It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243391 times)

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #650 on: October 08, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »
WARNING: The following image may cause distress to die-hard commies

:sad:

Can someone translate what that banner says?

Dear Kharkiv,

Please excuse us.  This is under construction

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #651 on: October 08, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »
More locals die at the hands of the terrorists than at the hands of ATO.  The terrorists also shell the city, and violated the ceasefire not only in Donetsk, where they are desperate to take the airport, but also in Mariupol, where they have almost no local support.  In Luhansk, the terrorists broke the ceasefire, killing 3 ATO soldiers. 

Meanwhile, in the LPR, the citizens have virtually no infrastructure, schools are not operating, most of the mines are inoperable, rail lines are destroyed, pensioners have been without funds for months, most have no jobs.  So, what have the esteemed self appointed leaders decided is the most pressing issue for this new "republic"?  Banning homosexuality.

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1412628810

Some of my contacts who reside in Lugansk have went home.  One of them is scared.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #652 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
Donetsk and Lugansk will become decrepit wastelands if they remain under separatist rule.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:42:35 PM by Isthmus »

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #653 on: October 08, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »
It already is.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #654 on: October 08, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »
7:05 minutes into the video I was very impressed with the bravery of the two young sisters who told the ethnic Russians to take their stuff and move to Russia, if they wanted to be part of Russia.  I wonder what happened to them?  I am sure, or I suspect by now, that they have left Donetsk for a safer area of Ukraine.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #655 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
Or maybe they had to be humiliated by the DNR thugs or killed by collateral damage by Russia Today. 

I wonder that what happened to Vladimir and Lenin or Roma once the Vostok boys took over, they were persona non grata by Vladimirovich. 

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
I was reading and found this piece regarding Reuters investigators finding serious flaws in what was the 'accepted' narrative regarding the some of the deaths:

This part was particularly interesting:
A Reuters examination of Ukraine's probes into the Maidan shootings - based on interviews with prosecutors, defence attorneys, protesters, police officers and legal experts – has uncovered serious flaws in the case against Sadovnyk and the other two Berkut officers.[/size]Among the evidence presented against Sadovnyk was a photograph. Prosecutors say it shows him near Kiev’s Independence Square on Feb. 20, wearing a mask and holding a rifle with two hands, his fingers clearly visible.[/font][/b][/i][/size]The problem: Sadovnyk doesn’t have two hands. His right hand, his wife told Reuters, was blown off by a grenade in a training accident six years ago. As prosecutors introduced the image at a hearing in April, said Yuliya Sadovnyk, her husband removed a glove and displayed his stump to the courtroom.http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/10/us-ukraine-killings-probe-special-report-idUSKCN0HZ0UH20141010I shall be curious to see how this pans out, but it certainly appears somebody was being set up to take the fall by Ukrainian authorities!  Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #657 on: October 11, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to this Art?  Seems to be another casualty of this war, if it still has not found a home back in Ukraine, where it belongs.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/war-over-crimean-gold-proxy-ukraine-russia-amersterdam-201482392137799800.html

Offline missAmeno

• Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #658 on: October 11, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to this Art?  Seems to be another casualty of this war, if it still has not found a home back in Ukraine, where it belongs.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/war-over-crimean-gold-proxy-ukraine-russia-amersterdam-201482392137799800.html

Collection was made from artifacts of five museums, four from Crimea and one from mainland Ukraine. Artifacts from 5th museum have been returned back home to Ukraine, other artifacts on hold and will be so for a time being. Last time I seen update in Ukrainian news on subject (few weeks back): Netherlands said court should decide and they follow whatever decision will be made, Crimea's museums suddenly did not want to go to court as till Crimea annexation legally not recognized they have no chance, their plan was sit, wait and let Netherlands hold artifacts for now as maybe one day world recognizes Crimea as part of Russia and then they can legally claim those artifacts.  :cluebat:

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #659 on: October 11, 2014, 05:00:39 PM »
Collection was made from artifacts of five museums, four from Crimea and one from mainland Ukraine. Artifacts from 5th museum have been returned back home to Ukraine, other artifacts on hold and will be so for a time being. Last time I seen update in Ukrainian news on subject (few weeks back): Netherlands said court should decide and they follow whatever decision will be made, Crimea's museums suddenly did not want to go to court as till Crimea annexation legally not recognized they have no chance, their plan was sit, wait and let Netherlands hold artifacts for now as maybe one day world recognizes Crimea as part of Russia and then they can legally claim those artifacts.  :cluebat:

Very interesting, thank-you.  I hope the World never recognizes the annexation of Crimea; and I also hope that Putin is stopped where he is in Eastern Ukraine so that he never gets his wish of a land bridge to Crimea.  Perhaps in 15 years or less when Putin is finally gone the next Russian leader will do the right thing and give Crimea back to Ukraine where it belongs.

In the meantime looks like those artifacts will be in limbo land.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #660 on: October 11, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
I was reading and found this piece regarding Reuters investigators finding serious flaws in what was the 'accepted' narrative regarding the some of the deaths:

This part was particularly interesting:
A Reuters examination of Ukraine's probes into the Maidan shootings - based on interviews with prosecutors, defence attorneys, protesters, police officers and legal experts – has uncovered serious flaws in the case against Sadovnyk and the other two Berkut officers.[/size]Among the evidence presented against Sadovnyk was a photograph. Prosecutors say it shows him near Kiev’s Independence Square on Feb. 20, wearing a mask and holding a rifle with two hands, his fingers clearly visible.[/font][/b][/i][/size]The problem: Sadovnyk doesn’t have two hands. His right hand, his wife told Reuters, was blown off by a grenade in a training accident six years ago. As prosecutors introduced the image at a hearing in April, said Yuliya Sadovnyk, her husband removed a glove and displayed his stump to the courtroom.http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/10/us-ukraine-killings-probe-special-report-idUSKCN0HZ0UH20141010I shall be curious to see how this pans out, but it certainly appears somebody was being set up to take the fall by Ukrainian authorities!  Fathertime! 

It is possible that he was being set up, whatever the truth is I hope it will come out in the end.  Since he claims to have been receiving death threats, it is understandable that he disappeared.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2014, 05:36:17 PM »
That an innocent man would go to jail for a crime he did not commit is a kind of state sponsored terrorism that shames all for a generation.

If this man is innocent, the state owes him an apology.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
b]Among the evidence presented against Sadovnyk was a photograph. Prosecutors say it shows him near Kiev’s Independence Square on Feb. 20, wearing a mask and holding a rifle with two hands, his fingers clearly visible.[/b][/i][/font][/size][/font][/b][/i][/size]The problem: Sadovnyk doesn’t have two hands. His right hand, his wife told Reuters, was blown off by a grenade in a training accident six years ago.

The article said he's on trial for ordering his men to fire on protestors, not for firing a weapon himself. If his own men testify against him saying he gave the order, he will most likely be found guilty. The photo of the man in the mask with two hands may not be him, but other evidence can be used against him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #663 on: October 11, 2014, 06:39:07 PM »
They also have video holding his weapon so he can fire it

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2014, 02:50:15 AM »
Very interesting, thank-you.  I hope the World never recognizes the annexation of Crimea; and I also hope that Putin is stopped where he is in Eastern Ukraine so that he never gets his wish of a land bridge to Crimea.  Perhaps in 15 years or less when Putin is finally gone the next Russian leader will do the right thing and give Crimea back to Ukraine where it belongs.

In the meantime looks like those artifacts will be in limbo land.
According to Dutch law, if it is not returned in 30 years it will become Dutch property. The Dutch museum has no objection to wait.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #665 on: October 12, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
According to Dutch law, if it is not returned in 30 years it will become Dutch property. The Dutch museum has no objection to wait.

Payback for the shooting down of MH-17?  One has to wonder.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #666 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline Shadow

My view of the war
« Reply #667 on: October 12, 2014, 08:38:32 AM »
This is interesting, but we've heard it and seen it before.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/12/us-ukraine-crisis-putin-military-idUSKCN0I103V20141012
IT is the same satellite image that they turn around for the use they wish to give to it.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #668 on: October 12, 2014, 08:45:04 AM »
Female central bankers from Ukraine and Russia meet and tell jokes:

"But she added that Ukraine was pursuing other reforms, including cutting back on staff at the central bank, where she said the former governor had no less than 73 security guards and 23 guard dogs.

In Russia, Yudayeva said, sanctions had been good news for lawyers at least, with one U.S. firm having to hire 20 to process payments of one Russian bank."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/12/us-imf-ukraine-russia-idUSKCN0I100N20141012

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #669 on: October 12, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

The article said he's on trial for ordering his men to fire on protestors, not for firing a weapon himself. If his own men testify against him saying he gave the order, he will most likely be found guilty. The photo of the man in the mask with two hands may not be him, but other evidence can be used against him.

Well Billy, evidence was presented showing him as a gunman with two hands, when it is obvious he only has one hand.  Now that
'evidence' was easily refuted and is obviously fake, which will raise the question as to what else is fake?  Now that has been shown that somebody is trying to frame/lynch this guy, everything else has to be called into question.  The link further explains, that the investigation concluded that there are serious flaws regarding the other two officers as well and goes into some detail why.  It certainly appears that the real shooters could easily NOT be these guys, which then begs the question of WHO WAS?

Fathertime!   

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #670 on: October 12, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »

You know the Dutch aren't even a real country

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
This is interesting, but we've heard it and seen it before.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/12/us-ukraine-crisis-putin-military-idUSKCN0I103V20141012

When satellite images confirm this and they abandon the L/DNR, we can discuss

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »

Well Billy, evidence was presented showing him as a gunman with two hands, when it is obvious he only has one hand.  Now that
'evidence' was easily refuted and is obviously fake, which will raise the question as to what else is fake?  Now that has been shown that somebody is trying to frame/lynch this guy, everything else has to be called into question.  The link further explains, that the investigation concluded that there are serious flaws regarding the other two officers as well and goes into some detail why.  It certainly appears that the real shooters could easily NOT be these guys, which then begs the question of WHO WAS?

Fathertime!   

Tell us again about Tower 7

Offline Shadow

My view of the war
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2014, 11:23:57 AM »
You know the Dutch aren't even a real country
Tell that to our king (who is half German) and Queen (who is Argentinian).

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
Tell us again about Tower 7
You are mindlessly jabbering here.  I've never said a thing about tower 7 in the past...and have no interest in that subject.

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541543
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1201
Most Online Ever: 12701