It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243393 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #800 on: October 16, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »
But what Ranetka stated is, in fact, what millions of Ukrainians believe, whether or not others wish to acknowledge that.

???  Don't you mean what millions of Russians believe ???

Please be more precise about what specifically you are saying here, as I simply cannot follow you.

ALL of the polls I have read are that a vast majority of Ukrainians put the blame where it belongs, which is directly on the shoulders of Putin.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #801 on: October 16, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »
But what Ranetka stated is, in fact, what millions of Ukrainians believe, whether or not others wish to acknowledge that.

Your comment is confusing.  Exactly what part of what Renetka stated is what millions of Ukrainians believe?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #802 on: October 16, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »
That the government in Kyiv was replaced by Central/Western Ukraine.  And further, that those individuals do not represent them.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #803 on: October 16, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
Plenty O' nothing
And how long have you been able to fail to predict the future of Russia/Ukraine/USA?
 :thumbsup:

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #804 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
That the government in Kyiv was replaced by Central/Western Ukraine.  And further, that those individuals do not represent them.

This is certainly questionable.  More important though is what gave Russia the right to stick their noses into Ukrainian affairs and to first invade and annex Crimea and then to start the bloodshed which happened in Donbas and Lugansk? 

Nobody can deny the Russian tanks, the BUK missile launched by Russian separatists at what they first thought was a military plane and then turned out to be a civilian airliner and the thousands of now dead Russians who allegedly were on "vacation" in Ukraine.  How stupid does Putin really think the World is? 

Putin and Putin alone is responsible for the bloodshed which she mentioned, and if she wants somebody held responsible and a city held responsible it is Putin and Moscow.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:05:30 PM by AC »

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #805 on: October 16, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »
Boethius really?  You disagree with AC?  And how sis West Ukraine benefit especially when part of it is Hungarian?

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #806 on: October 16, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
And how long have you been able to fail to predict the future of Russia/Ukraine/USA?
 :thumbsup:

Fathertime!

And when he tires of bringing nothing, he brings more nothing

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #807 on: October 16, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »

Ukraine's parliament essentially remained unchanged after ex president Yanukovych was ousted. Then an election was held, an election agreed upon by Yanukovych to elect a new president. Were Central/Western Ukrainians the only ones that participated in electing Poroshenko? No. With all of Ukraine, except the parts Putin got involved in, voting in a presidential election and a parliament that remains nearly the same, it's a stretch to say Central/Western Ukraine took charge. Poroshenko is in charge and he doesn't act for Central/Western Ukraine. He acts for all Ukraine.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #808 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »

Ukraine's parliament essentially remained unchanged after ex president Yanukovych was ousted. Then an election was held, an election agreed upon by Yanukovych to elect a new president. Were Central/Western Ukrainians the only ones that participated in electing Poroshenko? No. With all of Ukraine, except the parts Putin got involved in, voting in a presidential election and a parliament that remains nearly the same, it's a stretch to say Central/Western Ukraine took charge. Poroshenko is in charge and he doesn't act for Central/Western Ukraine. He acts for all Ukraine.

Poroshenko is the first President in the history of Ukraine who got a majority of the votes cast in all of the regions of Ukraine (I am looking for that survey and will post it when I find it). 

It is simply NOT accurate to claim that only the West and Central areas of Ukraine are being properly represented.

In fact it was Yanuconvict who ruled by a crony system where he rewarded the dour party favorites from his Donbas region to rule over all of Ukraine and steal, steal, steal which is why he's gone.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:22:25 AM by AC »

Offline Brasscasing

My view of the war
« Reply #809 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:48 AM »
Yes, there are U.S. air force installations in Turkey. Off the top of my head I don't know if they're permanent (long term lease) or on loan short term for the recent/current conflicts.

Turkey is hosting other NATO countries as well. It may be part of their NATO commitment.

There is a difference in establishing a military presence [edit: within] one's coalition/allied/regional commitments or through invitation though, Doll. I would assume the U.S. acting unilaterally building military installations or increasing their military presence [beyond one's agreement/commitment] would be met with resistance from allied/host countries.

Brass

The most recent example...

Defying Russia, Georgia to host NATO training centre - minister

..."(Reuters) - Georgia will not allow pressure from Russia to stop it hosting a NATO training centre on its territory or deter its plans to deepen ties with the West, the former Soviet republic's defence minister said.

The South Caucasus country of 4.5 million, crossed by pipelines that carry Caspian oil and gas from Azerbaijan to Europe, went to war with Russia in 2008 and remains wary of antagonising Moscow as it tries to move further out of its orbit.

"Confrontation with Russia should be avoided. Georgia needs stability," Defence Minister Irakly Alasania told Reuters in an interview. "But we will never bow to the Russians ... to a 'diktat' from Russia on what is better for Georgia."...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/10/17/uk-georgia-nato-idUKKCN0I60SB20141017

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #810 on: October 17, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
Millions in the Donbas did not vote.  Furthermore, the change in the Rada initially came from coercion, although the Party of Regions would not have retained control in any event.

However, none of that is my point.  My point is what millions in the region believe and feel.  They believe and feel the way Ranetka expressed her perspective.  Those individuals believe the current government is run by Western Ukrainians, that they don't represent them, and that they will not be ruled by them. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #812 on: October 17, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #813 on: October 17, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
And when he tires of bringing nothing, he brings more nothing
Thanks for talking about 'nothing'...much better than your absolute predictions about the future.

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #814 on: October 17, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
However, none of that is my point.  My point is what millions in the region believe and feel.  They believe and feel the way Ranetka expressed her perspective.  Those individuals believe the current government is run by Western Ukrainians, that they don't represent them, and that they will not be ruled by them.
I have believed this to be true all along...a lot of Ukrainians don't feel represented.   If that is the case, how is it that the USA should go marching in and try to change minds by use of force/ sanctions/pressure?  The Ukrainians/Russians have been living amongst each other for a long time... they gotta work this out and it doesn't have to turn into a worldwide issue.

Fathertime!

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #815 on: October 17, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
They hope one day Kiev will get bombed as well for all they have done and all the people they have killed. This is my hope too.

Shall others adhere to your attitude and hope you and your family one day will be wiped off from the earth?

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
My view of the war
« Reply #816 on: October 17, 2014, 12:06:51 PM »
Shall others adhere to your attitude and hope you and your family one day will be wiped off from the earth?

Your kind tried already.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »
I have believed this to be true all along...a lot of Ukrainians don't feel represented.   If that is the case, how is it that the USA should go marching in and try to change minds by use of force/ sanctions/pressure?  The Ukrainians/Russians have been living amongst each other for a long time... they gotta work this out and it doesn't have to turn into a worldwide issue.
Fathertime!

It is a "lot", but still a minority in the region.  It is a worldwide issue because

a)  Russia broke treaties in invading and annexing Crimea; and
b)  Russia is funding and arming the terrorists.

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #818 on: October 17, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »
Your kind tried already.

The terrorists started the war in Donbas. 

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #819 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »
Your kind tried already.

My kind unlike your kind do not wish for 2.758 millions of people to die.

By the way, how you feel about the fact kind among who you are living starting to supply bullet-proof vests and helmets to the kind you hate so much?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #820 on: October 17, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
My kind unlike your kind do not wish for 2.758 millions of people to die.

By the way, how you feel about the fact kind among who you are living starting to supply bullet-proof vests and helmets to the kind you hate so much?

For the intellectually challenged persons on this forum:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #821 on: October 17, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »

We have plenty of board members who already adhere to that attitude.  Simply look at the excitement at the thought of normal Russian people suffering. 

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #822 on: October 17, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »
AC, from Doll with "challenged mind"- put "Russia" on Crimea. Forgot? :D

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #823 on: October 17, 2014, 07:06:21 PM »
That map shows the Kuban Oblast(west of the Sea of Azov) of Ukraine as red..

It's Ukrainian or at least it was until Russia annexed it as it did Krym twice now.

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #824 on: October 17, 2014, 08:02:55 PM »
That map shows the Kuban Oblast(west of the Sea of Azov) of Ukraine as red..

It's Ukrainian or at least it was until Russia annexed it as it did Krym twice now.
Kuban is in Russia.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541543
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1201