It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Which City should I go to?  (Read 35753 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Which City should I go to?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »
Tiblisi - Georgia is even easier than Ukraine for UK as it looks like they allow you to stay there for a year visa free. Looks pretty there, from the internet and again never been. Girls there look like they may be more the type to go for a guy they really want to be with from what I have heard. However, while a girl not putting it about too much is good from an STD point of view if she is too uptight with intimacy/affection then I think it might be a problem. I'm also not sure if the georgian girl type of look is one that would attract me plus I'm not sure of the number of girls available for dating.

Forget about Georgia and especially stop thinking you know anything about it.
Georgia is far too difficult. You wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in being
successful there. However, you should probably go there and find out for yourself.
I am very good at meeting women and I struggled mightily.

The way to meet a Georgian girl is to move there. Convert to Orthodox, go to
Church every Sunday for 3+ hours and fast 100 days per year and meet with
the priest and have him make recommendations to you. If you do this for 1
year to 18 months you will probably have a girl who is willing to let you court 
her. Don't get any funny ideas, you won't be able to kiss her for probably the
first year and her family will watch you at all times. Maybe in 6 months you
will be allowed to hold her hand or maybe they will decide they don't like you
and you can start all over again.

With your background and experience, yes by all means go to Georgia and
even better yet write all about it here before you go. You should be able to deduce
everything about the country by reading the internet. You would have a better
chance at starring in the NBA, you have a ball and a basket, the ball goes
in the basket, how hard can it really be? Surely those very tall men couldn't
be that difficult to outfox. You could buy a how to play basketball book on
Amazon. Or maybe just check one out at the local library that way you don't
have to pay for one. I've heard they pay those basketball players lots of money
and that hot girls throw themselves at them. That would be a better plan than
you going to Georgia.

I encourage you to travel to Georgia because the visa is so easy.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:58:45 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
Re: Which City should I go to?
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
I might try to learn the language a bit better and look into the foreign teaching more. I think due to visa costs and political situation they don't find it as easy to get English Language Teachers as they used to so my luck my be in if I can find somewhere a bit easy going to get into.

Based on what? Do you think you're the only man who's under the impression they can easily come to the FSU and meet women by teaching English? You're not, not even close.

I'm guessing for US citizens its easier than UK as Bounder on here moved to Moscow.

Bounder is Canadian.

most of the burden, well pretty much all of it in FSU culture tends to be on the man providing everything.

No.

"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Which City should I go to?
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »
Based on what? Do you think you're the only man who's under the impression they can easily come to the FSU and meet women by teaching English? You're not, not even close.

Sure, how difficult could it be to learn all those silly rules or diagram
a sentence or to answer the 100 questions that they will get in a day,
and all they have to do is to answer it wrong or to say that they don't
know to lose the entire class.

I could ask 20 questions that have been asked of me over the years and
I doubt that most here would struggle to get any of them right without
Google.

I've dated at least a half dozen English teachers.  English is a funny language
because we mostly spliced it together from other languages and made the rest
of it up as we went along. We have ZERO hard fast rules and exceptions to every
rule. How difficult would it be to travel to a country that has NOTHING but rules
without exceptions and teach them this?

I've been thinking about getting some sponsors and joining the PGA tour. With
sponsors I wouldn't have to buy my own clubs and I could get a nice tan with
all the outdoorsy stuff. What do you think? I've never broken a 100 in my life
but with practice I should get better. With all the sponsors I'll make sure that
I get lots of practice since they will be paying for everything, I could only get
better.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:17:47 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
How difficult would it be to travel to a country that has NOTHING but rules without exceptions and teach them this?

Without commenting on the substance of your post, there are a lot of exceptions to the rules in Slavic languages.  Also, lots of words borrowed from other languages (French, German, Italian,  Turkish, that I can think of off the top of my head).

I think Trench should go.  That's what his "gut" has told him to do since Day 1.  If he doesn't go, he will regret it.  No matter what happens, he will have learned something from the experience.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:02:14 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »

That's actually a really stupid piece of advice.  You have to be who you are.  You can't "be" anyone else.

You've criticized Trench for being the way he is and now you're telling him to be who he is?  :wallbash:  If Trench or anybody else here wants to be successful in life, they can't expect the world to change for them. They need to change. If Trench keeps finding he's meeting all the wrong women and doing all the wrong things to keep a woman, he's going to be very lonely for a long time unless he changes. Or he can keep doing what he's doing and listen to your criticism again and again.

You must date some very unforgiving women.

Maybe I've dated women with higher standards. Most don't feel sorry for losers and marry them. Losers get dumped.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
He can't pretend to be someone he is not.  Telling him to do that is bad advice.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 12:36:31 PM »
He can't pretend to be someone he is not.  Telling him to do that is bad advice.

I'm not asking him to pretend. I'm telling him he needs to make permanent changes if he wants to be an attractive man to the ladies. Right now it's obvious he's not doing to well on the path he's on.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »
I've been thinking about getting some sponsors and joining the PGA tour. With
sponsors I wouldn't have to buy my own clubs and I could get a nice tan with
all the outdoorsy stuff. What do you think? I've never broken a 100 in my life
but with practice I should get better. With all the sponsors I'll make sure that
I get lots of practice since they will be paying for everything, I could only get
better.

Exactly.

Trench, while I'm not familiar with all of the rules, you generally do need a sponsor (employer) to arrange a work visa for you. Which means you need a job offer before you go, you can't just show up in Russia and expect to find work. If you want to teach English at a private English school you'll need a university degree, a 120 hour TEFL course with at least 6 hours of monitored teaching practice (not an online course) and usually some experience. I wouldn't count on them letting you work for only 3 months as they usually want people who will commit for 9-12 months.

Have a look through this site - http://www.tefl.com/
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »
Forget about Georgia and especially stop thinking you know anything about it.
Georgia is far too difficult. You wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in being
successful there. However, you should probably go there and find out for yourself.
I am very good at meeting women and I struggled mightily.

The way to meet a Georgian girl is to move there. Convert to Orthodox, go to
Church every Sunday for 3+ hours and fast 100 days per year and meet with
the priest and have him make recommendations to you. If you do this for 1
year to 18 months you will probably have a girl who is willing to let you court 
her. Don't get any funny ideas, you won't be able to kiss her for probably the
first year and her family will watch you at all times. Maybe in 6 months you
will be allowed to hold her hand or maybe they will decide they don't like you
and you can start all over again.

With your background and experience, yes by all means go to Georgia and
even better yet write all about it here before you go. You should be able to deduce
everything about the country by reading the internet. You would have a better
chance at starring in the NBA, you have a ball and a basket, the ball goes
in the basket, how hard can it really be? Surely those very tall men couldn't
be that difficult to outfox. You could buy a how to play basketball book on
Amazon. Or maybe just check one out at the local library that way you don't
have to pay for one. I've heard they pay those basketball players lots of money
and that hot girls throw themselves at them. That would be a better plan than
you going to Georgia.

I encourage you to travel to Georgia because the visa is so easy.

Oh, I see, point taken Bill, yeah I think your right I'll give Georgia a miss if its like that it sounds like it would be a waste of time and money and I've done enough of that already. Plus I'm not really the religious type so I certainly couldn't get i that deep with it all. Scenery there looks nice but then it does many a place and of course I'm making the journey to find a girl.

NBA sounds like a better idea I used to be quite good at basket ball when I was younger :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 03:22:15 PM »

You consistently use "your" rather than the correct "you're" as but one example of your inadquate language skills in your mother tongue.  Do you wish to inflict that faulty use of language on paying customers?

No matter where you go, you are you.  If you can't make it with UK women, chances are you're not going to make it long term with an FSUW.

Now, now I'm a native English person so I set the rules on English as I please ;D For internet use on the hurry its perfectly fine not to give an arse if its the wrong term used the rest of the sentence will tell the other English person what I meant.

Anyway, I don;t thin you quite understand how difficult it is in UK to get a girl, even in US I suspect it is easier and could probably get one there over time. Then though it comes to what the woman wants that you are with and FSU women are more family orientated. I think I could definitely make a go of this FSW search.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »
Exactly.

Trench, while I'm not familiar with all of the rules, you generally do need a sponsor (employer) to arrange a work visa for you. Which means you need a job offer before you go, you can't just show up in Russia and expect to find work. If you want to teach English at a private English school you'll need a university degree, a 120 hour TEFL course with at least 6 hours of monitored teaching practice (not an online course) and usually some experience. I wouldn't count on them letting you work for only 3 months as they usually want people who will commit for 9-12 months.

Have a look through this site - http://www.tefl.com/

I have all of this but not the experirnce, getting the experience before hand could be possible around where I live. Like you say though the duration, etc could be an issue, I just don't know if I would find what I am looking for. I could do some inquiries online. So it makes it all a bit more tricky, I don't really want a hard core teaching post just an informal part time one. Other than that not sure what else to try.

Estonia is nearish in the EU but I think perhaps not as much of a foreign dating scene there.

Otherwise its Ukraine, I guess if I was in a place none too exciting it would prompt women to date me :D perhaps not a bad idea that, hmmnn... :-\

Offline Boethius

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
Now, now I'm a native English person so I set the rules on English as I please ;D For internet use on the hurry its perfectly fine not to give an arse if its the wrong term used the rest of the sentence will tell the other English person what I meant.

Anyway, I don;t thin you quite understand how difficult it is in UK to get a girl, even in US I suspect it is easier and could probably get one there over time. Then though it comes to what the woman wants that you are with and FSU women are more family orientated. I think I could definitely make a go of this FSW search.

Millions of UK men meet and marry UK women, so I think you are exaggerating.  I also doubt FSUW are more "family oriented".  That's a good MOB meme, though.

As for English, you make the same errors consistently.  So I wouldn't put it down to online communication.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
Trench, did you ever consider a marriage agency such as Mordinson in Kharkiv? I don't know how reliable it is. Others here will know more. There are more in Kiev I believe. It was quite a shock to me when I was in the maidan and on one of the side streets there is the infamous and worthless AFA's office.  :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »
Trench, did you ever consider a marriage agency such as Mordinson in Kharkiv? I don't know how reliable it is. Others here will know more. There are more in Kiev I believe. It was quite a shock to me when I was in the maidan and on one of the side streets there is the infamous and worthless AFA's office.  :D

A guy called Guppy Captain used them a couple of times and had a couple of relationships through girls from Mordinson. Neither of them lasted and last I heard he had to 'get back to the US to earn some money' - guess they cleaned him out. Not surprising they charge 'a lot' of money for their services. I get the impression the girls he met were holiday whore/shopping spree type or similar. I don't think I need the help of an agency, its just paying a lot to meet girls that you can arrange yourself for free plus there is the added problem of whether the girls are sincere or agency stooges. Its putting the middle man back in which even the starting advice in here is to eliminate as soon as possible as they they tend to be a problem. It would be a definite step back in this search by using agencies for sure. I'm confident I can do this on my own ok, I just need to spend some time out there.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »
A guy called Guppy Captain used them a couple of times and had a couple of relationships through girls from Mordinson. Neither of them lasted and last I heard he had to 'get back to the US to earn some money' - guess they cleaned him out. Not surprising they charge 'a lot' of money for their services. I get the impression the girls he met were holiday whore/shopping spree type or similar. I don't think I need the help of an agency, its just paying a lot to meet girls that you can arrange yourself for free plus there is the added problem of whether the girls are sincere or agency stooges. Its putting the middle man back in which even the starting advice in here is to eliminate as soon as possible as they they tend to be a problem. It would be a definite step back in this search by using agencies for sure. I'm confident I can do this on my own ok, I just need to spend some time out there.

Whoa....slow down. You can't assume they were insincere or scammed him or whatever. Things fall apart for many reasons. You don't know if the women on free sites are sincere either. It is about judging their character from what you experience when communicating with them and seeing them in person that matters. I think... ;D

Offline Boethius

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 06:29:54 PM »

He never claimed they scammed him. Just that they weren't compatible. The fact you jumped to this conclusion says more about you than it does about anything else.

You were taken advantage of precisely because that's what you were looking for.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:33:21 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:04 PM »
You have to be who you are. 

He never claimed they scammed him. Just that they weren't compatible. The fact you jumped to this conclusion says more about you than it does about anything else.

Still recommend Trench be who he is?

Offline Jumper

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 10:02:37 PM »
That's what the girl I was with said, yeah I'll just work all the time, lol. Seriously though I think I've found a way I can make more money than at present and will do in the future.

A girl doesn't have to be real frugal that I'm with but also not real spend happy so a happy medium would be good. I think I could probably get a more cautious shopper than the girl I was with. I see what you mean though, most of the burden, well pretty much all of it in FSU culture tends to be on the man providing everything. So I need to prepare well for this and things will improve on this front. I'm also quite heavily into DIY so bringing this up like you mention could be worth me remembering, many thanks :)

Thing is, how does a typical FSU family dynamic work?
It seldom is tge utopia the young girls of mob seem to expect in the west. ;)

FSU  Women with a family have been a staple in the work force for a long long time.An average FSU family has both husband and wife working.
To be honest I've seen more cases of the woman working and the man not, than the other way around .

I'm not saying a husband shouldn't provide, but the average woman doesn't expect her fsu husband to do it all.That is not common place in that culture.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »
I'd avoid mordinsons, they have been around decades, yet few seem to have success there.
I've some small experience with them.when in was in Kharkov a long long time ago,and can't imagine things are better . Basically I don't know any agency that isn't suspect in  their dealings. It's a very very grey area and the established ones in Kharkov are no better (or worse)than the  infamous ones in other cities.
Same old song and dance. Same parlor room card tricks.
Yes some women are sincere at such agencies, but you must wade through a pile of agency muck to find and extract them lol.

If I lived there, no way would I go to an agency.

You'd be far better off sitting on a park bench with a *wife wanted* sign .

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:21:37 PM by Jumper »

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 10:25:16 PM »
Hi there,

Yes, Kharkov is the best choice! I agree, avoid agencies, as it is a waste of your time and money. There are so many educated people and higher education establishments!!! So many beautiful places to visit....  :welcome:

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 11:34:04 PM »
Boethius,

I am ashamed by Trench's inability to spell, and some of the things he posts - the shame being he claims to be British

You once stated that there are no 'trolls' on here - but judging by his inability to accept good advice and his making stuff up about those who 'fail' I am now coming around to JayH's attitude to him

There are some people who are beyond help.

That an airline pilot  if in employ - couldn't fund trips to Kyiv is but an example of Trench's ability to slur a fellow member.

I suggest he goes to Donetsk or Lugansk - There will be plenty of ladies who haven't seen a w.guy ....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 03:18:24 AM »
Thing is, how does a typical FSU family dynamic work?
It seldom is tge utopia the young girls of mob seem to expect in the west. ;)

FSU  Women with a family have been a staple in the work force for a long long time.An average FSU family has both husband and wife working.
To be honest I've seen more cases of the woman working and the man not, than the other way around .

I'm not saying a husband shouldn't provide, but the average woman doesn't expect her fsu husband to do it all.That is not common place in that culture.

I think your right Jumper, the girl I was with on holiday when I got in a discussion with her went on about how her brother works all hours under the sun to provide for his family but can afford little. For me though she seemed to think I should provide way more within a short space of time and was kind of blinkered to it being any other way. So they certainly have different ides/standards of what they expect of a FSU man and a Western Man.

At the moment she works a lot of hours in a retail shop and I get the impression she sees getting with a Western Man as a way out from that. I think I might struggle to get her to work at all if she moved with me to UK even though she could get a basic part time retail job as opposed to full time job which would still be a big improvement for her. I think she has bought this dream of not having to work at all just go around all day and shop if she got with a western guy. Reality is few can afford this lifestyle in the west. WM are not made of money and the streets aren't paved with gold, but finding a FSW that is willing to budge a little in her unrealistic expectations is another matter, lol.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »
I'd avoid mordinsons, they have been around decades, yet few seem to have success there.
I've some small experience with them.when in was in Kharkov a long long time ago,and can't imagine things are better . Basically I don't know any agency that isn't suspect in  their dealings. It's a very very grey area and the established ones in Kharkov are no better (or worse)than the  infamous ones in other cities.
Same old song and dance. Same parlor room card tricks.
Yes some women are sincere at such agencies, but you must wade through a pile of agency muck to find and extract them
lol.

If I lived there, no way would I go to an agency.

You'd be far better off sitting on a park bench with a *wife wanted* sign .

Yeah, I just see agencies as a waste of time & money, wasting chances guys have and getting in their way of finding real love and relationship with a girl with a load of horseplay.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2017, 04:06:16 AM »

No but you could easily read into it that he got taken for a ride. Particularly as he needed to suddenly rush back to US to earn some dosh. Mordinson alone charge a few thousand for their services, more with, apartments, paying for language lessons for girl, etc. Even I know going down that route is a quick way to get fleeced and end your FSU dating search due to lack of money, perhaps permanently.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2017, 04:13:18 AM »
Trench, I suggest that before you decide toss the town size into the mix. If you're from a small to moderate sized place then look in similar sized towns. You'll fit in better and if you manage to meet someone to drag home then she'll feel more comfortable too.  You shouldn't think that a big city girl will adapt well to a 2 horse village.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541401
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3124
Most Online Ever: 12701