It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 109024 times)

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
RF asked:

American women have been indoctrinated since birth to believe in and embrace divorce.

The you answered,

So how come Russia has the highest divorce rate, way higher than that of the US and the overwhelming majority of divorces are initiated by Russian women?
Russian women see marriage as expendable the moment it does not satisfy them on any number of points.

Do you see how this goes against everything you so passionately wish for in a wife? I bet $100 that you are not married to an FSUW and do not even have any meaningful experience with FSUW, that is how naive and brain-washed you sound.

From what you describe that you want in a wife, you are much better off finding a wife through one of many conservative American churches.

What does one have to do with the other?  RF says American women, and you counter with yeah but Russian women this or that?  He knows what he is talking about with regard to American women. 

1.  He is American. 
2.  He has went through divorce in America.
3.  He was career military and has seen many fellow American men go through it.
4.  He is educated, intelligent and well traveled.

I don't know anything about you, and you may be a great person.  But I never will understand why someone deflects a statement by using a reference that has nothing to do with the original statement.  He made a comment about American women and you answered with a comment about Russian women.

Do you disagree the concept of divorce in America is now being pushed by the Hollywood types and that divorce is now considered meaningless, where years ago it had a stigma to it?

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:47 AM »

Do you disagree the concept of divorce in America is now being pushed by the Hollywood types and that divorce is now considered meaningless, where years ago it had a stigma to it?
Pushed?  What do you mean pushed?   People in Hollywood have always gotten divorced a lot, but that doesn't mean they push it onto others.  Look at all the marriages of yesteryear like Rod Steiger , Elizabeth Taylor, or Mickey Rooney.  They weren't stigmatized.    They had lots of options and enjoyed lots of ladies/men.  Who gives a shit and why?  Exactly how far back to you think we need to go in time, in order to have an 'idealized version of life?

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2016, 09:12:27 AM »

"feral" = anything you disagree with?

Feral in this refers to the wildness that women are allowed to get away with, the untrammeled "I do what I want to" behavior that in every healthy society, gets a woman judged, shamed, ostracized. 

2 other examples would be:

the author of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writing about how having a relationship with a younger man was refreshing etc. - only to find out later that he was gay/bisexual, had married her for money and a green card, and was cheating on her.

the author of "Eat, Pray, Love" torching her marriage and traveling, only to end up with a guy objectively less attractive, who also needs a green card.  Funny how that works.  Oh - there is also an age gap (he's a lot older).

Concerning custody - the point is, children are used as the fulcrum for extracting cash from the man. Whoever gets primary custody gets the house and the cash flow for support.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
What does one have to do with the other?  RF says American women, and you counter with yeah but Russian women this or that?  He knows what he is talking about with regard to American women.  . .

I don't know anything about you, and you may be a great person.  But I never will understand why someone deflects a statement by using a reference that has nothing to do with the original statement.  He made a comment about American women and you answered with a comment about Russian women.

She was referring to all his posts, including the one where he stated that because AW are divorce prone, men are looking for "traditional" women in the FSU.  pitbull is just pointing out that this idealized view of FSUW is not accurate. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:21 AM »
Feral in this refers to the wildness that women are allowed to get away with, the untrammeled "I do what I want to" behavior that in every healthy society, gets a woman judged, shamed, ostracized. 

People shouldn't be shamed or ostracized because of behaviour, unless it is injurious to a minor or criminal.
2 other examples would be:

the author of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writing about how having a relationship with a younger man was refreshing etc. - only to find out later that he was gay/bisexual, had married her for money and a green card, and was cheating on her.

the author of "Eat, Pray, Love" torching her marriage and traveling, only to end up with a guy objectively less attractive, who also needs a green card.  Funny how that works.  Oh - there is also an age gap (he's a lot older).

And this is different from a significant minority of posters past and present here, exactly . . . ?

Concerning custody - the point is, children are used as the fulcrum for extracting cash from the man. Whoever gets primary custody gets the house and the cash flow for support.

That assumes a mother doesn't want her children.  Most mothers do.  Plus, in joint custody arrangements, cash for support usually is split 50/50.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
According to this, only 1.5% of custody cases go all the way through litigation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-meyer/dispelling-the-myth-of-ge_b_1617115.html

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »
According to this, only 1.5% of custody cases go all the way through litigation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-meyer/dispelling-the-myth-of-ge_b_1617115.html

The vast majority of cases of any type are settled prior to litigation. Litigation is almost always extremely expensive.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »

I'm going to dispel another myth posted -

Most women in the FSU have a college degree or are working on one. Many have knowledge (at least to a degree) of a 2nd or 3rd language. These ladies are very well educated.

The majority of FSUW are not better educated than are AW. 

In the USSR, access to education was based on party connections.  That doesn't mean that everyone had to be a party member, but rather, that access to higher education was strictly controlled.  To enter certain professions, one needed to prove their fealty to the system.

This continued after the collapse of the USSR, though in a less pronounced way, though by now, it has changed to a degree.

Most FSU individuals do not speak a second language fluently, unless it is individuals living in FSU republics other than Russia, as they will often speak their native language and Russian.  However, if you go to Ukraine, you will hear surzhik, a language which is neither Russian nor Ukrainian, commonly spoken, and viewed as completely normal.  The individuals who speak it typically speak neither Russian nor Ukrainian.

Kapitsa, the son of world renowned scientist physicist Pyotr Kapitsa, was a famous scientist in his own right.  When Putin came to power, Kapitsa was asked to examine the Russian educational system (higher learning).  His conclusion was that Russian education was "dead" and "useless".  In response, the Russian government started offering scholarships to study abroad to its brightest students, with the stipulation they must return to Russia.

I am not suggesting FSU individuals are not intelligent, but the notions here of a cadre of well educated sophisticated intellects is flawed.  Pitbull is a very notable exception. :)    IMHO, she is the smartest person posting here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:38:55 AM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
The vast majority of cases of any type are settled prior to litigation. Litigation is almost always extremely expensive.

If you go to the link (no ability to paste from it), 80% of cases are resolved with no third party involvement.

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:44 AM »

In the USSR, access to education was based on party connections.  That doesn't mean that everyone had to be a party member, but rather, that access to higher education was strictly controlled.  To enter certain professions, one needed to prove their fealty to the system.

This continued, in a way, after the collapse of the USSR, though in a less pronounced way, though by now, it has changed. 

Most FSU individuals do not speak a second language fluently, unless it is individuals living in FSU republics other than Russia, as they will often speak their native language and Russian.  However, if you go to Ukraine, you will hear surzhik, a language which is neither Russian nor Ukrainian, commonly spoken, and viewed as completely normal.  The individuals who speak it typically speak neither Russian nor Ukrainian.

Kapitsa, the son of world renowned scientist physicist Pyotr Kapitsa, was a famous scientist in his own right.  When Putin came to power, Kapitsa was asked to examine the Russian educational system (higher learning).  His conclusion was that Russian education was "dead" and "useless".  In response, the Russian government started offering scholarships to study abroad to its brightest students, with the stipulation they must return to Russia.

I am not suggesting FSU individuals are not intelligent, but the notions here of a cadre of well educated sophisticated intellects is flawed.  Pitbull is a very notable exception. :)   She is probably the smartest person posting here.

I agree. Most Russian women I've spent time with, and that's quite a few, aren't generally any smarter than AW. American women are more entitled, spoiled, overweight, tattooed, and arrogant. But they're not less smart. I find the best thing about RW is that they are friendlier (unless they work as a cashier at a market) and more approachable. American women are more likely to turn their nose up at a man they think is "gross" or below them somehow.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

The vast majority of FSUW who are single and wanting to marry are more likely to be educated than their American counterparts. I believe it was you that posted a link earlier saying educated American women rarely divorce so they aren't available in huge numbers. I was astounded by the FSUW engineers, doctors, and attorneys I was able to date compared to what's available in America. Go to dating sites in both countries and compare what's available to men. Keep in mind, the most appealing profiles on American dating sites are fake. Foreign dating sites aren't the only ones that play games.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

If you were a lawyer advising a man, and you knew that the radical feminist, man-hating lesbian judge mentioned earlier was going to get the case, you would tell him that he has no chance if he is pushing for primary custody. 

That statistic by itself doesn't speak to fairness or lack of fairness - more info would be needed.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
80% of cases involve no third party.  Meaning, the parents come to a custody arrangement themselves.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
I find the best thing about RW is that they are friendlier (unless they work as a cashier at a market) and more approachable.

This is societal.  FSUW are not harassed by men the same way WW are (can't speak for Europe, but certainly true in North America).  From the time they hit puberty, most girls can tell you of being followed, or being catcalled, hit on, etc., by men, and at 12 or 13 or 14, always, by far, far older men.  The danger of rape is more prevalent in North America than in Russia or Ukraine.  That is why AW are less friendly.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2016, 12:32:08 PM »

This is societal.  FSUW are not harassed by men the same way WW are (can't speak for Europe, but certainly true in North America).  From the time they hit puberty, most girls can tell you of being followed, or being catcalled, hit on, etc., by men, and at 12 or 13 or 14, always, by far, far older men.  The danger of rape is more prevalent in North America than in Russia or Ukraine.  That is why AW are less friendly.
Starting my 3rd year in Russia and never thought about that. You're right, men do tend to be less "aggressive" around women.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline jone

« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »

You actually believe that?  Wow!  A sweeping generalization.  My experience is that Eastern European women are less emotive than WW.  They are more reserved and, until you know them, will not engage in banter.  But, then, that's just my experience.  But perhaps it is because I am a man and not a woman and actually on the receiving end.  And, of course, I only speak kindergarden Russian.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »

This is societal.  FSUW are not harassed by men the same way WW are (can't speak for Europe, but certainly true in North America). 

Note quite on the same track perhaps, but . . .

I was told by several FSUW that FSUM are very direct early on by telling the women exactly what they want/are planning.

i.e. I want to take you to bed.

As I understood it, this was not from a stranger on the street; but rather by a man that they knew, even if they had only met on a friendly basis just a few minutes before.

The women said they sort of liked that . . . to know that the man found them irresistibly attractive.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »

LOL

Offline Boethius

« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »
Note quite on the same track perhaps, but . . .

I was told by several FSUW that FSUM are very direct early on by telling the women exactly what they want/are planning.

i.e. I want to take you to bed.

As I understood it, this was not from a stranger on the street; but rather by a man that they knew, even if they had only met on a friendly basis just a few minutes before.

The women said they sort of liked that . . . to know that the man found them irresistibly attractive.

This is the result of a proletarian culture.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2016, 02:42:43 PM »
LOL

Why are you laughing?  Do you doubt it?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »
I agree. Most Russian women I've spent time with, and that's quite a few, aren't generally any smarter than AW. American women are more entitled, spoiled, overweight, tattooed, and arrogant. But they're not less smart. I find the best thing about RW is that they are friendlier (unless they work as a cashier at a market) and more approachable. American women are more likely to turn their nose up at a man they think is "gross" or below them somehow.
+1
It's possible that RW are not smarter than AW,
However emotional intelligence of RW is considerably higher.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »

Why are you laughing?  Do you doubt it?

Absolutely.

Go ahead, watch the recent Pixar/Disney movie "Brave", or any other of hundreds of indicators of how AW are encouraged to blow off guys.  The "grrl power" messages, the t-shirts that say "Boys Suck" or similar messages.

It has absolutely nothing to do with catcalls - which after all, white guys don't even do these days, except maybe Joey Buttafuoco.

Remember the "catcalls" video where the woman walked through NYC and was catcalled - none of them were white guys.

That "they might rape me" is just an excuse for their bad behavior, which they have been trained to do from the first Disney movie or Nickolodeon TV show.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
+1
It's possible that RW are not smarter than AW,
However emotional intelligence of RW is considerably higher.

Please provide concrete examples.

Offline jone

« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
My daughter, who is almost above average in appearance, has never had the notion that she will be raped if she talks to a man.  So, yes, I am laughing at the comment. 

Attractive women in the Northern Hemisphere are hit on by so many guys that, in most cases, they can pick and choose who they wish to talk to with impunity. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
Absolutely.
How would you know?  When were you last a woman?
Go ahead, watch the recent Pixar/Disney movie "Brave", or any other of hundreds of indicators of how AW are encouraged to blow off guys.  The "grrl power" messages, the t-shirts that say "Boys Suck" or similar messages.

Yawn.  I don't take my cues on life from cartoons.
It has absolutely nothing to do with catcalls - which after all, white guys don't even do these days, except maybe Joey Buttafuoco.

That is untrue.  In crowds of strangers, men will not catcall.  But ask girls waiting for buses, for example.  Very common.

That "they might rape me" is just an excuse for their bad behavior, which they have been trained to do from the first Disney movie or Nickolodeon TV show.

Again, evidence that you have never been a woman.  It is not, though, generally a fear of rape.

I was subjected to these bad behaviors, and movies and television shows had nothing to do with it.   Our daughter, who is a student, is subjected to it off campus continuously.    Never on campus, though.  She takes in stride as most women do, because they have to.  But she now calls me when she is walking anywhere (rather than taking the metro, which she does often) so that she does not have to interact with men along the path.

Or, ask pitbull and mies.  They have both commented on the harassment they endured once arriving in the US.  mies posted a story here about some guy in a car following her, even after she told him to bug off, she is married and hence, not interested in him.

This is very real, and most women have experienced it, as I posted, from a very early age.  That you are unaware of this, and rely on cartoons to explain how women are "empowered" suggests to me that you are a little clueless with respect to the world of women.

My daughter, who is almost above average in appearance, has never had the notion that she will be raped if she talks to a man.  So, yes, I am laughing at the comment. 

Attractive women in the Northern Hemisphere are hit on by so many guys that, in most cases, they can pick and choose who they wish to talk to with impunity. 

I didn't say that women believe they will be raped if they talk to men.  Just that rape is more prevalent in North America. That is a fact.  Nevertheless, it is tiring to walk down a street and be stopped and told "Smile, you're so beautiful."  Or be asked out by some random stranger.  Or be called a b##ch because you didn't respond positively.

Here is a reddit thread I found by a woman asking why guys think catcalling will work.  It just annoys most women. -

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/37cy2w/serious_men_who_catcall_women_why_do_you_do_it/?st=isi2ubpu&sh=2b9a2743
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:47:02 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM