one more vaccine.  Hepatitis B is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluids from a person infected with the virus enters the body of someone who is not infected.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2022, 05:16:21 PM »
You need one more vaccine.  Hepatitis B is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluids from a person infected with the virus enters the body of someone who is not infected.

Indeed, thanks ML, yeah well the Hep A and Tetanus was given as a joint one today. I've seen a Hep A as a joint one with a Hep B in the pharmacies, I would have to pay there if course. I don't think the NHS GP Docs do Hep B so for me I think I might as well get it with the Hep A again later in the year rather than single now. Apparently one shot of the Hep A lasts for about a year but that goes up to 30 years apparently with two shots so worth getting a second Hep A shit at some point within the next year.

I'm not really planning on having unprotected sex so I should be alright against Hep B but I think you're right in suggesting it for later down the way and just in case. I also wouldn't mind getting the Rabies vaccine at some point but I think that is probably less urgent. Although apparently you can have quite a few jabs at one time I still kind of like not too have too many in a short period of time. Might not be any reason not to but I just don't like the idea of having loads of vaccines within days if each other.

The first meet odds are I will leave it to her if she is up for it as I think the man pressing for it well unless she seems real into me could just cause problems. For me though unprotected sex with a girl who hasn't been checked out first is a complete no go for me.

Offline ML

Chișinău
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2022, 05:46:04 PM »
For me though unprotected sex with a girl who hasn't been checked out first is a complete no go for me.

Getting 'checked out' isn't really a problem solver.

Man or woman can test 'clear,' but 10 minutes later they could have sex with a third person and be 'active' with an STD.

Stick with condoms until you can lock her up in rooms with bars on  the windows.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2022, 01:28:20 AM »
Getting 'checked out' isn't really a problem solver.

Man or woman can test 'clear,' but 10 minutes later they could have sex with a third person and be 'active' with an STD.

Stick with condoms until you can lock her up in rooms with bars on  the windows.

Lol, yep good idea ML.

Yeah it's not really totally comprehensive just to get her tested as like you say 10 min after she could have sex with some other guy. I kind of considered it but  end of the day that's usually the best that can be done. Either that or get an ugly girl who too few guys would want to touch :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2022, 01:34:28 AM »
This site is quite a good one for anyone thinking about protecting themselves with jabs in the UK, particularly before travel:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/

Even if from another country it gives a good rundown of vaccinations I think.

It depends what country you are travelling to whether the GP will offer it in the UK for free. For Moldova the GP info was only to give the Hep A & Tetanus vaccine but I managed to wrangle the Typhoid one as well ;)

For some reason the GP's seemed unaware that there is at least a moderate typhoid problem out in Moldova.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 12:14:23 PM »
Still pressing on with trying to scout out a good girl to meet but this have taken a temporary back seat for a few days as other things have come up. Will likely get back to it over this weekend. At the moment been spending a little time on Photography a past time of mine which I haven't been able to get to for a while. Only taken it up a little more seriously of recent as really need to develop interests to have a bit more stuff happening in my life other than work. I think that is important in finding a girl as its better for compatibility. I kind of like photography as it's a relaxing easy going past time so it's good to spend a little time on it to get more out of it I think. Won't take too long on it though and think I could still be set to visit a girl by the end of the month :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2022, 10:12:50 AM »
Well got my Winter Flu jab this morning, one of the first in the country :D Cost me just £16.99 at Boots. Still got to wait for any reaction to kick in, last year wasn't too bad just an hour or so then was over at the moment felt a bit weaker & tired earlier then had a rest and all ok enough now atm. Australia etc have had a Flu epidemic during our summer so it will undoubtedly make its way here if not gathering pace already. With a bit of luck they'll have gotten the formula right this year and I'll be sound. Apparently it protects against four strains of the flu virus so hopefully they'll have gotten close with it.

Anyhow should hopefully keep me in good stead for any trip abroad. Took some more photos of myself the other day also and at least one came out suitable enough for my profile. That's handy as of recent I have only had one photo good enough to put up so another one will help make the profile more real and flesh it out a bit I think.

So now just still got to rummage up a bird to visit. I've been taking a break for a few days while I've sorted stuff like that and other things but will now hopefully be able to make a move on it and be a bit more successful with a bit of luck :)

Notice that bird flu is gathering pace here in Europe hopefully it won't cross over to humans as there seems to be a lot of birds getting it. If it does then that will be a whole new Virus pandemic that we'll have to suffer through and at the moment I'm not sure if we're really out of the COVID one.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:18:56 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2022, 03:21:38 PM »
Back messaging some women tonight, got a couple of decent photos up now so should probably help. The more I look at the profiles on these dating sites the more I tend towards the younger women. It's not so much for the fact of wanting a woman who is young but more that I feel that a lot of the older women give me the impression that they just wouldn't fit well with me, too serious, too set in their ways, possibly too difficult to stop them from trying to lead, etc. The younger girls just look more playful and at ease if you know what I mean. So will just have to see what turns up anyway and KBO.

Offline ML

Chișinău
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2022, 04:11:11 PM »
a lot of the older women give me the impression that they just wouldn't fit well with me, too serious, too set in their ways, possibly too difficult to stop them from trying to lead, etc.

How can you tell this from the profiles ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2022, 01:40:36 AM »
How can you tell this from the profiles ?

I know it may be reading into a photo a bit which may potentially be highly inaccurate. Some to me is just the girl's look, how she comes across l, the clothes she wears the pose, where she poses. One profile was quite good as the woman was wearing a dress in most if not all of her profile but then in one she is sat in a sports car, Ferrari type of car posing with the car door open, it was probably just at some car show but had the alarm bells ringing as to her possibly expectations. This is the first night messaging where I have up'ed the number of girls I have contacted to about 5 as Daveman suggested. I'm not sure as to responses I may get back as may depend on when they go on there. Possibly may be hitting the too youngish side but they said they are open to my age group or I don't bother contacting. Possibly too much competition at that end of things. I don't mind an older woman but I think it would be finding the right one where it seems to fit I think.

Offline John Gaunt

Chișinău
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2022, 07:51:40 AM »
Back messaging some women tonight, got a couple of decent photos up now so should probably help. The more I look at the profiles on these dating sites the more I tend towards the younger women. It's not so much for the fact of wanting a woman who is young but more that I feel that a lot of the older women give me the impression that they just wouldn't fit well with me, too serious, too set in their ways, possibly too difficult to stop them from trying to lead, etc. The younger girls just look more playful and at ease if you know what I mean. So will just have to see what turns up anyway and KBO.
You just want a handful of young totty. All the rest is just you trying to justify that.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2022, 06:17:49 PM »
You just want a handful of young totty. All the rest is just you trying to justify that.

Ah, I can see the jealousy rising within you Gaunty, frothing at the crotch no doubt ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2022, 06:38:34 PM »
Still pressing forward with trying to up my style, just bought a new shirt tonight so just got to wait for that to arrive. Still losing weight which is good news, down to 82KG now so for me as a 6ft guy that is within healthy weight. Still want to lose more which should be achievable but also want to put on more muscle which tends to be more harder. My muscles at the moment seem like an inflatable up one minute and down the next. The moment I do less heavy lifting they go down which is kind of a pain as there doesn't seem a lit of long term gain for my work input there when I do work input into muscle building.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701