It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243447 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #775 on: October 16, 2014, 03:31:03 AM »

Seriously.

http://www.razumkov.org.ua/eng/poll.php?poll_id=46
You don't live in a real world. Nobody will ask Ukraine if it wants military bases.
Poles! You're funny.

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #776 on: October 16, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »
Boe, do you really think that "poles" will have any affect?
For NATO?

BTW, now for you
http://podrobnosti.ua/accidents/2014/10/14/997966.html

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #777 on: October 16, 2014, 06:06:31 AM »
Join Ukrainian army! You'll not be disappointed!

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #778 on: October 16, 2014, 06:09:35 AM »
More nothing. Have you anything to contribute to the discussion? Are you capable?
No he isn't right about Crimea. There never was, has been or will be a desire for a U.S. base in Crimea. Pure hyperbole propaganda

Looks like a continuation of your anger because I called out your earlier ridiculous statement about KNOWING future plans.  Interesting/telling that you can't get past it!  :D

[size=78%]Fathertime!   [/size]
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #779 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
The male mind is very primitive

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
That poll is five years old.  There must surely be something more recent.

That is not one poll.  It shows the attitude of Ukrainians over a 7 year period. 

I have linked more recent polls elsewhere here.  Not until the invasion of Ukraine did a majority express any desire to join NATO.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
You don't live in a real world. Nobody will ask Ukraine if it wants military bases.
Poles! You're funny.

Polls. 

Why do you think Ukraine never joined NATO before?  Why weren't any military bases placed there without asking in the past 24 years?

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #782 on: October 16, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
Boe, do you really think that "poles" will have any affect?
For NATO?

No Ukrainian leader has defied the will of the majority on this issue in the past.

BTW, now for you
http://podrobnosti.ua/accidents/2014/10/14/997966.html

So pro Russian separatists (Medevchuk is tied to Putin) orchestrated demonstrations, and blamed nationalists.   That is not surprising.  A Party of Regions supporter was arrested for firing into the crowd, as well.

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
My view of the war
« Reply #783 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »
For anyone interested my relatives are safely out of Lugansk for a few weeks now. They left when next door was shelled down. They are now safe in Russia but have to start again from scratch. My cousin is in late fifties, äs I said they left everything behind. This part of my family have always lived in that area, even before it was given to Ukraine by Lenin. They hope one day Kiev will get bombed as well for all they have done and all the people they have killed. This is my hope too.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #784 on: October 16, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
I'm happy your relatives are safe, Ranetka.  It must be a relief for you.

Nevertheless, hoping others are bombed is rather barbaric.

Offline Ranetka

My view of the war
« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

Nevertheless, hoping others are bombed is rather barbaric.

Its easy to be civilised with no threat to livelihood, health or life.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #786 on: October 16, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
True.  However, wishing death and destruction on millions of innocents is not exactly productive, nor humanitarian.

Why aren't you upset with the terrorists who started the whole mess?

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »

Looks like a continuation of your anger because I called out your earlier ridiculous statement about KNOWING future plans.  Interesting/telling that you can't get past it!  :D

[size=78%]Fathertime!   [/size]

And you keep coming back with nothing

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #788 on: October 16, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #789 on: October 16, 2014, 03:17:09 PM »
For anyone interested my relatives are safely out of Lugansk for a few weeks now. They left when next door was shelled down. They are now safe in Russia but have to start again from scratch. My cousin is in late fifties, äs I said they left everything behind. This part of my family have always lived in that area, even before it was given to Ukraine by Lenin. They hope one day Kiev will get bombed as well for all they have done and all the people they have killed. This is my hope too.

Stockholm syndrome

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #790 on: October 16, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »
And you keep coming back with nothing

It takes about nothing to respond to these ignorant posts you make.

Fathertime!   

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #791 on: October 16, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »

Well Ranetka, I'm sure a lot of people feel similarly as you do. From the reading I've done there is certainly more than one side to this story.

Fathertime!     

Offline southernX

My view of the war
« Reply #792 on: October 16, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »

question is ranetka , who took up guns in the first place in the donbass to solve a political issue ??

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Ranetka

My view of the war
« Reply #793 on: October 16, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
question is ranetka , who took up guns in the first place in the donbass to solve a political issue ??

SX

Not in donbass. On maidan. Guns, chains, Molotov cocktails. That thing called revolution always results in bloody civil war. The one where Kiev and galicia decided for all Ukrainians.

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #794 on: October 16, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
Those guns, chains, and Molotov cocktails did not appear until Berkut started attacking protesters.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #795 on: October 16, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »
For anyone interested my relatives are safely out of Lugansk for a few weeks now. They left when next door was shelled down.

I'm glad to hear this.

They are now safe in Russia but have to start again from scratch. My cousin is in late fifties, As I said they left everything behind. This part of my family have always lived in that area, even before it was given to Ukraine by Lenin. They hope one day Kiev will get bombed as well for all they have done and all the people they have killed. This is my hope too.

Ranetka, the Ukrainian government did not start the insurrection in Donbass.  Nor can your relatives possibly know for certain who shelled the building next door.  As for all of the people they have killed - how would you or Doll react if someone posted that Rostov or Krasnodar or Moscow should be bombed as well, in revenge for all the people that the Russians and pro-Russian separatists have killed in this conflict?  Ukraine as a country has far more of a right to feel aggrieved with what has happened over the past eight months than you or your relatives ever will.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #796 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »

Not in donbass. On maidan. Guns, chains, Molotov cocktails. That thing called revolution always results in bloody civil war. The one where Kiev and galicia decided for all Ukrainians.

Most those in Maidan protested because of the bad job Yanukovych, Russia's puppet president was doing. Plus he's probably the biggest thief in history. Who started the violence? Protestors or Yanukovych's police force?

I wouldn't say Ukraine is in a civil war. Most civilians don't want to pick up arms to fight the government. Most Ukrainians voted in the current president.

Putin is behind the unrest in east Ukraine. There were no problems there when Putin was busy in Crimea. When Crimea was finished, Putin gave the green light for unrest to begin in East Ukraine, where your family unfortunately used to live. Putin is in total control if there is war in Ukraine or not. Most Ukrainians support their president in keeping their country intact and for that to happen, they must use force on the rebels. Unfortunately the rebels choose churches, schools and cities as hideouts and for their battlegrounds knowing it makes the Ukrainian government look bad when there are civilian casualties. If the rebels cared about east Ukrainians, they should hide and fight in unpopulated areas such as forests.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #797 on: October 16, 2014, 05:16:42 PM »

Well Ranetka, I'm sure a lot of people feel similarly as you do. From the reading I've done there is certainly more than one side to this story.

Fathertime!   

Plenty O' nothing

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #798 on: October 16, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »

What was decided for all Ukrainians was to have free and fair elections-- as distinct from corrupt contrived nonsense.

If there was an ounce of truth in your assertions-- try explaining why the rest of Ukraine is as peaceful as it is. Life is functioning normally only a short distance from the war front and across Ukraine. Attempts to destabilise Ukraine have failed.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #799 on: October 16, 2014, 07:07:45 PM »
But what Ranetka stated is, in fact, what millions of Ukrainians believe, whether or not others wish to acknowledge that.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541552
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1691
Most Online Ever: 12701