It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments Versus Hotels  (Read 82371 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:17 AM »
Thanks for responding, JayH

Mendy DID point out the 'uncomfortable' feeling that STILL puts off many FSU ladies from going up to a bedroom - but you seemed to gloss over it

It is THE main reason I'd not recommend the hotel route - esp. if on a Visit many trip

I fail to see how renting a decent apartment means one misses out on people watching in a restaurant, bar, theatre - and frankly - I'd rather wash my own clothes - but for those living in apartments one can pay to have a service wash

Nor have you dealt with the 'security' aspect of inviting a guest to your room - In Russia - esp. without a guest pass - NO WAY will you get a series of dates up there

In this age of booking.com/ airbnb - if *I* was back in the dating game - God forbid - I'd be using apartment for the reasons Mendy, myself and others have suggested.

Offline deccie

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
Again, Big Bill is correct on all counts.

Yup, I concur with Bill. It's how things worked with me.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2018, 10:08:33 AM »
I'd rather wash my own clothes - but for those living in apartments one
can pay to have a service wash

I don't trust others not to shrink my long sleeve shirts.
Letting somebody else wash my clothes HAS cost me
hundreds of dollars before and it's not like I can go to
any shop and buy clothes especially in Europe because
I can't.

Even Angel eyes shrank some of my stuff when she first
moved in with me.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2018, 01:52:02 AM »
I don't trust others not to shrink my long sleeve shirts. Letting somebody else wash my clothes HAS cost me hundreds of dollars before and it's not like I can go to any shop and buy clothes especially in Europe because I can't.

While I sympathise with your problem, why do you single out Europe?  I would agree if you said Asia, but there are many men in Europe who are as tall as (or taller than) you, and they have to buy their clothes somewhere.  Obviously it would be better if you didn't have to buy replacement items, but surely any decent-sized city in Europe is going to have at least one "big and tall" shop in case you need something in a hurry - even if it's only as a short-term solution.

Even Angel eyes shrank some of my stuff when she first moved in with me.

I did better than that - I shrank some of my wife's stuff, and she was NOT impressed! :-(

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2018, 09:16:47 PM »
While I sympathise with your problem, why do you single out Europe?  I would agree if you said Asia, but there are many men in Europe who are as tall as (or taller than) you, and they have to buy their clothes somewhere.  Obviously it would be better if you didn't have to buy replacement items, but surely any decent-sized city in Europe is going to have at least one "big and tall" shop in case you need something in a hurry - even if it's only as a short-term solution.

I did better than that - I shrank some of my wife's stuff, and she was NOT impressed! :-(

Try finding a big and tall shop in Italy which is the last place where
a hotel washed my clothes. I'm big and tall in many places but I'm
a giant in Treviso Italy. (6' 7" 250 lbs, 201cm 113kg). I was in business
meetings about 12 hours per day and finding a big and tall shop when I
was done it was too difficult to contemplate. 

You're right, I shouldn't have said that about the entire continent.

Wouldn't want to be the one shrinking Angel Eyes things. I would
get keeeled!
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2018, 03:49:41 AM »
Try finding a big and tall shop in Italy which is the last place where a hotel washed my clothes. I'm big and tall in many places but I'm a giant in Treviso Italy. (6' 7" 250 lbs, 201cm 113kg). I was in business meetings about 12 hours per day and finding a big and tall shop when I was done it was too difficult to contemplate.

Now that you've clarified the scheduling situation it makes a bit more sense.  :o

Offline Arti99

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2018, 11:24:59 AM »
You are right. We must not offend people or share them in relation to origins or country, each one is free of his thoughts and everyone can defend his homeland without attacking others.
Let's hope, let's love
J'adore ce flair de site de rencontre franco russe

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
I quoted this from another thread

Omg :)
 Why did you choose the hotel?? Modern and most expensive apartments of $ 30-40 per day.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
I am strongly in favor of apartments for 'normal' visits of several days or more.

However, James was going for a 'last minute' place to stay just for a couple of days at end of a long trip.

So in that situation, I think the hotel in central location was a good choice as he doesn't have to spend time learning bus and Metro routes, finding grocery stores, etc.

If he comes across a gal who really wants to screw . . . then they will be sure to find someplace for the event.

A corner spot in a crowded Metro will even suffice, if she wears appropriate clothing.

Prisoner's get it done through chain link fences with willing wives/girlfriends.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:27:31 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »
If he comes across a gal who really wants to screw . . . then they will be sure to find someplace for the event.

A corner spot in a crowded Metro will even suffice, if she wears appropriate clothing.

In such a situation it will be a plus to be an American. There are numerous movies that document how Americans manage to have great sex while fully clothed.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »

Prisoner's get it done through chain link fences with willing wives/girlfriends.

If there is a will there is a way, but all you have to do with the Hotel is to go to the
front desk and pay the extra fee for an extra guest.

I copied  Vi.Ria's quote here to get her opinion on the subject in general, not necessarily
on the JUJ's personal situation and timeline.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2019, 04:06:24 AM »

If the girl likes you... I don't see why she would not stay in a hotel or an apartment...

The point is you should talk to her,, make plans together...

Maybe that makes more sense, yeah. I'll do that. Ask her what does she think, and then decide according to her own thoughts on the matter.
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline iolanik

• Been Thru This and Will Never Do It Again!
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »
I'm joining this thread late and my apologies if I am repeating what has already been said. In a nutshell:

1) The preference btwn hotel and apt is purely personal. I stayed at an apt bc it was cheaper and closer to the center of town. The person who arranged it was a guy I was referred to in St. Pete and came with references from former members. You can save a lot by going with apt and also the lady whose apt I was renting offered to come and make me breakfast each morning and do my laundry!

2) An apt can also be dangerous. Remember the golden rule. NEVER, EVER, answer or open your door for anyone unless it is someone you know (host, owner, your girl, etc)

3) Hotels can also be dangerous unless you are staying in a 4-5 star international hotel that has good security. If there are a swath of hoes sitting in the lounge, you can pretty much nix that hotel. One hotel in St. Pete I looked at moving to had at least 20 women sitting in the lobby all together on sofas and it was pretty clear they were hoes. How do I know? Guys were coming up to them, putting their hands up their dresses, grabbing their tits, etc. The only thing that disgusted me was that this was happening to the FAT, UGLY ones.

4) DO NOT EXPECT your girl to spend the night with you unless you have agreed in advance she will be staying in the same room with you and DO NOT EXPECT her to drop the panties the first night. If it happens, great, but dont go in with expectations she's gonna give it up the moment she sees you for the first time. It is best to work out details with her about accommodations if you are not visiting her hometown and if youre both meeting in a neutral city. Sharing a room with 2 beds, separate rooms, etc.

5) ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN/ OPTION B: Let's face it, she may NOT be the one or she may NOT like you and just walk away. You've spent a lot of $$$ and took time off work to make this trip. It is best to write to different girls and while you dont have to tell them you're coming to their town, IT IS BEST TO HAVE A CONTINGENCY PLAN. Back in 2000 some of the guys told me about this since I was making a trip to see a girl I had been corresponding with for months. Needless to say she was a trainwreck and quite frankly, a F*CKING Biyyyatttch. So I had a backup plan in Moscow that I was going to see in a week (1 week in St. Pete, 1 week in Moscow) I advanced the moscow plan but that ulitmately blew up in my face yrs later.
The Moral of the story:  DONT PUT YOUR EGGS INTO 1 BASKET. SET UP A TRIP TO SEE MULTIPLE GIRLS BC YOU HAVE A LOT VESTED IN THIS PROCESS. SPLIT YOUR TIME UP IN 2 DIFFERENT CITIES.  If things work out great with plan A, then take her to the 2nd city of your trip as a little travel time together. If it DOESNT WORK OUT, you have a backup plan for success.

BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!!

Offline ML

« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »
You can save a lot by going with apt and also the lady whose apt I was renting offered to come and make me breakfast each morning and do my laundry!

Two different experiences I had with apartments in Russia.

1) The advertisement said:  "Housewife included."  Probably meant: Housecleaning included.

2) The advertisement said: "Weekly housecleaning is provided.  You can talk to them directly about sex."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »

2) An apt can also be dangerous. Remember the golden rule. NEVER, EVER, answer or open your door for anyone unless it is someone you know (host, owner, your girl, etc)

I had just gotten settled into my SPb apartment when someone started knocking incessantly on door.

I never answered.

Next day, found out from an English speaking neighbor:  It was only the Seventh Day Adventists.

Offline ML

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »
4)  DO NOT EXPECT her to drop the panties the first night.

Bad sign if she is wearing panties !!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »
I'm joining this thread late

Judging by what you wrote at least a decade late ! ;)

Have you heard that airbnb and booking.com are in the FSU ?   

Don't get me started on things like VM v VO  ...  that's is a matter of preference

A hotel - especially in Russia - is a DAFT thing if you're doing a VM ..think about it ... security ..different woman coming an going ...

Unlike a hotel - you'll be lucky to invite a lass up to your room - or for her not to be stopped by security

As you the 'rule' ML picked up on ..   I met my 'mussus five years ago ,, we skyped - a lot - before we met in person .. I only went to visit her - 'no back up plan' and I stayed at her place...  She had two double beds ..

As to whether one ever got slept in ...   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2019, 08:43:35 AM »
I've done both
apartments and Hotel

I never had problems with security at Hotels in Kyiv
I always stay at the Dnipro Hotel top floor suite
tip the head doorman, and you can do whatever the hell you want....
everything in Ukraine operates this way

you have no idea of the headaches I've seen others have
that could've been solved by a little present
but baksheesh is not part of American culture, so people don't get it

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:14:44 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
Hi Krimster

The clue re 'problems' at hotels with different ladies arriving was specifically referring to FAR more security minded.. RUSSIA )

When was the last time to stayed in Ukraine and had different non family ladies arriving....?

OMG...  I cannot believe I asked that...))

Online krimster2

« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2019, 10:08:41 AM »
I will be in Moscow with my oldest daughter this August, the two of us will be staying in a suite at Four Seasons, I'll let you know how it goes
last year my whole family spent a week in Moscow after our return from Krim
my wife picked that hotel, Radisson, kinda mid-range, a frugal Russian woman, my wife...
yup, ooh-cry-eena is always much more laid back then roos-see-ya
I am related to Odessa gangsters, so I know how to roll in my ancestral homeland just like they did
whether in Russia or Ukraine I know EXACTLY how to talk and behave with cops, doormen, security guards and get whatever I need with minimum hassle, and they will be smiling when I depart
I NEVER have THOSE kinds of problems there...

it's a different "life-style" apartment vrs hotel
there are times that I'd prefer one over the other
hotels are convenient, provide more family friendly amenities and safey especially for a family
apartments provide more freedom, and maybe location
for example, I like to rent apartments in Arkadia that are overlooking the chorny moira
when I go to Odessa instead of a hotel

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:19:18 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
I will be in Moscow with my oldest daughter this August, the two of us will be staying in a suite at Four Seasons, I'll let you know how it goes

Please do - are you really going to let your daughter be the 'date' for this experiment ;)

When  we go to posh  Hotels in RU for New Year Year - security in REALLY tight - each guest having a pass key linked to their passport and photo

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2019, 01:25:54 PM »
...A hotel - especially in Russia - is a DAFT thing if you're doing a VM ..think about it ... security ..different woman coming an going ...

Unlike a hotel - you'll be lucky to invite a lass up to your room - or for her not to be stopped by security..

LMAO.  Did this very thing in Moscow (Marriott-Tverskaya) and never had a problem. I never understand people displaying their personal limitation on others as though it's *everyone's* reality.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »
"Please do - are you really going to let your daughter be the 'date' for this experiment ;) ?  "

no, she doesn't like it when I do that!!!
she let me one time, pretend to be my wife in the supermarket, and I totally freaked these guys out!!!
for those who don't know, I have a daughter who's about to turn 18, who speaks fluent Russian (and English) and who is 5' 10"
so she did a fake Russian accent (copied her mom) and I cat fished a group of rednecks into thinking she was my wife
I did it spontaneously, and she played along, good sport that she is
they weren't convinced we were married until we showed them our driver's license's with the same last name
you shoulda seen the looks on their faces, cuz I'm a 60 yr old dewd
I can promise you every single one of these geniuses voted for Trump
you CAN fool all of the people all of the time, at least these people...
and it's such bloody good fun

Offline iolanik

• Been Thru This and Will Never Do It Again!
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
Bad sign if she is wearing panties !!!

Crazy Mofo! LMAO! I got a good laugh from those responses braddah!

Offline msmob

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2019, 04:41:02 AM »

LMAO! Why don't you have another instead? 

STILL suggesting it is *I* that drinks too much booze, rather than dealing with the question - WHEN were you last over in the FSU to 'know' ...?

Moscow would have a far more progressive attitude these days than it did back then. Think, man.

Unlike you - we DO use Moscow hotels and apartments - on stop-overs to/from  Sochi or the far east ( as well as hotels  in Novosibirsk / Sochi / and on roadtrips to . from Russia ..)

Whoosh irony missed alert ..;) ..

And you *think* Trenchcoat is stupid.  :P

STUPID is commenting on things you ain't doing or haven't done in an 'eon'
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:44:34 AM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM