It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 243391 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #925 on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »
People who are "tuned in" and "aware" of the mans personality understand his motives and goals. For a person who lives in another country and not "tuned in" to American principles and values it is confusing as to why many Americans seethe at the plastic man.

Yep, because he has a killer tan. And I'd like to see the definition of "tuned in" and "aware" because I'm scratching my head at those.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:21:09 PM by Muzh »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #926 on: November 12, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Actually Kiwi no he does not keep to the law.  He has violated his oath to uphold our Constitution on numerous times, which is why there are whispers that Republicans may impeach him.  Richard Nixon was impeached for similar violations of the Constitution -- namely using the IRS to target his political enemies.

I never saw a peep out of you when Georgie boy was wiping his ass with the Constitution. Care to elaborate on that? Maybe because he was one of you folks?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #927 on: November 12, 2014, 02:17:46 PM »
There you are completely wrong.  With a strong leader in office, our Congress would be united in their willingness to help Ukraine.  Since it's not Obama, look for our Congress to take the lead and take action on this issue in January 2015 as soon as they start.

Oh, a strong leader. Like Putin, perhaps?

<Mach 2 over his head. Sonic boom follows>

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #928 on: November 12, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
I believe that had Ukraine been a NATO member, Russia would never have invaded Crimea, nor sent troops to help destroy the Donbas region.

Well...., the jury is still out on the Baltic states. Let's see what happens.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #929 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »
I'd suggest this is why Putin's orchestrating the current troop build up in Russian held Ukraine. The Kremlin's probably thinking the same thing.

It's possible there may be a "winter offensive" to short circuit any logistical application to US policy changes.

Brass

This is the worry.  Yet the Ukrainians hold the strategic advantage by far.  They are fighting for their homeland and their very existance and they know it well.  Normal laws of war are that the ones defending their home territory usually have IIRC approximately a 4 to 1 advantage. 

The fear I personally have is that Putin brings up his "little green men" from Crimea to their rear to attempt an encircling type of maneuvre.  There is still the advantage we read about from Stirlitz and that is that the Ukrainians beat back the Russians in Odessa who had guns and the Ukrainians only had sticks and rocks. 

I'm also hopeful that Canada and some other NATO country has secretly agreed to give Ukraine the latest heavy weapons that they need.  Have you read the article by George Soros? 

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/nov/20/wake-up-europe/?insrc=hpss
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:56:37 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #930 on: November 12, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »

Yep, because he has a killer tan. And I'd like to see the definition of "tuned in" and "aware" because I'm scratching my head at those.

Too bad Al Gore wasn't President and he suffered these mid-term losses, then you couldn't blame it on his tan.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #931 on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
Too bad Al Gore wasn't President and he suffered these mid-term losses, then you couldn't blame it on his tan.

That's because you wouldn't be frothing at your mouth. Vocal? Yes. Bordering in lunatic obsession? No

As the kiwiman was trying to understand, Putler gets a nicer treatment here than the Nigr does.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #932 on: November 12, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »

Oh, a strong leader. Like Putin, perhaps?

No, like Reagan or Romney.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #933 on: November 12, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
No, like Reagan or Romney.

LMFAO

Mitt "Weathervane" Romney?

Shirley, you can't be serious.

You forgot Georgie Boy. What about him? He invaded Iraq looking for Osama.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #934 on: November 12, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
This is the worry.  Yet the Ukrainians hold the strategic advantage by far.  They are fighting for their homeland and their very existance and they know it well.  Normal laws of war are that the ones defending their home territory usually have IIRC approximately a 4 to 1 advantage. 

The fear I personally have is that Putin brings up his "little green men" from Crimea to their rear to attempt an encircling type of maneuvre.  There is still the advantage we read about from Stirlitz and that is that the Ukrainians beat back the Russians in Odessa who had guns and the Ukrainians only had sticks and rocks. 

I'm also hopeful that Canada and some other NATO country has secretly agreed to give Ukraine the latest heavy weapons that they need.  Have you read the article by George Soros? 

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/35700/

If I were a betting man your comment (my bolded) would be the threat.

Even if the US/NATO decides to supply Ukraine getting those supplies in would require a substantial escalation by Allied nations in that Ukraine would be in danger of being blockaded by sea, losing control of their (Ukraine) airspace and/or a surging of Russian regulars in Ukraine under the pretext of Russian national security.

The Allies would need to be prepared to force such blockades which would result in direct confrontation and I don't think that's going to happen, at least not for a couple of years.

As an aside, here's what I think is going to provide the spark that ignites Eastern Europe - A seemingly unrelated chain of events started by an incident involving a NATO country like Poland, Estonia, Canada or non aligned but friendly nation like Sweden or Finland.

Case in point; We (NATO) are chasing Russian war planes all over European/Arctic skies (incursions). I know Canadian pilots are not amused with some of the stunts the Russians are pulling and I'd imagine some of the other country's pilots are getting antsy. At some point someone in the chain of command or cockpit will have had enough.

Yeah, I read Soros (just read it again). He's already predicted the gas scenario let's see what else comes to pass.

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #935 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »

I don't think it is for the same reason.  I'm not that interested in Russia.  YOU are  obsessed 24/7 with this conflict.  Why again haven't you fought for Ukraine and your 'family'?

Fathertime!

Classy

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #936 on: November 12, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »

LMFAO

Mitt "Weathervane" Romney?

Shirley, you can't be serious.

You forgot Georgie Boy. What about him? He invaded Iraq looking for Osama.

Obama still sucks.  Makes me miss Carter

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #937 on: November 12, 2014, 05:28:26 PM »
Actually Kiwi no he does not keep to the law.  He has violated his oath to uphold our Constitution on numerous times, which is why there are whispers that Republicans may impeach him.  Richard Nixon was impeached for similar violations of the Constitution -- namely using the IRS to target his political enemies.

I never saw a peep out of you when Georgie boy was wiping his ass with the Constitution. Care to elaborate on that? Maybe because he was one of you folks?

Left hand, right hand...this twain DO meet.  Bush wasn't impeached, yet you Republican guys appear to want a different outcome for Obama simply because of the political party you support.  Nixon was a Republican, but he wasn't impeached either - he resigned before that could happen, and was then pardoned for his sins by his (Republican) successor, Gerald Ford.  Was Watergate not a bigger scandal than anything Obama has done?

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #938 on: November 12, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »
Classy

Laughable coming from you!   :thumbsup:

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #939 on: November 12, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
  Was Watergate not a bigger scandal than anything Obama has done?

No it actually pales in comparison to the IRS scandal for one, Then there the rest of the list of dirty deeds that extends back to his days as a 'community organizer'.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #940 on: November 12, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
Left hand, right hand...this twain DO meet.  Bush wasn't impeached...

FTR Bush Jr. is not one of my favorite Presidents and Iraq was a waste of money.  That said he did work with the Congress and he had very high approval ratings during his first term.  What did he do that would deserve impeaching?

There is no IRS scandal or any other evidence of him abusing governmental powers in an attempt to destroy the other political party.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:19:23 PM by AC »

Offline AkMike

My view of the war
« Reply #941 on: November 12, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »
Makes me miss Carter

OK "POOF" You're Miss Carter now.  :D ;) :D ;D

Offline AkMike

My view of the war
« Reply #942 on: November 12, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »
Then who were the IRS targeting? Demo's? Nyet

They were going after conservatives. Tea Party and any other political opposition. Repub's also were on that list.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #943 on: November 12, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

Laughable coming from you!   :thumbsup:

Fathertime!

You praise me too lavish brophy. Same some of that lovin' for your wife

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #944 on: November 12, 2014, 10:39:30 PM »
You praise me too lavish brophy. Same some of that lovin' for your wife
I'm sorry I was so mean to you...I know you are harmless.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #945 on: November 12, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »
Was Watergate not a bigger scandal than anything Obama has done?

The Watergate burglary is not worse than anything Obama seemingly has done.  For example, the Nixon administration was using the IRS to harass opponents just like Obama's administration did.  What seems different is that the number of  the Nixon administration's illegal activities seems to be far more than Obama's. 

What was worse than Obama, as far as we know, is that Nixon personally got involved in the cover-up (actually a cover-up of a cover-up), and that my Kiwi friend is obstruction of justice, a serious crime.   And there was enough evidence to prove it.

I was working in Washington, DC then.  The day Nixon resigned I walked down to Pennsylvania Avenue, sat on a bench opposite the White House, and ate a sandwich for lunch, marveling at all that had happened.  Never will forget it, wondering what Nixon was doing at that very moment.   

Related to Watergate,  I later had one of my first Russian experiences.  A day or two after Ford pardoned Nixon, a US college all-star team was playing the Russian basketball team.  I went to the game, and afterwards came a couple of short speeches.  The Russian coach and Russian players did not speak English yet politely stood during the speeches. 

One speaker discussed the significance of politics and athletics and he mentioned that President Ford was an athlete....immediately the crowd roared a thunderous "BOOOOO!"  The Russian coach had no idea what was happening, and the Russian translator whispered a quick explanation in his ear.  The coach had a sly smile of amazement, and just looked around  at the thousands of fans who were booing. He shook his head and  I could read his mind, "How is it okay to boo the President?  What a country!"

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #946 on: November 12, 2014, 11:18:58 PM »
One speaker discussed the significance of politics and athletics and he mentioned that President Ford was an athlete....immediately the crowd roared a thunderous "BOOOOO!"  The Russian coach had no idea what was happening, and the Russian translator whispered a quick explanation in his ear.  The coach had a sly smile of amazement, and just looked around  at the thousands of fans who were booing. He shook his head and I could read his mind, "How is it okay to boo the President?  What a country!"

Exactly.  And what our Kiwi friend also doesn't seem to get is that Bush Jr. or Nixon are no longer President.  Why complain about past Presidents?  We've got short-term memories and we like to vent about the current guy.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #947 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »

That's because you wouldn't be frothing at your mouth. Vocal? Yes. Bordering in lunatic obsession? No

As the kiwiman was trying to understand, Putler gets a nicer treatment here than the Nigr does.

Are you tired of Obamacare, the burning of the Constitution, reckless spending, endless debt, and ceaseless partisan bickering?

I know you are... and you are not alone!

http://www.runbenrun.org/adpetition?recruiter_id=765959
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:54:48 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #948 on: November 12, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »
I'm sorry I was so mean to you...I know you are harmless.

Fathertime!

Be careful, he might sit on you.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #949 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »
Exactly.  And what our Kiwi friend also doesn't seem to get is that Bush Jr. or Nixon are no longer President.  Why complain about past Presidents?  We've got short-term memories and we like to vent about the current guy.

Two words for you: Bill Clinton.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541543
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1201
Most Online Ever: 12701