It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: UK Royal Family privacy and Canada  (Read 15760 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
UK Royal Family privacy and Canada
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:32:11 AM »
There's been a LOT of tosh written in the UK press about the decision of Harry and his wife Meghan to seek a lessor role

As someone who lives in a part of rural Glos'shire where Charles and Di and Princess Anne live - us 'commoners' got to see and meet the Royals, frequently ..  I 'knew' Harry when he was a 'bump' and a pub I use barred him in his excessive days .

So, forgive the 'trolling' - but I'm observing utter twaddle being posted in the news (and elsewhere)

The Royal Family have had two divorces in the nineties - Charles and Anne - yet some clueless folk seem to think this last happened when the last Royal Family member wanted to marry an American  :cluebat:

Harry was 'naughty' ..a Royal pain in the arse.. when younger and has more than redeemed himself in the military and with his Invictus Project

Do I think they can 'duck out' in Vancouver ?  Probably not - but at least the UK tabloid press will have to freeze their bits off in winter to annoy the couple.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »

Do I think they can 'duck out' in Vancouver ?  Probably not - but at least the UK tabloid press will have to freeze their bits off in winter to annoy the couple.

The weather is way too nice in Vancouver. I recommend a beachfront property near Yellowknife, Nwt. for maximum privacy.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
It rains almost continuously in Vancouver from about October to early April, is gloomy and overcast.  Plus, they're not in Vancouver, they're in Victoria, on Vancouver Island.  Of course, being the "woke" environmentalists that they are, they hop over to visit Vancouver by sea plane, rather than the more mundane, though environmentally more friendly, ferry.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »
I'm no fan of the Royal Family but I would say it should be an 'All In or All Out' deal. The arrangement that has been reached amounts to cherry picking the lucrative bits while ducking the duty. It allows Meg & Harry to go off and build up profitable ventures without the risk due to income that they will still gain by still being Royals, i.e Duchy of Cornwall, etc.

In fact a recent article on the BBC website detailing where they got all their money from surprised me. They all benefit from several sources all of which are derived from the population over time, taxpayers, assets seized over the centuries, etc. They are vastly wealthy yet you can see by Harry's face that he is put out by the $2.4 million they need to pay back of taxpayers money for the refurbishment of Frogmore cottage, despite having vast sums of money to have been capable of doing this themself.

For me it looks like it is high time that the whole Royal Family existence itself should be questioned. The next thing a Referendum should be held on I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 01:39:31 AM »
Trench, now a 'Republican' ?)))

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 07:04:48 AM »
Trench, now a 'Republican' ?)))

Yes indeed, always have been :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »
I'm no fan of the Royal Family but I would say it should be an 'All In or All Out' deal. The arrangement that has been reached amounts to cherry picking the lucrative bits while ducking the duty. It allows Meg & Harry to go off and build up profitable ventures without the risk due to income that they will still gain by still being Royals, i.e Duchy of Cornwall, etc.

In fact a recent article on the BBC website detailing where they got all their money from surprised me. They all benefit from several sources all of which are derived from the population over time, taxpayers, assets seized over the centuries, etc. They are vastly wealthy yet you can see by Harry's face that he is put out by the $2.4 million they need to pay back of taxpayers money for the refurbishment of Frogmore cottage, despite having vast sums of money to have been capable of doing this themself.

For me it looks like it is high time that the whole Royal Family existence itself should be questioned. The next thing a Referendum should be held on I think.

Well, when the two females and two males heads of the royal household held their meeting (your queen and Charlie - William and Harry respectively), I guess Meghan felt she was above this royal silliness and decided not to waste her time and partake in such drama. After all, living off other people's sweat and hard work is not really something she completely grew up on despite her *liberal* upbringing. There's still a part of Meghan that's *American*, and being independent is still rooted in her being.

Meghan wanting to be a self-absorbed Hollywood celeb is her lifelong dream, and Harry is simply pussy-whipped. At this point, he's ready to give up the kingdom in a New York minute if that what makes her happy.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 02:06:25 PM »
Always entertaining to read GQB's, " I know other folks lives better than they do",  'ASSessments'

Like I said .. there's been A LOT of bollox written on this subject

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:17 PM »
The pshyt is starting to hit the proverbial Hollywood fan already...

Quote from: Bette Midler
What a sad story. They hounded and bullied her until it was no longer tenable to stay, just like Diana. They'll never learn until it hits them in the wallet. I hope she bankrupts them all.

Quote from: Piers Morgan
People say I'm too critical of Meghan Markle - but she ditched her family, ditched her Dad, ditched most of her old friends, split Harry from William & has now split him from the Royal Family. I rest my case.

Just to quote a couple...

As for the prospective new designated peons, it appears they're not too receptive to the idea of being the surrogate caretakers either..though methinks they’ve no choice in the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7895325/Nearly-three-quarters-Canadians-dont-want-pay-Harry-Meghan-living-country.html

LMAO! Mewonders if Duchess Sarah Ferguson is actually Harry's real mumski..sure looks like the resemblance is far more striking than the late Princess Diana's...maybe it's in the future *Hollywood Tell-All* revelation that may yet come out...

:devil:

Dang! We haven't yet touched on the juiciest of all...good ol' Andrew's 'custodial guardianship' of the misguided nubile that abounds. Sure looks like there's more than a graveyard full of skeleton in that royal closet, man. I bet Quentin Tarantino is chomping at the bit just about now. Maybe Steven Spielberg will get the rights and make 'Meghan's List'..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:30:03 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 01:47:10 AM »
GQB should give up his job and work for a tabloid rag..

Piers Morgan is the perfect example to emulate.

The written form of verbal diarrhoea  continues..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
Prince Charles flew 16,000 miles in just 11 days
using three private jets and one helicopter before proudly posing
with Greta Thunberg in Davos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7929735/Prince-Charles-flew-16-000-miles-just-11-days-proudly-posing-Greta-Thunberg-Davos.html

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 02:13:26 AM »
I'm not sure Beel is getting the irony of quoting the Mail mocking Charles - but - certainly - HM might want to reconsider his movements

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »
Dammit! I was really hoping they'd stay in Canada!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-could-be-headed-to-los-angeles/ar-BBZuSV4?li=BBnbfcL

Markle could already have a team in mind. Her mother, after all, calls L.A. home and Markle's no stranger to the area herself. She was born in the suburb of Canoga Park.

LMAO! The suburb of Canoga Park??!! Where exactly is this 'suburb'? Canoga Park, outside of Pacoima and Van Nuys, is the cesspit of the San Fernando Valley.

Offline jone

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »
Dammit! I was really hoping they'd stay in Canada!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-could-be-headed-to-los-angeles/ar-BBZuSV4?li=BBnbfcL

LMAO! The suburb of Canoga Park??!! Where exactly is this 'suburb'? Canoga Park, outside of Pacoima and Van Nuys, is the cesspit of the San Fernando Valley.

I always thought NO HO was the cesspit.   
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »
I always thought NO HO was the cesspit.

Not anymore. NoHo has become eclectic and artsy these days with all the effort to revitalize the community. They even have their own art district these days. It's close vicinity to Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Burbank - most of the hubbab of Hollywood studios had been making NoHo a place to be for the Holly-wannabes.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=noho+art+district&view=detail&mid=810AA1F9601EBA484D9C810AA1F9601EBA484D9C&FORM=VIRE

Canoga Park, OTOH, is well, still Canoga Park as it always was.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:12:55 PM by GQBlues »

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
Not anymore. NoHo has become eclectic and artsy these days with all the effort to revitalize the community. They even have their own art district these days. It's close vicinity to Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Burbank - most of the hubbab of Hollywood studios had been making NoHo a place to be for the Holly-wannabes.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=noho+art+district&view=detail&mid=810AA1F9601EBA484D9C810AA1F9601EBA484D9C&FORM=VIRE

Canoga Park, OTOH, is well, still Canoga Park as it always was.

My last duty assignment in US Navy was with Bureau of Naval Weapons at Lockheed in Burbank.
I lived in apartments in Burbank and N. Hollywood.  No real complaints.

Later, as a CPA and Corporate Controller, I owned a house in Sherman Oaks.  Small bungalow that was built in housing boom after WWII.  Nice quiet neighborhood not too far from freeway.  Medium back yard, orange trees, pyracantha bushes, dichondra grass, etc.  By coincidence, I looked up the address recently.  My house was torn down and replaced by a two story monster that stretches to within 10 feet of each side property line with swimming pool taking up most of back yard. Price:  $2,700,000.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:00:05 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 09:21:09 AM »
I believe it. Sherman Oaks is a great example of pride in ownership. The homeowners there took pride and care of their property, as a result $800.00/$1,000.00 / SF community. Higher value equates to higher PT, which then equates to enhanced community infrastructure and environment.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »
The X?-royal couple showed up in Miami news today waving to everybody. So much for their we want 'privacy' claims..

http://www.local10.com/entertainment/2020/02/07/prince-harry-meghan-markle-keynote-speakers-at-south-beach-event/
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
LMAO!

Quote from: Couple's Spokeperson
We do not comment on their private schedule..

There's an interview done on Meghan, and apparently she was 'deeply' hurt no one in good ol' Buckingham asked her how she was coping being a 'duchess' and now a 'mother'. Sheeesh! Talk about a typical self-absorbed holly-wannabe....Harry said he decided to step down to protect his family from heading the same fate his late mother did. They'd like to live a 'normal' quiet life...LMAO. By doing interviews, speeches and hanging out with the elites of Hollywood.

Chrissaakes...I feel really sorry for the child. He (she?) is about to be raised by parents with deep issues and hang-ups in life. And they're all out there trying to find themselves while on the public dole.

Life must be really, really tough for these two (3).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:03:17 PM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 11:36:41 PM »
Hmm, the usual culprit with a 'tabloid analysis'..

For those who lived near where Harry's family grew up....There was rarely a time when his family were left alone, after his Ma and Pa separated.

Before that, there was an unwritten rule that the press DID Zgive the family peace and they DID have privacy on their large estates ...there might have been a photo shoot on holidays..but then the family has peace.

His older brother, rightly, stamped on the press when photographers got shots of him rubbing sun cream onto his topless wife by a pool on a remote estate in France.

On one hand H&M have a father in law who sells his opinion / recollections to the highest bidder (tashy) and they are now going to earn their own way, at functions where they EXPECT photos ..

As ever, GQB doesn't get it..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 11:46:27 PM »
The X?-royal couple showed up in Miami news today waving to everybody. So much for their we want 'privacy' claims..

http://www.local10.com/entertainment/2020/02/07/prince-harry-meghan-markle-keynote-speakers-at-south-beach-event/

They don’t mind interacting with the public. They just have a problem with the paparazzi that’ll follow them into the bathroom.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 03:19:22 PM »
  They just have a problem with the paparazzi that’ll follow them into the bathroom.
%#*@ on their cameras.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 09:46:01 AM »
It really is hard for me to not have compassion for people like these two, with all their life's issues, hang-ups, and challenges (LMAO), be so horribly subjected to a lifestyle not of their making..

May life's gravy eternally flow upon these two

Really breaks your heart, man. I hope no one really expects them to actually 'work for a living' from now on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:48:05 AM by GQBlues »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »
"Historians say Harry's marriage to Meghan adds a whole new
dimension to the Royal Family line. Not because she's of mixed
race, but because they are not related." Argus Hamilton 
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2020, 03:38:08 PM »
HAHA.  But, he's wrong.  They are, in fact, distantly related through Thomas Markle and the Queen Mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5027891/Harry-Meghan-cousins-family-tree-1480-reveals.html

Google was used to locate the above (previously read) link.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1883
Total: 1894

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM