It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243227 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #600 on: October 05, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »
Billy, I don't buy your 2-nd grade inferences. Show me where I said I was happy about any hardships of Ukraine.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:14:19 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #601 on: October 05, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »

You believe Russia has the right to be involved in Ukraine. Every time there is a Ukrainian hardship, you turn your head the other way. You refuse to believe Putin sent troops into Ukraine to kill Ukrainians. If something said in the media that shows Russia in a bad light, you think it's propaganda. You avoided my question about Russia banning those who bought their gas from selling it to Ukraine which in turn is going to kill innocent civilians. You continue to believe Russia has nothing to do with Ukrainian hardships and only Ukrainian rebels and the fascists government there is causing all the problems. If a civil war brings Ukraine back to Russia, you will be happy. Along with war comes hardships.

BS 300%
It is your poor translation.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #602 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
Show me where I said I was happy about any hardships of Ukraine.

You are happy with Putin's policies and those policies are creating hardships on Ukrainians. If you learn at the end of winter Putin's policy of turning off the gas and initiating a new law banning other nations from sending gas to Russia kills an additional 500 babies than a normal winter would, would that be enough for you to criticize Putin just once since you're against hardships for Ukraine or is Putin's gas strategy justified? You've ignored my previous questions, I suspect you will ignore this one too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #603 on: October 05, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
If a civil war brings Ukraine back to Russia, you will be happy
Billy, dear, when Ukraine was in Russia? I mean "new history"- after 1917.

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #604 on: October 05, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »

You are happy with Putin's policies and those policies are creating hardships on Ukrainians. If you learn at the end of winter Putin's policy of turning off the gas and initiating a new law banning other nations from sending gas to Russia kills an additional 500 babies than a normal winter would, would that be enough for you to criticize Putin just once since you're against hardships for Ukraine or is Putin's gas strategy justified? You've ignored my previous questions, I suspect you will ignore this one too.
Show any of my posts with this "happy". You find one- I'll send you $20

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #605 on: October 05, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »
Billy, it is for you (about gas disputes between Russia and Ukraine)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia%E2%80%93Ukraine_gas_disputes

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #606 on: October 05, 2014, 11:52:47 AM »

Not just state owned, but presenting the government's perspective.  The BBC does not do that.  Russian state owned media does.  Do you believe the BBC would report, as a fact, that a 3 year old child was crucified, complete with a totally fabricated, and inaccurate description of the town square on which it occurred?

Being an apologist is one thing.  Denying the reality of how things are reported is something else completely.  On almost every measurable level, Russian media is subpar when compared to American media.  Not only that, they seem to have taken the most appalling examples from Western media - Fox news MSNbc - to emulate.

FTFY

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #607 on: October 05, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »

Even with private media, reporters and editors have their beliefs and like to promote it. Obama can make a speech on his policies. A conservative reporter will report the truth on what Obama said and put his opinion in the article saying how those policies are bad for you. A liberal reporter can report the truth too and add his opinion on how those policies are good for you. As a reader, one has to figure out what is fact, what is opinion, and what opinion is fact. Humans aren't perfect. Can't expect the news, to be perfect either but privately owned news with competition from other privately owned news sources is better than all news being state owned.
I don't disagree with anything you wrote here....I would say overall very few Americans are interested enough to do much, if any thinking regarding international affairs.  Those that do decide to take an interest, can be mislead, or will never know certain pertinent facts, as they are secret or buried pretty well.  At this point there is so little trust in our govt. that garnering real support for most foreign interventions is going to be very difficult...it pretty much takes public beheadings, or something of the like to get begrudging support....and even then there are lingering doubts as to the veracity of what is really happening, since we do have a history of false flag operations such as the Lusitania, or the Tonkin incident.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #608 on: October 05, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »
I sure do deny.I watch news on Первый канал. Have never heard anything like "fascists". The news are  very neutral.

Like I said, obtuse.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #609 on: October 05, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Ahh no.  The BBC does represent the government's view just as PBS represents' the liberal secular view.   Russian media is subpar when compared to American media.  I agree with that.  Actually  Russian media is subpar when compared to Latin or even Arab media.  You just GQBluesed your argument when you said Fox is the most appalling example of  Western media especially when they are the ratings giants compared to the ratings minnows like CNN, MSNBC, et al. The most appalling example of Western media, click on TMZ

LMFAO

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If you really believe that, then why are you arguing that Russian media is subpar?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #610 on: October 05, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
Some problems with American media. 

Evening news: covers local news stories, and when they do cover world events they usually just repeat with our 'representatives' say. 

Talk Radio:  Will have a longer conversation but many times the personalities are so bombastic and one-sided that nobody wants to go on the show...so mostly people get a one-sided analysis. 

Internet:  People usually simply go to websites that repeat their side of the story and reaffirm what they already believe (muzh  ;) )

A lot of times, if a politician is questioned, he doesn't answer the question he works around it, and if he is pressed he works around it again, and then the segment is over.

Among younger people there is little interest/understanding in world events, as they are usually out whooping it up, or stoned!  All in all the American public is mislead (willingly sometimes) rather easily, in my opinion!
Fathertime!

LMAO!!

And you are different because....?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #611 on: October 05, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »
So you do not watch either the BBC or the Russian state owned programs yet claim to be an expert on their content?
Perhaps you should not believe all the propaganda you hear. And internet clips do not count, as they do not show the full programming. It is simple to make a point by taking fragments out of context.

LMFAO

I can envision you in front of more than 100 tv monitors watching all channels simultaneously and determining the point you have just made.

LMAO!!!

Thanks for the laugh.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #612 on: October 05, 2014, 12:20:44 PM »
Too late,lordtiberius and Stirlitz- I reported to moderators.
To the rest of board members- they both used a VERY strong swearing towards Russia's President and Russia as a country.

It is totally unacceptable on this respected forum, it is against the rules.
Lord just repeated it without understanding, but Stirlitz did it purposely.

Since when calling Hoilo an asshole of Obama a Nigr against the TOS?

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2014, 12:23:37 PM »
Too late,lordtiberius and Stirlitz- I reported to moderators.
To the rest of board members- they both used a VERY strong swearing towards Russia's President and Russia as a country.

It is totally unacceptable on this respected forum, it is against the rules.
Lord just repeated it without understanding, but Stirlitz did it purposely.
It took me a while to understand what you mean.
It is not "too late", someone’s corrected my post and replaced the real name of the Muscovy president with his alias that he got when he worked for the KGB (Poo-tin). I regard this as oppression of free speech. Poo-tin is Who-ylo, and it is not a swearing word, it is his real name. We in Ukraine refer to him this way all the time and few people think that it is a swearing word. It used to be — now it is not.
We just call a spade a spade.
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline BillyB

My view of the war
« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2014, 12:26:10 PM »
Billy, it is for you (about gas disputes between Russia and Ukraine)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia%E2%80%93Ukraine_gas_disputes

Trying to defend Putin's policies....again? You understand those policies create hardships for Ukrainians? Putin didn't have much problem with Ukraine not paying the bill when his puppet president ran the country so I'm not buying that it's a big problem now.

I don't expect Russia to give away free gas. There are better ways to resolve this. EU and America are eager to help. Putin should create a payment plan for Ukraine and get America and EU to help with the bill if necessary. All that could be part of the aid package America and EU wants to help Ukraine with. If sides can't agree, Russia should not create a law banning nations purchasing their gas from sending it to Ukraine. Your government wants Ukraine to have zero gas, period. Their intent is to harm Ukraine and Ukrainians into submission. In America we have laws that prevent utility companies from shutting off gas or electricity in the winter even if a person can't pay. It's inhumane to force people to live in a freezer. Putin wants Ukrainians to live in a freezer as punishment for ousting it's puppet president and leaving it's sphere of influence.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #615 on: October 05, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »

Trying to defend Putin's policies....again? You understand those policies create hardships for Ukrainians? Putin didn't have much problem with Ukraine not paying the bill when his puppet president ran the country so I'm not buying that it's a big problem now.

I don't expect Russia to give away free gas. There are better ways to resolve this. EU and America are eager to help. Putin should create a payment plan for Ukraine and get America and EU to help with the bill if necessary. All that could be part of the aid package America and EU wants to help Ukraine with. If sides can't agree, Russia should not create a law banning nations purchasing their gas from sending it to Ukraine. Your government wants Ukraine to have zero gas, period. Their intent is to harm Ukraine and Ukrainians into submission. In America we have laws that prevent utility companies from shutting off gas or electricity in the winter even if a person can't pay. It's inhumane to force people to live in a freezer. Putin wants Ukrainians to live in a freezer as punishment for ousting it's puppet president and leaving it's sphere of influence.

Billy, give it a rest.

Or at least be a little bit more intelligent about it, please?

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:01 PM »

Billy, give it a rest.

He can't.
I posted the link to Wiki- he accused me. :D
I offered him $20- he refused)))

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
My view of the war
« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »

I sure do deny.I watch news on Первый канал. Have never heard anything like "fascists".
Didn’t you watch this?
http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/267007
http://www.1tv.ru/news/polit/266169
http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/267138
In this broadcast, the Russian prostitutes (sorry, journalists) do not only call Ukrainians fascists but also go as far as to claim that Norwegian journalists (can’t use the word "counterparts") do the same.
http://www.1tv.ru/news/world/267041

Like I said, obtuse.
I find it difficult to disagree even though I would prefer to avoid applying such terms to a dame. Yet.. see above. Perhaps it is the Russian way to deny the obvious?
Igor Kalinin

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #618 on: October 05, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
It took me a while to understand what you mean.
It is not "too late", someone’s corrected my post and replaced the real name of the Muscovy president with his alias that he got when he worked for the KGB (Poo-tin). I regard this as oppression of free speech. Poo-tin is Who-ylo, and it is not a swearing word, it is his real name. We in Ukraine refer to him this way all the time and few people think that it is a swearing word. It used to be — now it is not.
We just call a spade a spade.

Who knew that Ukraine was the last bastion of real freedom of speech?   :clapping:

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
My view of the war
« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
First it was discovered... not in Lvov, not in Ternopol... where would you think? In Harkov!!! Who would believe that the citizens of this Russian-speaking city bordering on Russia would call the Russian president like this?

Now it is about to become the new Russian anthem:

I must admit that albeit it was a swearing word in the past, no one uses it as swearing nowadays. Whenever someone says huilo, we know that he meant a tin full of poo that Russians adore. Well... to each his own?
Igor Kalinin

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #620 on: October 05, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »

Billy, give it a rest.

Why should he give it a rest?  Can you offer a more intelligent argument?

(I'm not getting paid for this; but I enjoy reading those who give it a College effort)

Offline BillyB

My view of the war
« Reply #621 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »

I'll use your trademark "LMFAO" in every other post to show people I can be intelligent.

I offered him $20- he refused)))

I offer you $20 to show where I wrote "refuse"

I posted the link to Wiki-

What was your intention? To show Russia had to endure a lot of BS from Ukraine over gas in the past years? Read your link carefully. Those disputes in the past were resolved. We are talking about today's issues. If Russia had a hard time doing business with Ukraine back then, they should've ended the business relationship then. Now you and Russia are complaining Russia had to endure a lot of BS from Ukraine in the past? Yep, another reason Ukraine deserves everything coming to them.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »

LMAO!!

And you are different because....?

Well I'm not stoned for one!   :D

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
My view of the war
« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »

That's truly beautiful.  I mean think about it...those ethnic Russians, who can actually speak their minds, refer to the new Napoleon, the new Hitler, as a d*&$head.  Now just imagine what's going to happen in Russia, when this mess is finally over and he's finally on the way out!
Just FYI: I am Russian. I speak Russian. My Ukrainian is limited (I understand all of it but I am not as fluent as I should be). I am not going to give up Russian. I spoke it all my life, I speak it daily, I will speak it and no one is going to prevent me from speaking it. As I explained above in this thread.
But I hate huilo. Too many Russians living in Ukraine do, some of them even have Russian passports. And we do not want to live in Muscovy. I want to live in Ukraine, and huilo is not going to get it before I die.

As for Muscovy, the funny thing is huilo wants to be another Hitler. He is repeating his steps meticulously and dreams of the third reich (if we take the Russian Empire as the first one and the USSR as the second). But he is going to end up as Miloshevich and the Russian Federation is going to fall apart just like Yugoslavia did. Because, unlike Hitler, he is a dwarf paltry huilo — a nonentity. Hitler was able to make Germany a successful country in the 1930s without any oil. Huilo has oil but Muscovy’s GDP is just slightly over that of Italy. This is just laughable. Muscovy has gone into 6 wars after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, there have been numerous acts of terrorism, the government is uncapable of saving their citizens when things like the Kursk, Nord-Ost, Beslan, etc. happen, and that is why we call Poo-tin like that. He deserves it.
Igor Kalinin

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #624 on: October 05, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »
BS 300%

Another Putin victory margin?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0