Forum > Experienced

How soon for second K1?

(1/3) > >>

EasternSun:
I know many of you will lambaste me for even bringing this up when I am just getting divorced (should be officially divorced in less than a month), but my wife will be gone on the 22nd, and I already know I will never marry an American woman, so I know I will have to go through the horrible K1 process eventually.  I am just wondering if they will give me a hard time considering everything that has happened and is there a time period they would want me to wait before doing another K1?  If you have too many K1's do they blacklist you?  I guess I could go the K3 route, but that seems more involved. 

The other issue is we had applied for the AOS nearly a year ago, and we had to request a reschedule due to her being out of the country, but never got another interview date.  So she never went to the AOS interview.  I am wondering what I have to tell the immigration service, if anything, about us getting divorced and her returning home?  Or should she call, since they really wouldn't talk to me the last time I called? 

ML:
If you file for second K-1, there are two additional required documents you must file compared to first K-1.

1) Results of a complete psychiatric evaluation.

2) Sheets of paper where you have written 100 times:
"I realize I should know better."

EasternSun:

--- Quote from: ML on September 09, 2015, 10:56:28 AM ---If you file for second K-1, there are two additional required documents you must file compared to first K-1.

1) Results of a complete psychiatric evaluation.

2) Sheets of paper where you have written 100 times:
"I realize I should know better."

--- End quote ---

Haha!!

BillyB:

--- Quote from: EasternSun on September 09, 2015, 10:41:28 AM --- is there a time period they would want me to wait before doing another K1?  If you have too many K1's do they blacklist you?

--- End quote ---

Due to laws written by feminists a few years ago which made things more complicated, you're allowed 2 k-1's in your lifetime and the k1's must be 2 years apart when filing. Fortunately there are waivers that can speed things up so you don't have to wait 2 years and waivers that allow you to do unlimited k-1's in your lifetime.

EasternSun:

--- Quote from: BillyB on September 09, 2015, 08:23:15 PM ---
Due to laws written by feminists a few years ago which made things more complicated, you're allowed 2 k-1's in your lifetime and the k1's must be 2 years apart when filing. Fortunately there are waivers that can speed things up so you don't have to wait 2 years and waivers that allow you to do unlimited k-1's in your lifetime.

--- End quote ---
What about this CR1 thing I've been hearing about? How is that different from the K3?  I would go that route, but it seems really complicated to get married in Russia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version