It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075682 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5625 on: December 16, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »
Not sure how to say in English "игра в наперстки" but this is what people are doing comparing Russia to Germany or any other country/ Belorussia? More.

As for Putin, he is absolutely popular in Russia. Highly popular.

игра в наперстки=shell game

The only poster comparing Germany to Russia was a Russian.[/size]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:20:03 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5626 on: December 16, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »
GQBlues, they just can not accept the fact that Russia has a very strong President. Finally! It is hard for them as well to understand that the majority of people do want him as a leader.

Russia has a strong and popular president, that makes Russia a stronger more unified nation.  It is not in US interests for Russia to be strong, hence we try to interfere from afar and undermine Putin.   Juxtapose that with the situation in the US where for better or worse we have a VERY unpopular president which weakens the nation.  If Trump tried to involve us in a military entanglement overseas his already low popularity would plummet further and put his own presidency further at risk.   Aside from his own possibly his own personal beliefs, that might be one of the reasons he has talked big but done very little.  I say keep in office (Good for economy), but keep him weak. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5627 on: December 16, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
I know that strong Russia with strong President is PITA of USA)))

So I am glad Putin is running for the presidency.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5628 on: December 16, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »
I know that strong Russia with strong President is PITA of USA)))

So I am glad Putin is running for the presidency.

And we wish you were living in Russia with him.  :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5629 on: December 16, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »
I will. I am planning on returning.

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5630 on: December 16, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »
Out of pure curiosity, what does "See's him " mean?

Sorry should be "sees"

Personally, I don't really have any view on this subject ... Except if someone isn't comfortable stating their political views in public, then obviously she's felt intimidated in the past. I didn't want to question the reason why.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5631 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:21 PM »
Hahaaaaaaaaaaa these Americans still think that living outside their country is a punishment!

You are funny!

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5632 on: December 16, 2017, 08:10:47 PM »

'We' being, you and your hemorrhoid, or your tick?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5633 on: December 17, 2017, 03:54:48 AM »
'We' being, you and your hemorrhoid, or your tick?

Fathertime!
"We, the people" )))))

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5634 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:28 AM »
The flood of news stories from a country as large, diverse and strange as the Russian Federation often appears to be is far too large for anyone to keep up with. But there needs to be a way to mark those which can’t be discussed in detail but which are too indicative of broader developments to ignore.
What’s the Difference Between Putin and God? God Doesn’t Think He’s Putin

‘State Reserve Fund Running Out, Ruble Collapse Predicted’ and other neglected Russian stories

The Election’s Only Unknowns: How Few People Will Turn Out? and Who’ll Finish Second?

An old discussion point in thread--the time is close now
State Reserve Fund Running Out, Ruble Collapse Predicted

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/12/16/state-reserve-fund-running-out-ruble-collapse-predicted-and-other-neglected-russian-stories-euromaidan-press/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5635 on: December 18, 2017, 11:41:49 AM »
Putin tops latest Russian election rating \
The summary of the research released on Friday states that 67 percent of respondents said that they would vote for Putin if the poll took place on Sunday. Eight percent said that they would vote for the leader of the Russian Liberal Democratic Party, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, and 4 percent pledged their support to the head of the Russian Communist Party, Gennady Zyuganov.
Just 1 percent of the public expressed plans to vote for the founder of the liberal Yabloko party, Grigory Yavlinsky, and a similar share said they were ready to vote reporter and former ‘It-girl’ Ksenia Sobchak, who earlier announced that she planned to take part in the election to provide an option for those who wanted to vote for “none of the above.”
One percent of respondents said they would protest by rendering their ballots invalid, while 8 percent of those polled told researchers they would skip the vote if it were held this coming Sunday. A further 8 percent could not give a definite answer to the question.
In the same research, 80 percent of respondents said that they personally trusted Putin, while 15 percent said they do not trust the incumbent and 5 percent remained undecided. When researchers asked people if they personally thought Putin was performing well as president, 81 percent gave a positive answer while 12 percent said the president was performing poorly. Seven percent could not give a simple answer to this question.
The poll was held on December 9 and 10, shortly after Putin announced he would run for a new term in 2018. Earlier this week, Putin confirmed his intention, but said he planned to run as an independent candidate and counted on the support of a wide variety of Russian political parties and public movements.
On Friday, the upper house of the Russian parliament set the date of the presidential polls as March 18, 2018.

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5636 on: December 18, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »

This is a continuation of the past with his approval rating.

And, this brings up again a point I have made here several times.

Many folks here like to tell how they hate Putin and his government and his actions . . .  but that the Russian people themselves are not like that and are wonderful people.

However the truth is that when a leader has this degree of support you cannot separate the people from the leadership.

If you hate Putin and his government and the actions of his government . . . it is completely silly to say that you still love the Russian people.

The Russian people are Putin; Putin is the Russian people.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5637 on: December 18, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »

This is a continuation of the past with his approval rating.

And, this brings up again a point I have made here several times.

Many folks here like to tell how they hate Putin and his government and his actions . . .  but that the Russian people themselves are not like that and are wonderful people.

However the truth is that when a leader has this degree of support you cannot separate the people from the leadership.

If you hate Putin and his government and the actions of his government . . . it is completely silly to say that you still love the Russian people.

Your bias against Russia and it's people are no secret. But I don't think you know enough about Russia or its people to justify this. Much of Putin's popularity comes from the fact that he changed Russia from what it was in the 90s to being much more livable country. He defends Russia and its interests and is a strong leader. Russians are very aware of the fact that elections are rigged, corruption is rampant and that Russia has many other shortcomings. They criticize their country as much as Americans criticize America but most Russians are still proud of their country and their people.

Maybe this will help explain the situation-

http://www.rbth.com/politics_and_society/2017/05/03/why-half-of-russians-are-ready-to-back-putin-for-a-4th-term_755501
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:49:00 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5638 on: December 18, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »
ML, are the American people Trump, and Trump the American people?

You could really make that same argument about any leader, particularly if he/she is a populist.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5639 on: December 18, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »

Almost exactly what I was about to write

Your bias against Russia and it's people are no secret. But I don't think you know enough about Russia or its people to justify this.

Putin is slime ,disgusting slime -- as is every Russian that supports him. ML is correct that those people are equally culpable for the crimes and atrocities committed by Putin's regime.

That said -- it does not apply to ALL the Russian people ,
The so called polls are rubbish -- just another  fictitious lie from the Kremlin. There are other polls that show a very decent % do not approve even remotely close to the so called ratings often quoted.

We have previously covered why it is not smart( and just plain dangerous) for Russian to voice dissenting views.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5640 on: December 18, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »

You could really make that same argument about any leader, particularly if he/she is a populist.

But note that I have always pointed to fact of the sky high approval ratings of Putin when I state my case.

This is a rarity on the world scene and is the logic for my contending that Putin = Russian people.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:45:49 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5641 on: December 18, 2017, 02:00:03 PM »
Putin is slime ,disgusting slime -- as is every Russian that supports him. ML is correct that those people are equally culpable for the crimes and atrocities committed by Putin's regime.
My fiancee supports Putin.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5642 on: December 18, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
Almost exactly what I was about to write

That said -- it does not apply to ALL the Russian people ,
The so called polls are rubbish -- just another  fictitious lie from the Kremlin. There are other polls that show a very decent % do not approve even remotely close to the so called ratings often quoted.

We have previously covered why it is not smart( and just plain dangerous) for Russian to voice dissenting views.

You mean like falling out of a hotel window or having a fatal "traffic accident"?  :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5643 on: December 18, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »

Until everyday Russians wake up and understand that support makes them equally culpable -- Putin will keep on the path he is on in destroying Russia.

My comment stands.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5644 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
I don't think Putin is destroying Russia, and certainly, most Russians would disagree with that.

Offline mhr7

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5645 on: December 18, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »
I don't think Putin is destroying Russia, and certainly, most Russians would disagree with that.
I agree 100%.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5646 on: December 19, 2017, 02:14:37 AM »
Until everyday Russians wake up and understand that support makes them equally culpable -- Putin will keep on the path he is on in destroying Russia.

My comment stands.
How are Russians guilty and how is Putin destroying Russia?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:16:32 AM by Doll »

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5647 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:25 AM »

That make you engaged to Putin! Hang mhr7!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5648 on: December 19, 2017, 04:18:01 AM »
That makes all the Russians on the board Putin hahaaaaaaaaaaa
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:27:46 AM by Doll »

Offline Belvis

Re: More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5649 on: December 19, 2017, 05:05:45 AM »

The bold statement but seems to be close to reality. 8) At least relative to male part of population, I would reserve the judgement about the best half  of Russians.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM