It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Comparing dating in Russia to dating in USA  (Read 9189 times)

Offline Omega82

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Comparing dating in Russia to dating in USA
« on: February 06, 2021, 11:43:55 PM »
I heard someone mention the other day that the American dating site for older people called "Our Time" is for people age 50 and over.  Basically if you're age 50 you're old enough for this site geared towards older people.  Yet, in Russia a 50 year old man can easily date a 38 year old woman or a very fit 42 year old woman. 

Cameraguy mentioned in one of his posts how he sees a big difference as far as looks are concerned in American vs Russian dating sites.  Besides looks it seems one is considered a senior citizen at a way too early age in America. 

Any thoughts? 

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
Re: Comparing dating in Russia to dating in USA
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:50:13 AM »
I've listened to this discussion for 20 odd years and TBH I think it lacks substance.

I admit I was in my late 30s at the time but when I was travelling, I was never short of a date in USA. Mostly fairly hot. I do recall one dud but she was a result of not doing any homework. I suspect I was her first (and probably last) date for quite some time...🤭🤭

I was never short of a date at home either but I always had a fascination with foreigners, perhaps the result of childhood associations..🤔

Frankly, I think if one is comparing the ease of dating whatever level at home vs Russia, said punter needs to sort himself out at home first.

Offline Omega82

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 03:20:17 AM »
How many average 50 year old men do you see in the US with a slim 38 year old wife? 

Remember obesity is a bigger problem in the US than in Russia.  A slim 40 year is more common in Russia than in America. 

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 07:45:07 AM »

Frankly, I think if one is comparing the ease of dating whatever level at home vs Russia, said punter needs to sort himself out at home first.

I disagree.

Not necessarily the ease of dating . . . but the level of the women you can date based on several variables of interest to the man.

I could never date the level of women in USA that I did date in FSU.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 09:09:11 AM »
I could never date the level of women in USA that I did date in FSU.
I can only speak from personal experience - never found much difference.

One the subject of size, grossly obese excepted, did anyone notice how the relatively high carb diets in Russia tends to turn smokinhotkovas into rather large Babushkas?

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 10:08:00 AM »
I can only speak from personal experience - never found much difference.

But I am not a stud muffin like you !!!   :-)
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:59 AM »
One the subject of size, grossly obese excepted, did anyone notice how the relatively high carb diets in Russia tends to turn smokinhotkovas into rather large Babushkas?

Yes, this does happen.

My wife's mother is slightly plump in her mid 70s and very solid due to extensive outdoor work caring for huge garden and orchard.

I am hoping that my wife doesn't go beyond her mother in this regard.

Her father (early 80s) is built like a cowboy who rides the range.

I think (and am hoping) wife takes more after father than mother in terms of body style.

Offline I/O

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 12:06:09 PM »
But I am not a stud muffin like you !!!   :-)
True that.

And.....at that particular time the Au accent was a help, never really understood that one but it was there..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 12:09:03 PM by I/O »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 12:06:57 PM »
I heard someone mention the other day that the American dating site for older people called "Our Time" is for people age 50 and over.  Basically if you're age 50 you're old enough for this site geared towards older people.  Yet, in Russia a 50 year old man can easily date a 38 year old woman or a very fit 42 year old woman. 

Cameraguy mentioned in one of his posts how he sees a big difference as far as looks are concerned in American vs Russian dating sites.  Besides looks it seems one is considered a senior citizen at a way too early age in America. 

Any thoughts?

As far as looks if you go on Fdate you'll get a disproportionately large amount of women that are hot compared to the rest of the population, of Ukraine, Russia, etc. Those hotties are there because they want something local guys can't give them - a wealthy lifestyle.

Compare that to the western dating scene, US, UK, etc. Most of the hotties in the US, UK, etc will get with what they see as the best men early on, the wealthy guys, the attractive guys, the jocks as you call them, etc. The crap all gets left over on sites like Match, POF, and likely the one you state 'Our time'. The only hotties found on those sites will be there for an entirely different reason than on Fdate, they will likely have mental health problem(s) and/or real bad character flaws making them practically undateable long term.

Countries like Ukraine offer guys the chance to get in with a hot girl (who is likely/hopefully sane) that they wouldn't be able to in the US, UK, etc as they have missed that boat way back or it didn't work out. Many hot girls stay single in Ukraine as none of the guys can match up to their needs or the very few that can have passed over on them for other girls. Hence a single hot girl in Ukraine will look very well upon an older guy up to 10-15 years or more her senior who can provide a much better lifestyle than where she is.

Imagine living in a concrete block apartment as a hot Ukrainian girl. Inside is basic, tarted up if you're lucky and small, sharing with probably too many of your family you grew up with. Now that girl may have near film star looks but all the local guys can offer her is a life in another flat with him in you guest it a concrete block apartment with probably basic decor. Now that girl will see images of lifestyle in the west and will think 'screw this' l have heard that if I do International dating and get a foreign guy then I will have that far nicer comfortable lifestyle and not a squalid concrete block apartment. She knows she has the looks to entice guys and she knows she can potentially get a better lifestyle for those looks. So registering herself on Fdate or whatever is easy and she then just has to wait for the guy to go to her.

In the west meanwhile we guys either accept the grim reality of the match.com, POF, our time, dating sites have to offer or we go on Fdate, EM, etc to get a hot girl way younger then we otherwise could. Of course if your a millionaire or film star in the US you'll be able to get a hot US girl quite possibly, hence why sites like Sugar Daddy cane about, but very few guys are in that category.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »

Any thoughts?

Dating sites shouldn't limit their members to 65+ since they will be hurting their profit margin. Lots of men drop out of the dating scene once they lose their sex drive so the site you mention "Our Time" for older people caters to those as young as 50.

How many average 50 year old men do you see in the US with a slim 38 year old wife? 

I haven't seen much of that. I'm in my early 50's and my wife is slim and 28 yo. She eats healthy, exercises, and her mom and dad aren't fat so it's safe to say she'll remain slim.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
I think also in terms of looks, well many here used to say those in the FSU were a point or two higher in looks than in he west. So an average looking girl for the FSU would be a point or two higher than an average girl in the west. I think though that a lot lies in factors such as how a girl presents herself, how she keeps herself. That I think includes weight, exercise, grooming, clothes, eating & general health, etc. I think on average those are all done better in general than in the west. Now I don't have to tell you about the obesity crises in the west, but also I think women in the west tend to let themselves go with their grooming etc, moreso as they age. I think that would tend to explain the difference. There might be a few more attractve girls than in the west due to genetics but in general most girls in the FSU won't put themselves on International dating sites unless they are at least reasonably good looking as they know what a lot of western men are after. That and the above reason I stated.

In general though if you want a straight slam dunk at this Omega the easy one is to go for an average everyday looking girl. They will be less likely to mess a guy around and more grateful of the opportunity to be with a western man. A lot of guys who state how successful they have been at his and how beautiful their other half is have at the end of the day gone for a everyday looking girl. Nothing wrong with that and even an attractive looking girl can be good enough looking, enjoying being with the girl is important. So yeah it's possible to get a good outcome at this, it just depends what you want. Some guys don't settle until they get a real hottie :P Lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 03:08:17 PM »
I am not sure what Trench is blabbering about???

http://ukrainiandating.co/mens-journal/mature-ukrainian-brides#
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »
an average everyday looking girl. They will be less likely to mess a guy around and more grateful of the opportunity to be with a western man.

Not sure about this.

My experience was that once a gal gets some attention (even when they have had zero for an extended period of time), they start acting like a Homecoming Queen.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »
Not sure about this.

My experience was that once a gal gets some attention (even when they have had zero for an extended period of time), they start acting like a Homecoming Queen.

Can't generalize like that ML, each girl is different. If their personality is quiet and reserved, they could be embarrassed. With others, their true nature comes out.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 06:19:30 PM »
I think also in terms of looks, well many here used to say those in the FSU were a point or two higher in looks than in he west. So an average looking girl for the FSU would be a point or two higher than an average girl in the west. I think though that a lot lies in factors such as how a girl presents herself, how she keeps herself. That I think includes weight, exercise, grooming, clothes, eating & general health, etc. I think on average those are all done better in general than in the west. Now I don't have to tell you about the obesity crises in the west, but also I think women in the west tend to let themselves go with their grooming etc, moreso as they age. I think that would tend to explain the difference. There might be a few more attractve girls than in the west due to genetics but in general most girls in the FSU won't put themselves on International dating sites unless they are at least reasonably good looking as they know what a lot of western men are after. That and the above reason I stated.

There are attractive women in every country.  Among young women, I don't think the FSU has any advantage.  Women in the West work out, and they spend billions on make up and hair annually.  I think you see something that isn't there, because you wish to do so.

Re homecoming queens - I think if a woman thinks she "settled", then her new attention will go to her head.  If she's happy with her mate, it won't matter.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »

There are attractive women in every country.  Among young women, I don't think the FSU has any advantage.  Women in the West work out, and they spend billions on make up and hair annually.  I think you see something that isn't there, because you wish to do so.

Re homecoming queens - I think if a woman thinks she "settled", then her new attention will go to her head.  If she's happy with her mate, it won't matter.

There are indeed attractive women in every country. I don't think expensiveness of make up makes a difference, I think that's probably a female connotation. Make up usually only goes so far, I think women can enhance themselves with good use of makeup but it's never going to turn an everyday looking girl into a model, it can do pretty enough but not a model. I think dress can do a lot, there are some good fashions in the west but all too often I see bad fashion for women, unflattering jeans - plenty of that, baggy tops, man like check shirts, etc. A lot of women in the FSU though not necessarily having the better side of western fashion available keep it simple and elegant I think. They wear plain coloured dresses s lot, skirts and other feminine cut stuff. In the end it doesn't take much just some simple, plain but above all feminine looking attire to grab a man's attention ;)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 07:02:06 PM »
I'm not suggesting expensiveness of make up makes a difference.  I'm just pointing out that were your initial assertion true (it's not), then billions wouldn't be spent by WW on hair and make up.

You are absolutely wrong about make up not turning an ordinary girl into a beauty.

http://tinyurl.com/2vc8q7ru

FSUW don't have the budgets that WW typically do.  So, they buy fewer pieces that have to do more.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 08:22:05 PM »
I'm not suggesting expensiveness of make up makes a difference.  I'm just pointing out that were your initial assertion true (it's not), then billions wouldn't be spent by WW on hair and make up.

You are absolutely wrong about make up not turning an ordinary girl into a beauty.

FSUW don't have the budgets that WW typically do.  So, they buy fewer pieces that have to do more.

Ok case proved counsel I shall let you have that one ;D

Tell you what looking at those pics in the link reminds me of one of the best all time classic posts on this forum that I have read. It was from a guy that visited a girl but reckoned the agency had put in some kind of lookalike body double in her place. She wasn't wearing much in the way of make up like in her agency photo so the guy thought he wasn't meeting the real girl he had been corresponding with but a near facsimile substitute lol. He really thought the agency had gone to all the trouble of finding a not quite so good looking lookalike to stand in and was aggrieved that she didn't look as hot as in her agency photoes :-\

Reckon this site should really have an all time best classic posts section so all the greats like that can all be found speedily in one place :D

Offline I/O

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 04:18:57 AM »
FSUW don't have the budgets that WW typically do.  So, they buy fewer pieces that have to do more
Uh hah...!! How many FSUW's bath rooms have you been in? I've seen the odd one, Mrs family and friends included - couldn't fight your way to the mirror for bottles and containers of this or that magic enhancement or preservatives....🤣🤣

Offline GenMish

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 05:32:47 AM »
The average Russian woman is 40 lbs lighter than her American counterpart, and the Russian woman is generally more feminine. So I understand Trenchs point

As for women in general, their hair and makeup costs increase as they age. If they want to remain beautiful, it costs money. My wife went from next to free in her early 20s, to a substantial amount per month, hair alone $300 plus/mo plus products. So I hold firm on the idea, its nuts to bring back one that is over 40

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »

Some of those before and after pictures are not of the same woman.

The noses are the 'proof in the pudding.'

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2021, 07:56:01 AM »
This is my girl. No make-up, though she does take care of her hair.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »
Uh hah...!! How many FSUW's bath rooms have you been in? I've seen the odd one, Mrs family and friends included - couldn't fight your way to the mirror for bottles and containers of this or that magic enhancement or preservatives....🤣🤣

I meant for clothing.  :)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 11:56:56 AM »
Some of those before and after pictures are not of the same woman.

The noses are the 'proof in the pudding.'

Nope.  It's all shading and highlighting.  The late Kevyn Aucoin was the make up artist who brought these techniques to the forefront.  If you ever find one of his books, he has a series of photos where he "turns" people into famous stars, usually, it's startlingly good.

Here's one of his make up "do overs".  Can you guess who this is?

Or this "Veronica Lake"? (Sorry for the size, I can't make it smaller).

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 12:36:14 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »
The average Russian woman is 40 lbs lighter than her American counterpart, and the Russian woman is generally more feminine. So I understand Trenchs point

I don't find FSUW more feminine than women where I live.

As for women in general, their hair and makeup costs increase as they age.
No, they don't.  I spend about the same for hair (subject to inflation) that I did in my twenties and thirties.  I get my hair cut every six weeks, sometimes longer, to maintain its shape.  I have highlights put in every 12 weeks.

I also spend about the same on make up, but I have always taken exceptional care of my skin.  I probably spend less now, as in my twenties, I used Erno Lazlo, and in my thirties, Sisley, and both those product lines were, and are (Lazlo has been resurrected), obscenely expensive. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1992
Total: 2002

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM