It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Gator Sighting  (Read 6281 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Gator Sighting
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:53:27 AM »
I logged in to post in what I expected to be the current New Year's thread.  No such thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

For more than a decade I did nothing to prepare for New Year's Eve.  My Russian family members did everything.  I just showed up and dined on food prepared by the family and many, many RW guests. 

This year was starkly different.  Early in the year I divorced my RW wife at the 10-year mark.  I am happier, and I imagine she is too because it stopped being fun around her about two years ago.  My two stepchildren stayed in contact, and while both have dropped by for visits, I feel that will fade as adult demands take precedence.

My golf improved after the divorce, even with my decrepit ankle that needs two more surgeries.    After trying for 25 years, my partner and I won our club's 3-day Member-Member tournament, a major.  I also won as the oldest player the White Tee Club Championship. 

Life improved romantically.  After Ms. Cossack Model moved out, I met someone in Costco.  In that brief impromptu encounter I made her laugh.  We talked and started dating.  She soon moved in.   She completes many boxes:

American (we speak English....imagine that)
      Beautiful (incredibly so, seriously better looking than any RW I met)
      Voluptuous (Hugh Hefner asked her to pose while sitting with her family at a restaurant, a proposal rejected by her irritated
                          father who explained she was underage)
      Intelligent (but undereducated having marched to a different drummer)
      Assiduous (works long and hard in retail)
      Young (too young, breaking all age disparity records). 

I am very fortunate to intersect her life journey when our stars were aligned.  She was pregnant and six months after dating her,  she gave birth to a healty 40-week baby boy. It is fun having the two around the house, yet that is not frequent as she takes the wee one to work.   

I attempt to talk about a two-year plan, yet she rejects such talk, wanting some stability in her life, and apreciating not being controlled or abused.  So, one day at a time.  Let us call it another crossroads, and another path less traveled by, something both of us have preferred in life. 

Important to note, my family has accepted her.  Even the mother of my sons, maybe because the wee one is so cute.  The mother of my granddaughter has been a jewel, even offering to babysit. 

I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Gator Sighting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
Happy New Year Gator!

Yeah, the Christmas thread fizzled rather quickly.  Oh well.

Good to hear from you!  Great to also hear you're doing well and happiness surrounds you.  That's what life is all about!

Enjoy!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year.
STY :popcorn:
I logged in to post in what I expected to be the current New Year's thread.  No such thread.
Well... while you are probably [maybe] warm and cozy...the rest of us are freezing our berries off.
I thought this was going to be a post concerning an actual alligator sighting in your back yard but then I remember you have a pet one?---- Wally? Is that it's name?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:34:57 PM »
Gator, good to hear from you.
I guess the rumors of your death were greatly exaggerated.
And glad that you have found some new happiness in your life.

The wording of your posting raised some questions, if you would care to elaborate.

1) What was your two year plan?  And she didn't like it because she wanted a shorter or longer plan ?

2) How can she take a wee one to work in retail ?

3) The mother of what granddaughter has offered to babysit ?  Your two sons have children now ?

Hope the best for you and all in the New Year
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline northkape

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 07:21:58 PM »

Nice,,, well done, and thanks for the update

Wish you, and everyone else reading here, a Happy New Year!

Jan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:23:50 PM by northkape »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 08:36:12 PM »

Happy New Year to you as well!!!

Sorry to hear about the break, but good to see you managed to keep the fire burning. Life is always moving forward. Good to see you keeping up!

By midway through this month, in-laws will be taking possession of a unit for us that we decided to acquire in Russia. It not only belongs to us, but everyone pretty much chipped in on the purchase. They had also scheduled a trusted contractor to finish the interior as pops is much too old to do this despite his protestation. He agrees, on the condition he oversees the construction. They're getting too old, and while mumski would be travelling every year to be with us if she had her way, but it's getting tough to leave pops behind by himself. As a compromise, we started an annual get together at wifey's sister & hubby's property in Turkey. Since Sars Cov2 had put that in a skid temporarily, we decided to buy a unit by them and have either her sister closest to them make frequent visits and/or relative take residency on the unit so the in-laws won't feel isolated.

Of course, if it was up to me, they'd be here with us and have them live in one of our unit, but pops just have a strong sentiment against this.

Wifey, which started early last summer, had been taking riding lessons. Her improvement had been remarkable. She's improved so much that her teacher believes she can begin showing and compete in our local riding club - Burbank and Santa Barbara. We're currently leasing a big (17.5 hands), well-trained thoroughbred for her right now so she can improve even more. I wish I can post pictures here, but...so it goes. We plan on someday, if we're lucky, to ultimately get a modest 'ranch' somewhere outside of California.

That's my update. Entering our 17th, and believe it or not, I love her today more than yesterday, and all the days before the many...

Live well and always enjoy life's never-ending adventure!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 10:29:09 AM »
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts......

Good to see many key contributors from the past continue to post, proving again that humans are social animals. 

GQ, I know a little about horses, and that is indeed a big horse....must be a gelding and not a mare.  Historically, Russia has been famous for its calvary, so this could be wifey's innate forte.   

ML had a couple of questions:   

-  My 2-year planning focused on how to get her established in life.   It of course raised actuarial issues, at which point she broke off the conversation saying she does not want to talk about me not being here.   She resonds best to confidence.  In fact, to keep my unbelievable dream alive,  it is important that I stay confident in all ways.  Part of confidence is not displaying any behavior that could be construed as controlling.

-  She is the manager, so she has a safe place for the little fellow that is out of sight but not ear.  The wain is a good baby except when he has reflux. 

-  My older son has a 6-yo daughter, a little princess, residing 10 minutes away. 

I would post more but I need to buy diapers.  LOL

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 11:23:08 AM »
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts......

Good to see many key contributors from the past continue to post, proving again that humans are social animals. 

GQ, I know a little about horses, and that is indeed a big horse....must be a gelding and not a mare.  Historically, Russia has been famous for its calvary, so this could be wifey's innate forte.   

ML had a couple of questions:   

-  My 2-year planning focused on how to get her established in life.   It of course raised actuarial issues, at which point she broke off the conversation saying she does not want to talk about me not being here.   She resonds best to confidence.  In fact, to keep my unbelievable dream alive,  it is important that I stay confident in all ways.  Part of confidence is not displaying any behavior that could be construed as controlling.

-  She is the manager, so she has a safe place for the little fellow that is out of sight but not ear.  The wain is a good baby except when he has reflux. 

-  My older son has a 6-yo daughter, a little princess, residing 10 minutes away. 

I would post more but I need to buy diapers.  LOL

Good man!  :)

Yes, the horse is an off-track. Not too many makes the conversion, but the few that do really makes for an incredible show/competition horses. I once had a 15 hand quarterhorse, big for the breed. He’ll dwarf next to this beaut. Wifey is almost a 6-footer so they pair well together.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:25:08 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 05:37:05 PM »
Gator!
 Happy New Year and while it's not good to hear of a breakup, it's good to have an update and that you have as always landed on your feet emotionally ;)
 I must say I dint expect diaper changing to be a new regimen of yours,but it sounds like the golf game is going very well!

GQ- that's very cool about wifey and the horse, that will be quite the adventure if she goes on down that path.

My aunt and uncle are both world champions in several competition aspects poles,barrels,flags across the years.
Uncle is a 7 time champ at *the worlds* and holds the record gir most titles.
They are getting up there in age and while still competing ist the worlds annually they are in the senior class.
 My grandfather raised track horses
and as you mentioned few transition,but the ones that do are often big standouts (and normally thoroughbreds with just enough quarter horse to register as such)
I grew up around them.and green breaking them.etc, but sadly for my grandfather my passion lay in other horsepower.

Anyway I know there are many types of competition, so she may be pursuing things far different, but no matter it will be a cool adventure.

My niece at this time is on that competition path in Nevada.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 06:35:37 PM »
Gator!
 Happy New Year and while it's not good to hear of a breakup, it's good to have an update and that you have as always landed on your feet emotionally ;)
 I must say I dint expect diaper changing to be a new regimen of yours,but it sounds like the golf game is going very well!

GQ- that's very cool about wifey and the horse, that will be quite the adventure if she goes on down that path.

My aunt and uncle are both world champions in several competition aspects poles,barrels,flags across the years.
Uncle is a 7 time champ at *the worlds* and holds the record gir most titles.
They are getting up there in age and while still competing ist the worlds annually they are in the senior class.
 My grandfather raised track horses
and as you mentioned few transition,but the ones that do are often big standouts (and normally thoroughbreds with just enough quarter horse to register as such)
I grew up around them.and green breaking them.etc, but sadly for my grandfather my passion lay in other horsepower.

Anyway I know there are many types of competition, so she may be pursuing things far different, but no matter it will be a cool adventure.

My niece at this time is on that competition path in Nevada.

Hey J...funny, I always knew you to be Mr. Steelhorse yourself. As this is Gator's thread, I hope he won't mind this response so much.

Like yourself and GPop, I ride western. Non-competitive but knows a little way around horses, probably just a tad compared to the usual Texas dust boys. I once got a 2-year and wanted to break it, not realizing what that really took. Long story short, I can shoe, ride, shovel stalls and bathe/brush any horse out there, but breaking is another matter altogether. I wanted to take wifey to a rodeo when one comes around LA/OC sometime again.

But wifey actually rides English. Her current aspiration (and training at this time) is dressage. She's learning that riding comes from the core, the thigh, the knee, the heels and positioning. While she's million miles from riding the likes of Totilas below, she's an astute enough that she'll take it as far as she can. She caught the 'bug'.

I don't think (nor want) to ger her into jumps as of yet. Maybe never if it was up to me, but that still remains to be her decision. After all, riding horses was one of the things I wanted her to learn for us to enjoy doing together. Of all the activities she took on from the beginning for me, horseback riding was at the very bottom of the list. She was totally spooked with these spooked creatures. She took on, and learned, surfing/boogieboarding, biking, golf, skiing/snowboarding - even got her involved on trikes, but horses seemed an impossibility. Until last summer. She listed it on her BDay bucket list. She signed up for a class, and that was all she wrote. She's got comfortable enough that she now even pulls out the horse out of the small, equip it and ride all by herself. She'd even shovel sh!t out of the stalls before the ride. She'd already fallen twice, too. Alarmed her teacher the first time and watched how she'd respond. But she got up, and got back on...as you know what they say with horses and falling...it isn't a question of 'when', but how many.

Some of the pics I took at Burbank Equestrian club 4-5 weeks ago. #3 shows you the varying ages of the riders participating. I think that girl can't be more than 10. Women on horses is like men on golf.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »
English, awesome!
And
It's far more competitive than most people realize.

I'm sure she will have a blast!

Yeah my own interest were steel horses, but I'm still around the more tempermental.types with the various family ties ha!

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Gator Sighting
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 10:43:42 AM »
Early in the year I divorced my RW wife at the 10-year mark.  I am happier, and
I imagine she is too because it stopped being fun around her about two years ago. 
My two stepchildren stayed in contact, and while both have dropped by for visits,
I feel that will fade as adult demands take precedence.

Do you know why divorce costs so much?
Because it's worth it.

Young (too young, breaking all age disparity records). 

You traded in for a newer sportier model. Glad to see that you
weren't turned into a Gator purse/belt/boots combo.

Happy New Year Gator!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 05:11:07 PM »
Happy holidays! 

I am with the same remarkable American woman I mentioned last year.  Every day is a blessing and we unexpectedly grow closer.  And tranquil too given she and the wee one now have their own room (at my advanced age, sleep takes precedence  :D). 

Feels good to see some familiar names still appearing in the RWD posts.   Haven't a clue about current affairs with FSUW.  I feel bad about the suffering in Ukraine, having traveled many years ago to some areas impacted by combat. The resolve of the people is admirable. Putin is inexplicable. 

That's about all I have to report given my life of serenity. 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2023, 05:48:48 PM »
It's good to see you Phil. You are welcome anytime.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 02:16:48 AM »
Happy New Year and good to see you/
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023, 08:14:49 AM »
  And tranquil too given she and the wee one now have their own room . 

Phil good to hear from you with your 'yearly' message.

Regarding your words above (and to be extremely nosey) . . . you mean  previously the three of you were sharing the same room?

You probably have 3-4 bedrooms . . . right ?

I  see your governor is making more news.  He is requiring all the state universities to report how much time they are spending on diversity issues and critical race theory.  Says it will be used at budget time.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023, 02:46:51 PM »
Really great to hear y'all are happy and doing well Gator!

Offline Gator

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 04:44:15 PM »

Regarding your words above (and to be extremely nosey) . . . you mean  previously the three of you were sharing the same room?

Not for long. 

Mama takes care of her baby.  In comparison one could say my sons suffered from neglect, which certainly was not the case.  Also, teething has been a real problem.

You probably have 3-4 bedrooms . . . right ?

Five.  One is overflowing with his toys. 

I  see your governor is making more news.  He is requiring all the state universities to report how much time they are spending on diversity issues and critical race theory.  Says it will be used at budget time.

To quote our governor on November 8, "Florida is where woke goes to die."  DeSantis has wide support.  He got my vote and the vote of almost everyone I know other than my younger son.  Political conversations rarely mention DT.   Ron seems like the real deal, handling himself in public very well.   He is not perfect and Florida has some problems such as schools and healthcare according to my son.   Should make for some interesting primary election campaigns in 2024. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 04:51:13 PM »
Admin, Shadow and BC,

Thanks!

When logging in I did not knot know what to expect given my yearlong absence and the effect of the war on travelling.  I congratulate you for not only keeping the lights on but managing to keep the topics interesting. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023, 06:09:17 PM »
woke?
That's like really unfair and stuff...
liberty, equality, fraternity!! this what you call WOKE?
if so, what's wrong with these things?

you support someone who claims they are a "fighter" sent by GAWD???  LOL!!! of course ya do
and yeah, nobody wants to talk about the last guy you voted for
anymore than they're gonna wanna talk about the NEXT guy you're gonna vote for
such an embaressing voting track record you have...

only time in AMERICAN HISTORY when WHITE PEOPLE had a population decline in the USA since the year freakin 1620 , was in the last year of the presidency of the last guy you voted for!
Yes, rev Jones, may I have s'more Kool Aid, huh, please?
possibly not the historic outcome you had in mind, and we'll see how many indictments your guy ends up with this year....  4...5... or more...

but uh, yeah, welcome back you old geezer!!
don't worry, I'll stay off your lawn!!!

Offline Gator

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2023, 07:42:14 PM »

Desiring to keep my state of serenity, no comment.

I thought I could live isolated these past two years from the progressive movement, then I watched my nest egg shrink.  Even my hedging with SQQQ could not stop the shrinkage. 

I'll stay off your lawn!!!

You are wise not to mess with someone who has alligators on his property.  Alligators leave no DNA.  Your pretty wife will never know what happened to you. 

welcome back you old geezer!! /quote]

Thanks.  Good to see your mind is as creative as ever.   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2023, 09:51:44 PM »
you redneck boyz don't scare me none!

I take that mangy 'ole gator hide
and have my Mexican Boot Maker make me matching boots and purses for my daughters...
real stylish, and all natural organic ingredients...
my daughters are married now, their husbands would turn your scrotom into a leather coin purse with little curly gray hairs sticking out, if you tried to mess with the family patriarch, most unwise, don't spit in the wind either

I recon there's no such thing as good or bad people
there's some good in all bad people
and some bad
in all good people

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2023, 05:06:21 PM »
Desiring to keep my state of serenity, no comment.

Thanks for checking in, good to see that you are still kicking!
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Seeker

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2023, 01:23:35 PM »
Happy New Year to all of you.

Rina and I are almost at 11 years, and each seems better than the last.  She asked me to do some research about RussianCupid that had been rumored about, and for some strange reason I ended up here.  Seems like a different world since I last came here... the actual world, not RWD, though it seems a bit different too.

Rina is now a Realtor here in Florida and loving it.  So if anyone is looking for a place in the Tampa area look her up! 

I find myself reminiscing about "the old days" sometimes and I miss a lot of you... some more than others.  ;)
So I took the time to read many of your updates, and I am glad to see so many of you are happy with your lives and still around to enjoy it!

Sorry to hear about Sandro.  He was one of the rocks that helped us all in so many ways.

I plan to check in a bit more often, if just to read up on where you all are.  Until then, have a wonderful year!

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Offline CaptB

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 03:31:25 AM »
Gator,

Good to see you still kicking. Glad to see you have some new happiness in your life. Do you still live in Tampa ? The wife and I moved to Englewood, Florida............about four years ago. Last week we made a day trip up to Lake Wales, FL............to visit "Bok Tower". Pretty place.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2810
Total: 2820

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM